• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Expands its Kraken AIO Liquid CPU Cooler Line

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NZXT, a leading designer of intuitive software, hardware, and services for the PC gaming community, today announces an expansion of the Kraken X-3 RGB and Kraken Z53 expanding their existing line of AIO liquid CPU coolers. The NZXT Kraken X-3 family will introduce a new variant that will include NZXT AER RGB 2 fans for builders wanting to maximize RGB in their build. The Kraken X-3 series includes the improved iconic RGB infinity mirror design with an enlarged ring size. The cap is upgraded to be rotatable to ensure the correct orientation of the NZXT logo, accommodating more builders. With the newest 7th generation pump for Asetek, the Kraken X-3 RGB series has industry-leading cooling performance for your CPU.

The NZXT Kraken Z-3 series will now include the NZXT Kraken Z53 240 mm AIO in addition to the previously released 280 mm and 360 mm options. The NZXT Kraken Z-3 series is the perfect addition to any gaming battlestation. A beautiful 2.36"(60 mm) LCD screen provides unlimited visual customization, and is capable of displaying vital system health data as well as any custom image or animated GIF via NZXT CAM. With unparalleled aesthetics and performance, the Kraken Z-3 series is built with the 7th generation Asetek pump and provides builders the opportunity to express themselves in an all-new way while keeping their CPU temps cool.

Both the Kraken X-3 and Z-3 series are compatible with mainstream CPU sockets, such as Intel's LGA 1200 and AMD's AM4 giving builders access to high-performance cooling no matter which platform they choose.

"Our goal has always been to simplify the build experience," says Johnny Hou, founder and CEO of NZXT. " We are giving people more options when they are building a computer. Whether it is the option to add more RGB to a build, wanting to display custom images or NZXT CAM data on their Kraken, we got you covered."

Kraken X-3 RGB Series Exclusive Features
Vivid and Silent: Dramatic lighting effects complement your system with the addition of included Aer RGB 2 fans. Fans feature a winglet-tip fan blade design producing optimal airflow while keeping the fans as quiet as possible. Fluid dynamic bearings in every fan provide long-lasting, near-silent operation.

Kraken Z-3 Series Exclusive: With a bright, 2.36" LCD screen capable of displaying 24-bit color, you can now completely customize the look of your CPU cooler. Whether it's a funny GIF or CAM data, you can use your Kraken to express yourself in an exciting new way.

Features found in both the Kraken X-3 and Kraken Z-3 Series
Stay in Control: CAM's elegant, user-friendly software makes you the master of your PC. With simple-to-use, intuitive controls, you can manage your Kraken's performance and appearance with ease.

Simple Installation: Fine nylon mesh sleeves strengthen the rubber tubing, providing durability and protection against mishandling. The pump can be rotated or placed to fit the needs of your motherboard without affecting the direction of the logo or image.

Additional Features
  • Install your pump in any direction to avoid conflicts with memory slots by rotating the Kraken X-3's NZXT logo or placing the Kraken Z-3's screen in the proper orientation.
  • Includes an NZXT RGB connector to power NZXT RGB lighting accessories, including Aer RGB 2 fans
  • 7th generation pump from Asetek, providing better cooling and whisper-quiet performance at 800 RPM
  • Improved synchronization of lighting modes across other NZXT RGB accessories
  • NZXT CAM-controlled pump and lighting effects
  • Easier installation with reinforced extended tubing (400 mm)
MSRP Pricing
Kraken X-3 RGB Series
  • Kraken X53 RGB (240 mm AIO cooler): $159.99 USD
  • Kraken X63 RGB (280 mm AIO cooler): $179.99 USD
  • Kraken X73 RGB (360 mm AIO cooler): $219.99 USD
Kraken Z-3 Series
  • Kraken Z53 (240 mm AIO cooler): $229.99 USD
Available Now in the US from NZXT.com, and rest of the world generally.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Are these suitable for their G12 GPU bracket?

System Name Main Gaming Rig
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 Rev2 in Pull Config & 3 Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 fans
Memory 2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
Storage 2 x 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus nVme SSD's & Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001
Display(s) Asus ROG PG279Q 27" 16:9 2560x1440 144/165Hz & Asus PB278Q 27” 16:9 2560x1440
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Tempered Glass USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
They ask premium price, but their pump is noisy.
I don't get this. So I've had 3 Kraken line AIO's in different machines and all have been dead silent.

System Name /
Processor 5900X
Motherboard Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro Wi-Fi
Cooling EK FLT240; EK Supremacy Evo; EK 360PE Rad; 3xNF-P12redux 1700PWM push & 3xNF-P12redux 1300PWM pull
Memory 2 x 16GB DDR4 3600 CL16 Corsair Vengeance Samsung B-die
Video Card(s) 3070 Founders Edition
Storage Patriot VP 4100 1TB
Display(s) Eve Spectrum 4k 144Hz matte
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1200 + Logitech Z5500
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
VR HMD /
Software Win11 Pro
Are these suitable for their G12 GPU bracket?
They should be compatible with the G12. Any AIO with the standard (round) Asetek mounting will fit the G12, even if that particular AIO isn't listed on the G12 support list, since NZXT seems to no longer care about keeping the list updated.
I mounted a first gen AC Liquid Freezer 240 onto the G12 and it worked. Just had to loosen the screws on the AIO pump base a little until I fit the G12 onto it and then retighten those screws back with the AIO attached.

Their pump is actually great, after all it is all asetek. never had a problem with it. But I still prefer air cooling solution for peace of mind and longetivity purposes. besides it is very handy to have one always around for emergency situations.

I don't get this. So I've had 3 Kraken line AIO's in different machines and all have been dead silent.

i have the 2nd X53 and also noisy. Not as much as the first, because this at 20% fan speed can run silent. Above noisy and many people are complaining.

System Name Prometheus
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
Cooling EKWB EK-240 AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070Ti Ventus 3X OC 12GB
Storage WD Black SN850 1TB + 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Display(s) DELL U4320Q 4K + Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 4K
Case Jonsbo A4 ver1.1 SFF
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX
Mouse Logitech Pro Wireless
Keyboard Vortex Race 3 75% MX Brown
Software Windows 11 Pro x64

The Kraken that came with my NZXT H1 has a terrible high pitched pump whine, very loud and with just the right frequency to induce the worst headaches. Worst experience ever. I will return it and never touch an NZXT product ever again.