• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT GPU OpenCL Performance Leaks

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
AMD has just recently announced its next-generation Radeon RX 6000 series GPU based on the new RDNA 2 architecture. The architecture is set to compete with NVIDIA Ampere architecture and highest offerings of the competing company. Today, thanks to the well-known leaker TUM_APISAK, we have some Geekbench OpenCL scores. It appears that some user has gotten access to the system with the Radeon RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT GPUs, running Cinebench 4.4 OpenCL tests. In the tests, the system ran on the Intel platform with Core i9-10900K CPU with 16 GB DDR4 RAM running at 3600 MHz. The motherboard used was ASUS top-end ROG Maximus XII Extreme Z490 board.

When it comes to results, the system with RX 6800 GPU scored anywhere from 347137 points to 336367 points in three test runs. For comparison, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 scores about 361042 points, showcasing that the Radeon card is not faster in any of the runs. When it comes to the higher-end Radeon RX 6800 XT GPU, it scored 407387 and 413121 points in two test runs. Comparing that to GeForce RTX 3080 GPU that scores 470743 points, the card is slower compared to the competition. There has been a Ryzen 9 5950X test setup that boosted the performance of Radeon RX 6800 XT card by quite a lot, making it reach 456837 points, making a huge leap over the Intel-based system thanks to the Smart Access Memory (SAM) technology that all-AMD system provides.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I should point out that OpenCL kernels are not that hardware agnostic in terms of performance and are rather notorious for running extremely slow or fast depending on the characteristics of the CUs.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
so we have to 'match-up' the card and the CPU to get the best performance? :shadedshu:

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
That's Smart Access Memory's whole point with Ryzen 5000 and X570. You've skipped much of the GPU event I reckon?
you missed the presentation on sarcasm?

System Name RyZen 7
Processor AMD RyZen 7 1700x @ 3.7 Mhz
Motherboard MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium
Cooling EKW 360
Memory G-Skill Trident Z 32gb
Video Card(s) RX Vega 64
Storage SSD + M.2 + HDD
Display(s) Samsung 4k 24" FreeSync
Case Thermaltake Core P5
Audio Device(s) Logitech z906
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 RX1200
Mouse Logitech G303
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Win 10 x64
Benchmark Scores ...soon
OK..... let's do it....Ryzen 5xx + x570 + RX6xxx... ;) cool
at the end, it seems that smart memory access works.

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
you missed the presentation on sarcasm?

So you ask a question in plenum to show that you are mad at AMD for inventing technology resulting in better performance when supported? God thing that you are on team red, because not accepting that would have been impossible supporting nvidia given the hardware and software 'performance-boost' technologies they have developed. AMD there is a pretty good reason to the performance being hardware driven (could not have happened without them developing their hardware in unity), but with nvidia you see software limitations to try to strangle the compatition.

Uroshi

There are actually 2 results for 6800 and 3 for 6800XT. :rolleyes:

And 350k and 400k are respectable results.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
That's Smart Access Memory's whole point with Ryzen 5000 and X570. You've skipped much of the GPU event I reckon?
I'm thinking that people's concerns are over being encouraged (forced) to buy into the ecosystem to get these results or the GPU will be 2-13% slower (according to their slide, several percent on average). I know every company puts their best foot forward, however, it feels a bit misleading considering how few are actually running that setup. to me, as a current intel user (and not changing for years with the CPU I have), it's critical to see these results without SAM and where the cards stand.

Right now only, what...four mobos, work with it? Surely most will add support, but just in reality, an overwhelming majority of users are running Intel systems or X470 on down mobos, or would need to pay to upgrade to the 5000 series (sucks for those who bought Zen2).

resulting in better performance when supported?
when supported.... yeah. See above. ;)

Last edited:
so we have to 'match-up' the card and the CPU to get the best performance? :shadedshu:

The writing was on the wall as early as 2018 or 2019 when AMD announced their Infinity Architecture plan; where they aim to allow an all AMD ecosystem eventually act as one giant gestalt APU, sharing all appropriate resources, maximize efficiency, and killing or reducing bottlenecks/latency wherever they can. It also makes sense; AMD needs to find every edge they have to compete against giants, and they're quite unique in having plenty of experience with both CPU and GPU designs. Not to mention, some of that work was likely influenced by the SoC projects they've been working with MS and Sony.

The nice thing about this though is that AMD is thus far leveraging mostly open source standards to do some of their tricks and features. As far as SAM goes, Intel and NVIDIA can also do similar, but they would have to pay for validation and driver maintenance (and more than likely will limit it as a feature to top-end SKUs to cut down on testing costs).

You can bet that Intel will do SAM-like capabilities once their Xe GPU matures enough; they would also need every bit of edge possible to pump up their numbers. And they too will eventually pursue their own take at an Intel-based heterogeneous computing ecosystem like AMD's IA. The only concern on the Intel side really is whether or not they will lock it to high-end SKUs to push high-margin silicon, or if they will follow AMD and allow it up and down the product stack. In the meantime, Intel could play nice and validate a variant of SAM between Intel and Radeon, even if it's only on the upper CPU SKUs (10600+). Intel has already worked with AMD once before with their weird NUC, and could do so again and just manage the drivers and compatibility lists between Intel CPUs and Radeon GPUs.

NVIDIA would have to implement, test, and complete validation of a SAM-like feature for both Intel and AMD CPUs at their own dime, should they have any desire to squeeze out every last bit of performance. And they would also have to maintain the drivers/compatibility lists since Intel and AMD aren't likely to do so. Either they limit such a feature to their high-end cards, or they permit it up and down the stack. Problem is they will probably pass on the testing/maintenance fees of such a feature into the card's MSRP; thus inflating it again.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'm thinking that people's concerns are over being encouraged (forced) to buy into the ecosystem to get these results or the GPU will be 2-13% slower (according to their slide, several percent on average). I know every company puts their best foot forward, however, it feels a bit misleading considering how few are actually running that setup. to me, as a current intel user (and not changing for years with the CPU I have), it's critical to see these results without SAM and where the cards stand.

Right now only, what...four mobos, work with it? Surely most will add support, but just in reality, an overwhelming majority of users are running Intel systems or X470 on down mobos, or would need to pay to upgrade to the 5000 series (sucks for those who bought Zen2).

Yep, SAM is definitely not a bloke to pre order thats for sure.

Several percent... not enough to ignore other featureset differences. But I reckon for many in honest comparison this synergy will just be coming on top of an already pretty neat combo to base a rig on. Kinda struggling to see why you'd ignore the new Ryzen gen, its matured enough now on pretty much all fronts. Even just the IPC uplift... wow.

Yep, SAM is definitely not a bloke to pre order thats for sure.

Several percent... not enough to ignore other featureset differences. But I reckon for many in honest comparison this synergy will just be coming on top of an already pretty neat combo to base a rig on. Kinda struggling to see why you'd ignore the new Ryzen gen, its matured enough now on pretty much all fronts. Even just the IPC uplift... wow.
I've got an i9-10980XE, previously a 7960x (see FS section, lol) for the cost of a 5950x... I'm not touching Zen3 with that monster. An upgrade from Zen2 to Zen3 doesn't make much financial sense to me (their prices are a lot higher this round), even with the performance boost in some games. I don't see why anyone would move from a 9900K or better to these outside of core count. Adoption to B550/X570/5000 series combos will be slow, IMO... a severe lack of supply isn't going to help at all. That said, I'm not ignoring it... just aware that those with 9900K+ or Zen2 owners likely won't be making this move anytime soon.

Also, we've seen a few notable teething issues, especially with memory. Updated BIOS' are coming in updating the AEGESA (not version, but patching) to resolve those issues. While normal, I'd say since these were available a few days ago, the teeting is just starting and this platform is nowhere near mature using the Ryzen new gen.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I've got an i9-10980XE, previously a 7960x (see FS section, lol) for the cost of a 5950x... I'm not touching Zen3 with that monster. An upgrade from Zen2 to Zen3 doesn't make much financial sense to me (their prices are a lot higher this round), even with the performance boost in some games. I don't see why anyone would move from a 9900K or better to these outside of core count. Adoption to B550/X570/5000 series combos will be slow, IMO... a severe lack of supply isn't going to help at all.

Also, we've seen a few notable teething issues, especially with memory. Updated BIOS' are coming in updating the AEGESA (not version, but patching) to resolve those issues. While normal, I'd say since these were available a few days ago, the teeting is just starting and this platform is nowhere near mature using the Ryzen new gen.

Sure but for the rest of us mortals...

I don't have any reason for an upgrade to this 8700K either, but if you're running anything lower clocked and earlier gen... I mean all those Kaby Lake and Skylake quads? Perfect jump for them.

Sure but for the rest of us mortals...

I don't have any reason for an upgrade to this 8700K either, but if you're running anything lower clocked and earlier gen... I mean all those Kaby Lake and Skylake quads? Perfect jump for them.
You did say why "I" ignore them... so...........yeah. :)

I discussed the 'rest of you mortals'. You took it another generation older not needing an upgrade, even... lol

I'll reiterate.... Those with a 9900K+ or Zen2 likely won't touch these... it just doesn't make sense. Anything before that, sure. That being said again, I still don't see adoption rates for the whole ecosystem taking shape for several months at least, likely a year+. These CPUs are less available than NV GPUs. Have you seen the emails from etailers touting availability of 2021 at the earliest? B&H said March, even. :(

What about those who held on to X470 for 5000 series support? They don't get these benes without buying a mobo now.

Again, all I am saying is that I'd really like to see performance running on an Intel system too so those, the majority, know how these will actually perform. :)

EDIT: I edited my previous post....note. :)

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX

I agree that it raises other issues, but given the fuckery nvidia have performed in regard to technology my point simply is: It is hard not to expect AMD to do the same. The thing is that this has not been done out of counter competitive efforts i would argue (even though it is portrayed as such and eventhough that an inconvinient sideeffect is). AMDs complete ecosystem is going to run on both consoles; systems that hunger for performance to meet an fps demand. AMD creating this optimization for sure makes nvidia and intel envious from top to bottom but I personally cant blame them for doing it (eventhough it effectively entrences the user to an AMD upgrade-plan. In short if the main goal is performance: okay; if the main purpose is entrencing; bummer, but kinda expected. (Again the first 99 example of precedent Nvidia have set through the years with technologies that have been locked only due to software constraints)

I agree that it raises other issues, but given the fuckery nvidia have performed in regard to technology my point simply is: It is hard not to expect AMD to do the same. The thing is that this has not been done out of counter competitive efforts i would argue (even though it is portrayed as such and eventhough that an inconvinient sideeffect is). AMDs complete ecosystem is going to run on both consoles; systems that hunger for performance to meet an fps demand. AMD creating this optimization for sure makes nvidia and intel envious from top to bottom but I personally cant blame them for doing it (eventhough it effectively entrences the user to an AMD upgrade-plan. In short if the main goal is performance: okay; if the main purpose is entrencing; bummer, but kinda expected. (Again the first 99 example of precedent Nvidia have set through the years with technologies that have been locked only due to software constraints)
Not sure what NV even has to do with this... or their 'fuckery'...w/e TF that means....feels like an oddly inserted poke...

Who portrays this as counter competitive efforts? Maybe some hardcore clueless fanboys...?

Consoles don't hunger for anything. It's a closed ecosytem that is easy to optimize for (think Apple).

Nvidia and Intel envious? lol... I doubt that.

So again......... I just want to see benchmarks that reflects what the MAJORITY of users will see. I want to see BOTH results so everyeone is aware of exactly how these cards perform on a SAM system and those without.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
The fact that millions of new builds are actually Ryzen this is fine. In the reviewer world it kind of sucks because it means more testing but don't think for a minute that there is not enough market penetration (world wide) for SAM to be popular with existing consumers. You can buy B550 boards for $99 US.

System Name The Banshee
Processor Ryzen 5 5600 @ 4.45GHz
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Plus
Memory 16GB 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16 1.35V
Video Card(s) RTX 3060M 6GB @ 1750-2000MHz Core / 1875MHz Mem
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 & 1TB Mass Storage HDD
Display(s) LG 25UM57-P @ 75Hz OC
Case Fractal Design Arc XL
Audio Device(s) ATH-M20x
Power Supply Evga SuperNova 1300 G2
Mouse Evga Torq X3
Keyboard Thermaltake Challenger
Software Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
It's for outdated GB4 benchmark:

RX 6800 XT

To compare with RTX 3080:

RTX 3080

GeForce is quite faster but again these are leaked results from God knows whom.
Not to mention Nvidia cards can utilize CUDA instead of OpenCL for a significant performance boost. And since a fair amount of programs support CUDA it doesn't make sense to compare both with OpenCL.

System Name N/A
Processor Intel Core i5 3570
Motherboard Gigabyte B75
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper TX3
Memory 12 GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060
Storage SSD
Display(s) Samsung 4K HDR 60 Hz TV
Case Eagle Warrior Gaming
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Coolermaster Elite 460W
Mouse Vorago KM500
Keyboard Vorago KM500
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores N/A
the system with RX 6800 GPU scored anywhere from 347137 points to 392643 points

The 392643 result belongs to the 6800XT not the 6800, look the picture @AleksandarK, so 3070 is faster than 6800 on this test

The fact that millions of new builds are actually Ryzen this is fine. In the reviewer world it kind of sucks because it means more testing but don't think for a minute that there is not enough market penetration (world wide) for SAM to be popular with existing consumers. You can buy B550 boards for $99 US.
Millions? Millions of PCs exist.. sure, but there are very few B550/X570/5000 series combos out. Also, getting a CPU, and apparently before 2021, also seems difficult. Additionally, (this second) only four boards support it (more/all in time, indeed). Penetration of B550/X570/5000 series I don't believe will be quick.

SAM being 'popular' or not has nothing to do with it if you don't have the hardware to implement in the first place. It can only become popular when people go balls deep into specific (chipset) boards and 5000 series CPU. Also, I don't want a $99 B550 board, lol.... but I get your point.

It's going to take more time than you think. ;)

Whoever is reviewing these things.......... just show BOTH results so ALL users have an accurate idea of performance.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
What I'm seeing is exactly what I'm expecting to see from the specs:

Vanilla 6800 scores 85% of the 6800XT with twelve fewer CUs.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Millions? Millions of PCs exist.. sure, but there are very few B550/X570/5000 series combos out. Also, getting a CPU, and apparently before 2021, also seems difficult. Additionally, (this second) only four boards support it (more/all in time, indeed). Penetration of B550/X570/5000 series I don't believe will be quick.

SAM being 'popular' or not has nothing to do with it if you don't have the hardware to implement in the first place. It can only become popular when people go balls deep into specific (chipset) boards and 5000 series CPU. Also, I don't want a $99 B550 board, lol.... but I get your point.

It's going to take more time than you think. ;)

Whoever is reviewing these things.......... just show BOTH results so ALL users have an accurate idea of performance.
I understand your sentiment but the 5000 series will sell like hotcakes. Watch the used market get flooded with 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gen CPUs. The reason I say this is the 5000 series are discernably faster than any AM4 CPU before it. I also feel the 5600X will suffer the same fate as the 3300x.

When you talk about GPUs the 6000 series is faster then any AMD card that has come before. That alone is an objective reason to get it. Then you add the hardware benefit (that is important) of SAM that works with X570 and B550 but it's not like it's going to go away so it's an innovation, is that not reason alone to buy if you are an enthusiast?

The motherboard is important because as I said you can get B550 boards for $99 US. The point though is that right now most X570 and some B550 boards are attractively priced here in Canada. If I had a B450 board right now I would definitely be looking at something like the MSI B550 Pro. Even though that board has a "weak" VRM compared to others I can't see a 5600x or 5800X based system drawing more than 120 Watts from the CPU.

The key for these systems though is having a high refresh rate (Freesync2) monitor to allow the system to show it's true potential. Trust me if a 5600x system (I am finding that out right now) is indeed discernably faster by 20+% than the 3600 (I am using a 5700)in Gaming it's Game over. The 5600X has already increased by $50 on Newegg.ca. The 5800X is $600+ here in Canada but no one would be disappointed replacing what they have with one ( 9 series excluded).

I understand your sentiment but the 5000 series will sell like hotcakes. Watch the used market get flooded with 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gen CPUs. The reason I say this is the 5000 series are discernably faster than any AM4 CPU before it. I also feel the 5600X will suffer the same fate as the 3300x.

When you talk about GPUs the 6000 series is faster then any AMD card that has come before. That alone is an objective reason to get it. Then you add the hardware benefit (that is important) of SAM that works with X570 and B550 but it's not like it's going to go away so it's an innovation, is that not reason alone to buy if you are an enthusiast?

The motherboard is important because as I said you can get B550 boards for $99 US. The point though is that right now most X570 and some B550 boards are attractively priced here in Canada. If I had a B450 board right now I would definitely be looking at something like the MSI B550 Pro. Even though that board has a "weak" VRM compared to others I can't see a 5600x or 5800X based system drawing more than 120 Watts from the CPU.

The key for these systems though is having a high refresh rate (Freesync2) monitor to allow the system to show it's true potential. Trust me if a 5600x system (I am finding that out right now) is indeed discernably faster by 20+% than the 3600 (I am using a 5700)in Gaming it's Game over. The 5600X has already increased by $50 on Newegg.ca. The 5800X is $600+ here in Canada but no one would be disappointed replacing what they have with one ( 9 series excluded).
I don't have the time RN to pick this, so we'll agree to disagree on the ramp up.

All I want is to see both systems tested so users have accurate performance results for their systems.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

I put this in the same group as Gameworks or hell RTX. It only ever works well on the highest models of NV cards. Which few people have. Is it annoying? Yes. Give me a brand you are not forced into buying the ecosystem. I suspect most of the people complaining about this are posting from iPhones.