• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Launches New High-Resolution 2021 Monitor Lineup

Samsung Electronics today announced its new full lineup of 2021 High-Resolution monitors. This year's portfolio delivers life-like picture quality and enhanced convenience with advanced ergonomic design, making it the perfect complement for any workspace or at-home setup. Designed to meet the needs of today's businesses and consumers who require excellent picture quality and comfortable, ergonomic design, Samsung offers 12 different High-Resolution monitors across three series - the S8, S7 and S6. All models deliver more than 1 billion colors for a vivid and vibrant image, enhanced by HDR 10 technology. The displays feature color vividness and clarity through a 178-degree wide viewing angle designed for professional work environments, delivering an uncompromising viewing experience from any angle.

Additionally, all monitors are Intelligent Eye Care certified from TÜV Rheinland, the first in the industry to receive this recognition. Adaptive Picture eye care technology optimizes picture quality for any viewing environment by automatically adjusting brightness and color temperature in response to room conditions. This ensures the most comfortable viewing experience in any environment, reducing eye strain even after extended use. The monitors also feature a special eye-saver mode to reduce blue light emissions which can cause eye strain, and Flicker Free, protecting the user's eyes from any flickering on the screen.

The lineup has also been acknowledged for energy efficiency thanks to Eco Saving Plus technology, in addition to receiving the Swedish Confederation Of Professional Employees (TCO) display certification for next-gen sustainable products, the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) ecolabel certification for electronic products, and an Energy Star certification for energy-saving products. Eco Saving Plus technology reduces up to 10% of power consumption by adjusting the brightness of black sections automatically while maintaining bright and vivid picture quality.

S8: Superior Visuals and Ergonomic Design

As the flagship model in the High-Resolution monitor lineup, the S8 is packed with key features for both businesses and creative professionals. This model provides Ultra-High Definition (UHD) resolution and is available in 27- and 32-inch options. In addition to supporting UHD and over 1 billion colors, the S8 delivers a 99% sRGB color gamut for users to enjoy more vivid content.

The S8 is capable of blazing fast 10 Gbps data transmission through its USB-C type port, while the S80UA specifically offers up to 90 W charging. The S8 also provides a variety of connectivity features including USB 3.0 and a USB hub to provide enhanced usability and versatility. The flat borderless design maximizes comfort and minimizes distractions while enabling near-seamless dual-monitor setups. Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mount compatibility and Height Adjustable Stand (HAS) offer a variety of tilt, swivel and pivot control points, allowing users to mount their monitor in any environment. The slim metal stand and narrow depth also take up less desk space for a cleaner, seamless work setup.

S7 & S6: Simple and Seamless for Any Setup

Like the S8, the S7 series delivers UHD resolution in 27- and 32-inch sizes, with ultra-slim stand, 178-degree wide viewing angle panel and vibrant color gamut. The virtually borderless design empowers users to stay focused on their work, supported by a convenient tilting function.

The S6 series is available in 34-, 32-, 27- and 24-inch sizes, supporting not only QHD (2,560×1,440) resolution, but also PBP (Picture By Picture) and PIP (Picture In Picture) features, enabling users to multitask effortlessly and efficiently. The S60UA monitors not only support Daisy Chain technology, allowing extended multiple screen and screen reproduction, but also LAN cable (RJ45 compatibility), transforming the monitor into a Docking Station Hub. Built-in Wake On Lan (WOL) functionality allows the connected computer to be powered on remotely from another device.

The S65UA 34-inch monitor in Ultra-Wide Quad High-Definition (UWQHD) offers a 1000R curvature, further enhancing productivity with a 21:9 aspect ratio for optimal multi-tasking. The S6 series is also supported by customizable swivel, tilt and rotation functionality, allowing users to find their perfect viewing angle as they can swivel the screen and even rotate between portrait and landscape modes.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
That post would be half the size if they cut the crap and just showed the facts.
That's all I want to see, the specifications.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
That post would be half the size if they cut the crap and just showed the facts.
But then why would companies have to hire people to write these kind of eloquent press releases?

Great, now produce the GPUs that are needed for people to actually use these high resolution monitors.

And Samsung doesnt publish power specification for the monitors what a joke of PR and product page.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
I'd like to try Samsung's utrawide, this one looks sleek. But their aggressive curve really turns me off.
I hope LG doesn't follow them.

System Name CyberMania
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
Motherboard GB AORUS PRO AC B550
Cooling CM HYPER212 TURBO ARGB
Memory XPG D50 DDR4-3600 16X 2
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE AMD RX580
Storage XPG M.2 NVME SPECTRIX D40 512GB 2TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" T55 Curved Monitor
Case CM ELITE 430
Audio Device(s) REALTEK HD
Power Supply CM WME GOLD 650WATT
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 2021
I'd like to try Samsung's utrawide, this one looks sleek. But their aggressive curve really turns me off.
curve nice when you use for sometimes............

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

I've managed to unsee the curve on my Gigabyte 34 inch UW. Takes a month or two. Then it's almost exclusively a pro, not a con. You do have the real estate, two windows side by side in full height, and gaming immersion is really helped with the curve.

Also, if you use the panel for productivity you usually do split the screen in half with two windows, which means you're turning towards a virtually 'flat half' of the screen, or, put differently, only half the curvature covers the window width, so the distortion is very limited.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 5, BIOS F51h
Cooling MSI Core Frozr L
Memory 32GB 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Trio
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB + 3TB 7.2k + 4TB 5.4k
Display(s) LG 34UC99 3440x1440 75Hz + LG 24MP88HM
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Galaxy Silver
Audio Device(s) Edifier XM6PF 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G3
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Lite Stormtrooper Edition
curve nice when you use for sometimes............
I've managed to unsee the curve on my Gigabyte 34 inch UW. Takes a month or two. Then it's almost exclusively a pro, not a con. You do have the real estate, two windows side by side in full height, and gaming immersion is really helped with the curve.

Also, if you use the panel for productivity you usually do split the screen in half with two windows, which means you're turning towards a virtually 'flat half' of the screen, or, put differently, only half the curvature covers the window width, so the distortion is very limited.
It's not like I hate curve monitor. For ultrawide, curve is necessary in my opinion for the best viewing experience. I'm using LG 34UC99 with 1900R curve, and I love it so much. I can take 1800R at maximum.

But since years ago Samsung has been trying to implement more aggressive curve compared to others, first with 1500R, now with 1000R, this what turns me off since straight horizontal lines looks so distorted with 1500R and it will affect my work so much. I'm so glad LG is still sticking with 1900R even with their latest model.

No one that cares about colour gives a toss about sRGB, what is aRGB, DCI-P3 and Rec 2020 coverage, what is colour accuracy? Are these actually suitable as pro monitors?

It's not like I hate curve monitor. For ultrawide, curve is necessary in my opinion for the best viewing experience. I'm using LG 34UC99 with 1900R curve, and I love it so much. I can take 1800R at maximum.

But since years ago Samsung has been trying to implement more aggressive curve compared to others, first with 1500R, now with 1000R, this what turns me off since straight horizontal lines looks so distorted with 1500R and it will affect my work so much. I'm so glad LG is still sticking with 1900R even with their latest model.

True, I really loves their 49" series, but it's just too "ultra wide" and the extreme curve makes adds more to it... I hope they have a 38" version of it with regular 21:9 or 21:10 ultra wide with the same spec. or at least true 600nits and 144Hz to lower it's price too to a more reasonable price, like $1000~1199 max.