• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Debuts its Z590 Chipset Motherboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EVGA Z590 motherboards paired with 11th Gen Intel Core processors bring unprecedented speed and bandwidth to the latest graphics cards and M.2 NVMe SSDs, along with improved performance across the board. Built with the Intel Z590 Chipset, these motherboards are PCIe Gen4 ready with a data transfer rate up to 16 GT/s, doubling the previous generation. As befitting this milestone, EVGA designed and engineered these new motherboards from scratch, resulting in a pair of sleek-looking motherboards jam-packed with the latest features. Introducing the EVGA Z590 DARK and Z590 FTW WIFI motherboards - the first of a new generation of EVGA motherboard excellence.

The EVGA Z590 DARK once again strikes fear into the hearts of other Z590 motherboards by combining every ounce of power available to the Intel Z590 chipset and fine-tuning it to perfection. This armed and fully-operational motherboard is born from a 10-layer PCB and powered by a 22-Phase VRM. With support for PCIe Gen4 graphics cards and M.2 NVMe SSDs, overclockers have nothing to fear when shooting for the highest scores in any benchmark. For everyone else demanding the ultimate in performance, the Z590 DARK is loaded with over a dozen USB options, eight SATA ports, two 2.5 Gbps NICs + WiFi 6/BT 5.1, 7.1 Channel HD Audio, three M.2 Key-M slots, and two fan headers dedicated to AIO CPU Coolers. We've even included a nightlight with the DARK's first-ever ARGB cover for those times when you might need to see what you're doing. As a wise overclocker once said, "Once you start down the DARK path, forever will it dominate your destiny." and with the EVGA Z590 DARK, that destiny is sure to be filled with shattered records and countless victories on the battlefield.

The EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI is what you've been waiting for to bring out the best of the 11th Gen Intel Core i9 processors, which now feature support for PCIe Gen4 graphics cards and NVMe SSDs. This motherboard redefines what it means to be For The Win with a completely updated aesthetic, a rededication to maximizing the features on an ATX form factor, and an unrelenting desire to give enthusiasts all the power, performance, and stability they can handle with a 17-Phase VRM and 8-layer PCB. In addition to blazing-fast 4800 MHz+ memory support, WiFi 6/BT 5.1, DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0, and an excessive number of USB options, the EVGA Z590 WIFI also features multiple ARGB headers to customize your system lighting, a gigabit NIC, and 7.1 Channel HD Audio. The EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI is truly the next generation of FTW motherboards.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The Dark looks a lot nicer with those touches of copper, but FTW says it like it really is with 2 more DIMM slots to populate. The VRM's though are modestly different FTL between the two though they both seem overkill or would if it wasn't powering a Intel space heater micro chip. When they name it rocket that's a bad omen.

tcase.jpg

Last edited:
System Name 3 "rigs"-gaming/spare pc/cruncher
Processor R7-5800X3D/i7-7700K/R9-7950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme/Asus Ranger Z170/Asus ROG Crosshair X670E-GENE
Cooling Bitspower monoblock ,custom open loop,both passive and active/air tower cooler/air tower cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4/32GB DDR4/64GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6900XT Alphacooled/AMD RX5700XT 50th Aniv./SOC(onboard)
Storage mix of sata ssds/m.2 ssds/mix of sata ssds+an m.2 ssd
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2410 , HP 24x
Case mb box/Silverstone Raven RV-05/CoolerMaster Q300L
Audio Device(s) onboard/onboard/onboard
Power Supply 3 Seasonics, a DeltaElectronics, a FractalDesing
Mouse various/various/various
Keyboard various wired and wireless
VR HMD -
Software W10.someting or another,all 3
Those two motherboards look so darn good , very appealing to me , I just hope the cpu's for it have the IPC and clocks to match in order to warrant an upgrade/new build, Oh! who am I kidding.
le: double post due to connection.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Pretty nice, the EVGA Z390 DARK in my VGA Test System is the best motherboard I ever used

System Name Ryzen shine, Mr Freeman
Processor 5900X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Dark Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ARGB
Memory 32GB TridentZ Neo 3600 CL14
Video Card(s) 3080TI FE with Alphacool Eiswolf AIO
Storage 2TB 970 EVO PLUS, 1TB 980
Display(s) LG OLED 55CX
Case O11D XL Black
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STU, Mackie MR5+MR10S, HD598
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse GPW
Keyboard G815
Intel: Make them motherboards, so they want to switch back to Intel.
EVGA: Hold my beer.

Shame that it looks like they've abandoned the micro-ATX segment for Z590, as they've been putting out one of the few upscale mATX motherboards with the Z-series chipsets as of the last couple of years.

I hope they bring back a mini-ITX board this generation. My Z270 Stinger is in need of an upgrade :(