• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GELID Announces Stella Frost RGB 120 Fan

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Tech innovator GELID Solutions unveils the latest 120 mm case fan featuring the Icy Frame Assembly and sophisticated Addressable RGB (ARGB) LED lighting. The STELLA FROST is a product of GELID Solutions GAMER product line. The STELLA FROST introduces a perfect mixture of vibrant design and top-notch cooling technologies. It comes with 8 hub-mounted ARGB LEDs and 16 frame-mounted independent ARGB LEDs to illuminate stylish Dual Ring Lighting and create spectacular RGB effects amplified by the highly reflective Icy Assembly and tidy all-white frame.

The fan also boasts Double Ball Bearing which adds to improve mechanics and ensures ultra-durable functioning. The new impeller brings an optimized blade profile to deliver enhanced cooling. And the carefully designed PWM IC, a core part of the STELLA FROST, eliminates any clicking noise. Additionally, the intelligent GELID PWM (Pulse Width Module) drives the fan in the extended speed range from 500 RPM to 1600 RPM, it constantly keeps the fan silent but accelerates speed whenever higher airflow is needed. The STELLA FROST also bears dual ARGB cabling with a male-plug adapter integrated to facilitate connection of multiple fans in your system.

The fan is RoHS and WEEE conform and carries a 3 year warranty.

"STELLA FROST is crafted for gamers, modders and RGB enthusiasts. Supercharged with frosty design, spectacular RGB lighting and robust mechanics, it helps fine-tune your gaming rig and make it cool and shiny", said Gebhard Scherrer, Sales Director of GELID Solutions Ltd.

The STELLA FROST is available now and has a MSRP of USD 10.99 or Euro 9.99.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Incomplete thing 1.0
Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Gelid Phantom Black
Memory HyperX Fury RGB 3200 CL16 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO
Storage Dual 1TB 970evo
Display(s) AOC G2U 1440p 144hz, HP e232
Case CM mb511 RGB
Audio Device(s) Reloop ADM-4
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM-600
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Sharkoon SGK3 Blue
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2-5% over stock scores
I wonder why the fanblades aren't lit up, you'd expect them to make them light up for marketing reasons. Also looks a lot like CM MF120 Prismatics.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
And the carefully designed PWM IC, a core part of the STELLA FROST, eliminates any clicking noise.

So now fans require an IC in order to eliminate clicking ???? Hummm....I always thought that was the job of well designed, high-quality bearings & blades.....apparently I've missed something recently.... :(

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
no specific noise level(35 max?) or cfm measurements(70 max?) makes me guess these things were not thoroughly tested. Even so 35 max seems a bit high for 120mm, but I so used to working with 140mm that could be normal.

So now fans require an IC in order to eliminate clicking ???? Hummm....I always thought that was the job of well designed, high-quality bearings & blades.....apparently I've missed something recently.... :(
Its been like that for a long time, its mostly PWM fans will make clicking noises when they run on DC mode, but switching them back to PWM eliminates the issue

The fan also boasts Double Ball Bearing which...
Which will make it LOUD AF

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Its been like that for a long time, its mostly PWM fans will make clicking noises when they run on DC mode, but switching them back to PWM eliminates the issue

yep I forgot about that, but I never run my fans in DC mode, so that's probably why... thanks for the reminder :)