• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blizzard Also Announces World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic, Coming Later This Year

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Beyond the Dark Portal in the shattered realm of Outland, the armies of the demonic Burning Legion prepare for an invasion that threatens the entire world of Azeroth. Later this year, World of Warcraft players will return to the fel-scarred ruin of Hellfire Peninsula to stop the incursion at its source; rediscover what lurks below the fungal forests of Zangarmarsh; and face down Illidan the Betrayer once again in Burning Crusade Classic, Blizzard Entertainment's authentic recreation of the acclaimed first World of Warcraft expansion.

"The World of Warcraft community made it clear that they wanted WoW Classic, and now they're eager to continue their journey into The Burning Crusade," said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "Since the launch of WoW Classic and as we rolled out content updates, we've learned a lot about what players want from an experience like this in 2021. We're building on that to ensure players' new adventures in Outland are as epic as ever, whether they're taking a return trip through the Dark Portal or joining us for the very first time."

Burning Crusade Classic builds on the epic foundation of World of Warcraft Classic, providing players with an opportunity to experience the next legendary chapter in the Warcraft saga. Through the launch and over the course of content updates to follow, the recreation will bring back the features of the 2007 original, including:
  • The Shattered Realm of Outland: Traverse the treacherous crags and spires of Blade's Edge Mountains, where even dragons fear to roam; hunt alongside the uncorrupted Mag'har orcs among the floating islands of Nagrand; battle demonic agents of the Legion in the shadow of the Black Temple; and much more.
  • Two New Playable Races: Fight for the Horde as the blood elves, seeking a new source of the arcane power that once sustained them, or join the Alliance as the draenei, exiles from Outland in search of a new home.
  • Gather at the Arena Gates: Assemble your most trusted allies and prove your PvP prowess in 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 combat in Arenas such as the Ring of Trials and the Circle of Blood.
  • Take Wing on Flying Mounts: Take flight in the chaotic skies of Netherstorm and soar over fel-touched Shadowmoon Valley with the introduction of flying mounts in Outland.
  • Master Challenging Raids and Dungeons: Conquer 5-player dungeons set in the crystalline fortress of Tempest Keep and the Caverns of Time, where heroes bear witness to Azeroth's past. Raid the haunted halls of 10-player Karazhan, and gear up over time for a climactic confrontation against Kil'jaeden in 25-player Sunwell Plateau.
  • New Options for Heroes: Carve gems of power to socket into players' gear with the Jewelcrafting profession; choose between the Aldor or Scryer factions in Shattrath and earn their unique rewards; create a paladin on the Horde or a shaman on the Alliance; and more.
Before entering the Dark Portal, players will be presented with a choice for each of their existing WoW Classic characters: to progress to the Burning Crusade era along with the rest of the Horde and Alliance heroes on their realm, or to continue adventuring in the original WoW Classic content on all-new "Classic Era" servers coming with the rollout of Burning Crusade Classic. Players who want to experience the best of both worlds will have the option to "clone" each WoW Classic character as an optional paid service, allowing each hero to venture forth into Burning Crusade Classic while their copies continue their original adventure on a Classic Era realm. Further details on each realm type and the available options for characters will be provided at a later date.

For players who don't have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with their friends, Blizzard will also offer an optional level-58 character boost service closer to the expansion's launch. To help preserve the integrity of players' accomplishments in WoW Classic, this boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.

As with WoW Classic, access to Burning Crusade Classic will be included in players' existing World of Warcraft subscriptions at no additional cost. In the near future, Blizzard Entertainment will be kicking off a beta test for Burning Crusade Classic, calling upon players to give feedback on the experience and help ensure the expansion strikes the best possible balance between authenticity and enjoyment. More information on the beta test, including how to sign up, will be announced at a later date.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
I'm sorry but it has to be depressing to work at Blizzard now, because the greatest excitement for their games is for repackaged content previously made by several key people who no longer work there. But even when they have a nice slow pitch coming at them, like a WC3 Remake, the completely butcher the technical side. D2's getting a remaster... I think it'll actually be good this time giving the ass chewing their C tier got because of Reforged but I have no hope that they won't somehow butcher the graphics. I fully expect the remaster to look more cartoony somehow, they just can't help themselves because they're chasing china dollars who require less realistic violence to be sold there.

System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
They screwed up the launch of classic, let's see how this one goes.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
I'm sorry but it has to be depressing to work at Blizzard now, because the greatest excitement for their games is for repackaged content previously made by several key people who no longer work there. But even when they have a nice slow pitch coming at them, like a WC3 Remake, the completely butcher the technical side. D2's getting a remaster... I think it'll actually be good this time giving the ass chewing their C tier got because of Reforged but I have no hope that they won't somehow butcher the graphics. I fully expect the remaster to look more cartoony somehow, they just can't help themselves because they're chasing china dollars who require less realistic violence to be sold there.

As a person who's played way too much Blizzard games, I can safely say Blizzard is good at screwing themselves.

ixi

How did they screw launch of classic?

Played classic for two, maybe three months with friends. Good time spent with them. Maybe gonna play this too for few months if I will be able to get pc parts for decent prices. Especially in gpu markets.

Last edited:
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
So true it hurts.

I will say that all of these remakes are getting to be a bit much, however there is a big market for Classic and even BC. I spent two hours last night in one WSG on my twink rogue. It was insanity, but in a good way. Back when Battlegrounds didn't have a time limit. It actually wasn't blizzard that came up with Classic, but the community who demanded it. We were using private servers in order to play Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. If it wasn't for the WoW community then it never would have happened. All it took was one executive producer saying these words to a kid about re-making older versions of the game: "You think you do, but you don't." Just google that quote if you want more answers.

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
How exactly did they fucked up? Because the relaunch was what it was in the classic, just because all the rose colored glasses of nostalgia of those dumbasses who were telling that vanilla wow was much complicated and better than anything that came after fell off when Ragnaros got FK by a bunch of 55s in a and incredible rotations of frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt,frostbolt doesn't mean they fucked up. The game was that barebones in the first place.