• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Launches Radeon RX 6700 XT AORUS Elite Graphics Card

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of premium gaming hardware, today announced new AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card - AORUS Radeon RX 6700 XT ELITE 12G, powered by AMD RDNA2 gaming architecture. Inheriting the last-gen RGB three-ring design and light effect, the light source guides light internally so that it creates a brighter and natural RGB light effect. Thereby achieving a wonderful balance between cooling and RGB lights.

AORUS Radeon RX 6700 XT ELITE not only keeps the design spirit of the last-gen, but also has a distinct product recognition in the hardware industry, perfectly expressing the art of gaming, and once again remixes the classic style. Furthermore, gamers have more DOF (degree of freedom) to mix unique RGB lights, customizing with up to 8 kinds of color patterns on the "Dazzling" light effect via RGB Fusion 2.0 software.

AORUS Radeon RX 6700 XT ELITE adopts the GIGABYTE WINDFORCE 3X cooling system, features three unique blade fans, alternate spinning, composite copper heat pipes in direct contact with the GPU, 3D active fans and Screen cooling that work together to provide efficient heat dissipation. These cooling technologies keep the graphics card running at a low, resulting in higher and more stable performance. The middle fan spins in reverse to optimize airflow for heat dissipation, enabling more efficient performance. Screen cooling extends the heatsink to allow air flow to pass through, providing better heat dissipation, and avoids the heat accumulation.

AORUS graphics cards stand for premium quality. It utilizes the graphene nano-lubricant, which can extend fan life by 2.1 times, delivering nearly the lifespan of the double ball bearing systems while providing quiet operation. AORUS graphics cards use a multi-phase power supply design to allow the MOSFET to operate at lower temperature with over-temperature protection design and load balancing for each MOSFET, plus Ultra Durable certified chokes and capacitors to provide excellent performance and longer system life. The metal back plate not only strengthens the overall structure of the graphics card, but also prevents the PCB from bending or sustaining damage. The power indicator will alert gamers by flashing light when experiencing any power supply abnormality.

AORUS upholds product quality to the highest standards and provides customers with a 4-year product warranty (online registration required within 30 days of purchase) so that customers can enjoy the ultimate gaming excitement with peace of mind.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
If availability is low as is, what is the purpose of all these different models for GPU's people can't buy?

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
^ Dat money, baby! :pimp:

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5800x
Motherboard B550i Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Custom Cooling
Memory 32Gb Patriot Viper 3600 RGB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ventus Trio OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO
Display(s) Specterpro 34uw100
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
They dish out a lot of RGB devices to make things look pretty but their RGB fusion is crap. These companies dish out a lot of these bright and shiny things in their market slides but you can't even control them easily.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
^ Dat money, baby! :pimp:
That only would make sense if the cards were available. Which they are not. So money isn't being made, or very little of it. Unless these go directly to miners and scalpers and not retail.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
They dish out a lot of RGB devices to make things look pretty but their RGB fusion is crap. These companies dish out a lot of these bright and shiny things in their market slides but you can't even control them easily.
RGB market has existed for like years, yet even giant PC companies still cannot figure out how to make a good RGB software.
I have gigabyte motherboard, and yes, their RGB fusion software is atrocious. The newest version consumes too much RAM I decided to stay with the old version just for the sake of changing color theme once in a while.
Next time I build PC I won't care about RGB component at all. Just magnetic non addressable RGB strip for interior lighting will do just fine.
In terms of RGB control software, I think Logitech is the only company that nails it with their Gaming Software (not G-Hub), it's light, easy to use, no account needed, the best user experience imo.

Regardless, this RGB implementation looks so cheap.

D

Deleted member 206429

RGB market has existed for like years, yet even giant PC companies still cannot figure out how to make a good RGB software.
I have gigabyte motherboard, and yes, their RGB fusion software is atrocious. The newest version consumes too much RAM I decided to stay with the old version just for the sake of changing color theme once in a while.
Next time I build PC I won't care about RGB component at all. Just magnetic non addressable RGB strip for interior lighting will do just fine.
In terms of RGB control software, I think Logitech is the only company that nails it with their Gaming Software (not G-Hub), it's light, easy to use, no account needed, the best user experience imo.

Regardless, this RGB implementation looks so cheap.

Corsair's rgb ecosystem is the best even with how buggy icue still is. Best in market customization and flexibility by FAR. Cons? Yeah it sucks its limited to Corsair products and Asus mobos but that limitation allows them to express the concept in the best form currently possible, along the same lines of Apple being in control of hardware and software of their phones, and we all can see what kind of impressive results come from this

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Corsair's rgb ecosystem is the best even with how buggy icue still is. Best in market customization and flexibility by FAR. Cons? Yeah it sucks its limited to Corsair products and Asus mobos but that limitation allows them to express the concept in the best form currently possible, along the same lines of Apple being in control of hardware and software of their phones, and we all can see what kind of impressive results come from this

You forgot to mention how it also eats up around 1.15 GB of storage space, which is by far the biggest con for me.

And I agree Giga's RGB Fusion software blows the hardest out of all the board makers RGB software. MSI's isn't far behind, mainly because you need to also install their Dragon Center bloatware in order to use Mystic Light. I'm running Asrock's Polychrome Sync and, while it could definitely be better, it's not total garbage. The stand alone Asus Aura (not Armoury Crate) software is still tops in my book though. Loved how I could change each individual LED in my ram sticks, rather than change the whole stick to one color.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
RGB should get their own goddamn open standard for operation and control or be erased from the face of the planet. Why the hell does a set of shiny colored lights have to be proprietary?

That only would make sense if the cards were available. Which they are not. So money isn't being made, or very little of it. Unless these go directly to miners and scalpers and not retail.
Well, someone said that cards are being intercepted by miners... didn't provide a reliable source, so it might as well be FUD, but one can't help but give that theory a bit of consideration.

D

Deleted member 205776

I hate how this thing looks. I don't know why but I do.

RGB should get their own goddamn open standard for operation and control or be erased from the face of the planet. Why the hell does a set of shiny colored lights have to be proprietary?
Amen. I don't want 30 different RGB software. Let me control everything from one piece of software that isn't bloated and that doesn't have the functionality of a fork in soup.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
iCue is decent, but as @Gmr_Chick said below, this the biggest con for me too.. 1 GB for just RGB software is just not right. And I already concerned about how many RGB softwares in my PC just to change color. Currently have Logitech Gaming Software, Gigabyte's Fusion, Steelseries Engine. I had Sapphire's TriXXX before, and then Mystic light for my 1080 Ti, but just changing 1 strip of color doesnt feel worth it, so I uninstalled it and left the lighting to default.

Razer's is also decent, if only it didn't require an account.

You forgot to mention how it also eats up around 1.15 GB of storage space, which is by far the biggest con for me.

Totally agree with you

D

Deleted member 206429

Is your computer from 2004? Im trying to wrap my head around 1.15 gb of storage space being an issue in 2021

Amen. I don't want 30 different RGB software. Let me control everything from one piece of software that isn't bloated and that doesn't have the functionality of a fork in soup.
1 GB for just RGB software is just not right. And I already concerned about how many RGB softwares in my PC just to change color. Currently have Logitech Gaming Software, Gigabyte's Fusion, Steelseries Engine. I had Sapphire's TriXXX before, and then Mystic light for my 1080 Ti, but just changing 1 strip of color doesnt feel worth it, so I uninstalled it and left the lighting to default.

??? I literally only use ONE rgb software program to control everything, icue.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
D

Deleted member 206429

The one software others try to avoid.

Well yeah that isnt surprising if you dont own Corsair products nor know that you can use third party RGB products with a specific cable adapter to make it work.

D

Deleted member 205776

Would be nice if we needed no adapters. Would be nice if every RGB light in your PC could be controllable by one software that isn't bloated with useless crap and just works. The perils I've had with RGB software make me want to have a full black build sometimes.

D

Deleted member 206429

Would be nice if we needed no adapters. Would be nice if every RGB light in your PC could be controllable by one software that isn't bloated with useless crap and just works. The perils I've had with RGB software make me want to have a full black build sometimes.

If you cant afford a couple of $3 adapters I'm not sure why youre lighting your case in the first place??

Explain to me whats bloated about icue? The massive amount of lighting macros a problem? The fact that its a monitoring software as well? Or how about that you control all your keyboard and mouse macros along with DPI from it??????

It must be the thousands upon thousands of custom lighting commands that exist that you have an issue with. I hear ya, why have a graphic calculator when you can have a basic one with only 10 buttons???

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 205776

Needing more than one software to change the lights on my parts is already a bad sign. I'm moving away from lighting my case for that reason. I don't care how versatile iCUE is. I keep all my lights on one color. Rainbow puke makes ME puke.

It's not a matter of affording it, literally everyone can. It's a matter of "why the hell do I even need this in the first place? why not standardize RGB?" but you keep missing the point.

D

Deleted member 206429

Needing more than one software to change the lights on my parts is already a bad sign. I'm moving away from lighting my case for that reason. I don't care how versatile iCUE is. I keep all my lights on one color. Rainbow puke makes ME puke.

It's not a matter of affording it, literally everyone can. It's a matter of "why the hell do I even need this in the first place? why not standardize RGB?" but you keep missing the point.

Whats so hard to understand? I only use ONE piece of software to control ALL of my rgb, icue. Also why do you assume that rainbow is the only color people use for RGB?

Beyond that, it sounds like you half-assed your attempt at rgb, it looks like crap, and now youre blaming the hardware/software instead of your lack of sound planning and wise decision making.

D

Deleted member 205776

Half-assed? RGB wasn't the main focus of my rig. And I personally love how my rig looks - lighting on it is not overdone and stealthy, unlike 99% of builds.

When did I say Rainbow was the only thing people used? Stop putting words in my mouth. It was only my opinion towards such "gamer" builds.

Once again, talk to me when you need no adapters. That's the point I'm trying to make, and the point you keep ignoring -- if everything was plug and play, no adapters required, and controlled by a single software, then RGB would actually be compelling for once.

What's wrong with the idea of standardized RGB, where you need no adapters or 30 different species of bloatware in order to control it? iCUE is not enough, and needs work. OpenRGB looks good, but that also needs work.

D

Deleted member 206429

Half-assed? RGB wasn't the main focus of my rig. And I personally love how my rig looks - lighting on it is not overdone and stealthy, unlike 99% of builds.

When did I say Rainbow was the only thing people used? Stop putting words in my mouth. It was only my opinion towards such "gamer" builds.

Once again, talk to me when you need no adapters. That's the point I'm trying to make, and the point you keep ignoring -- if everything was plug and play, no adapters required, and controlled by a single software, then RGB would actually be compelling for once.

What's wrong with the idea of standardized RGB, where you need no adapters or 30 different species of bloatware in order to control it? iCUE is not enough, and needs work. OpenRGB looks good, but that also needs work.

You literally just said in a post before that youre moving away from lights but yet you love the way it looks? Consistent much?

Rainbow was your example as why not to use lights not mine. Why would I use a single color profile as an example when everyone that actually understands how RGB works knows there are millions of colors available? Youre trying to create a fake narrative using 'rainbow' and 'gamer' to justify your non-existent point.

There is an option, its called using Corsair's RGB products. If you do not want to spend the money for the convenience then you resign yourself to the hell of confusion that you are complaining about. I, myself, do not worry about the issue you take umbrage with; my mobo, ram, fans, led strips, amd prism cooler, mouse, keyboard all show up on icue (one software application). Its great, worry free, more customizable then I'll ever need, and I only need one piece of software to run it all :).

There is also zero reason for any of these companies to create an open standard for RGB and its connections. Theyre trying to make money, not friends.

D

Deleted member 205776

You literally just said in a post before that youre moving away from lights but yet you love the way it looks
Yeah, I love the way I have 5% lighting and 95% PC in my case. Moving away is still valid. My next build may have no RGB at all. If you have trouble following that's not my problem.

Rainbow was your example as why not to use lights not mine.
For the love of all that is holy, I wasn't trying to tell anyone how to use their lighting, that's subjective.

There is an option, its called using Corsair's RGB products.
Corsair's RGB products aren't the greatest, namely fans -- there are much better, cheaper and quieter options. Those other options may also be RGB. But have fun connecting them to Corsair's software. That's where the trouble and unnecessary extra cable routing begins.

There is also zero reason for any of these companies to create an open standard for RGB and its connections. Theyre trying to make money, not friends.
Very well, so I shall continue to set the few lights that I have, then proceed to uninstall their software which probably only exists to collect data anyway. Don't need bloatware in my system.
Can we get back on topic now? Tired of threads derailing into pointless arguments, experiencing it daily on this site. Feel free to talk to hm, nobody, I won't waste my time with this anymore.

---

This GPU doesn't strike my fancy, there are better looking cards, even Gigabyte cards, with or without RGB. Not like it exists anyway. You'll be lucky if Gigabyte sends you a paper cutout of a GPU.

D

Deleted member 206429

Yeah, I love the way I have 5% lighting and 95% PC in my case. Moving away is still valid. My next build may have no RGB at all. If you have trouble following that's not my problem.

I dont remember anyone asking you for the reasons why you light your case? You put your foot in your mouth, not me; moving the goal posts farther back every time to justify what youre trying to say.

For the love of all that is holy, I wasn't trying to tell anyone how to use their lighting, that's subjective.

You literally generalized that the whole group of people that use RGB only use the rainbow setting and only buy 'gaming' products.

Corsair's RGB products aren't the greatest, namely fans -- there are much better, cheaper and quieter options. Those other options may also be RGB. But have fun connecting them to Corsair's software. That's where the trouble and unnecessary extra cable routing begins.

I live in the real world. In the real world it doesnt matter if a fan is 10% better than another one, why? Bc I dont notice a 2db change or a 1C change in temperature. I care about convenience, product quality, customer service, warranties, etc not e-peen. No one actually cares that you have the 'best performing' fans in the 'best performing' case with the 'best performing' components, in the real world there is a thing called nuance.

Very well, so I shall continue to set the few lights that I have, then proceed to uninstall their software which probably only exists to collect data anyway. Don't need bloatware in my system.
Can we get back on topic now? Tired of threads derailing into pointless arguments, experiencing it daily on this site. Feel free to talk to hm, nobody, I won't waste my time with this anymore.

I won this discussion posts ago.......

Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
There is an option, its called using Corsair's RGB products. If you do not want to spend the money for the convenience then you resign yourself to the hell of confusion that you are complaining about. I, myself, do not worry about the issue you take umbrage with; my mobo, ram, fans, led strips, amd prism cooler, mouse, keyboard all show up on icue (one software application). Its great, worry free, more customizable then I'll ever need, and I only need one piece of software to run it all :).

You're exactly the type Corsair wants - a sheep who is oblivious to the fact greener pastures (better/cheaper options) exist all around him, the fence gate is wide open...and yet? The sheep ultimately stays.

Let's be clear, it's not only Corsair that does this. Asus is another prime example. And both companies are no doubt the worst offenders as far as the whole "walled garden" is concerned. Asus, however, would get my money before Corsair (and I say this as an owner of a Corsair AIO and a Commander PRO) for the simple fact that Aura is no where near as bloated as iCUE.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
??? I literally only use ONE rgb software program to control everything, icue.

*facepalm

You're exactly the type Corsair wants - a sheep who is oblivious to the fact greener pastures (better/cheaper options) exist all around him, the fence gate is wide open...and yet? The sheep ultimately stays.
EXACTLY, thank you for saying it right.