• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA Gearing up to Launch Next-Gen DDR5 Memory Modules

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ADATA Technology, a manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules, NAND Flash products, mobile accessories, gaming products, electric power trains, and industrial solutions, is gearing up to bring next-generation DDR5 memory modules to market to offers users a significant upgrade in speed, capacity, as well as increased bandwidth per CPU cores. ADATA has been working closely with two leading motherboard makers, MSI and Gigabyte, to ensure an optimized experience through ensuring synergies between ADATA's DDR5 modules and their latest Intel platforms.

In parallel to developing the new memory modules, ADATA has also been working closely with two leading motherboard makers MSI and Gigabyte, its long-term strategic partners, to ensure their new platforms can take full advantage of DDR5. Among other initiatives, ADATA, MSI, and Gigabyte have been conducting joint testing and research to guarantee optimum DDR5 overclocking on the latest Intel platforms to meet gamers' discerning standards. ADATA and the motherboard above makers will be launching DDR5 modules and DDR5-compliant motherboards simultaneously to offer high performance to a wide range of users, including enterprises, gamers, and creators, to name a few.

"As longtime strategic partners, Gigabyte and ADATA have committed themselves to test DRAM products to ensure exceptional overclocking performance on the latest Intel platforms," said a representative from Gigabyte. "With next-generation DDR5, our commitment is no different, and we continue to verify the synergy of our products to deliver smooth operations and reliability."

"The strategic partnership between MSI and ADATA is a complementary relationship that brings together ADATA's leading expertise in memory and MSI's core competencies in motherboards and PCs," said a representative from MSI. "Together, we work hand in hand to validate that our products can work in combination to offer maximized DDR5 performance on the latest Intel platforms."

"ADATA has always looked to progress technology to the next level, and DDR5 is our next objective in that pursuit," said Nick Dai, Director of Product Marketing at ADATA. "In our journeys to innovate and progress technology, we have never been alone in those endeavors and are lucky to have MSI and Gigabyte as trusted partners to bring to market the best that technology has to offer."

Faster Performance and Higher Capacities for the New Era in Tech
With the arrival of 5G networks, Wi-Fi 6, and processors with evermore cores, memory modules must keep up with these developments to ensure optimized computing. As a result, ADATA has been focused on developing next-generation DDR5 memory modules that will offer enhanced speeds, capacities, and increased bandwidth per CPU cores. ADATA's DDR5 memory will deliver speeds of up to 8400MT/s and come in capacities of up to 64 GB. The modules will also come with error-correcting code (ECC) functionality for enhanced accuracy and reliability and power management functionality for improved energy efficiency with an energy consumption reduction of up to 1.1V.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Everything is coming together. I can't wait for my Alder Lake-S build (which will include an Intel Optane P5800X "PCIe 4.0" SSD and probably an Intel Xe-HPG gaming GPU).

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
and come in capacities of up to 64 GB

Please tell me that this means we will soon be able to get 64GB sticks, so that we can finally build super fast rigs with 256GB (or more) of memory :D

System Name BUBSTER
Processor I7 13700K (6.1 GHZ XTU OC)
Motherboard Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Pro
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360 RGB
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 4800MHz 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Super Dual OC
Storage Kingston KC 3000 PCIE4 1Tb + 2 Kingston KC 3000 1TB PCIE4 RAID 0 + 4 TB Crucial gen 4 +12 TB HDD
Display(s) Sony Bravia A85 j OLED
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II
Power Supply Corsair AX 850 Titanium
Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB + Razr Taipan
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare Cherry MX Red + Corsair Gaming K65 lux RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Yes Please...Bring it On...i don't think anybody will object to high speeds and high bandwidth

Processor 5950X
Motherboard Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision
Storage 980 Pro 500GB, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, Crucial MX500 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34WQC
Case Cooler Master C700M
Audio Device(s) Bose
Power Supply AX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard MSI GK80
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores CPU-Z Single-Thread: 688 Multi-Thread: 11940
At the moment I could not even find an Adata 32G memory kit with a 16CL...

Still years away.

2021 - First consumer DDR5 but only at 4800Mhz with high latency. Problably Q4 with Zen4. Also expensive.
2022 - Wider adoption by both AMD (Zen5) and Intel (Alder Lake). Possibly 6400Mhz modules with same or improved latency. Lower prices.
2023 - Mass market adoption (Zen6 and Meteor Lake) with 8400Mhz+ modules. DDR4 increases in price as manufacturing lines are shifted to DDR5. DDR5 becomes the cheapest and fastest go-to RAM.
2024 - DDR4 phased out.

2021 - First consumer DDR5 but only at 4800Mhz with high latency. Problably Q4 with Zen4. Also expensive.
LoL! Clearly ZEN4 will be on market in 2022. Optimistic in Q1 but has rumors for delay to Q2/Q3 2022. For AL and LGA 1700 also has rumors for delay to 2022 but maybe will be available before ZEN4?! DDR5 4800 is not the only one DDR5 which is ready for production.
In general, I think that all dates and other assumptions are also wrong. The only thing that is true in what is written in the quote and in the rest of the comment are the names of the components and some characteristics, because they are already known anyway.

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
I'm asking merely for intellectual curiosity but how many MT/s have been achieved when overclocked for DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 & DDR4 respectively?
Has there been DDR4 reaching 6000 MT/s?
Will DDR5 ever reach 10000 MT/s or more?

quakebox

Great news DDR4 is old by now, however I will not buy anything from adata.
LoL! Clearly ZEN4 will be on market in 2022. Optimistic in Q1 but has rumors for delay to Q2/Q3 2022. For AL and LGA 1700 also has rumors for delay to 2022 but maybe will be available before ZEN4?! DDR5 4800 is not the only one DDR5 which is ready for production.
In general, I think that all dates and other assumptions are also wrong. The only thing that is true in what is written in the quote and in the rest of the comment are the names of the components and some characteristics, because they are already known anyway.
I just bought Zen2 and hope to upgrade to Zen3 this year maybe I will skip to Zen4.

Yeah! its about time. I am looking forward to DDR5 platforms. maybe by the end of this year? I hope.

Oh really? You know this for a fact that Zen4 will be 2022? Or is it wishful thinking that Intel might release AL before Z4? Lol ideed.
No higher speed bins have been annouced as ready other than 4800. If it even launces this year. Like i said. 6400 modules will not come before 2022.

If you think other dates and assumptions are wrong then you should disprove those not just say "lol you're wrong". Because like me i dont think you have any other info either.