• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Brings DLSS Support To Four New Games

Artificial intelligence is revolutionizing gaming - from in-game physics and animation simulation, to real-time rendering and AI-assisted broadcasting features. And NVIDIA is at the forefront of this field, bringing gamers, scientists and creators incredible advancements. With Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS), NVIDIA set out to redefine real-time rendering through AI-based super resolution - rendering fewer pixels, then using AI to construct sharp, higher resolution images, giving gamers previously unheard-of performance gains.

Powered by dedicated AI processors on GeForce RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores, DLSS has accelerated performance in more than 25 games to date, boosting frame rates significantly, ensuring GeForce RTX gamers receive high-performance gameplay at the highest resolutions and detail settings, and when using immersive ray-traced effects. And now, NVIDIA has delivered four new DLSS titles for gamers to enjoy.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Activision's blockbuster launched November 13th with raytracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex, NVIDIA Ansel, and NVIDIA Highlights!

Raytracing introduced an extra level of visual refinement to the cinematic campaign and Multiplayer, with ray-traced shadows and ambient occlusion shading taking graphical fidelity to 11.

NVIDIA DLSS boosted frame rates by up to 85% at 4K on our range of GeForce RTX graphics cards, for the fastest, highest-fidelity Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War experience possible:

War Thunder

Gaijin Entertainment's War Thunder is an extremely popular free-to-play, cross-platform PvP game, dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Players use aircraft, attack helicopters, tanks and naval ships to compete in battle, and with the launch of the game's "New Power" update, these battles now look even better thanks to the addition of new and improved effects and features, detailed here.

Also included in the New Power update is NVIDIA DLSS, which accelerates performance in the game by up to 30% at 4K:

Enlisted

Darkflow Software's Enlisted is an online squad-based first person MMO shooter covering key battles from World War II, with ground forces, tanks, aircraft, and more. In recent days, the game has entered into Closed Beta, which you can participate in, and with that launch came the introduction of NVIDIA DLSS support, boosting frame rates by up to 55% at 4K:

Ready or Not

Void Interactive's Ready or Not is inspired by the classic S.W.A.T. games of old, giving you command of highly trained officers in single-player and multiplayer.

An ongoing alpha has received a new update, adding support for ray-traced reflections, ray-traced shadows, ray-traced ambient occlusion shading, and NVIDIA DLSS, which accelerates performance by up to 120% at 4K with the new ray-traced effects enabled:

There's Much More To Come

These titles join the ever-growing list of games enhanced with NVIDIA technology that makes the experiences of GeForce gamers even better. More integrations of NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and raytracing are in the works, including in the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
nice! but i dont have any of those titles :(

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I've never heard of any of these except Call of Duty.

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
DLSS 2.0 is great good but, industry wide solution is needed, paying small size devs to support it for the sake of marketing numbers of adoption is meh.

Last edited:
System Name Gaming PC / I7 XEON
Processor I7 4790K @stock / XEON W3680 @ stock
Motherboard Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / GIGABYTE X58 UD7
Cooling X61 Kraken / X61 Kraken
Memory 32gb Vengeance 2133 Mhz / 24b Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward GLH 1080 / MSI Gaming X Radeon RX480 8 GB
Storage Samsung EVO 850 500gb ,3 tb seagate, 2 samsung 1tb in raid 0 / Kingdian 240 gb, megaraid SAS 9341-8
Display(s) 2 BENQ 27" GL2706PQ / Dell UP2716D LCD Monitor 27 "
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T / Corsair Obsidian 750 D
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD / ON BOARD
Power Supply Sapphire Pure 950w / Corsair RMI 750w
Mouse Steelseries Sesnsei / Steelseries Sensei raw
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma / Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 1064bit PRO / Windows 1064bit PRO
25 titles wow
hope they put them in the tests bench :roll:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I thought this DLSS magic was going to automagically machine-learn itself to heaven, but it seems to just require a lot of coaching. Every time.

This tech is dead in the water if its per-title and going to stay that way.

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
"3840x2160"

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Only interesting title there is War Thunder.
Nobody cares about Treyarch's one step backwards cod.
I'll reserve my judgement until Enlisted releases but Russki devs can't seem to retain playerbase for their fps games. I was really surprised Escape From Tarkov even became so popular with the devs being garbage but I have to admit they brought something unique to the table at that time.
Ready Or Not was off to a good start but then they fucked up trying to split resources between PvE and PvP. But I'll still reserve my judgement until it actually releases.

I thought this DLSS magic was going to automagically machine-learn itself to heaven, but it seems to just require a lot of coaching. Every time.

I was with this impression as well when they said they are leveraging Tensor cores to perform this upscale. But turns out it still requires substantial work on the developers side to get it to work and work properly. The quality for DLSS 2.0 is good, but it will be an uphill task to get more games on it if Nvidia don't actively work with each game developer.

DLSS 2.0 is great but, industry wide solution is needed, paying small size devs to support it for the sake of marketing numbers of adoption is meh.
I feel Nvidia is now in a panic mode. I am not sure if RDNA2 is really going to be a big threat to them, but we will find out today. They are in panic mode because the only main performance technology standing between them and AMD is DLSS. Which I feel is the reason for the sudden increase in number of DLSS titles.

System Name Little Girl
Processor Intel Q9650 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte x48 DQ6
Cooling liquid cooling
Memory 4gb (2x2) OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD6950 unlock to Asus 6970 specs
Storage Crucial CT128M225 128gb SSD
Display(s) Acer 27" LCD @ 2048x1152
Case DIY (spit & glue, ducktape, cardboard)
Audio Device(s) On-board HD Audio
Power Supply ABS Tagan 850w
Software Win7 64bit
Is it available now already? New driver? What's going on?

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I was with this impression as well when they said they are leveraging Tensor cores to perform this upscale. But turns out it still requires substantial work on the developers side to get it to work and work properly. The quality for DLSS 2.0 is good, but it will be an uphill task to get more games on it if Nvidia don't actively work with each game developer.

I feel Nvidia is now in a panic mode. I am not sure if RDNA2 is really going to be a big threat to them, but we will find out today. They are in panic mode because the only main performance technology standing between them and AMD is DLSS. Which I feel is the reason for the sudden increase in number of DLSS titles.
It's not panic it's just one upping AMD by showing that they still have solution that can nearly double the performance.
Sure, number of games is low but hey, it's better than it was.
Problem is that AMD is planning to introduce something similar to dlss that doesn't require training on supercomputer.
Just give us proper checkerboard rendering with nice TAA and we'll be set.

Processor Intel I7 6700
Motherboard Msi Z170i Pro Gaming AC
Cooling Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
Memory Corsair LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980ti Extreme Gaming W3
Storage Samsung Evo 850 500GB + 250GB
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Case Ncase M1
Power Supply Sharkoon Silentstorm SFX
Mouse Logitech MX Master, Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Corsair K65RGB
Software Win 10
It's not panic it's just one upping AMD by showing that they still have solution that can nearly double the performance.
Sure, number of games is low but hey, it's better than it was.
Problem is that AMD is planning to introduce something similar to dlss that doesn't require training on supercomputer.
Just give us proper checkerboard rendering with nice TAA and we'll be set.

On 4k and on 25 games. Most people don't game on 4k, so this is not that relevant.

Cool tech though

vctr

DLSS 2.0 is not that hard to implement now, the hard thing is training the AI for that game, which Nvidia does the job for it, nvidia works close to the dev team when implementing DLSS, also, if your game uses TAA, you're more than half way implementing DLSS, as TAA and DLSS share many libraries, DLSS is an impressive technology that should be implemented in a lot more games.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
DLSS 2.0 is not that hard to implement now, the hard thing is training the AI for that game, which Nvidia does the job for it, nvidia works close to the dev team when implementing DLSS, also, if your game uses TAA, you're more than half way implementing DLSS, as TAA and DLSS share many libraries, DLSS is an impressive technology that should be implemented in a lot more games.

Right so it should be integrated into a standard dev pipeline, not some proprietary shit. We know where the latter goes eventually.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
"Performance mode" is an euphemism for 1080p => 4k upscaling, right? :D

What a wonderful technology, it "boosts fps" so impressively... :peace:

DLSS 2.0 is not that hard to implement now, the hard thing is training the AI for that game,

DLSS FUD is amazingly rampant even by low green standards.
Hint: there is no per game training for DLSS 2.0 (which is just a TAA derivative)

PS
Oh boy, a newly registered nick hypes green tech, how unusual... ;)

Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
this is something nvidia will not understand, for a pc gamer the intersect of titles played and titles that have dlss enabled is low and certainly enough so not to bother after their overpriced hardware enabled proprietary technology cards

vctr

"Performance mode" is an euphemism for 1080p => 4k upscaling, right? :D

What a wonderful technology, it "boosts fps" so impressively... :peace:

DLSS FUD is amazingly rampant even by low green standards.
Hint: there is no per game training for DLSS 2.0 (which is just a TAA derivative)

PS
Oh boy, a newly registered nick hypes green tech, how unusual... ;)
For your info, I'm not an nvidia fanboy, supporting X company to death is stupid, as for them, we are all numbers, I'm pretty hyped to see the RX6000 series reviews coming out today, all this new hardware gets me very hyped.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
This reminds me of Physx. That had so much mind share that people would keep their old Nvidia card just so that you could see it in Batman Arkham City and a few other AAA titles. If AMD's SAM does the same thing by default there is nothing Nvidia can do with DLSS to respond. That is probably why they announced they are making their own version of SAM.

Yeah, pretty much... Supercomputers and AI are nice buzzwords, but scaling of bitmaps on fixed-grid screen is... very time consuming.

One solution that works very well (and which I used and can recommend) is Topaz Gigascale - it does exactly what is needed for scaling purposes (admittingly, not caring or being restricted to screen resolution) - it was also 'trained' on huge number of (different) pictures, and during scaling it actually *adds* certain picture elements, achieving very good and believable results. There are other products, some of them web-based.

Thing is, processing a single picture lasts very long. They have Video Enchantment AI (for somewhat more money), but it's very far away from per-frame usability.

Very similar to implementation of ray-tracing (highly selective), they basically did what they *could* have, with today's technology.

I don't have a problem with implementation - what bothers me is mainly that people are lead to believe that they're getting full ray-tracing technology with general upscaling AI algorithm.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Not really. AMD has an equivalent feature that works like the DLSS.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Not really. AMD has an equivalent feature that works like the DLSS.
Equivalent and has are strong words considering we've seen nothing, only heard about it. At this stage it's more appropriate to refer to them as functionally alike and imminent.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

This is worded weirdly, indeed.
DLSS 1.0 required per-title training. DLSS 2.0 does away with that and only requires the game to implement the DLSS API instead (doesn't mean DLSS cannot be trained to look better afterwards, but it's not a blocker anymore).
So I really don't understand why the news says "Nvidia brings DLSS to..." when it's actually the game devs that did.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
On 4k and on 25 games. Most people don't game on 4k, so this is not that relevant.

Cool tech though
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can also enable it for 1080p and 1440p. If that's the case it IS relevant.