• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iiyama Announces 27'' WQHD 165 Hz IPS GB2770QSU Gaming Monitor

Boosted by a new type IPS - Fast IPS panel technology, the new G-Master delivers next level gaming with an outstanding 0.5 ms Moving Picture Response Time and offers high-fidelity, vivid battleground scenes displayed with outstanding color accuracy. HDR 400 certified, the GB2770QSU is a true 8-bit monitor guaranteeing 400 cd/m² luminance. Offering Premium Pro - the highest level - FreeSync support, the monitor dynamically adjusts its vertical refresh rate to the frame rate of the graphics card resulting in virtually zero tearing or stuttering issues. The low framerate compensation effectively removes the minimum refresh rate boundary.

To enhance visibility in shadowed areas, users can switch on the Black Tuner function improving viewing performance and helping to spot the enemy earlier. Whether you're on First Person Shooter or Strategy, predefined and custom gaming modes are available via the on-screen-display menu and make it easy to adjust the screen settings to anyone's personal preferences. The new Red Eagle is equipped with HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. It also features a headphone connector and a USB hub with charging function. The flicker-free and blue light reducer technologies reduce the strain put on the eyes by long hours spent in front of the screen.

Featuring a height-adjustable stand with tilt and swivel capabilities, the G-Master GB2770QSU helps you maintain a healthy body posture and promotes comfort during marathon gaming sessions.

The monitor is also available in Full HD resolution in 27" and 24" sizes.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Featuring a height-adjustable stand with tilt and swivel capabilities
I was gonna say that stand looks pretty tall, which is nice to see taller stands.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
"0.5 ms Moving Picture Response Time"
What's that in GtG?

Processor Intel Core i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z490-G Gaming (WI-FI) mATX
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240
Memory HyperX Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 @3466MHZ
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 8GB Aorus Master
Storage Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB M.2 NVMe // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2417DG @165hz @1440p @G-sync / 24" inch
Case Fractal Design Meshify C Mini TG @mATX
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster G6 USB // Philips SHP9500S 50mm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 G2
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core (HyperX Red)
Software Windows 10 Pro
Very nice, professional look! Some might say it is boring but i like it plain and simple, its a monitor after all.
The logical prices of this brand are pretty much guaranteed, now i just hope the performance is on par or better than the competition.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
"0.5 ms Moving Picture Response Time"
What's that in GtG?
I believe that's marketing bullshit lingo for "strobing backlight" or "black frame insertion"

G2G is going to be the same for Iiyama as everyone else provided they don't screw up the overdrive firmware (and that happens often enough that you really do need to be looking at reviews with detailed response time testing of any monitor model).

LG's 27" 1440p IPS panels seem to reliably test at 5ms or so, with a few terrible midtone outliers if the firmware of that particular model sucks.
AUO's AHVA equivalent model seems to go down to sub-4ms without significant overshoot in gamer-focused premium models, (Acer Nitro, Asus ROG)

0.5ms is, of course, utter lies in every possible meaning of the term. Even stretching the truth with a stobing backlight is dumb because at 0.5ms strobe length it'd be putting out peak theoretical brightness of 33 nits and thanks to real-world physics probably closer to 25 nits. Unusable, even in a darkened room but good enough for a marketing lie because nobody's ever going to hold them accountable.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
"true 8-bit"

what happened to 10? too expensive to produce?
I'm pretty sure that 10-bit panels are too niche to make any real development headway. The advantage of 10-bit panels over 8-bit with FRC is really hard to spot, 6-bit panels were easy to spot as grainy, patterned, and noisy but since then pixels have become smaller, response times have increased making FRC more effective, and the jumps between colours are far more subtle. Mass-produced 8-bit panels are getting all the investment and being developed the fastest. The advantages over 10-bit are threefold - cheaper, faster, brighter.
  • Cheaper because of volume of scale and 8-bit panels being suitable for both 8 and 10-bit output.
  • Faster because switching to one of 256 intensities is much faster than switching to one of 1024 intensities.
  • Brighter because simpler local subpixel drivers (the 'unlit' parts between subpixels) are smaller and block less of the backlight - better efficiency and peak brightness.
6-bit panels with FRC dithering weren't great. The dithering was slower, larger, and in very noticeable steps, often using basic, static dithering grids that made it even more obvious.
8-bit panels with FRC dithering are far, far better; You'd likely need a high-speed camera with a great macro lens and then some histogram manipulation of the results to clearly identify the result. The improvements in dithering tech also make it less uniform, and closer to random noise/film grain.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'm pretty sure that 10-bit panels are too niche to make any real development headway. The advantage of 10-bit panels over 8-bit with FRC is really hard to spot, 6-bit panels were easy to spot as grainy, patterned, and noisy but since then pixels have become smaller, response times have increased making FRC more effective, and the jumps between colours are far more subtle. Mass-produced 8-bit panels are getting all the investment and being developed the fastest. The advantages over 10-bit are threefold - cheaper, faster, brighter.
  • Cheaper because of volume of scale and 8-bit panels being suitable for both 8 and 10-bit output.
  • Faster because switching to one of 256 intensities is much faster than switching to one of 1024 intensities.
  • Brighter because simpler local subpixel drivers (the 'unlit' parts between subpixels) are smaller and block less of the backlight - better efficiency and peak brightness.
6-bit panels with FRC dithering weren't great. The dithering was slower, larger, and in very noticeable steps, often using basic, static dithering grids that made it even more obvious.
8-bit panels with FRC dithering are far, far better; You'd likely need a high-speed camera with a great macro lens and then some histogram manipulation of the results to clearly identify the result. The improvements in dithering tech also make it less uniform, and closer to random noise/film grain.

I have a 10 bit + frc making it 12 bit panel, and I can't tell the difference at all between that and 8 bit mode. lol

edit: doesn't look like this panel will be coming to usa from what i can see... :( im actually interested in this one if the price is right. ($330)

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
I have a 10 bit + frc making it 12 bit panel, and I can't tell the difference at all between that and 8 bit mode. lol

edit: doesn't look like this panel will be coming to usa from what i can see... :( im actually interested in this one if the price is right. ($330)
I can't remember where I read it but I remember an article about colourblindness that cited normal human vision can see around 3 million individual colour shades, of which only a few hundred thousand are blues, and the majority are reds and greens.

1619438637490.png

7-bit is 2 million, 8-bit is 16 million so 3 million shades puts typical human vision at barely more than 7-bit colour which is why you can discern no difference between 8-bit and 12-bit on your fancy 10-bit+FRC monitor!

The best granularity we have is limited to a very narrow range of greyscale in the near-black range, since light sensitivity in humans is non-linear and 0-255 greyscale (8-bit colour) is linear increases in intensity. If you want to test this, make a colour fade at 8-bit from 0-64 greyscale and fullscreen it in a dark room. You will struggle to see banding if you focus on it, since your focal area is mostly colour vision, but if you pay attention to what is just outside your focal point you may spot some banding.

That means that human vision is probably 9-bit for dark greyscale peripheral vision, 6.5 to 7.5-bit for our colour vision.

The reason 10 and 12-bit panels exist are probably for compatibility with 10 and 12-bit raw images. Even if people are going to struggle to tell the difference between 8-bit and 12-bit, when taking raw 12-bit source material and then stretching/editing the historgram, there is still enough colour data to avoid banding when output at 8-bit.

TL;DR, human vision is non-linear and beyond 8-bit there is almost no point.

Edit - found a better, linear-scale image that shows just how useless our eyes are at blue light:

1619441785767.png

Last edited: