• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Announces X570 Phantom Gaming Velocita Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
For AMD Ryzen 5000 Series desktop processor, ASRock, a leading global motherboard manufacturer, has launched the X570 PG Velocita. It is a new crew of Phantom Gaming series designed to meet the needs of high-end gamers and the best choice for high price-performance build. "We've heard the voice of online gamers! The Killer networking on the X570 PG Velocita offers the uninterrupted online experiences and makes gamers beat all competitors in an instant!" said Chris Lee, general manager of ASRock motherboard business unit.

Users may well spot on the phantom gaming logo's difference! The blazing fire in the core symbols the higher transmit rate. Users can enjoy the PCI express 4.0 with double bandwidth from previous generation. At the same time, the whole new Killer Ethernet & Wifi offer a faster and more reliable networking for gamers towards perfect gaming experiences. The cool color around contrasts quite markedly with the flame inside, making the design code of phantom gaming full of mystery. The frame-break shield integrates all elements above, showing temperament of domineer and unbeatable strength of new Phantom Gaming.

ASRock X570 PG Velocita has both Killer E3100 and Killer AX1650, which support Killer Prioritization Engine and Killer DoubleShot Pro, offering the most reliable networking. The Killer Prioritization Engine can Identifies thousands of games, applications, and websites. It prioritizes real time packets over other packets and makes Gaming in first priority, offering more enjoyable and uninterrupted online entertainment experiences with better throughput and lowest latency.

Killer DoubleShot Pro is a technology for systems that have both Killer Wireless and Killer Ethernet products, enabling your computer to use Wi-Fi and Ethernet at the same time. It will automatically utilize the fastest network connection for all of the PC's high priority traffic, and all standard traffic are then sent over the other interface. This ensures the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link.

Gamer-Centric Features for Incredible Performance
For AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors, X570 PG Velocita provides the 14 Digi Power Phase & 50 A Dr. MOS, offering a completely smooth power delivery to fully develop the OC potential of CPUs with optimized heat dissipation. Besides, it provides two Hyper M.2 sockets with full-coverage heatsink for up to Gen4 x4 (64 Gb/s), ensuring that high-performance M.2 SSDs can always work at full capacity and have the longer component lifespan. With PCI express 4.0 slots for graphic cards and all features above, gamers have been already one step forward than other competitors.

Style Your Personality
With Polychrome RGB, ASRock offers a very comprehensive control to perform the built-in RGB LEDs or the connected LED strips, CPU fans, coolers, chassis and any RGB devices smoothly. There are both 3-pin addressable RGB header and traditional 4-pin RGB LED headers on X570 PG Velocita that allows users to connect RGB strips directly to the motherboard and sync their lighting system using the app provided.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Dear ASRock,

If you want to throw a european racing car spin on motherboard design, me and many others would like to see a return to form, and a return of the OC Formula series of motherboards.

Many of us loved the designs and hardware you put on those, and would love seeing them make a comeback. Thanks.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Killer networking killed this for me, give me Intel instead and a solid coloured motherboard.

Killer networking killed this for me, give me Intel instead and a solid coloured motherboard.
Ha, I think I'd rather have Killer after dealing with my Asus board and Intel recently. Luckily I had WiFi on the board too or I wouldn't have had any Internet.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

Not sure about the hate towards Killer that I've notice here, but I've used both over the years, and have yet to see any real difference between them, performance and/or reliabilitiy-wise....neveranottaproblemo :)

As for multi-colored mobo's, I prefer single colored ones too, which is just 1 reason why I generally don't use da Rock's stuff...

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
Glad they got rid of the Intel garbage.

My finances finally lined up to upgrade...the week before Christmas. The Phantom Gaming X was the only motherboard with 8 SATA and 3 NVMe slots. Here they got rid of one of them so meh.

I also explicitly don't want WIFI garbage on my high end motherboards or at least the ability to physically remove the chip to reduce exposure to EMF radiation.

Not sure about the hate towards Killer that I've notice here, but I've used both over the years, and have yet to see any real difference between them, performance and/or reliabilitiy-wise....neveranottaproblemo :)

As for multi-colored mobo's, I prefer single colored ones too, which is just 1 reason why I generally don't use da Rock's stuff...

There were a lot of complaints about Killer NIC and its stability/drivers. Additionally, many users found Intel to be better in last generations. I don't know what they improved in the new series as recently all new motherboards are using, somehow problematic, Intel i225V or Realtek where Realtek (Dragon series LAN) is pretty much the best if we compare bandwidth and latency. Aquantia 10G is good too or at least for me it was working fine but of course 10G is limited to top series mobos.

Glad they got rid of the Intel garbage.

Afaik, older X570 mobos have 1Gb Intel LAN which was fine and wasn't causing problems while all new X570 and B550 mobos have Realtek LAN which is also fine. Only i225 from Intel is causing problems but ASRock is not using it. For example ASUS does.

Last edited:
Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
I like their higher end boards, PCB-wise to be precise. I ordered an X570 Taichi one time, but it was damaged so they didn't send it to me. Liking how they did a better M.2 cooling config on this one, you had to remove the whole thing on the Taichi. This is probably not all that great with that garbage Killer NIC, still not a bad looking board however. Just IMO.

ixi

Killer works just fine, but you can compare it to casual intel 1Gb/s interface which is like... 10 years old and still use less cpu. But there were few tests that killer was ahead too.

I wonder if Mikrotik will enter mobo market, haha.

D

Deleted member 24505

Nothing wrong with Intel network. that dumb expensive killer thing years back was a turd in a fur coat, just a gimmick on motherboards now, as they cant sell them expensive turds to anyone now

Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
You also have the higher end Intel and Realtek chips like 2.5, 5 and 10gbit ones on motherboards of this caliber. So... yeah.

ixi

You also have the higher end Intel and Realtek chips like 2.5, 5 and 10gbit ones on motherboards of this caliber. So... yeah.

Yup, at least in my entire life I have never had problems with intel, realtek, broadcom and killer mega duper nic. What can I say about killer that their "QoS" didnt work on z87 chipset.

Ha, I think I'd rather have Killer after dealing with my Asus board and Intel recently. Luckily I had WiFi on the board too or I wouldn't have had any Internet.

You too? I had a X470-F on which the NIC was performing very erratic; disconnects, the whole thing. Kept going for weeks, after that it was just dead. The board died after a few weeks.

I read more and more faulty intel NICS.