• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
note to Alan F.

Nahimic 3 UWP app recently updated to version 1.5.1 from MS Store

read this post in NotebookReview forums that Nahimic 3 v1.5.1 app works with older systems that have less than 8th gen Intel systems

aww crap :mad: - I take this back
this new 1.5.1.0 version of the Nahimic3 uwp app from MS store does not seem to work for some people (at least one person confirmed that in this ASRock forum thread) when using recent modded driver versions.

however, it may work with older modded driver versions like 6.0.8960.1

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.9050.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP VERSION UPDATED

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Hello fine audio lovers! Welcome to all the new people. Lots of success stories here. If you are frustrated it's OK we have all been there trying to fix issues with Windows audio seemingly having a mind of its own. Things take even longer if you get upset or impatient with yourself or others. Chances are its not your fault its windows and its going to happen again so might as well gets good it. I am running the older driver package for a motherboard that is over 8 years old and isn't even supported my Windows 10. Asus launched it in 2012 (P9X79 LE) released last bios is 2014 and sunset support in 2016. I think its wrong that Asus doesn't work with Realtek to provide ongoing drivers support for the current operating system. When I found the whole thread I just wanted sound but slowly it kept getting better until he released the SPDIF patch and I don't know how the ALC892 codec works or compares to newer software but optical out to a home receiver has never sounded better.

Right now I am using the standard (older package) to play music via optical out back panel to a Sony receiver and Sony 5.1 micro speakers system. The only driver suite or third party app I use at the moment is Dolby Atmos which does improve sound but its not as effective for playing FPS games as Soundblaster 720 which really gives you better sense of positioning and you can hear what direction footsteps are coming from. I use Hyper-X Cloud Stinger ($50) headset. But the Creative drivers never stick and I would rather have stability. I am on this install for at least a months and surrvived windows updates. It is gratifying fixing this yourself and people will help you there are a couple important things to know first.

1) This is the internet and you should never trust anything anyone says on face value especially when it involves installing system level drivers. Triple check stuff. Do actual research and maybe take notes. There is a method to solving driver woes and its3 super important to take all the steps, in the right order. I make checklists of the order of each step and keep a copy of my motherboard manual on a tablet so I can read offline especially since you have have to reboot. You may need to learn about the bios to do this and it is important to not create an even bigger problem for yourself.

2) Take ownership of your hardware. Do some research and plenty of boolean searches for terms related to the problem as well as what you want to do. I am still learning all the time. Landing in a public forum and asking for help can be weird but Alan is doing great work. The more information you have the better your questions are and more likely someone will help. Covid is making people extra stressed so just remember to be nice. Listening to music is very therapeutic. I know there are a lot of non-PC 3factors that can be in play, especially if you are connected to un-grounded power or haven't checked cables etc.

3) DIY rules! If Realtek will not provide functional drivers for Windows 10 I believe we all have a right to use custom homebrew packages even if they aren't signed as long as you know the risks. Before you do anything learn about system restore and backup. If you aren't familiar with the sound control panel, device manager, uninstalling apps and programs or editing the registry you should start there before changing anything. Most companies pressure customers to buy new systems and upgrade unnecessarily when the hardware is fine, The problem is something related to the software configuration. A trend I see at places like Dell or stores like Best Buy is terrible support and instead of actually troubleshooting they are aalso steering people into buying things they do not need. Read the manuals, ask questions and be cool here. If you reach musical bliss or whatever you came looking for then pass it on. I had no idea my music could sound this good and none of that credit can go to anyone but Alan.

Other tools: DDU is awesome and now support uninstalling both Soundblaster and Realtek drivers from your system. I was having issues after I have a AMD GPU die and installed nvidia as both have native sound drivers. Removing everything and starting fresh is the only way I have had reliable results but everyone has different configurations. I used to use CCleaners for registry stuff but now I just follow the instruction and use DDU or manually uninstall drivers and devices. I avoid installing any other apps like DTS through the store if you are using this package they are not interchangeable that way. I mention it because it seems to a common misconception.

Last thing: Alan has done this on his own and as far as I know doesn't have a Patreon page or other way for people who do use this to show their support. I was kind of hoping that might happen. I really appreciate it and want to show support.

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Dear TechPowerUp colleagues.

I also decided to receive donations via Paypal to help with the project's continuation through a donation button.

You can voluntarily help the project with any value.

In case this action hurts or contradicts the forum rules, the moderators can send me a private message and I will immediately remove the button and everything related and transfer it to another platform.

I appreciate everyone's understanding.

DrSlump76

Hi,
i landend here because i was searching for a method to enable dts connect or ddl on my windows 10 pc to enable multichannel audio during gaming via spdif connection.
My motherboard is an Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Impact, with SupremeFX S1220 and SABRE9023P audio chipset.
DTS seems to work fine and, finally, i can enjoy multichannell gaming on my pc, but i've lost analog audio output that's seems ok in control panel but there is no audio from analog jack output.
May you help me?

Thankyou very much.

aloeh

Hi guys,

I'm trying use this drivers to enable eax to play old games like baldurs gate, but don't work.

I installed the 2 versions (the active and the discontinued one), and the alchemy and OpenAl modules of OP site's folder (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3es3rafr3d2hi/Audio#w2xow3nb1a202).

But still dont work.

Any advice?

My chipset is an ALC1150.
2020-11-24 (1).png

rid

I need a piece of advice. If I'm on 1090 OS, should I install the latest version or rather stick with an older one? If so, which one. Cheers.

ivicask

Is there a version with working 5.1 over SPDIF/DIGITAL?I even tried older versions someone suggested still not working! Its not even about upmixing content, but its completely not working even in movies winch have 5.1 /7.1 sound.I found random driver on net(Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.8924.1 WHQL with DTS-NEO & DOLBY) which enables Dolby 5.1 with upmixing stereo and works fine on my new b550 MBO, but this mod just doesnt, cant author acknowledge this problem already and help us find solution ? @Alan Finote

Last edited:

kenjo

So I'm still having problems understanding how audio under windows works.

what I want is for a program that runs to see 6 channel audio. 3 front 2 back and 1 sub. basically 5.1 audio.
But i want to use the optical toslink (s/pdif) to an external decoder.

I have been running like that for years in both windows and linux. but the windows disk broke and the new installation has never worked. All I get is 2 pcm audio channels and the possibility to send already encoded 5.1 audio over the link. But no game or any other program ever gets more than 2 channels this way.

so is there a way to make this happen?? and also is there a simple test program that works the same way as the sound settings where you can make test sound over the speaker you select ?? the configure button is always grayed out so I can never test with the built in function.

the DTS interactive and dolby live shit is just a way to take the 2 channel PCM and upscale it to 5.1 but that is crap and not what I want.

not what I want.png

artur_k

Is there a version with working 5.1 over SPDIF/DIGITAL?I even tried older versions someone suggested still not working! Its not even about upxmiing content, but its completely not working even in movies winch have 5.1 /7.1 sound.I found random driver on net(Realtek HD Audio Drivers 6.0.8924.1 WHQL with DTS-NEO & DOLBY) which enables Dolby 5.1 with upmixing stereo and works fine on my new b550 MBO, but this mod just doesnt, cant author acknowledge this problem already and help us find solution ? @Alan Finote

Can you share the link? AAF package isn't working for me either...

artur_k

U can find it on https://softoteka.blogspot.com/, btw if installer doesn't want to install driver, just manually install it from device manager works fine for me.

Yup, that worked straight away.

I think @Alan Finote needs to test his packages on fresh system as something clearly isn't working when installing his driver packs.
I'd be very happy to donate too if this driver pack worked.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
So I'm still having problems understanding how audio under windows works.

what I want is for a program that runs to see 6 channel audio. 3 front 2 back and 1 sub. basically 5.1 audio.
But i want to use the optical toslink (s/pdif) to an external decoder.

I have been running like that for years in both windows and linux. but the windows disk broke and the new installation has never worked. All I get is 2 pcm audio channels and the possibility to send already encoded 5.1 audio over the link. But no game or any other program ever gets more than 2 channels this way.

so is there a way to make this happen?? and also is there a simple test program that works the same way as the sound settings where you can make test sound over the speaker you select ?? the configure button is always grayed out so I can never test with the built in function.

the DTS interactive and dolby live shit is just a way to take the 2 channel PCM and upscale it to 5.1 but that is crap and not what I want.

View attachment 176939
This situation is the same, even with licensed devices, and with Creative devices with ability to use DDL/DTS connect.
Applications that determine output signal via WASAPI do detect that there is 6 channels that are present. Most modern apps can detect it properly.
For the rest you will need to search for option for multichannel. If you get to set it there, the game will output discrete 6 channel.

If you cannot force 5.1 mode, you will need a workaround.
On creative devices, the native 5.1 output can be used to tell apps that there is a real 5.1 device, and thus send 5.1 signals. The signal is then looped back to the SPDIF out.
1606324169408.png

Such an option is not available on Realtek devices, but you can get such a feature by following these instructions:
  1. Disable all sound output devices, except SPDIF, this will ease setup later.
  2. Go to fxsound.com and download the audio enhancement software. We do not need the enhancement feature, so no need to register or anything.
  3. Open the app and check whether the SPDIF out is being selected as output device.
  4. Go to sound control panel and configure the DFX Speakers output; this is part of the audio enhancement; set it as 5.1. You can also do a test of each speakers while there. Do remember to disable the enhancer; the enhancer is crap.
  5. Now use that for games which do not behave;now they should properly detect 5.1; the DFX speakers will act as a proxy to those apps.
This solution can cause latencies up to 1/2 seconds, check if you can manage with that.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
let's see if AAF can produce a modded 6.0.9066.1 driver since ASRock recently released a 9066 UAD driver version on their web site.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.9066.1
DOLBY ATMOS SOFTWARE COMPONENT UPDATED

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

Special thanks to @erpguy53

ENJOY!!!

slayer23

Thanks for your efforts and amazing work Alan. In the last few releases including the 6.0.9066.1, sound blaster doesn't detect my device. Also, nahimic doesn't get installed when selected

Bradden

I seem unable to update beyond 6.0.9045.1. I select the Realtek Audio Console UWP with Native support and dolby atmos only. It all seems to install ok but after reboot there is no atmos installed.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Last edited:
You can try executing it with the KGA config file on the first thread page. Then reboot. I managed to do it on the HDA panel version. Either for the Audio Consule panel installation. Hope that too can be resolved. :)

Make sure after rebooting the device, the internet connection has been connected. Because I noticed, initially after executing the KGA Config file, I thought it didn't work, then I checked on MS.Store and it turns out, the installation process is carried out from there. It takes time to wait for the reinstallation process from MS.Store. Good luck.

Hi everybody, first of all, thanks for your great work Alan, second I want to ask if anyone has tested this last version to get pcm 5.1 and dts audio as long as the only version that works correctly is the 8996

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Any issues yet with 20H2 that requires microsoft signed drivers ?

slayer23

Not succesful with KGA no matter how much time i wait, did you get it to work for any of the recent versions of the audio driver ?
Otherwise, 5.1 audio is broken on this version as well, audio only coming out of the front speakers.