• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Launches GeForce RTX 3070 Series Graphics Cards

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of premium gaming hardware, released the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 series graphics cards powered by NVIDIA Ampere architecture. GIGABYTE launched 5 graphics cards - AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 MASTER 8G, GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, GeForce RTX 3070 VISION OC 8G, GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC 8G, and GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE 8G. 5 graphics cards are designed to fulfil the demands of different customers. AORUS MASTER is recommended for enthusiasts who want the ultimate performance and colorful RGB appearance. GAMING OC is the best choice of mainstream gamers. VISION OC is designed for creators who don't want to have a game style card, but want a simple and elegant appearance. EAGLE series is the best value choice for those who want graphics performance and durability.

The MAX-Covered cooling features 3x 100 mm unique blade stack fans with wind claw design and alternate spinning, so the air pressure can completely cover the heatsink. The heat dissipation area of the heat-sink is more than the previous generation. And with the big copper plate and 7 composite heat-pipes, the heat of the GPU and VRAM can be dissipated quickly. Coupled with GIGABYTE's Screen cooling technology, the extended fins allow air flow to pass through, forming an extremely efficient heat dissipation system, so that the GPU can operate stably. A powerful LCD monitor is embedded on the side of the graphics card, which can be set to enthusiastic mode, text mode, image mode and GIF mode. Through the software, you can edit all kinds of content that you like, or set it as CHIBI Time to enjoy the changes of the little falcon every hour. RGB Fusion 2.0 allows you not only to set the lighting effects of the entire graphics card and LCD monitor, but also to synchronize the lighting with other AORUS devices. AORUS MASTER also features 6 video output connectors, aerospace-grade PCB coating, Dual BIOS quiet operation mode, and ULTRA DURABLE certified components. It is recommended for enthusiasts who want the ultimate performance and colorful RGB appearance.

GIGABYTE WINDFORCE 3X cooling system features 3x unique blade fans, alternate spinning, composite copper heat pipes direct touch GPU, 3D active fan and Screen cooling, which together provide high efficiency heat dissipation. These cooling technologies keep the graphics card in a low temperature at any time, resulting in higher and more stable performance. The middle fan spins in reverse to optimize airflow for heat dissipation, enabling more efficient performance at a lower temperature. Screen cooling extends the heatsink to allow air flow to pass through, providing better heat dissipation. In addition, graphene nano lubricant can extend the fan life by 2.1 times, close to the life of double ball bearing, and is quieter. RGB fusion 2.0 allows users to adjust the color of the lights and various special effects, and synchronize with other AORUS devices. Due to its Ultra-Durable components, cooling technology and RGB lighting, GAMING OC is the best choice for mainstream gamers.

The cooling design, components and performance are as good as GAMING OC. However, the appearance is different from the game style of mainstream graphics cards. VISION OC is designed for creators and has an elegant and relatively simple design, providing users with another choice for their PC.

Same as GAMING OC, EAGLE graphics card features WINDFORCE cooling technology, Ultra-Durable components, graphene nano lubricant, and Screen cooling, so the graphics card can get the best heat dissipation and computing performance. The appearance uses space science fiction elements with mechanical materials and a transparent cover. There is an RGB light on the side, allowing users to adjust the color of the lights and various effects through RGB fusion 2.0, and synchronize with other AORUS devices. EAGLE OC and EAGLE are the best value choices for those who want graphics performance and durability.

GIGABYTE graphics card uses the multi-phase power supply design to allow the MOSFET to operate at lower temperature, and over-temperature protection design and load balancing for each MOSFET, plus the Ultra Durable certified chokes and capacitors, to provide excellent performance and longer system life. The metal back plate not only strengthens the overall structure, but also prevents the PCB from bending or falling parts. In order to get a better user experience, AORUS and GAMING OC provide customers with a 4-year warranty (requires online registration within 30 days of the purchase date) so that customers can enjoy the game or create without any worry.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name No name, yet..
Processor AMD 1800X at stock settings.
Motherboard AsRock X370 itx/ac, /diy vrm heatsink.
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer 240LT.
Memory 2 x 8gb G.Skill Flare 3200/CL14.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2060 oc rev2.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB m.2, Crucial MX500 2TB sata.
Display(s) HP ZR24W.
Case DIY ITX.
Power Supply Be Quiet 500W sfx-l
Software Win10 home, Ubuntu linux.
The shop i usually buy my stuff from, has 10 pieces from Gigabyte and about 135 from other manufacturers. That is If they've updated all info. So plenty of them...

Less than 2 hours left until selling starts.

:D:D:D

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard B550M Steel Legend
Cooling XPX (custom loop)
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Video Card(s) 3080 with Bykski block (custom loop)
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Power Supply Focus Plus Gold 750FX
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
Sorry guys, both cards have been sold already

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Paper launch.
No products to be had.
Actually they are available here and can be delivered next day... And they're gone.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Places like CCL here have cards in stock too.

Scan is getting hammered as well so I guess plenty don't want to wait another 3 weeks.

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
Are you sure?
Just because they're sold out doesn't mean they are not released.

Yeah, all the ~5000 cards that were available worldwide are gone by now.

So, I'm saying that again and again just to be sure:
It's not Nvidias fault for providing a ridiculously low amount of hardware, its the customers fault for buying all the cards, damn it!

Yeah, all the ~500,000 cards that were available worldwide are gone by now.
There you go, fixed that for you.
It's not Nvidias fault for providing a ridiculously low amount of hardware, its the customers fault for buying all the cards, damn it!
That would apply to ANYTHING the public considers a hot item. Your usage of the word "fault" implies the blaming game. NVidia has released the new hotness, it's expected to be in high demand. That's the way it's always worked, regardless of what kind of product is on offer.

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
There you go, fixed that for you.

That would apply to ANYTHING the public considers a hot item. Your usage of the word "fault" implies the blaming game. NVidia has released the new hotness, it's expected to be in high demand. That's the way it's always worked, regardless of what kind of product is on offer.

Well, Proshop has made their statistics public, like with the 3030 too. Yesterday they had received 206 out of 4620 cards and had another 578 on the way.
784 cards (most on them "on the way" and not actually in stock, one day before launch for the biggest Scandinavian reseller is just a laugh ;)
Source: https://www.proshop.de/RTX-30series-overview

So yeah, I guess 5k or even 10k for the whole world is not so far off from the real number. Much, much closer than your 500k anyways!

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Well, Proshop has made their statistics public, like with the 3030 too. Yesterday they had received 206 out of 4620 cards and had another 578 on the way.
784 cards (most on them "on the way" and not actually in stock, one day before launch for the biggest Scandinavian reseller is just a laugh ;)

So yeah, I guess 5 or even 10k for the whole world is not so far of the real number. Much much closer than your 500k anyways!
One thing to consider, that article is a comparison versus orders... not how much stock they are 'supposed to' have. Not sure that makes it any better, but, just framing it properly.

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
Its not the orders they got from customer, its the orders they made to fill their stock.

So yeah, I guess 5k or even 10k for the whole world is not so far off from the real number. Much, much closer than your 500k anyways!
Wait, let me understand you correctly, you think those numbers apply to the whole world? Seriously? 5000 units might apply to your country, but there are more than 5000 available to California alone to say nothing about the whole of the US. The conclusion you suggested is not correct.

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
I never said that. I said Proshop is the biggest retailer in Scandinavia. Which consists of 4 of the wealthier European states. They also have significant market share in the rest of Europe. So yeah that they have only a little more than 500 units of over 5000 units which they ordered for the launch alone from manufacturers is an indicator of how bad supply really is.

Who told you that there are 5000 units for california alone? You got Huangs phone no?

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Its not the orders they got from customer, its the orders they made to fill their stock.
If you look at the chart, the quantity they ordered are round numbers ending in 0. The values you are quoting are customer orders with varying values. ProArt ordered way more than what the customers ordered. ;)

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
The numbers i postet are the accumulated No of Orderd from Manufucturer, Incoming an received.

I never said that.
Yes, you did. Re-read your post.
Which consists of 4 of the wealthier European states.
Ok, so they're wealthy, but are they a market big enough to justify more allocation of card units? My guess is no.
Who told you that there are 5000 units for california alone? You got Huangs phone no?
I said MORE than 5000. I have access to that info because I own a retail computer shop and we buy from a wholesale supplier in California. Out of dozens of suppliers in that state alone they said we could buy up to 55 units out of their on-hand supply of more than 5000. And if that ONE supplier has that many, most of the rest are going to have similar supplies EACH. Then you factor in places like Fry's, BestBuy and MicroCenter and it adds up quick. So yeah, that's where I get my info. Any other remarks?

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
Are you dyslexic? I said that the biggest Shop in the 4 wealthiest European countries received 206 (two hundred and six) RTX3070 cards. From that I concluded (that means i thought, I made an asumption) that there were propably 5000 to 10000 cards for the whole world.
Well, no matter how many cards there were, Nvidia fucked up again and all of the 10000, 20000 or 50000 cards (at least in Europe) were gone after 4 seconds. Time for NV to blame the customers again for buying too many cards!

Last edited: