• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announces Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors Powered by "Zen 3"

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors, bringing the uncompromising performance and efficiency of the "Zen 3" core architecture to premium business laptops. Paired with AMD PRO technologies that offer strengthened multi-layer enterprise-class security features and powerhouse productivity, the new AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors are built to meet the demands of the modern workforce. With broad availability from HP and Lenovo expected starting in Q2, the number of AMD-powered enterprise notebooks is expected to triple by the end of 2021.

"Navigating an increasingly distributed work environment requires more performance and security from our professional laptops. Businesses need to be confident they are investing in technology that will meet the needs of their employees, whether they are working remotely or from the office," said Saeid Moshkelani, senior vice president and general manager, Client Business Unit, AMD. "The new AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors significantly increase the capabilities of ultrathin enterprise notebooks and deliver best-in-class user experiences with leadership performance, exceptional battery life and robust security features for every work environment."

AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors
AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors are built to provide a powerful computing experience with security features for today's demanding business environments.

Leading performance for top-level productivity and collaboration
  • The AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor, with 8 cores and 16 threads, delivers leadership CPU performance, offering up to 57%2 more multi-threaded performance than the competition.
  • AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor is designed for the increased demand in productivity, offering up to 23%3 faster performance for home and office productivity than the competition.
  • Enhanced power efficiency
    • Built for all-day battery life and productivity, along with the optimized 7 nm "Zen 3" core architecture, the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U processor offers up to 17.54 hours of battery life.
  • Modern AMD PRO Technologies
    • AMD PRO security provides a multi-layered approach to security features by embedding defenses at every level, from silicon through operating system. AMD Memory Guard, exclusive to AMD Ryzen PRO processors and automatically enabled on Microsoft Secured-Core PCs, helps enable data and identity protection, while AMD Shadow Stack helps provide hardware enabled protection against malware attacks.
    • AMD PRO manageability enables a full manageability feature set for simplified deployment, imaging and management that is compatible with modern IT infrastructures. AMD Ryzen PRO processors offer full support for Microsoft Endpoint Manager to deliver a flexible and integrated cloud management solution.
    • AMD PRO business ready technologies bring enterprise-grade computing solutions designed for quality and reliability, in addition to platform longevity. AMD Ryzen PRO processors feature 18-months of planned software stability and 24-months of planned availability.
Starting in Q2, 2021, enterprise customers will be able to purchase Ryzen PRO processor-based systems from top PC vendors including HP and Lenovo.

"The need for powerful, secure PCs that prioritize productivity and collaboration is more crucial than ever as we continue to embrace a more distributed and hybrid workforce," said Andy Rhodes, global head, Commercial Systems and Display Solutions, HP. "HP is committed to empowering employees and IT teams everywhere, and our continued work with AMD leads with innovation to deliver powerful and secure computing experiences to keep people connected and productive at home, in the office, or both."

"At Lenovo, we have a long tradition of providing our enterprise customers with innovative systems that deliver excellent performance and security and we are pleased to continue delivering on this promise with new laptops powered by the latest AMD mobile processors," said Jerry Paradise, vice president, Global Commercial Portfolio & Product Management, Lenovo PCSD. "The latest Lenovo ThinkPad laptop lineup with AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors will continue to deliver the incredible performance our business customers have come to expect from Lenovo and AMD."

The slide deck follows.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
I would love to get my hands on the 8/16 thread counterpart with iGPU for desktops, should they release, I will upgrade this generation, if not, I'll wait a bit longer. :)

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I just want a 13" 8c/16t 32gb 2in1. I don't need to game. I just wanna do vm on the go

Yeah, that is my dream too. Cpu and gpu which can handle full hd around 144fps on every game with high details....
Ain't gonna happen. By the time we get enough bandwidth (DDR5) and better igpus, games will be developed for xsx/ps5, so they'll need a higher tier gpu for proper playability on PCs.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
They wouldent just target the consoles
They most likley aim to make it playable on the most standard pc hardware
1060 1080p 16g ram 4c/8th ect
Ain't gonna happen. By the time we get enough bandwidth (DDR5) and better igpus, games will be developed for xsx/ps5, so they'll need a higher tier gpu for proper playability on PCs

It's strange,

The ThinkBook 16p was announced first back in CES 2021 and it comes with 5000H series APU, and now they're having it in these Ryzen Pro slides which do not have any H series APU's, only 15-W U series APU's

The ThinkBook 16p also is supposed to be released in Q1 this year (which means this month max), but now this press release mentions Q2, what a mess. I know it's a business-oriented product as all Think* laptops are so they're meant to have a Ryzen Pro APU, but again, it's a creator Laptop with H series APU, and the Ryzen Pro is U series only. Can anyone here or from Lenovo just confirm at least the launch window for this?