• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Helps Steam Break Concurrent Player Record

Steam has recently recorded a new peak concurrent player record of 24,804,148 users, this record comes after the previous record was broken in March as lockdowns and stay at home orders were issued. The release of Cyberpunk 2077 is a driving factor of the cause of this new record as the game recorded over 1 million concurrent users. The game had sold over 8 million pre-orders across all platforms leading up to its release with Steam sales accounting for over 50 million USD. This stellar release combined with the growing popularity of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive also surpassing 1 million concurrent players helped break the previous record.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Im happy some people still find joy in that mess of a game

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
"Cyberpunk 2077 received "universal acclaim" from critics, according to Metacritic;[182] however, its aggregate score was thought to be disappointing by analysts, and CD Projekt SA stock fell by up to 9.4% after the publication of Metacritic's reviews. "

Can anyone explain what the fuck does this mean? :D

"Cyberpunk 2077 received "universal acclaim" from critics, according to Metacritic;[182] however, its aggregate score was thought to be disappointing by analysts, and CD Projekt SA stock fell by up to 9.4% after the publication of Metacritic's reviews. "

Can anyone explain what the fuck does this mean? :D
I assume they expect straight 10s, instead of 9s. Either way, just another day, another pointless revenue statistics hype for marketing team and staff working at CDPR in finances. I like how they prioritize "OH 8 MILLION PREORDERS", instead of "alright, we get it and screwed up big time, but this time we promise no more shoehorning nonsense". I mean sales are priority for any company, even more for multi-billion corporation, but when they openly celebrate sales over game state, it just shows how little they cared about in general. Good games come from wholeheartedly love, not desire to become billionaire. This is the EA's way now lol. I don't judge the game, but rather how the management handled it.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
I assume they expect straight 10s, instead of 9s. Either way, just another day, another pointless revenue statistics hype for marketing team and staff working at CDPR in finances. I like how they prioritize "OH 8 MILLION PREORDERS", instead of "alright, we get it and screwed up big time, but this time we promise no more shoehorning nonsense". I mean sales are priority for any company, even more for multi-billion corporation, but when they openly celebrate sales over game state, it just shows how little they cared about in general. Good games come from wholeheartedly love, not desire to become billionaire. This is the EA's way now lol. I don't judge the game, but rather how the management handled it.

CDK is a business no matter how you spin it, and so are all game developers. They are not creating games not for profit just to spread love throughout the gaming community.

Cyberpunk obviously has bugs, and so have most games at this scale on launch. The magnification is greater BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF SALES, and not because gamers are looking for proof of developer injected love in to product. Cyberpunk at its core is an amazing game, with a graphical nextgen engine to boot.

They have offered a full refund to anyone who is experiencing game breaking problems. Point is, at some point the whining has to stop, and either you enjoy the game or you don't.

CDK is a business no matter how you spin it, and so are all game developers. They are not creating games not for profit just to spread love throughout the gaming community.

Cyberpunk obviously has bugs, and so have most games at this scale on launch. The magnification is greater BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF SALES, and not because gamers are looking for proof of developer injected love in to product. Cyberpunk at its core is an amazing game, with a graphical nextgen engine to boot.

They have offered a full refund to anyone who is experiencing game breaking problems. Point is, at some point the whining has to stop, and either you enjoy the game or you don't.
Well, you repurposed my words with more context, so I won't argue back.