• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Launches Riing Quad 120 mm and 140 mm RGB Radiator Fans with NeonMaker Light Editing Software at CES 2020

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Thermaltake, the leading premium brand of DIY PC components for Cooling, Gaming Gear and Enthusiast Memory solutions has announced Riing Quad 12 RGB Radiator Fan and Riing Quad 14 RGB Radiator Fan, the world's first 16.8 million 4-ring design radiator fan with 54 addressable RGB LEDs. Supports NeonMaker Light Editing Software and TT RGB PLUS Software, up to 20 of Riing Quad RGB Radiator Fan can be controlled at the same time.

The Riing Quad works with Amazon Alexa and can Sync with Razer Chroma Lighting as well as Thermaltake AI Voice Control. With a 9-Blade High-Airflow design, the Riing Quad utilizes 120 mm and 140 mm high-static pressure blade design, long-life hydraulic bearing and a PWM controlled motor to deliver remarkable acoustic and cooling performance to elevate the aesthetics of custom PC build.

The NeonMaker Light Editing Software is a new advanced approach for adjusting RGB colors and effects on Riing Quad and offers a 16.8 million color palette with a multifunction panel. It allows users to choose from over 200 different lighting effects and access to further customizable lighting options such as variation timelines and the direction of lighting cycles. Share the lighting profile with friends and allow them to merge multiple lighting effects into a single profile and modify the lighting timeline until they are satisfied with the order. All will drag and drop.

Combined the inner and outer light loops contain 54 LEDs, the Riing Quad can deliver detailed and colorful lighting effects that will impress from any angle. High-Airflow 9 Fan Blade allows stronger flow, while the hydraulic bearing provides a sustainable and silent operation. Using TT RGB PLUS Software, lighting schemes switch between 16 "Light Mode", Twinkle, Firefly, Heartbeat, Stack, Roundabout, Swirl, Copy Color, Full Lighted, Sound Control, Flow, RGB Spectrum, Ripple, Blink, Pulse, Wave, and Thermal, along with 3 "Color Modes", RGB, Single and Off, as well as 4 "Light Speeds", Slow, Normal, Fast and Extreme.

Thermaltake AI Voice Control allows users to control lights on Riing Quad easier and faster by talking to TT RGB PLUS App. Ask it to turn the lights on or off, switch lighting modes, dim the lights, change light colors, or adjust lights/fan speeds. The Riing Quad also works with Amazon Alexa Voice Service, allowing users to control the lights or fan speeds by talking to any Alexa-enabled devices, offering a visual cue of current weather conditions in your location or anywhere in the world. All you have to do is say "Alexa, tell Thermaltake," and the lighting color will change to match the weather condition. The Ring Quad can also connect to Razer Chroma products providing synchronized gaming and RGB lighting effects on any Riing Quad equipped gaming systems and Razer gaming gear when gamers install both TT RGB PLUS Software and Razer Synapse 3.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Definitely looks like a "Yo dawg..." meme if I ever saw one.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
These are really cool and I would enjoy having them, but in order to put 9x fans in my Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic, I'd have to spend $450, and that's ridiculous considering I'd be able to get the highest performing Noctua fans for less, so in the end I suppose I'd be paying for the "Neon" software since addressable LEDs are as cheap as dirt.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
These are really cool and I would enjoy having them, but in order to put 9x fans in my Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic, I'd have to spend $450, and that's ridiculous considering I'd be able to get the highest performing Noctua fans for less, so in the end I suppose I'd be paying for the "Neon" software since addressable LEDs are as cheap as dirt.

I hear you on that and that is why I use ARGB frames. I don't think they have 140MM ARGB frames yet but the 120MM variants are like $11.99 Canadian on Amazon. I paired them with some Arctic F12 fans for a PC I recently built and the customer was "blown away" by the looks. If you bought 2 F12 5 Packs for $80 and 10 frames at $11.99 each it would be a cool $200 Canadian to get that.

System Name The Mutt
Processor intel Core i5 10th gen. - $230.00
Motherboard Gigabyte z-490 Vision D - $264.00 at posting
Cooling MX1 plus Water block, P32-D5 Pump/reservoir, 2x 480 CLD Rad w/ 4 Thermaltake quad fans.
Memory G Skill Trident Z Royal 64GB (2x32GB) - $209.00 at posting
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super - $229.00 at posting
Storage Silicon Power 1TB M-2 - 94$ as of posting
Display(s) Vizio 65" 3-D, Sharp Aquos 65" , Samsung 65 UHD"
Case Thermaltake Core P7
Audio Device(s) Onkyo 7.1 Receiver TX-NR - 609 Focusrite 2i2 - $159.00
Power Supply Thermaltake iRGB 1000w
Mouse Red Dragon M801 Sniper Pro - $45.99
Keyboard lifeworks RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro - $19.00
Benchmark Scores alas, none....yet
Are there anything close to the quad as far as individual addressable lights?
I bought a 3 pack (crazy expensive) and also the sync controller to use with Fusion 2.0.
I found that pretty underwhelming and went to the original controller so I could try the neonmaker and RGB plus
software and I think that makes the difference. These quads have an almost day glo color to them when they 1st turn on.
I didn't like that the back of the ring is black so you don't see as much from behind the fan, but maybe it helps give a more
vivid color from the front. Really the best colors I have seen and the software is just sick, blows away anything I have seen.
Maybe I'm missing something - does anyone have a brand of ring fans that do what these quads do/ and look as good?

I have some 15$ per ring fans (Notos O120MM ring) that almost match up when using Fusion 2.0 or other simple RGB effects, but really no contest
once using the addressable abilities of RGB+ and neonmaker - I prefer the T.T.RGB plus for now because neonmaker is pretty difficult to start out with.

Amazing fans? What do you think are better fans?
TT quad 120mm.jpg

Last edited: