• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI vs nvidia why the war???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheonix_789

Processor Pentium D 805 @ 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P5N-E SLI
Cooling Igloo 5600 X2 92mm High CFM Fans
Memory 2.0Gb Dual DDR 5300 667Mhz@ 760Mhz
Video Card(s) Geforce 7600 GT @ 650Mhz Core 1.7Ghz Mem
Storage 250Gb Sata 2 HD
Display(s) LG Flattron 19in flatscreen CRT
Case Thernaltake Matrix VX
Audio Device(s) Intergrated
Power Supply 500 watt Thermaltake Pure Power
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
:mad: I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE COMPUTER HARDWARE PERSONALLY!!!:mad:
:banghead:

was kicked from another forumn sight because I was apparently bashing nvidia that was a lie! I started a forumn about the X1800 xt and I was insulted by every nvidia user in the site! I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE! I wanted to discuss about ATI technology and every fricken nvidia adovicate wouldnt stop talking about the 6600 GT! GEEZE so anyways anyone know anything about the ATI X1000 series? (apparently the banmaster was an nvidia fan@!) I have no problem with nvidia I SIMPLY wanted to discuss ATI cards!

Lets all be peaceful and not let hardware come between people destroying friendships and gaming aliies!:)

Last edited:

Keiki

Processor Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz @ 3.6 Ghz
Motherboard P4P800-E Deluxe
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 4, Arctic-cooling VGA cooler Rev.3
Memory 1 GB (2 512mb) DDR 480 Corsair 3200 XL @2-4-4-8 timings
Video Card(s) Ati Radeon 9800 pro
Storage 120GB Maxtor ATA, 200GB Maxtor ATA, 200GB Maxtor SATA
Display(s) Viewsonic VX924
Case Casedge Diabolic Minotaur (Storm Blue)
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Well, the war may not necessarily be a bad thing. Because of this war, prices stay low which is always good for the consumer. Personally, I would prefer a third party or even a fourth party into this market that can challenge nvidia and ati for market share. Also, as for the differences between performance, each company has it's on pros and cons, I'm an ATI fan but I wouldn't insult nvidia cards just cuz they're nvidia. Nvidia makes good cards too.

Processor Intel i7-8700k @ stock
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro iirc
Memory 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500G NVMe
Display(s) 34" ASUS ROG PG348Q + 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289
Case NZXT
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm XT Stealth
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
I guess the reason people are so sensitive is they don't want to feel stupid by buying the weaker card maybe. Then it's easy just to attack everyone that says your card is weak and you feel better about your own card. lol. And I was nVidia for a long time, and if the ATI prices doesn't come down I'd probably go back, but atm I'm ATI... ;)

gerrynicol

System Name Home built
Processor Core i7-920 4.0Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6t OC
Cooling Akasa Nero
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-1348Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX GTX 285 SLi
Storage 160GB, 250GB, 320GB
Display(s) 24" dell(1920X1200)
Case Coolermaster HAF
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude, logitech Z5500
Power Supply Corsair HX 1K
Software 7 ultimate 64
Personally, I don't give a CR4P about the nvidia v ATi war, I have had cards from both companys, just recently I had an X800, now running sli 6800gt, I could not see a difference picture quality or fps wise. I think that most ppl will flame because they are either young and arogant, or from what they have read on a forum(fanboy posts)

My two cents.

Gerry.

dogmir

i agree i by nature am an ati amd fan....just always loved there products....not that intel and nvidia dont make good products...just over the years had alot of ati amd....but i have friends that want to fight to the bone over why i should convert in both cases...and i laugh...life is short overclock till it dies....lol.....its just like the whole ford or chevy thing....people build a preference over time and stick with it i guess...some more than others...there comes a point were you have to let it go in one ear and out the other.....but amen on whole arrogant young point....i see it all the time...

Silverstone

A lot of smaller sites seem to be biased or at the very least fanboy based on the subject of cpus AND vid cards. I've noticed this too. I've ruined a few good net relationships in the past getting involved in political debates. I was against the Iraqui War and spoke out against our imperialist ways (as a US citizen).

THIS site seems a tad bit ATI fanboy, IMO.

I use both ATI & Nvidia in my rigs, no clear favorite in my eyes.

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
To tell you the truth, these are the type of threads that can start the so-called "wars of hardware/fanboy fights". We just had a thread that started out like this and then it turned into a full out flame war of the fanboys. There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion, or preferences, but being arrogant with you opinion is not needed. Comments that are meant to bring down a company or certain product are unnecessary and un-wanted.

You can only get one type of product for your computer, you can't run a Nvidia and a ATI card in the same computer (well you can in some ways). Same applies to AMD and Intel. So there is always some form of preference or factor that made you buy a certain product, plus the fact that you only need one make. When people come in, and flame/bring you down, for getting a certain product, they are either showing off what they have or are jealous of what you have.

Pheonix, I am in full agreement about your first statement, "I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE COMPUTER HARDWARE PERSONALLY!!!".

-Dan

mingorad

Useless Thread ! It will always be an ATI vs nvidia, Intel Vs AMD and so on............

Slayerstaps

Like djbbenn stated these are the kind of threads that only result in useless flame wars. Considering your start post this is not the way to start a thread. You can bring this up as a discussion but not with a start post like this. So i will ask you nicely to try again without excessive use of caps....

Status
Not open for further replies.