• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Have you tried the Dolby Atmos from APO Driver 2.8.5, how is the sound?
no i didnt try and i wont.. cause my pc have maxxaudio chip , maxxaudio sound better then dolby dts sound (modified) .. i try aaf (alan finote) also but no luck

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Does anyone have instruction on how to install DTS X Ultra? Please help.

DTS X Ultra only works on few select supported systems (the dtsx ultra app has certain and ID checks)

Yeah I am going have to agree there. Because Dolby Atmos was working perfectly in APO driver 2.7.7 with(xml 3.2.0 and xml 3.3.0 configurations in Fxconfigurator). Sound works perfectly fine here for Dolby Atmos. Even works with the newer xml presets.

APO Drivers after 2.7.7 have those xml 3.20 and 3.3.0 configurations were removed(sound doesn't work for Dolby Atmos anymore). Doesn't work at all with any xml presets.

Ever since alan removed those configs for xml 3.2.0 and 3.3.0 the sound hasn't been the same or worked at all

@alanfox2000

I ended up using this guy's Dolby Amos drivers which have pretty good XML preset files even though his drivers are not up to date.
I use his Dolby XML preset files which seem to better than what alanfox2000 have.

it was a mistake for alanfox2000 to remove those dolby xml config files in newer APO driver versions.
he should restore them

Nahimic 3 uwp app recently updated to 1.5.2.0 from MS store
note - the 1.5.x versions of Nahimic 3 app do not work with alanfox2000's recent APO driver packages and may display "not compatible" message. seems the Nahimic creator put restrictions in the 1.5.x versions of the app and only work with "supported" MSI/ASRock/Gigabyte systems and not with others. I'll stay with using either v1.4.14 or v1.4.15 of the Nahimic 3 app and not update to any of the 1.5.x or higher versions.

it looks like the recent Nahimic 3 uwp app versions like 1.5.1.0 & 1.5.2.0 require the PKEY_VENDORNAME & VENDORNAME registry entries which are only found in the newest AVoluteNH3Ext.inf file from MSI's recent Realtek UAD/DCH audio drivers.
PKEY_VENDORNAME is defined as "{3B454CDE-1938-473F-9DBF-5D6A56332FB5},0" in the [Strings] section.
One valid VENDORNAME entry could be "MSI" (this should never be blank like "" - otherwise Nahimic3 v1.5.x will say "not compatible" if it can't find a valid VENDORNAME entry)

Last edited:
I ended up using this guy's Dolby Amos drivers which have pretty good XML preset files even though his drivers are not up to date.
I use his Dolby XML preset files which seem to better than what alanfox2000 have.

it was a mistake for alanfox2000 to remove those dolby xml config files in newer APO driver versions.
he should restore them

I have used his mod in past, It was a good one. It's just that he hasn't updated it in a while or active with it anymore sadly.

When @alanfox2000 had the XML config files for Fxconfigurator in APO driver, sound effect was working when those were for being used to apply. Now with the new APO wrapper, no wrapper, and no wrapper gaming the sound effect doesn't work no matter if you do the install it properly, no matter what input type of sound system use you use(3.5mm, HDMI).

Last edited:
I have used his mod in past, It was a good one. It's just that he hasn't updated it in a while or active with it anymore sadly.

When @alanfox2000 had the XML config files for Fxconfigurator in APO driver, sound effect was working when those were for being used to apply. Now with the new APO wrapper, no wrapper, and no wrapper gaming the sound effect doesn't work no matter if you do the install it properly, no matter what input type of sound system use you use(3.5mm, HDMI).

Added Tune V2 and DAPv251-VLLDP120. Cannot fix any more if don't work on your PC.

explorer_6sHRZx081v.png

explorer_shHd3jBRbO.png

Unable to test sound sharing as I don't have bluetooth headphones.
ApplicationFrameHost_wYWMBYUIPh.png

Dolby has sound mirror feature when I hex view, Idk how to enable. New version has Audio mirroring APO Dax3Ref.dll

HxD64_3drHBV7lmq.png

baribal

Added Tune V2 and DAPv251-VLLDP120. Cannot fix any more if don't work on your PC.

Unfortunately for me doesn't work still. :( I tried both types of xmls vlldp and vlldp120 as well as tuned and untuned versions and applied vlldp and vlldp120 in the product config tool accordingly. No sound effects are working, even turning off/on in UWP doesn't make any changes to sound and its volume level. The only xml which is still working for me with the latest APO 2.8.6 is attached (I took it from some test configs archive you attached earlier in the thread). But I don't like this config at all - sound in movies/dynamic preset is not crisp in movies and dull.

Attachments

• DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming.zip
    13 KB · Views: 208
Unfortunately for me doesn't work still. :( I tried both types of xmls vlldp and vlldp120 as well as tuned and untuned versions and applied vlldp and vlldp120 in the product config tool accordingly. No sound effects are working, even turning off/on in UWP doesn't make any changes to sound and its volume level. The only xml which is still working for me with the latest APO 2.8.6 is attached (I took it from some test configs archive you attached earlier in the thread). But I don't like this config at all - sound in movies/dynamic preset is not crisp in movies and dull.
It doesn't work for me either. At all

Maximino

I have a problem I can't solve, I really hope someone can help me.
I can't instal any apo driver (latest Windows 10 x64) as the installer says I already have the driver installed (and that I need to uninstall older drivers first).
I installed apo drivers in the past but I already removed them a long time ago, so I have no uninstall option in the control panel. I have no way to uninstall previous drivers, I don't know why a get the error and I can't get past it.
Is there's a way to fix the problem and install apo drivers again?
Thanks for the help.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (H²O)
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling NZXT X61 + 2x PH-F140XP | NZXT X41 + PH-F140XP
Memory G.Skill 32 GiB DDR4@3600 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT (H²O)
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB, SEC 970 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GL750-B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Audio Device(s) ALC1220, DT 770 Pro, UR44
Power Supply BeQuiet! SP E10 700W
Mouse EndgameGear XM1
Keyboard Cherry RS 6000M
Software EndeavourOS | Pop!_OS | Win10
You could try DriverStoreExplorer, CCleaner further Bulk Crap or Revo Uninstaller, if you don't find it in the apps menu of windows 10.
Be carefull not to delete something important other.

Maximino

You could try DriverStoreExplorer, CCleaner further Bulk Crap or Revo Uninstaller, if you don't find it in the apps menu of windows 10.
Be carefull not to delete something important other.
Thanks for the suggestions, I solved the problem!

For those interested, I imported the install registry entry taken from another PC.
[That was mandatory as I had no registry entry, but I the rest of the files. I guess I never uninstalled the APO driver but for some reason the registry entry disappeared after many Windows patches.]
Then I used BCU to both "manually" and "Msi Exe" uninstall the Apo Driver (I added the registry entry 2 times, manual uninstall wasn't enough).
That was the only way, all the other programs/tries failed.

Here's the reg file for those who encounter the same problem and don't have a second PC (just create a .reg file)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\APO Driver 2.8.5]
"DisplayName"="APO Driver"
"Contact"=""
"UninstallPath"="C:\\ProgramData\\Caphyon\\Advanced Installer\\{DD1A2E9F-9E95-4E5E-8AEF-19D1F40843AC}\\apo_driver_setup_x64.exe /i {DD1A2E9F-9E95-4E5E-8AEF-19D1F40843AC} AI_UNINSTALLER_CTP=1"
"Comments"="This installer database contains the logic and data required to install APO Driver."
"EstimatedSize"=dword:00005847
"HelpLink"="http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\APO Driver\\"
"DisplayIcon"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Installer\\{DD1A2E9F-9E95-4E5E-8AEF-19D1F40843AC}\\installer_icon.exe"
"DisplayVersion"="2.8.5"
"VersionMinor"=dword:00000002
"HelpTelephone"=""
"URLUpdateInfo"="http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com"
"URLInfoAbout"="http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com"
"Publisher"="PureSoftApps"
"Readme"=""
"UninstallString"="C:\\ProgramData\\Caphyon\\Advanced Installer\\{DD1A2E9F-9E95-4E5E-8AEF-19D1F40843AC}\\apo_driver_setup_x64.exe /i {DD1A2E9F-9E95-4E5E-8AEF-19D1F40843AC} AI_UNINSTALLER_CTP=1"
"VersionMajor"=dword:00000002

I got spatial DTS:X working on my Nvidia 2080 Ti RTX with HDMI out to an LG TV, with 1.3.38.34 drivers, signed 2020-08-12 and APO 2.8.4 - but now it won't work.
Does anyone have a solution? :)

Maybe because I'm now on 20H2?
What is happening to the internet?
Google is just filled with spam,
you can barely find anything modded these days.
It's all getting locked up like a modern car engine.

On my Windows 10 version with DTS X as spatial sound working, this is the LG TV property tab. It has the 3 last encoders enabled that does not exist in the 20H2 version. How did I get these?

Alright, now I'm one step closer. With Windows own HD Audio drivers I get the same encode formats.
But no DTS:X in spatial.

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_093023~2.jpg
    IMG_20201217_093023~2.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 136
Look, I managed to get a print screen before the driver "reloaded itself" and thus the DTS:X Ultra option disappears.
Limbo..

Does anyone have an older version of DTS Sound Unbound (appx) lying around?
Or 8911.1_HDA_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_20H1_x64_WHQL_Update_zip by Alanfox2000?

And I forgot, also looking for APO Driver 2.7.7 - 2.8.0 !

I've wasted this while day trying to make this work. Alas, the same thing happened after a bit of tinkering.
DTS:X Ultra appears, then magically disappears.

Look, I managed to get a print screen before the driver "reloaded itself" and thus the DTS:X Ultra option disappears.
Limbo..

Does anyone have an older version of DTS Sound Unbound (appx) lying around?
Or 8911.1_HDA_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_20H1_x64_WHQL_Update_zip by Alanfox2000?

And I forgot, also looking for APO Driver 2.7.7 - 2.8.0 !

I've wasted this while day trying to make this work. Alas, the same thing happened after a bit of tinkering.
DTS:X Ultra appears, then magically disappears.

I think it's something with 20H2.

On the working DTS:X Ultra spatial - Windows 10 edition (it is starting to act up now also tho.. it's like the Dolby feds are on to me) -
I can install different drivers and the option still pops up. I have "DTS Ultra X Support" and "DTS:X Ultra" in Device Manager (thanks AlanFox2000).
20H2 has a new layout compared to the other edition, where they have integrated spatial audio with the right-click menu in a more "seamless" way.
My neck is stiff from all of this.. and I who was going to settle for Dolby Atmos Home Theatre *lol*
Interestingly I am NOT logged onto the MS Store on the Windows 10 that it's working on.
Which is weird.

My request is for someone to help me (debug) - I can let you teamview or whatever.

Last update before I go to bed:
I have found older versions of DTS Sound Unbound that's bundled with ACER drivers.
If we can find an old version enough I think we can make this work.
Waiting for your help guys.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DTSXULTRAreload.png
    DTSXULTRAreload.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DTSXULTRA.2.png
    DTSXULTRA.2.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Beliathal

Is it possible to use FXConfigurator to make Sound Blaster Connect 2 to work with Asus Xonar U7, or was it meant for Realtek only?

Sorry for asking something that might've been already asked before, there's just so much info to read in this thread, and most of it are uncategorized bits and pieces here and there, that one might get frustrated enough to start asking dumb questions like the one above.

lanclew

I was able to achieve Dolby Digital encoding to 5.1 via HDMI of my intel integrated GPU! I have two questions:
- is it using the maximum 640 kbps bit rate for DD? Can this be configured?
- there's no DTS entry in the product config tool with label HDMI. Is there one that would enable DTS over HDMI?

Thanks for this great software!

Last edited:
Lol, today Windows somehow nerfed my working DTS:X Ultra Spatial mode.
This is weird guys. Anyone have any plans or tips on how to restore it?

I was able to achieve Dolby Digital encoding to 5.1 via HDMI of my intel integrated GPU! I have two questions:
- is it using the maximum 640 kbps bit rate for DD? Can this be configured?
- there's no DTS entry in the product config tool with label HDMI. Is there one that would enable DTS over HDMI?

Thanks for this great software!

Try Realtek Driver Utility Tool (or w.e. it's called) and see if you can check "Enable DTS" in there :)

Is this bug in windows they have not solved i can see DOLBY ATMOS FOR HEADPHONE AND SPEAKER ,DTS HEADPHONE X,DTS:X ULTRA and it works. @alanfox2000
@andreaspujihar

View attachment 133849

What bug? How did you manage that to work?

Mikoo

Guy's, i am regularly following this forum, and let me tell you, you guy's are awesome. A huge thanks to @alanfox2000 for making this awesome APO Driver. That being said recently I saw numerous posts about various effects not getting loaded, but is seemingly working alright, especially after the 20H2 update. This has nothing to do with the binary files or profile xml's. I too faced the same problem. I had a working dolby atmos speaker system with latest binary and XML version 3.4, before the update. But after update it failed to apply the effects while the UI worked just fine. After numerous tries and debugging i found the problem. In registry HKLM/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Mmdevices/Audio/Render there was lots of keys. So what I did was i uninstalled my current audio driver from device manager(computer management>device manager). I ticked "delete this driver" while uninstalling. (You had to first delete audio end points, ie speaker's , then realtek audio, then under system devices , uninstall realtek sst oed drivers and finally realtek audio bus) . After this i rebooted the system. Upon rebooting the system installed the default Microsoft drivers for the audio device. Next i fired up the APO Driver and in there in the right side there is a button called "Rebuild Audio End point's" . What it does is it effectively deletes all those unwanted old entries under the registry key mentioned above. Now we must proceed with installing the realtek drivers for the pc. This will create new keys in the registry. After installing when you apply the effects in APO driver it will have the desired changes.

Sorry for the long post , but I wanted to share my experience with you guy's and help in the same way this forum has helped me in the past. I hope my experience will be really helpful to you. Also do verify that all the binaries are registered with the system, all it needs is fireup a cmd window in administrative mode and run the following command

Regsvr32 pathtothebinaryfile

Ex: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dolbyaposvc\*. dll

Guy's, i am regularly following this forum, and let me tell you, you guy's are awesome. A huge thanks to @alanfox2000 for making this awesome APO Driver. That being said recently I saw numerous posts about various effects not getting loaded, but is seemingly working alright, especially after the 20H2 update. This has nothing to do with the binary files or profile xml's. I too faced the same problem. I had a working dolby atmos speaker system with latest binary and XML version 3.4, before the update. But after update it failed to apply the effects while the UI worked just fine. After numerous tries and debugging i found the problem. In registry HKLM/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Mmdevices/Audio/Render there was lots of keys. So what I did was i uninstalled my current audio driver from device manager(computer management>device manager). I ticked "delete this driver" while uninstalling. (You had to first delete audio end points, ie speaker's , then realtek audio, then under system devices , uninstall realtek sst oed drivers and finally realtek audio bus) . After this i rebooted the system. Upon rebooting the system installed the default Microsoft drivers for the audio device. Next i fired up the APO Driver and in there in the right side there is a button called "Rebuild Audio End point's" . What it does is it effectively deletes all those unwanted old entries under the registry key mentioned above. Now we must proceed with installing the realtek drivers for the pc. This will create new keys in the registry. After installing when you apply the effects in APO driver it will have the desired changes.

Sorry for the long post , but I wanted to share my experience with you guy's and help in the same way this forum has helped me in the past. I hope my experience will be really helpful to you. Also do verify that all the binaries are registered with the system, all it needs is fireup a cmd window in administrative mode and run the following command

So You did the following with APO driver 2.8.6 and the sound effect for dolby atmos is working?

You da bauce.

Do try. I want to help. Kindly verify that you have lot of keys under that registry entry.

Well, thanks for the compliment. Did it worked for you??

I just got my previously slowasfuck install of Windlols 10 running in okay speeds, where I have DTS X Ultra spatial mode going (I don't know how I managed to install it, works on Realtek and HDMI - doesn't matter which drivers, or if I uninstall APO for example - it keeps coming back).

But now I'm gonna put up a fresh install on another drive, I'll try. Which drivers you runnin? Did you get DTS X Ultra spatial working as well?

Mikoo

Sorry to disappoint you, i don't have a working solution for dts x ultra at the moment. I am aware that the software checks for license file. It's hard coded in dtscnt64.dll. This is pointed out by @alanfox2000 earlier itself. I also figured that dtsaposervice.exe has a console mode. Firstly u have to stop the dts service in services.msc (in admin mode). then use dts apo 4 configuration in apo driver and run

dtsaposervice.exe -console

This causes the service to enter a suspended state, which help us to attach a debugger(like x64dbg) to the process. Once attached we can set up a dll breakpoint in x64dbg which pauses the process once dtscnt64.dll is loaded. From there we can circumvent the license file checking subroutine, theoretically. But this is cracking. And it needs expertise and experience. Hope this info helped someone with such a skill.

In your case @emanresu , i think if you have purchased sound unbound app then its possible that windows store remembers the purchase and activates it when ever its goes online.

I just got my previously slowasfuck install of Windlols 10 running in okay speeds, where I have DTS X Ultra spatial mode going (I don't know how I managed to install it, works on Realtek and HDMI - doesn't matter which drivers, or if I uninstall APO for example - it keeps coming back).

But now I'm gonna put up a fresh install on another drive, I'll try. Which drivers you runnin? Did you get DTS X Ultra spatial working as well?

@emanresu I am running realtek driver 6.0.9066.1 from mokichu in asus forum.

I am attaching my current dolbyaposvc folder in system32 for your use. I am using the SKU Dolby Atmos Speaker System. Branding is Acer. Unzip the file to your system32/dolbyaposvc folder. Register all the dll's with the command

regsvr32

in admin mode cmd window.

Example: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Dax3Ref.dll"

like wise register all the dll's.

For any security experts out there , these binaries are not altered. You can verify that by the certificate signature.

Add these class guids in APO Driver

[CompositeSFX]
{0EBD8505-17BB-4AE7-AD76-E86F99A425E9}
[CompositeMFX]
{0EBD8506-17BB-4AE7-AD76-E86F99A425E9}
[CompositeEFX]
{0EBD8507-17BB-4AE7-AD76-E86F99A425E9}
[CompositeOSFX]
{0EBD8511-17BB-4AE7-AD76-E86F99A425E9}
[CompositeOMFX]
{0EBD8512-17BB-4AE7-AD76-E86F99A425E9}

Apply the effects.