• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI to Release AGESA Combo PI V2 1.2.0.2 BIOS for AMD 400- and 500-series Chipset Motherboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI, the world leading gaming motherboard brand, will release optimized BIOS updates for AMD 500-Series and 400-Series motherboards. From now on, the BIOS based on AM4 Combo PI V2 1.2.0.2 for all MSI 500 and 400 series motherboards will be available for download until the end of April. Please refer to the following.
  • Optimized compatibility for AMD 500-Series and 400-Series motherboards
  • Improved USB device compatibility

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 205776

Meanwhile I'm still refreshing my ASUS BIOS page, waiting for 1.2.0.2 to come out of beta...

Meanwhile I'm still refreshing my ASUS BIOS page, waiting for 1.2.0.2 to come out of beta...

Which is where MSI is right now. And likely there won't be any change between the beta and the final version if there is one.

Space Lynx

Astronaut

yep beta usually is final version for all the brands, with a few exceptions here and there.

i updated mine a couple days ago and it said beta. but its rock solid stable. /shrug

D

Deleted member 205776

Which is where MSI is right now. And likely there won't be any change between the beta and the final version if there is one.
They're beta too? huh.

I avoid beta BIOSes like the plague, don't care how stable they are. I'd rather wait more for the final release than have to reflash the final version, or risk having headaches with BIOS Flashback.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're beta too? huh.

I avoid beta BIOSes like the plague, don't care how stable they are. I'd rather wait more for the final release than have to reflash the final version, or risk having headaches with BIOS Flashback.
Most of the time, they just remove the beta mention. They don't release a newer version that isn't beta. At least, that is what Asus does.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe x 2
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
I'm confused by the wording in this article. "..for download until the end of April" Does this mean the BIOS will not be available after April?

yep beta usually is final version for all the brands, with a few exceptions here and there.

i updated mine a couple days ago and it said beta. but its rock solid stable. /shrug
TBH, I am just not going to take the risk with my MSI board when I saw that these new BIOS versions were out and eargerly went over there to update my BIOS and saw they were "Beta".

I am going to wait... one bad BIOS update is enough for a lifetime, I have experienced a couple, the last one (not an MSI mobo) might have fried an NVMe drive (needs to be tested for confirmation).

I'm confused by the wording in this article. "..for download until the end of April" Does this mean the BIOS will not be available after April?

Quit possible Engrish.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!

You're not the only one. I was actually confused. From my reading....the 1.2.0.2 will be available until the end of April, yet the second picture states for my "MAX" motherboard it won't be available until the middle of May? Perhaps they mean the beta will only be available until the end of the April, then the final revision will be released? I say this because the beta 1.2.0.2 was just put up on the MSI's site a couple of days ago.

1.2.0.2 update.jpg

Think I'll just wait for the final revision. No rush....

Best,

Liquid Cool

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Memory G.Skill 32GB
Software Windows 10
You're not the only one. I was actually confused. From my reading....the 1.2.0.2 will be available until the end of April, yet the second picture states for my "MAX" motherboard it won't be available until the middle of May? Perhaps they mean the beta will only be available until the end of the April, then the final revision will be released? I say this because the beta 1.2.0.2 was just put up on the MSI's site a couple of days ago.

Think I'll just wait for the final revision. No rush....

Best,

Liquid Cool
When they released ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.1 through a Beta BIOS on my X570 Tomahawk, I figured I'd wait for the final release since the last final revision (that had 1.2.0.0 back in January) was 100% stable for me so I didn't see any need in updating. They never released a final revision. Instead they released another Beta with 1.2.0.2 a couple weeks ago. I guess if I were to believe that chart a final release should be upcoming, but who knows? I may as well wait as I'm in no rush either. If they don't release a final version by the middle of next month I'll probably just install the Beta.