• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Releases New NeoECO Platinum PSU Series

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Antec Inc., leading provider of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself market, broadens their offer of power supplies with the new line NeoEco Platinum series. The 80 PLUS PLATINUM rating and the Continuous Power with 650 W, 750 W and 850 W make this modular PSU line an efficient and affordable choice.

The PSU line is now commercially available from USD $134.99 for 650 W, USD $144.99 for 750 W and USD $164.99 for 850 W.

The power supplies achieve up to 94 per cent efficiency, so users can reduce their electricity bill significantly. The series features a server-class LLC design with a synchronous rectification based on a DC-DC topology. Japanese capacitors ensure the tightest DC stability and regulation, for reliability that the system can count on. Four PCI Express port connectors enable for multi-GPU support.

The advanced thermal control with the Zero RPM mode enables to turn the fan off at low loads to provide absolute silence. With the 120 mm silent fan, the NeoEco Platinum can optimize the balance between cooling and noise. This PSU line is engineered according to the newest PSU guidelines and is compatible with the latest generation of CPUs. The fully modular, flat DC cables make builds and upgrades easy, with great-looking results.

A 7-year Antec Quality warranty, a whisper-quiet 120 mm fan controlled by Antec's Thermal Manager and CircuitShield Industrial Grade protection make NeoEco Platinum one of the best choices available.

Product Features:
  • Top-grade Japanese capacitors for clean DC-DC performance
  • 80 PLUS Platinum certified - up to 94% efficiency, to reduce your electricity bill
  • 7-year warranty
  • 100% Modular cable management -Improves airflow and reduces clutter
  • Zero RPM mode, which uses thermal sensors to activate the fan only when you need it
  • 4x PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
  • Delivers non-stop industrial class performance for high-end computer systems at up to 45°C ambient

For more information, please follow us on Facebook and visit our website at https://www.antec.com/product/power-series#platinum

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

SL2

That fan grill is a disaster/cheese grater.. it's seriously the worst I've ever seen.. or is it a pasta machine?

Get the angle grinder!

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
That fan grill is a disaster/cheese grater.. it's seriously the worst I've ever seen.. or is it a pasta machine?

Get the angle grinder!
dremel !

Prices seem average for a platinum grade psu.

SL2

Oh what's the point. You're better off buying something with less air restriction. Warranty is nice to have.

System Name A bomb
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO + 4x Noiseblocker eLoop push-pull
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 19CL @ 16-20-20-36
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 3GB Gaming X
Storage Intel 660p 1TB QLC NVMe SSD (yeah, it's really that slow) + Seagate Exos 10TB HDD
Display(s) AOC C24G1 24" FullHD 144Hz VA
Case Phanteks P400S + P400A mesh panel + 2x140mm & 1x120mm be quiet! Shadow Wings 3 + 1x120mm Noctua NF-F
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS50
Power Supply Corsair RMx v2 (2018) 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless in wired mode (wireless mode is bugged ...)
Keyboard A4Tech generic-ish membrane office keyboard (yikes)
Software Windows 10 x64 1909
Benchmark Scores OVER 9000
it's seriously the worst I've ever seen..
It's hard to do it right when all you have is marketing division, Antec is good for cheap Seasonic Focus rebrands, anything else ? Not really.

SL2

It's hard to do it right when all you have is marketing division, Antec is good for cheap Seasonic Focus rebrands, anything else ? Not really.
Besides, it's not really cheap in terms of actual price.

If you're looking for a sleeper PSU (if that's a even a thing) that is much better than it looks like, this might be it.

Also the colors.. if you're finally going to build your dream system using that old excavator in your backyard as a case, this one has the right colors. For anyone else, nope.

1621887023872.png

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I wonder who is the oem on this??

If it's Delta, it might actually be better built than Seasonic anyways, Delta built Antecs in the past were some engineering marvels, like SG-850 or CP-850.

Curious about noise evaluation though.

In what way?

Exquisite component integration quality.

Damn, I forgor JG site is gone... :(

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
That;s very interesting, we haven't seen Delta PSUs in DIY for a while now, if so they have fallen under the radar, curious to see reviews of this unit now

Last i recall the the CM platinum 1300w that came out maybe two years ago was one of Delta's units? Along with Acbell they are one of the largest PSU OEM's out there but mostly stick to server PSU (like flextronics) and mass produced units for brands like Dell.

In what way?
larger OEM, better in house testing and in house SMT lines. That said it doesn't necessarily mean that will result in a better PSU just two different OEMs on the production scale.

Case fancier than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Bad value

Years ago this line was a killer budget option. Antec's positioning in PC hardware over the last decade has been very strange.

And are those Dell units any better than something like a budget bronze PSU ?
depends on the exact "budget bronze" but even the bronze units most likely have a higher build cost. On the high end, Delta has shown they are as capable as flextronics, seasonic, super flower, CWT.

Back maybe 15 years ago there was "group" of us on another forum running Delta built 305w units trying to see how hard we could push them. The units themselves would not win any spec contests but were built like tanks and refused to give up. Remember, it's not like Dell is giving them a ton of money for each unit. If you give your buddy $10 to bring you back dinner you can't expect something from Morton's steakhouse but maybe he finds a food trunk that makes a killer burrito that's better than the #1 burger meal all the other fast food chains offer.

Last edited:
Years ago this line was a killer budget option. Antec's positioning in PC hardware over the last decade has been very strange.
Yeah, lately most of their premier lineup are Sea sonic rebrands, which i cant help but notice they get reviewed critically with reviewers pointing out flaws that were not in there original Seasonic reviewed units.

Seasonic biased maybe ?

Serously go read some of the reviews of something like a Phantecs AMP, Antec HCG, or NZXT PSUs, which are all rebranded Seasonic focus, you will notice they get more flaws in their reviews with slightly less postive summery than original Seasonic focus review of the same websites.

I dont know, maybe am overthinking it, but i couldn't help but notice more cons in those reviews, made me think there might be a biased towards Seasonic in some reviews.

Delta has shown they are as capable as flextronics, seasonic, super flower, CWT.
FSP wants to know your location :p

Case fancier than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Yeah, lately most of their premier lineup are Sea sonic rebrands, which i cant help but notice they get reviewed critically with reviewers pointing out flaws that were not in there original Seasonic reviewed units.

Seasonic biased maybe ?

Serously go read some of the reviews of something like a Phantecs AMP, Antec HCG, or NZXT PSUs, which are all rebranded Seasonic focus, you will notice they get more flaws in their reviews with slightly less postive summery than original Seasonic focus review of the same websites.

I dont know, maybe am overthinking it, but i couldn't help but notice more cons in those reviews, made me think there might be a biased towards Seasonic in some reviews.
I've noticed it sometimes as well but all the brand's you mentioned still offer very good PSU. It could be simply the reviewer expects more since the platform has been out for a while. If the order is large enough the manufacturing could be outsourced. If the brand does enough cost cutting to stay price competive with Seasonic's version than part vendors and/or QC may change. It could simply be bias as well, reviewers are human. Just shows we need more competent PSU reviews and unfortunately many of the sites that used to perform them have stopped.

FSP wants to know your location
nothing against them or other OEMs like chicony, when those guys are on their A game they produce quality products.

I haven't seen Super Flower mentioned in here. They make a solid psu and they're reasonably priced.

Case fancier than yours
Mouse lighter than yours