• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA to Introduce a New GeForce RTX 3060 GPU SKU with Ethereum Mining Limiter

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I doubt these people are reporting and paying any taxes on the profits they made, let alone open a company and it paying taxes and dues like all the other stores must. So probably not just people but tax evaders as well.
Sure you can sell your old GPU in the second hand market, but if you buy and sell new stuff with the express reason to make money of such trades you are basically a store - unregistered, and not paying taxes, while your clients are not protected with the consumer protection laws since you are officialy not a store.
Payment processors dont have to send a Form 1099-k until the client reaches $20k in transactions and/or 200 items sold. Each state can have their own reporting amount, some leave it the same while others are much lower.

Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, is an IRS information return used to report certain payment transactions to improve voluntary tax compliance

People who get lots of tips in cash also dont report lots of their earnings. Lets all audit them, lets see how much they really make and report. Dont think that cash resellers are not the only ones who dont report their full revenue.

Then sell them at MSRP and they wouldn't have to.

It's the whole nonsense story of one person being able to buy more than one GPU without pre-arranging this at the manufacturer. If they made it so, that only 1 card per customer could be gotten via; ID, Address, Cell No. Phone Number, user account, etc. this could have made sure that these cards stay at or near their MSRP.

No one would then have to "recoup" their ridiculous GPU price to begin with.

But hey, I have an idea, let's just let all the people with a ton of money run bots the whole time, buying up all the stock from a said company and sell it @ 3x times the price, maybe 5x, because hey, they can, muhahahahahahahaha. How fair? Right?

This is close to Extortion: The practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Granted, no one is threatening people, but they are forcing people to buy at these ridiculous prices.
I dont think you fully know what the word extortion means. Nobody is forcing people to buy GPUs at high prices. If a person wants to buy a 1030 at $500, let them, its their money. If they got that money in a legal way, they can do what ever they want with it.

From what I hear from miners they aren't using video cards to mine Bitcoin. They are using them mostly to mine Ethereum. I did some reading on the future of Ethereum and some analysts are saying it may go as high as $7,000 by 2025. Right now it's $2,400. So the GPU shortages could possibly get even worse and the prices on sites like Ebay could get even higher.

TSMC is building a mega-fab in the USA but it probably won't go online until 2024 and I'm not sure if it will have capacity for GPU manufacturing.

I'm not going to stop gaming even if I am forced to pay $3,000 for a 4080 when they come out. I will try to go on the waiting list first on sites that allow that but I have already seen one member here saying that he's been on a waiting list for 6 months and hasn't gotten one.
Bitcoin are mined with ASIC machines. Bitcoin GPU mining stopped about 9+ years ago

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
From what I hear from miners they aren't using video cards to mine Bitcoin. They are using them mostly to mine Ethereum. I did some reading on the future of Ethereum and some analysts are saying it may go as high as $7,000 by 2025. Right now it's $2,400. So the GPU shortages could possibly get even worse and the prices on sites like Ebay could get even higher.

TSMC is building a mega-fab in the USA but it probably won't go online until 2024 and I'm not sure if it will have capacity for GPU manufacturing.

I'm not going to stop gaming even if I am forced to pay $3,000 for a 4080 when they come out. I will try to go on the waiting list first on sites that allow that but I have already seen one member here saying that he's been on a waiting list for 6 months and hasn't gotten one.

I have my doubts about this lasting that long, but if it were to go on for that long then PC gaming will be practically dead, at least with dedicated hardware, Stadia may yet rise from the ashes, well at least there is still GeForce Now.

Reactions: 64K

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I have my doubts about this lasting that long, but if it were to go on for that long then PC gaming will be practically dead, at least with dedicated hardware, Stadia may yet rise from the ashes, well at least there is still GeForce Now.

I have my doubts about it as well. I hope crypto will crash just like usual. Right now we are in a bull market with crypto and confidence is high but I think it's overconfidence based on the past.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Payment processors dont have to send a Form 1099-k until the client reaches $20k in transactions and/or 200 items sold. Each state can have their own reporting amount, some leave it the same while others are much lower.

Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, is an IRS information return used to report certain payment transactions to improve voluntary tax compliance

People who get lots of tips in cash also dont report lots of their earnings. Lets all audit them, lets see how much they really make and report. Dont think that cash resellers are not the only ones who dont report their full revenue.

I dont think you fully know what the word extortion means. Nobody is forcing people to buy GPUs at high prices. If a person wants to buy a 1030 at $500, let them, its their money. If they got that money in a legal way, they can do what ever they want with it.

Bitcoin are mined with ASIC machines. Bitcoin GPU mining stopped about 9+ years ago
Might upset you but as you know this is a tech forum for tech ,pc and gaming enthusiasts.
With no real passion or corner for Scalpers, of which your admittedly one.
So I wouldn't expect many to agree with any of your well reasoned pro capitalism and pro scalper points.

Imho there should be limits on consumer purchases and bots should be banned just like they are for concert tickets in some countries.
I wouldn't legalise re sale but I don't like it too much either, but it's a necessary thing.
Can we try to mooch back to the topic though please.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Might upset you but as you know this is a tech forum for tech ,pc and gaming enthusiasts.
With no real passion or corner for Scalpers, of which your admittedly one.
So I wouldn't expect many to agree with any of your well reasoned pro capitalism and pro scalper points.

Imho there should be limits on consumer purchases and bots should be banned just like they are for concert tickets in some countries.
I wouldn't legalise re sale but I don't like it too much either, but it's a necessary thing.
Can we try to mooch back to the topic though please.
I'm a reseller, scalpers are usually the concert ticket sellers that upcharge on concert tickets. It doesnt upset me in any way. I live and drive my 80k lb truck with peace and good music, no coffee.

Why do it for a 3060? Why not the 3080ti?

I have my doubts about it as well. I hope crypto will crash just like usual. Right now we are in a bull market with crypto and confidence is high but I think it's overconfidence based on the past.
But what if crypto-currency doesn't crash? What if it ends up being like a positive feedback loop?

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Why do it for a 3060? Why not the 3080ti?
I think Nvidia is trying to do this with the 3060 because it is a mainstream GPU and it's fine for 1080p. It serves a far larger group of gamers than a high end GPU would.

But what if crypto-currency doesn't crash? What if it ends up being like a positive feedback loop?

Then it's going to hurt PC gaming pretty bad imo. Most gamers don't have anywhere close to $1,000 to put a mainstream GPU in their gaming PC. I have seen many gamers say that they don't want to do cloud gaming because of the latency. Not everyone has a great internet connection. In addition with far fewer sales on PC, Developers will neglect PC gaming.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I'm not sure if cryptocurrency will crash, but one thing I can tell you is that as more miners hop on, difficulty goes up. If Ethereum were a giant pie and all the miners are taking a slice, then the more miners there are, the less everybody gets. To defeat this, you would have to have a lot of cash on hand to be able to add more miners than everyone else to be able to keep the current size of your pie slice, let alone get a bigger slice. Of course, the size of the total pie itself can go up or down with the value of Ethereum.

Putting it that way, I think anybody mining for profit in the moment is fighting a losing battle. Difficulty continues to increase as more miners jump on the bandwagon, so it doesn't really make sense to continually spend money to keep making the same (or hopefully even a bit more) money when a $700 graphics card makes $8/day. Each card has roughly an 88 day (call it 3 months) ROI with the market exactly as it is, and that's assuming you have free electricity and you are finding 3080s at MSRP, and not counting the cost of any supporting hardware, which is extremely generous. No, they have to be looking at profits later. They're hoping the prices will grow in the future.

That said, I'm not sure Ethereum is a safe bet. There's supposed to be some change coming soon that changes the way Ethereum is mined. I've got no idea what this means for the profitability of mining Ethereum, or the price of Ethereum itself. What I do is simply mine with Nicehash. Sure, technically I'm mining Ethereum, but I'm not getting any ETH. I'm getting paid in BTC, and I think I prefer it that way. It might be fun to hold on to a few different altcoins, but BTC is like gold in the crypto world. It's the big daddy and it's not going anywhere, at least, I don't think. If Ethereum blows up, I'm not sure what all these GPUs are going to do. It can't be as simple as "mine the shit out of some other altcoin". They're out there, sure, but Ethereum is the largest and most popular one by far right now. I don't think you can take all those GPUs and throw them at Zcash or something and expect to get anywhere. The profitability on any other altcoin with that many miners on it would be terrible without some significant influx of fiat to back it up. If it can't be mined profitably anymore, they'd either have to pick another coin to be the chosen one, or maybe scatter into the various other coins.

That's the problem with GPU mining, though. GPUs are pretty versatile. They're not Ethereum ASICs. Ethereum just happens to be the best coin right now. That influence can be moved elsewhere to any other GPU mineable coin.

@hat
That's a depressing analysis. Could this be the beginning of the end of PC gaming we're seeing here? I certainly won't be paying out $1000 to upgrade my GPU every few years.

hat

Enthusiast
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Benchmark Scores >9000
@hat
That's a depressing analysis. Could this be the beginning of the end of PC gaming we're seeing here? I certainly won't be paying out $1000 to upgrade my GPU every few years.
Not at all. Mining may be wasteful, but in a way it's inherently designed to prevent too many people from doing it, because the more miners there are, the less everyone gets. Considering that, and also that we're currently in a chip shortage combined with higher than ever demand, I think we're going to reach some sort of equilibrium at some point. Even consoles are hard to find outside of eBay (at inflated prices of course), and nobody is mining on consoles. What we're dealing with is a perfect storm of bad supply and huge demand, miners or no (though they're certainly not helping). That said, I wonder what would happen if crypto disappeared overnight and every miner dumped everything on eBay. I wonder if it would be enough to saturate the market for a while.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Watching people seethe over not being able to play the latest bing-bing-wahoo on their consoomer GPUs will never cease to be hilarious. :roll:

Like....go outside people. Unless you live in a communist utopia like australia or california, most things are open now. Go out and enjoy the spring weather, forget about GPUs for awhile.
I doubt these people are reporting and paying any taxes on the profits they made, let alone open a company and it paying taxes and dues like all the other stores must. So probably not just people but tax evaders as well.
Sure you can sell your old GPU in the second hand market, but if you buy and sell new stuff with the express reason to make money of such trades you are basically a store - unregistered, and not paying taxes, while your clients are not protected with the consumer protection laws since you are officialy not a store.
Holy red herring argument batman.

Not at all. Mining may be wasteful, but in a way it's inherently designed to prevent too many people from doing it, because the more miners there are, the less everyone gets. Considering that, and also that we're currently in a chip shortage combined with higher than ever demand, I think we're going to reach some sort of equilibrium at some point. Even consoles are hard to find outside of eBay (at inflated prices of course), and nobody is mining on consoles. What we're dealing with is a perfect storm of bad supply and huge demand, miners or no (though they're certainly not helping). That said, I wonder what would happen if crypto disappeared overnight and every miner dumped everything on eBay. I wonder if it would be enough to saturate the market for a while.
We know exactly what would happen. We saw it after the first boom, where the price of the mighty 290x went from $750+ to $199 brand new in a matter of months, and stayed there for the rest of that GPU generation, somewhat bleeding into thenext generation.

hat

Enthusiast
Benchmark Scores >9000
Watching people seethe over not being able to play the latest bing-bing-wahoo on their consoomer GPUs will never cease to be hilarious. :roll:

Like....go outside people. Unless you live in a communist utopia like australia or california, most things are open now. Go out and enjoy the spring weather, forget about GPUs for awhile.

Holy red herring argument batman.

We know exactly what would happen. We saw it after the first boom, where the price of the mighty 290x went from $750+ to $199 brand new in a matter of months, and stayed there for the rest of that GPU generation, somewhat bleeding into thenext generation.
Maybe, but this time it's different. This time we have a pandemic driving huge demand and less supply.

On that note, I find it odd that on a tech forum that is quite focused on gaming, we have people coming in and calling out those of us who are upset we can't get a graphics card (without paying 3-4x the price) like we're a bunch of crybabies or something. You guys do realize that a lot of us are already here anyway because we like to game, right? Some of us even like high powered components and never play any games. Combine that with the pandemic, which is still going on by the way, which is giving a lot of people all over the world increased interest in gaming, because there's not much else to do, and the supply constraints... What do you want us to do? Play solitaire all day?

I mean, my GTX 1070 (and PS2/PS3) are doing just fine, but I get it. Maybe some of us aren't happy with the performance of even high end Pascal and want an upgrade. Maybe some of us have something even slower and passed up on Turing (affectionately dubbed "Turding" by some) because the price/performance was terrible. And now we're here. With nothing to do and nowhere to go with this stinking covid. I'd be pissed too if I had a lessor card and higher performance requirements. This is a PC enthusiast forum and many of us are gamers, I figured most of us would understand that. We're all in the same boat unless you're rich enough to not care or lucky enough to have gotten a decent card at a sane price, in which case, shove off and enjoy your goodies without spitting on the less fortunate from your high horse.

And, again, this is coming from someone who doesn't really give a rat's ass about video card prices right now. I'm happy with what I got, but I understand the frustrations of those who aren't. Take a good look around and you'll see people trying to make do with what they have. There's been a sharp increase lately in threads about "bought a fake graphics card" or "help me clock the dog shit out of my GT730". Some people aren't able or willing to pay these prices. And should we have to? Should it really cost $1000 just for a midrange graphics card to be able to play video games from this decade? I don't think that's a big ask.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)

I don't think you fully know what: "This is close to Extortion" means.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Good news, the 3080Ti will be hashrate limited just like the new 3060 SKU.
This time the nerfing mechanism is built into the silicon themselves as flashing BIOS and using the 470.05 driver won't work
Igor's lab 3080 Ti anti-mining

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
This time the nerfing mechanism is built into the silicon themselves as flashing BIOS and using the 470.05 driver won't work

That is good news indeed. I hope Nvidia will spread this to the 3060, 360 Ti, 3070 and 3080 as well.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)

Here is hoping; I guess, if anything, now I might get my hands on a 3070Ti instead of going for the 3070. In my opinion, the 3070 is a great card, but, there is a big gap between it and the 3080, if the RTX3070Ti is going to slot in nice in between the middle, it will make for a great 1440p high refresh rate card, well, depending on the game of course, but it will be a great card for a long time. :)

Processor i7 7700k
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Here is hoping; I guess, if anything, now I might get my hands on a 3070Ti instead of going for the 3070. In my opinion, the 3070 is a great card, but, there is a big gap between it and the 3080, if the RTX3070Ti is going to slot in nice in between the middle, it will make for a great 1440p high refresh rate card, well, depending on the game of course, but it will be a great card for a long time. :)

That will be a massive upgrade for you from your 660 Ti 2GB

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
It was also cracked independently from that leak.

Please provide link to proof. As far as I know, nobody has cracked nVidia's signed and encrypted blobs.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Please provide link to proof. As far as I know, nobody has cracked nVidia's signed and encrypted blobs.
I can't be bothered. I read it in a news story over the last couple of weeks. Feel free to Google it if you want.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
It only limits one out of 1000 coin's , it's even less of a big deal than you think to still mine on them anyway.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
It wasn't cracked. This thread is literally about the actual issue that nVidia inadvertently released 470.05 which bypassed the limiter.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
I can't be bothered. I read it in a news story over the last couple of weeks. Feel free to Google it if you want.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
That's the corner case that I mentioned, again the signed and encrypted blob wasn't cracked. But that corner case requires an expensive board with full width pcie lanes for each card, which makes it unattractive.

Link me a crack that I can flash a 3060 with. It doesn't exist.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@xorbe here you go, courtesy of @TheOne. It doesn't matter that it's not a bios flash. The point is to get past the restriction which these dummy plugs do, doesn't matter how.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
something has to happen.. you cant price a product at less than half what the market will bear.. a 3070 graphics card now has a used UK ebay price of £1300 quid..

some of these cards may pass though the hands of retailers and even gamers on their way to ebay but ebay is where they will all end up..

will the coming 3080ti get nerfed.. somehow i doubt it but the msrp price will be much higher whatever happens..

trog