• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Launch Date Surfaces

So you are saying, because of the high demand and supply issue, we shouldn't read what is interesting to us? It is still news about new technology either if it's hard or easy to get.
I got my 6900xt but I still wanna know and see what NV is releasing. When the supply improves I will be already up to date.
I'm not saying to anyone what one should do or not do. All I wanna say is that I don't see the point in marketing and hyping over the products 99% of people won't be able to buy. As things stand today, hyping over these products is only helping scalpers ripping off consumers with impulsive buying disorders.

Nvidia "only" has 75% of marketshare on Steam HW Survey. AMDs 6000 series are good. Availablity is the problem.

If AMD could deliver GPUs now, they would easily eat into Nvidias marketshare. They can't tho.

Intel's dGPU is not ready before 2022 if not 2023 (we don't know)
I'd expect alot of software issues at launch. If Intel have had their dGPU ready NOW they would be able to sell truckloads, sadly they don't.
Yeah and that's why dGPU will remain F throughout 2021 and possibly even through 2022. The only wild card DIY PC builders have atm is hope that mining craze ends in ashes soon and used dGPUs overflow the 2nd hand market. Let's hope it happens asap.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
Well, I was interested in getting a 3070, but I might as well wait for the 3070Ti now. if I can't get that, I guess the upcoming RTX4070 if not that, RTX4070Ti, or until whenever they are available at MSRP.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I'm not saying to anyone what one should do or not. All I wanna say is that I don't see the point in marketing and hyping over the products 99% of people won't be able to buy. As things stand today, hyping over these products is only helping scalpers ripping off consumers with impulsive buying disorders.
I don't think OP means to hype anything. Just gives simple news about a product. If everyone would've gone that route we would have had no info whatsoever cause everything would have been considered Hype. If you think it's hype don't read it or make no comments. Just because you are angry at scalpers or the demand, it doesn't mean people should not get any info about it. you are not one of the consumers being ripped by scalpers so what do you care if others wanna still purchase the product?

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
To me, 2022 will be the year when people can get a graphics card like before the pandemic.

Until then, kill any hope you have.
Uh, why would that be? The crypto Ponzi/Bubble will stop?

AMD is nearly irrelevant in dGPU market as Nvidia covers somewhere between 80-90% of dGPU production
You are taking Stream hardware review bazinga too seriously.

This is by no means a typical month, but AMD hovers at around 30-35% for quite a while (note the summary figures for this year):

https://www.reddit.com/r/realAMD/comments/mxn12j
I'm not saying to anyone what one should do or not do. All I wanna say is that I don't see the point in marketing and hyping over the products 99% of people won't be able to buy. As things stand today, hyping over these products is only helping scalpers ripping off consumers with impulsive buying disorders.
3090 is sold for insane money, because people are aware, it exists.
The same applies to 3080Ti.

You are naive if you think that all that money goes to scalpers/shops.

I don't think OP means to hype anything. Just gives simple news about a product. If everyone would've gone that route we would have had no info whatsoever cause everything would have been considered Hype. If you think it's hype don't read it or make no comments. Just because you are angry at scalpers or the demand, it doesn't mean people should not get any info about it. you are not one of the consumers being ripped by scalpers so what do you care if others wanna still purchase the product?
I care because NVidia/AMD/AIBs are watching what's happening. They will have no problem rising MSPRs on next gen products if they figure out that there is enough retail impulsive buyers out there willing to pay these ridiculous prices that even higher profit margins can be made. There will be no low to low-mid range GPUs on the market if that happens. I mean it's already happening, xx60 class card selling for $329-400 MSPR is not exactly lower mid range pricing anymore and no xx50/6500 class dGPU horizon (with exception of laptops) shows us where things are headed. DIY PC building is becoming premium hobby and that was not the case for the last 2 decades.

You are taking Stream hardware review bazinga too seriously.

This is by no means a typical month, but AMD hovers at around 30-35% for quite a while (note the summary figures for this year):
What does Mindfactory numbers tell us about general dGPU production? If anything that their dGPU supply is very, very low. Especially when you read that mining enterprises are signing $100 million worth contracts with NVidia through their AIBs. That's where A LOT of Nvidia's dGPU production goes atm, not to retailers.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
You are right, but I can't stop reading hardware news, even tho hardware market is beyond boring at this point. I'm glad I got my 3080 on launch for 700 dollars and I will upgrade when pricing and availability is back to normal in 2022-2023.

I expect demand to go down when COVID vaccines are out (people stop playing again) and GPU mining hopefully gets too advanced (ASIC miners incoming).

I don't think it will last till 2023 but it could.

You act like AMDs is doing any better? AMDs availablity is even worse, with zero 6000 models listed on Steam HW Survey. All Ampere cards are represented and have been for months and months at this point.
I can see it lasting until 2023. Even if everyone were vaccinated it is going to take a long concentrated effort to reopen the world, its not like governments are known for relinquishing power once they get it. Just look at the friction from states with few cases opening up their economies. The longer that takes, the longer the backpressure from demand will build, and the longer it will take to catch up with backordered demand.

The way I see it, nvidia's 3000 series and AMD's 6000 series are going to end up like the geforce 3 series, forgotten and buried. By the time demand catches up well be in the next generation and 10 years after that the 3000/6000s will be collecters items or subjects of youtube videos called "check out this ultra rare GPU".

Of course, with DDR5 imminent and 5/33nm from TSMC on the way, it would be silly to build a PC right now IMO. We're slated to see a huge increase in performance over the next 2-3 years before another likely slowdown for another few years after that. I plan on keeping my PC until the end of 2023 at the earliest, likely until zen 4 or maybe zen 5 is out, by then the current GPU market is goign to be old hat.

This is assuming my vega lasts that long.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I care because NVidia/AMD/AIBs are watching what's happening. They will have no problem rising MSPRs on next gen products if they figure out that there is enough retail impulsive buyers out there willing to pay these ridiculous prices that even higher profit margins can be made. There will be no low to low-mid range GPUs on the market if that happens. I mean it's already happening, xx60 class card selling for $329-400 MSPR is not exactly lower mid range pricing anymore and no xx50/6500 class dGPU horizon (with exception of laptops) shows us where things are headed. DIY PC building is becoming premium hobby and that was not the case for the last 2 decades.
Of course they will raise the MSRP for their products but you can do nothing about it. It's still business for them. You don't have to buy it if the price is to high or if you you disagree with the price for the products but you have to accept the reality as is. Saying you disagree with the prices and the scalpers or whatever else is there is not gonna change anything. News is still news no matter what the price is being dictated by the economy. I would rather have the prices low but they are not and my choices are, accept the situation and the price and purchase, or simply accept the situation, skip buying anything just read about it.

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
I still wish they had given it 16GB of VRAM like the 6900 XT.
I'm not sure exactly how they would have done that, but 12GB vs 10GB doesn't do a whole lot.

Not that I'm planning to buy one (Kepler for the win!) but still.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I can see it lasting until 2023. Even if everyone were vaccinated it is going to take a long concentrated effort to reopen the world, its not like governments are known for relinquishing power once they get it. Just look at the friction from states with few cases opening up their economies. The longer that takes, the longer the backpressure from demand will build, and the longer it will take to catch up with backordered demand.

The way I see it, nvidia's 3000 series and AMD's 6000 series are going to end up like the geforce 3 series, forgotten and buried. By the time demand catches up well be in the next generation and 10 years after that the 3000/6000s will be collecters items or subjects of youtube videos called "check out this ultra rare GPU".

Of course, with DDR5 imminent and 5/33nm from TSMC on the way, it would be silly to build a PC right now IMO. We're slated to see a huge increase in performance over the next 2-3 years before another likely slowdown for another few years after that. I plan on keeping my PC until the end of 2023 at the earliest, likely until zen 4 or maybe zen 5 is out, by then the current GPU market is goign to be old hat.

This is assuming my vega lasts that long.

I understand, I plan to do a completely new system in 2024 when DDR5 has matured and hardware market is hopefully back to normal.

But yeah, lets hope components survive :laugh:

las

Cooling Custom Water
I still wish they had given it 16GB of VRAM like the 6900 XT.
I'm not sure exactly how they would have done that, but 12GB vs 10GB doesn't do a whole lot.

Not that I'm planning to buy one (Kepler for the win!) but still.

They should have used a 320 bit bus, like 3080 and simply doubled VRAM.

The bus-width does pretty much nothing, but 12GB to 20GB is a major upgrade for people who's using 4K-5K or even 8K, but lets be honest 8K gaming is pretty much not going to happen unless DLSS is used and then VRAM requirement lowers alot.

Only relevant if people plan to keep the card for years tho, and I'm pretty sure that in 4-5 years, both 6900XT and 3080Ti will be pretty garbage for 4K/5K gaming. So in the end, it does not really matter I guess.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
What does Mindfactory numbers tell us about general dGPU production?
Lol, more than steam hardware review bazinga.

Especially, since the sales figures from MF for the last year are also available.

If anything that their dGPU supply is very, very low.
This claim is an outright embarrassment.
MF sells in one week more than was touted to be delivered to the whole Europe for an entire month.
It's a major online PC parts shop, with huge volumes.

And year on year, it's roughly the same ballpark, no shortages in sight (perhaps NV somehow manages to have problems pfroducing enough GPUs despite having entire Samsung 8nm to itself)

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
The only one who could do that is Intel with it's XE dGPU lineup

Uhm, no, they most likely can't.

In case you haven't yet heard their 10nm is an absolute disaster, they've barely started production of Xeons on 10nm just recently, you can completely forget about any mass production of dedicated GPUs.

Last edited:

las

Cooling Custom Water

Especially, since the sales figures from MF for the last year are also available.

MF sells in one week more than was touted to be delivered to the whole Europe for an entire month.

And year on year, it's roughly the same ballpark, no shortages in sight (perhaps NV somehow manages to have problems pfroducing enough GPUs despite having entire Samsung 8nm to itself)

Haha no, a single retailer vs Steam's millions of users? Pretty much all PC gamers use Steam. Like 63 million daily users.
Hardware trends reflect Steam HW Survey; Ryzen sells well; AMD CPU marketshare goes up. Obviously it can be trusted for GPUs too.

Uhm, no, they can't.

In case you haven't yet heard their 10nm is an absolute disaster, they've barely started production Xeons on 10nm just recently, you can completely forget about any mass production of dedicated GPUs.

I have never heard or read that their dGPU's would be using 10nm, but TSMC 7nm or lower

Their 10nm SuperFin works just fine and Alder Lake will release using this process in 6 months or so. This is not their first 10nm process.
Their 7nm is on track for 2023

Intel 7nm = TSMC 5nm
Intel 10nm = TSMC 7nm
Pretty much. Same density.

Apple owns TSMC 5nm production till sometime next year. AMD won't be using this process anytime soon.
Apple always gets priority at TSMC, nothing new here.

I can't wait to see AMD vs Intel in 2023-2024 when both are on next gen platforms. TSMC 5nm vs Intel 7nm.

Last edited:

Embarrassment? Why? Selling 2000 units a week is nothing when you look at how many dGPUs is being actually produced. In FY 2021, the Graphics segment generated $9.8 billion, or about 59%, of Nvidia's total revenue (41% comes from The Compute & Networking segment). GeForce GPUs for gaming account for about half of that number. That's A LOT of GPUs coming out of Samsung factories. It's a shame that nearly all of these dGPUs end up in some mining farm atm and not at retailers. Nvidia lost a supply chain control once cryptomine greed took over the world. It's just the way it is and it's not like Nvidia & it's AIBs are complaining. They're all making a killing out of it. And so does AMD just to a lesser extend because TSMC's capacities are fully booked.

Last edited:
System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
Paper launch? they have full fab capacity at Samsung yet failed to deliver/satisfy the demand and suddenly wanna launch 3080Ti? are they mocking us? :confused::kookoo:
Sadly, AMD that only has a tiny slice of TSMC's nodes greatly affected by both miners and scalpers too and make it even worst. :oops::oops:

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5800x
Motherboard B550i Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Custom Cooling
Memory 32Gb Patriot Viper 3600 RGB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ventus Trio OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO
Display(s) Specterpro 34uw100
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
This is not gonna help the availability of the 3080. I feel it would make it worse. Why would miners pay more for basically almost the same hashrate?

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
This is not gonna help the availability of the 3080. I feel it would make it worse. Why would miners pay more for basically almost the same hashrate?

maybe worst. The test unit shown by videocardz was potentially prior any hashrate limitors. So if they exist, more refined than the 3060 situation, than the 3080 may be even more expensive and more in demand.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I just wanna know where to effin preorder for MSRP-ish prices. an effort I will try this once on a new card.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
By the sound of it, this card could make the 3090 obsolete as the performance is gonna be so close, but it's so much cheaper. Ot maybe NVIDIA will bring out a "3090 Ti" halo card with the full chip enabled? We'll find out soon enough.

Get ready for cloud gaming. Forget low-low/mid range cards. Nvidia Geforce NOW is keep growing and earning new partners all over the world. And soon Stadia will do the same. Enjoy.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Get ready for cloud gaming. Forget low-low/mid range cards. Nvidia Geforce NOW is keep growing and earning new partners all over the world. And soon Stadia will do the same. Enjoy.

Not everyone can though. Some people have a crappy internet connection. I don't want these Cloud Gaming Services because of latency.

Having that many SKUs during a chip shortages is stupid and wound not help things, imo the 3060 Ti and 3080 Ti should not have existed.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
By the sound of it, this card could make the 3090 obsolete as the performance is gonna be so close, but it's so much cheaper. Ot maybe NVIDIA will bring out a "3090 Ti" halo card with the full chip enabled? We'll find out soon enough.

There are those that need and will pay for the 24GB vram of the 3090, as it's still cheaper than Quadros.