• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Sign of the Times: Hong Kong Authorities Dismantle Smuggling Operation... Which Included 300 NVIDIA CMP Cards

I will have to repeat myself one more time I guess :
Gold or other precious materials have been used for longer, which takes me to one of my favorite quotes ever on TV ~

Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.

If you think money is power ~ then it's more powerful for you than say someone who doesn't believe money (or influence) is power for them.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
Holy crap....that's what the Matrix movie was all about. Plugged in humans were actually just GPUs....

Microsoft will be the reason why AI will take over because of their work on making human bodies to mine crypto.... https://www.pcmag.com/news/microsoft-patent-describes-tracking-brain-activity-to-mine-cryptocurrency

The machines took over because they wanted human bodies to be used to mine cryptocurrency. That's why people were grown in fields...the whole idea that the machines needed humans to power them was all a lie! They needed humans to mine cryptocurrencies!

Once humans got "unplugged" from the system the machines were scared they would find a way to mine cryptocurrency as they hacked into the Matrix. The machines were only defending their cryptofarms, keeping the unplugged humans from taking more of their "GPUs".

Agent Smith was simply a hijacking piece of code that got into the mining system and was systematically disrupting crypto hash rate (think Nvidia's drivers that halves the hash rate).

Pretty soon the machines realized they were on a losing battle, their crypto farms have been hijacked and having to fight the unplugged humans while trying to regain control of their farms, they were on a losing battle. They begrudgingly came to a truce at the end with the unplugged humans to save themselves from their own destruction and loss of all their cryptocurrency.

Are we real or is this part of a Matrix? Well, we'll eventually get there when tech advances enough to make "human labor" almost worthless!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Haha, sorry. World ain't black and white like that buddy.
No but it damn well should be.

This is where humans fail at large. Principles matter... but not for ourselves. I think the recent US administration spelled that out quite handily, and they reap what they sow. Its a race to the bottom like that and we're running it, or perhaps ran it, who knows.

Holy crap....that's what the Matrix movie was all about. Plugged in humans were actually just GPUs....

Microsoft will be the reason why AI will take over because of their work on making human bodies to mine crypto.... https://www.pcmag.com/news/microsoft-patent-describes-tracking-brain-activity-to-mine-cryptocurrency

The machines took over because they wanted human bodies to be used to mine cryptocurrency. That's why people were grown in fields...the whole idea that the machines needed humans to power them was all a lie! They needed humans to mine cryptocurrencies!

Once humans got "unplugged" from the system the machines were scared they would find a way to mine cryptocurrency as they hacked into the Matrix. The machines were only defending their cryptofarms, keeping the unplugged humans from taking more of their "GPUs".

Agent Smith was simply a hijacking piece of code that got into the mining system and was systematically disrupting crypto hash rate (think Nvidia's drivers that halves the hash rate).

Pretty soon the machines realized they were on a losing battle, their crypto farms have been hijacked and having to fight the unplugged humans while trying to regain control of their farms, they were on a losing battle. They begrudgingly came to a truce at the end with the unplugged humans to save themselves from their own destruction and loss of all their cryptocurrency.

Plugged in humans you say?

Last I checked, Facebook started mining medical data through VR headsets.
Crypto is just a distraction to keep us attached. Bread and games - its all there.

Our story-focused brains want a bad guy; something/someone to blame. So the culprit keeps shifting based on whatever hypothesis managed to get traction this week. Like basically anything else, it's a confluence of factors. In this case, we have: production issues, supply chain disruptions, historically high consumer demand, a crypto boom, and probably more I'm forgetting.

In a way, it's kind of like the TP/bogroll shortage in the US at the beginning of the pandemic. Nobody was pooping more, but a few (relatively speaking) people panicked and bought way more than they needed. This helped spur a LOT of people to buy a little more than they needed. Since supply chains are so heavily optimized, stock got wiped out pretty quickly, so suddenly almost everyone's grabbing some as soon as it came on the shelf, so said shelves were always empty. Eventually enough folks got their supply to what they considered a comfortable level, so supply leveled out and it's been perfectly easy for awhile now to get as much TP as you like, whenever you like. Lather, rinse, repeat with hand sanitizer, liquid soap, flour, yeast, paper towels and now canning supplies.

Each factor is only part of the story. It's likely true that without the crypto craze, things wouldn't be as bad as they are, but I'd wager we'd still be seeing higher-than-MSRP pricing. As far as individual culpability in this whole debacle, one can look at it like this: I'm not going to vilify or scold anyone for running Nicehash to make a few $REGIONALCURRENCY. However, to claim one's participation isn't contributing at all is a bit like saying marine pollution isn't your fault because you only throw one bottle in the ocean a year. Confession time: I'm arguing with myself about whether or not to grab some BTC/ETH at the next ... crash, for lack of a better word. Pricing seems to follow a curve roughly shaped like a rising sawtooth wave, so it seems like a pretty decent bet. But then I'm also fueling the fire.

Tinfoil hat moment: A not-implausible theory is that some Russian and Chinese operations are state-sponsored as part of a strategy to get the world off of USD as a reserve currency.

I get that, but Global Semiconductor publishes a paper saying there's 14.9% more sales Feb-to-Feb (that's Revenue, not Volume), which doesn't really translate into paper launches, the way it has done for the GPU makers.

Oh well. Here's to the 2022 re-launch of the GTX 1650!

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
I get that, but Global Semiconductor publishes a paper saying there's 14.9% more sales Feb-to-Feb (that's Revenue, not Volume), which doesn't really translate into paper launches, the way it has done for the GPU makers.

Oh well. Here's to the 2022 re-launch of the GTX 1650!

I'm not disagreeing with you, and should probably do a better job of presenting a thesis statement or something when making posts like those. :p I quoted your post more for context than anything, while trying to address the discussion as a whole.

Anyway, you very well could be right, and have clearly done some research while I'm over here speculating based on mere observation.

To heck with 1650s. Why isn't AMD flooding the market with Polaris?

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Anybody that mines is contributing to the mining craze which in turn encourages more to dip their toes in.
well, technically the more people that mine, the faster coins will be mined, increasing difficulty to mine the next coin, making it less profitable and therefore less desirable... In a miners perfect world, they would be the only one doing it. So @R-T-B and @DeathtoGnomes are actually doing us all a favor to help bring the shortages to an end sooner! :toast: (glass half full? I dunno if that's how it actually works, but it sounded good :D)
Yeah, the authorities never consider something like what you just described can happen :clap:
reminds me of a will smith movie, Focus.
Yea I think this was also covered near the beginning of Narcos Season 1 Episode 1. Perhaps Agent Murphy is "the guy he works with".... Agent Peña, is that you??! :eek:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
well, technically the more people that mine, the faster coins will be mined, increasing difficulty to mine the next coin, making it less profitable and therefore less desirable... In a miners perfect world, they would be the only one doing it. So @R-T-B and @DeathtoGnomes are actually doing us all a favor to help bring the shortages to an end sooner!

I don't know much about mining but I have wondered about this from time to time. If the next coin is more difficult (costly to mine) than the previous one then wouldn't mining be destined to be a failure eventually? Why would the creators of crypto-currency do that?

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410
I don't know much about mining but I have wondered about this from time to time. If the next coin is more difficult (costly to mine) than the previous one then wouldn't mining be destined to be a failure eventually? Why would the creators of crypto-currency do that?

Inflation control. If coins are too easy to mine, it devalues the currency. If not enough or none are produced, DEflation becomes a problem. That's why we're off the gold standard.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Inflation control. If coins are too easy to mine, it devalues the currency. If not enough or none are produced, DEflation becomes a problem. That's why we're off the gold standard.

The real reason we are off the gold standard is because the amount of currency that could be churned out by backing it with gold was too little. It's the opposite of crypto-currency in that regard.

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410
The real reason we are off the gold standard is because the amount of currency that could be churned out by backing it with gold was too little. It's the opposite of crypto-currency in that regard.

Right. I... think we're mostly saying the same thing? With crypto, my understanding was that the difficulty curve was supposed to be leveled out by time, adoption rate and advancing computing power. More can be produced, but hypothetically at a rate that circumvents both inflation and deflation issues. But history is littered with clever things created by smart people that went sideways when running against human and social factors that said smart person didn't anticipate or understand.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
printing machines go brrrrr.. dollars are easy to mine.. much easier than crypto... figure that one out..

trog

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 64G G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
In manufacturing ANYTHING can disappear without a trace. All it takes is the right people involved in the scam to pull it off. I'm not going to go into details other than to say my knowledge is from personal experiences many years ago. I grew up in the world of crime and parted ways with it over 40+ years ago. Absolutely nothing surprises me when it comes to criminal ingenuity.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
In manufacturing ANYTHING can disappear without a trace. All it takes is the right people involved in the scam to pull it off. I'm not going to go into details other than to say my knowledge is from personal experiences many years ago. I grew up in the world of crime and parted ways with it over 40+ years ago. Absolutely nothing surprises me when it comes to criminal ingenuity.
Probably along the same lines as this large scale theft where goods were written off as waste.
250 metric tons of salmon, at least 800 kilograms a day.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
No but it damn well should be.
No, it really shouldn't. There is no substitute for understanding the issues you want to critique.

To be clear if anyone actually read my mining series to conclusion it was not designed to promote mining. It was designed to show it's low wage menial work.

I don't know who could walk away from that series thinking "f yeah man, this is for me"

Before that I mined without promoting it at all on part time cards that also gamed. I do not get how that contributes to anything. If you told me I could not mine, I would have had the same number of cards to game anyways.

Dumb concept is dumb, sorry. I get you guys are salty. I am too. It's why I do not mine period anymore. But have your logic and facts straight if you are going to hate on something. There is plenty to hate without bringing one card miners trying to save up for a scalper 3000 series price into this. Leave the bloody victims that are just trying to adapt alone.

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i know one thing mr frog.. if graphics could be bought at a much lower price there would be an awful lot more gamer miners and every single one of them would be saying how wonderful it was.. the only thing thats limiting the amount of small time miners is the high cost of the hardware to mine with..

i mine but only because i am prepared to pay the high cost of the hardware.. most would be miners are not.. which suits me because the more miners there are the less the rewards for me..

some things just are..

trog

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Before that I mined without promoting it at all on part time cards that also gamed. I do not get how that contributes to anything. If you told me I could not mine, I would have had the same number of cards to game anyways.

Dumb concept is dumb, sorry. I get you guys are salty. I am too. It's why I do not mine period anymore. But have your logic and facts straight if you are going to hate on something. There is plenty to hate without bringing one card miners trying to save up for a scalper 3000 series price into this. Leave the bloody victims that are just trying to adapt alone.
Not salty, just aware that mining contributes to consumption of more power, and the why not attitude draws more people into mining, because everyone else is doing it. The impetus is greed, the thought of more money, there's nothing altruistic about it.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Guys, this is more simple that you thought.
ALL of those cards are declared faulty (even if they are not) by "key" people and then instead of being decommissioned, are put in "special" crates, and the rest is history...
So if they do a thorough investigation they can really find the responsible persons...

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 64G G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
Guys, this is more simple that you thought.
ALL of those cards are declared faulty (even if they are not) by "key" people and then instead of being decommissioned, are put in "special" crates, and the rest is history...
So if they do a thorough investigation they can really find the responsible persons...
Depending upon who's in on the scam it's even more simple than that. Faulty cards would have to be accounted for; off the books production runs when done properly leave no trails behind. The line workers would never know or suspect any wrongdoing. Also, pulling 10-20 of them at a time multiple times over an extended period and not including them in a final assembly count (and not assigning serial numbers to them) would be another foolproof method of diverting inventory.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
the only thing thats limiting the amount of small time miners is the high
Which is due entirely to miner "whales"

My point in a nutshell.

Not salty, just aware that mining contributes to consumption of more power, and the why not attitude draws more people into mining, because everyone else is doing it. The impetus is greed, the thought of more money, there's nothing altruistic about it.
You could use this same argument against overclocking.

"Why not get more performance for free?!"

Because performance per watt suffers, etc.

You could argue minings impact is larger and you may be right, but I'm not certain you are at all when you consider only "gaming/single-gpu miners"

Also, most gaming miners don't really promote what they are doing, it's just a way to adapt to sucky times.

Last edited: