• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Turtle Beach Recon 70 Gaming Headset Now Available in Arctic Camo

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Leading gaming audio and accessory brand Turtle Beach (NASDAQ: HEAR) today announced the latest colorway for the Company's best-selling Recon 70 gaming headset. The all-new Recon 70 Arctic Camo is available now at www.turtlebeach.com and at select retailers in participating territories. The new Arctic Camo is the 10th Recon 70 color option made available for gamers to choose from, each one delivering the immersive sound and lightweight comfort gamers expect from Turtle Beach. Powerful 40 mm over-ear speakers, crystal-clear mic performance, leatherette-wrapped cushions, and multiplatform functionality with Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC and mobile devices, plus a MSRP of $39.95 make the Recon 70 an easy choice for gamers looking for a new, affordable headset.

"Our Recon 70 series gaming headsets have sat atop or near the top of every monthly sales leaderboard since their launch in April 2019, making them the Company's best-selling headsets across multiple platforms. Continuing to add more options to this award-winning product is important for us and our fans," said Juergen Stark, Chairman and CEO, Turtle Beach. "With the new consoles still on backorder and remote learning in place, the Recon 70 Arctic Camo and its other colorway options are perfect choices for gamers looking for a new high-quality gaming headset for less than $40."

The Recon 70 series gaming headsets come in the widest variety of colors of any headset on the market. The Xbox and PlayStation models are available in both black or white with green and blue accents, respectively, while the Nintendo Switch version has a black frame with signature red accents. Also available at participating retailers, in addition to the just-announced Recon 70 Arctic Camo, is a unique Recon 70 Midnight Red version for PS5 |PS4, along with Recon 70 Silver, Recon 70 Blue and Recon 70 Green Camo versions. All the Recon 70 colors are compatible with all game systems, PCs, and mobile devices that accept a standard 3.5 mm jack.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
I never purchased a headset based on colors! It has always been on sheer performance and sound quality. Arctic Camo and part of 70 color options for gamers, what a bunch of nonsense. But the cheap price point for an Artic experience I guess appeals to a lot of kids along with RGB blink to perhaps enhance the performance of other associated hardware. Of course this is good $$$ news for Turtle Beach as they do not improve on their existing product lines, but in many instances just simply slapping another coat of paint on their products. I actually overheard a bunch of high school kids asking a 'computer show' seller if RGB will improve the temperature of a AIO. It was the answer which made me turned around towards the dealer who vigorously shook his head and said: "Oh yes it has always been like this. No AIO purchase should ever be made without RGB."

D

Deleted member 205776

Yes I'd love to blend in AND listen to my fire mixtape to keep me warm in the middle of the arctic.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
I will never again buy a headset with that cheap plastic headband. The one on my last Turtle Beach headset broke where the headband connects to the speaker. You can tell where it will snap on these just by looking at that picture. You can't be careful enough with it, like it's designed to break.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W
Look at drivers, yep, the same 40mm cheap crap.