• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Fixes Intermittent USB Connectivity Issues on 500 Series Chipsets, BIOS Update Arrives in April

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Another reason to buy Intel. Stability from the get go.
I remember it being like that in the T-bird era, with Soyo. Despite I was able to get a fix quickly, I wonder if that's why the Soyo motherboard division went under.
My first Athlon system: (T-bird 900 Mhz) It kept crashing and then it looked like it possibly was only randomly crashing when idle. The fix was to lower the Vcore, when at stock frequency. Ironically, running a load didn't noticeably make the crashes increase.

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
Intel has always been the more stable platform....
The only really good thing to date about AMD has been their stock which in just 10 month time made a lot of cash for many! Before leveling off and still dropping $$$ as even the hype is now wearing thin. Most AMD users continue to be plagued with BIOS, memory, compatibility and other connectivity issues. With Alder Lake virtually on our doorstep and with its all new revolutionary architecture, even more challenging days are ahead for AMD. One thing has stood out very clearly and with INTEL always having been the more stable and mature platform right out of the box.

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
The only really good thing to date about AMD has been their stock which in just 10 month time made a lot of cash for many! Before leveling off and still dropping $$$ as even the hype is now wearing thin. Most AMD users continue to be plagued with BIOS, memory, compatibility and other connectivity issues. With Alder Lake virtually on our doorstep and with its all new revolutionary architecture, even more challenging days are ahead for AMD. One thing has stood out very clearly and with INTEL always having been the more stable and mature platform right out of the box.
But, I'm having good luck from the get go with my Ryzen systems, including my first Ryzen CPU, a Ryzen 3 3200G. Memtest passed with XMP, despite the horror stories about XMP with AMD.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
But, I'm having good luck from the get go with my Ryzen systems, including my first Ryzen CPU, a Ryzen 3 3200G. Memtest passed with XMP, despite the horror stories about XMP with AMD.
Yeah, that was a load of hyberbolic fud... only first gen zen had memory issues running above 2933

It is true that Intel is more reliabe as a system package all together. However, even though I myself more Intel leaning there is no way I can recommend them these days above zen 3. The trouble with AMD is once in a generation they make a product that is better but then they raise the price to unseen levels. And there is shortage of their products and or chipset is not upto standards. In other words they shoot themselves in the foot just when they are about to sprint.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
All this will be fixed generally when stop support of older generations like USB 2.0, PCIe 1/2/3.0, 1G network controller, VGA and DVI, COM and other ancient "technologies" and reduce size of BIOS and drivers. Too many old compatibles, too long code=more bugs
Who can old tech, there is second hand market!

I wouldnt consider pcie 3.0, usb 2.0, gigabit lan ancient. Maybe you are a cutting edge type of guy/girl, but things dont become useless the moment something new comes along.

Imagine the grief AMD would got if this chipset didnt support the techs you mentioned, instead of people having a workaround, they would have just been SOL.

Many vendors still make devices using these tech's, people still have older monitors etc, one of the great things about PC's is been able to mix and match hardware.

Also if I am not mistaken a reason boards still include usb2 ports is for compatibility with booting, making sure keyboard/mouse works in bios etc.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
It's exaggeration as so many other things. Older RAM and certain modules simply won't do XMP. However, as it's an Intel standard, it's not hard to see why. Besides, a lot of RAM seems to be able to run with tighter timings on a Ryzen setup compared to an Intel Core platform, so there's that benefit as well of doing it manually.

I wouldnt consider pcie 3.0, usb 2.0, gigabit lan ancient. Maybe you are a cutting edge type of guy/girl, but things dont become useless the moment something new comes along.

Imagine the grief AMD would got if this chipset didnt support the techs you mentioned, instead of people having a workaround, they would have just been SOL.

Many vendors still make devices using these tech's, people still have older monitors etc, one of the great things about PC's is been able to mix and match hardware.

Also if I am not mistaken a reason boards still include usb2 ports is for compatibility with booting, making sure keyboard/mouse works in bios etc.
Actually, the best example of this is Apple. USB-C/Thunderbolt on all their laptops, which means people need to use awkward dongles to connect to pretty much everything.
Yes, things need to progress at some rate, but you can't just do a clean slate reboot like they've done when the rest of the world isn't ready to move along as well.

Technically a USB-C port can do everything a USB-A port can and then some, but do people want to use adapters or swap cables just so they can use their keyboards and mice?

There are produced enough devices with the old technology, so who is willing to continue to use them has a choice, and quite cheap. For the electronics of industrial machines, for example CNC milling machines are produced special industrial computers with a separate class of components. Aren't we discussing parts for home desktop computers here?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Just ANUTHA reason not to buy Rev1 of any pc hdwr..... :D

The REAL question is (IMHO): why this was not discovered & fixed PRIOR to release ?????

I still have not experienced this issue a single time, and I have no intention of using the new BIOS, all my OC's are fully stable and I'm having a blast, SAM enabled, Rage Mode, all of it pedal to the metal.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Sorry what? What kind of utter drivel is this?
What does I/O and physical interfaces have to do with it?
If you have an issue with drivers, take that up with Microsoft. Most drivers are tiny in Linux.
PCIe is a backwards compatible technology by design. Ethernet doesn't cause any known issues. USB is in every single modern computer.
Sure, we can get rid of VGA and DVI, but considering that most VGA ports today use a D/A chip and takes a digital signal from the GPU, it's hardly an issue.
DVI uses more or less the same standard as HDMI, so should we get rid of HDMI too then?
COM ports might not be useful to you, but the serial bus is still used in a ton of devices. It's not something that's going to have a detrimental effect on the system.
Sure, tidy up the code, but that's not the same as getting rid of still widely used standards just because you don't like them.

Can you please provide proof of this?
There seems to be a fair amount of issues with Intel these days too and always have been.
Shit, Intel used to make some horrible motherboards back in the days.

Why? What new technology could they possibly have added that would've made sense?
And if this is a USB issue that is not exclusive to the 5000-series CPUs or the two (by two different companies I should point out) 500-series chipsets, as it clearly affects the 400-series in some cases as well, what use would a new chipset have been? Please enlighten me.
Too true, I'm into pc because of it's Epic engineering viability in connection terms.
Loosing that makes it a phone or iMac alternative.

Plus judging things I experienced , like Icue, swarm, Asus aisuite or grid or vast amounts of other softwares frequently Janky operation, how many times is AMD and intel ftm hardware getting blamed for what are software issues.

Still the negative waffling of some of the intel fanbois on here is comedy, all trying to pretend they're not uttter fanbois in a tangential AMD usb thread shitposting about perceived stability without proof or reason.
And without a clue what they're perception tells us about them.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Too true, I'm into pc because of it's Epic engineering viability in connection terms.
Loosing that makes it a phone or iMac alternative.

Plus judging things I experienced , like Icue, swarm, Asus aisuite or grid or vast amounts of other softwares frequently Janky operation, how many times is AMD and intel ftm hardware getting blamed for what are software issues.

Still the negative waffling of some of the intel fanbois on here is comedy, all trying to pretend they're not uttter fanbois in a tangential AMD usb thread shitposting about perceived stability without proof or reason.
I don't think anyone of us that are using AMD in one of our rigs hate on Intel because AMD is better.
I mean, I have more Intel hardware than AMD hardware, as both my NAS and my laptop are Intel powered, whereas my desktop is my only AMD system.
Over the years I have owned everything apart from an IDT Winchip and the IBM branded Cyrix processors, but I have had AMD, Cyrix, Intel and VIA powered systems, although I have never had a VIA powered one as my main rig.
Cyrix wasn't that great, but it sure was cheap.
My first AMD CPU (well, technically second, but that's another story) which was a 5k86 P75 couldn't even compile Linux without crashing...
All these companies have made bad products over the years and sometimes the deserve to get bashed, as they screwed up badly.
What I don't get is the bashing of users just because they have different hardware than you, I mean, does it really matter? Are you happy with your computer? Great. That's it then. I have no reason to slag you because you got whatever hardware you got.
On the other hand I don't get people that are standing up for a large corporation no matter what they do or how pants their products are, just because...

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I don't think anyone of us that are using AMD in one of our rigs hate on Intel because AMD is better.
I mean, I have more Intel hardware than AMD hardware, as both my NAS and my laptop are Intel powered, whereas my desktop is my only AMD system.
Over the years I have owned everything apart from an IDT Winchip and the IBM branded Cyrix processors, but I have had AMD, Cyrix, Intel and VIA powered systems, although I have never had a VIA powered one as my main rig.
Cyrix wasn't that great, but it sure was cheap.
My first AMD CPU (well, technically second, but that's another story) which was a 5k86 P75 couldn't even compile Linux without crashing...
All these companies have made bad products over the years and sometimes the deserve to get bashed, as they screwed up badly.
What I don't get is the bashing of users just because they have different hardware than you, I mean, does it really matter? Are you happy with your computer? Great. That's it then. I have no reason to slag you because you got whatever hardware you got.
On the other hand I don't get people that are standing up for a large corporation no matter what they do or how pants their products are, just because...

yep I have a intel laptop for work, and intel gaming laptop i used in grad school with a gtx 1070. happy with both. and happy with my all AMD desktop, purely for nostalgic reasons. glad to see competition playing ping pong, it's fantastic since I love high refresh gaming.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.

So many "hardware problems" are "fixed" by a clean Windows install and using only WHQL drivers. OEM vendor utilities are universally garbage. The best case scenario is that they are only an eyesore and don't actually cause problems.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
So many "hardware problems" are "fixed" by a clean Windows install and using only WHQL drivers. OEM vendor utilities are universally garbage. The best case scenario is that they are only an eyesore and don't actually cause problems.
Everyone should re-install their OS regularly, and especially after major hardware changes. And it does for sure help reduce problems. I'm a firm believer in having a dedicated OS drive which is "disposable", where all personal files, games etc. are on a different drive, to make re-installs quick and easy, plus the dedicated OS drive takes the majority of the wear.

The biggest culprit in terms of stability problems is caused by "user error"; running overclocked memory. If everyone but experienced overclockers stuck to stock memory speeds, it would probably eliminate more than half of support threads in forums like this.

But you can't deny the fact that AMD has to put out a long series of firmware updates before they achieve relative stability, far more than Intel has to after each CPU release. Essentially, AMD CPUs are in beta testing for 3+ months. And for those of us using Linux on workstations, there has been some serious boot issues with most releases from AMD. They clearly need more time to test their products prior to release.

Everyone should re-install their OS regularly, and especially after major hardware changes.
For this we paid money on Microsoft? How many years exist Microsoft Windows and users are forced to take such measures that they should not have had to do for a long time?

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
For this we paid money on Microsoft? How many years exist Microsoft Windows and users are forced to take such measures that they should not have had to do for a long time?
Well, in theory it shouldn't be required, but we all know there are all these obscure problems that seem to pop up. And even though many of them are ultimately "solvable" with enough effort and trial and error, I just think a clean re-install is preferable. This is my opinion, but I respect that you may disagree.

Even for Linux I've given up tracking down "unexplainable" problems. If I can't find the problem pretty quickly, I just format and re-install the OS, just a base Ubuntu, graphics driver and a couple of scripts and it's back up in 15-30 min. For Windows installs it usually takes me a little longer, and I've haven't bother to semi-automate it, but still usually quicker than spending days looking for issues.

As for paying Microsoft for this, there are many other issues I have with Windows and the quality of the product than this. This problem is at least not solely Microsoft's fault, but a combination of iffy driver quality and software bloat from various hardware makers.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
So what is the virtual pitch fork squad going to bash AMD for now?

Obviously an annoying issue for those that experienced it, but it was clearly not a hardware flaw as some seemed to suggest.
Sorry I'm late to the party, pass my pitchfork please. :p :rolleyes:

This used to mean that the size of the wallet determined which camp you joined.

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
Don't get AMD, get MAD? Or Don't get MAD, get AMD? LMAO

In all seriousness, though, both companies have their history of fucking up something here or there. No point in getting all defensive for one or the other.
Haha, could have been AMDs slogan a few years ago when it was not going so well! :D To you second line: precisely! I applaude whoever fixes their mistakes (Intel or AMD :) )

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Haha, could have been AMDs slogan a few years ago when it was not going so well!
I take it you didn't see some of AMD's official marketing:
1615680129619.png

1615680080853.png

I'm kinda hungry now, though :D

Low quality post by Hossein Almet
Processor 5950X
Motherboard Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080 Vision
Storage 980 Pro 500GB, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, Crucial MX500 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34WQC
Case Cooler Master C700M
Audio Device(s) Bose
Power Supply AX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard MSI GK80
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores CPU-Z Single-Thread: 688 Multi-Thread: 11940
Who said the 5950X couldn't reach 5000MHz :)

5 Cores @ more than 5000MHz.png

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh please, stop spreading FUD.
My system has been stable for ages, not had any memory issues, but then again, I knew there were issues with older Corsair LPX modules and I didn't expect XMP - an Intel standard - to work.
The UEFI has been stable since three months after launch of the 3000-series and you'll see that I was very pissed off at one stage of you go through the forums.
I haven't seen any other compatibility issues.

Yes, AMD needs to spend more time testing things before launch and maybe not rush out products like they've done, but there current situation is not like what you're describing.
Two mates got Ryzen 7 5800X systems and neither of them have had any problems.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
So, pop quiz: Who can tell me which post number was the last one to actually address the original topic?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes