• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CD Projekt RED Profits Go Downhill Amid Cyberpunk 2077 Delisting from PlayStation Store

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Ok. Video here.

35:30, an investor asks how many units of CP2077 were sold in Q1 2021, and CD Projekts rep gave an evasive answer.
37:10, that same investor guessed that the game had sold around 800,000 units in Q1, and asked CDP if he was in the ballpark. Again, CDP gave an evasive answer.

Dec 22, 2020 13M copies sold, 8M were preorders (including consoles?)
The rep didn't give an evasive answer. He explained that they are reporting the revenue for the quarter, not the number of copies sold. 60% of CDPR revenue from Q1 came from sales of CP2077. You cannot guesstimate how many copies of the game have they sold based on the numbers calculated for UBI because UBI is it's own distributor in most of the countries and CDP has to deal with local distributors which supply retail stores.
Majority of copies of the game purchased at retail until now were sold by CDPR prior to launch and the revenue from those came in the previous quarters.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
It never ceases to amaze me just how much nit-picking goes on about things that ultimately mean little..

Having a proper police force to deal with cyberpsychos is about as bottom of the barrel as you can expect from the world of Cyberpunk and it cannot even do that....how the heck does that mean little or can you describe it as nit-picking....

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
Having a proper police force to deal with cyberpsychos is about as bottom of the barrel as you can expect from the world of Cyberpunk and it cannot even do that....how the heck does that mean little or can you describe it as nit-picking....
Because Cyberpunk is actually a linear game that tried to pass as an immersive open world, setting false expectation for what it really is, and offer. I played the game from start to finish, and I can tell you that the main story and the side quest, are the only things to do in that game, and those are well made, it's the only thing that people who enjoyed the game will talk about (along with the graphics).

A functional police would bring nothing to the table, beside having a laugh when you are bored and decide to murder a bystander, you have nothing to gain by becoming a mass murderer, it doesn't unlock a new story path, nothing.
Actually the simple fact of being able to harm a pnj, is a liability, because you can sometimes hurt someone by accident, and the police will come after you for that, there's no need for "involuntary man slaughter" in video games :D.

Cyberpunk is a bad open world, simulation, sandbox game, but it's a good linear story driven game. Too bad the management tried to market it as the former.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
Because Cyberpunk is actually a linear game that tried to pass as an immersive open world, setting false expectation for what it really is, and offer. I played the game from start to finish, and I can tell you that the main story and the side quest, are the only things to do in that game, and those are well made, it's the only thing that people who enjoyed the game will talk about (along with the graphics).

A functional police would bring nothing to the table, beside having a laugh when you are bored and decide to murder a bystander, you have nothing to gain by becoming a mass murderer, it doesn't unlock a new story path, nothing.
Actually the simple fact of being able to harm a pnj, is a liability, because you can sometimes hurt someone by accident, and the police will come after you for that, there's no need for "involuntary man slaughter" in video games :D.

Cyberpunk is a bad open world, simulation, sandbox game, but it's a good linear story driven game. Too bad the management tried to market it as the former.

It's a ok story game, the world was big, I used too much time on it, and when I learnt by doing that there was no point or rewards in any side missions that were not part of the linear story I just wanted it to end.
movement\Combat was the most brutally broken thing, there was literally no challenge, enemy AI was stupid as hell, story not that great but not bad either the best was the late midgame story tbh which had a shining moment but a few bugs here and there.

it's not the worst ever, but you need a rtx2070/2060s or 5700xt+, 3600\10400, sata ssd before I'd even tell anyone to fire it up tbh.
graphics doesn't scale down at all imho.

D

Deleted member 177333

My opinion may be unpopular, but I thought the game was trash and I'll admit I played it via "other means" as I didn't trust that it would be any good. Not saying there wasn't anything good, though from a technical standpoint - the animation quality was out of this world excellent, but outside of the graphics, I thought the story was not very good, combat was mediocre, hacking / stealth was mediocre and particularly the endings - I read through every possible ending, and I thought they were all garbage that left me feeling like I had just wasted 95 hours no matter which one I got. IMO, it's just a bad game. I'll certainly never buy it.

you just dip out as you will do again here.
Right. Why do you think that is? Perhaps it's because I don't feel like arguing with a brick wall? Hmm? Or maybe it's because I don't feel like debating with someone who will, as they have done in the past, twist facts to meet their own personal narrative.

The reality is that a lot of people over-reacted to the problems encountered by the original release of CP2077. The fixes that came later had no meaning to them.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
hmm my bad I guess?
I guess I interpreted your statement wrongly, when you said: "I don't understand the complaints", which I saw as a genuine question for information as to what is all wrong with the game, you just meant to say: "this game is extremely flawed and I can see that but I personally dont care about those flaws etc and had a fun time playing it".

although that still leaves that "I don't understand the complaints. At launch ok, but now no.) part, see that just throws me off, its as if you firmly believe that the only thing wrong with the game was the bugs and glitches and performance and not the...oh idk cops just spawning behind you, never driving a car, never seeing that ultra police force coming in with their hovering drop ship except for in that scripted cutscene, not being able to wall climb with your armblades, the fact that the augmentation animation is one scriped one and that never happens again ever and I could go on for a bit but again, JUST WATCH THE VIDEO.
OK, I'll specify what I meant:

I commented on this line from the article: "What remains for CDPR is to re-engage the Cyberpunk 2077 community and repair the game so it can reach its full potential, and give players a chance to finally enjoy the whole experience the game has to offer." - From my point of view, the game in its current state (v1.22) is totally playable on PC. Performance is alright, and the bugs and glitches I encounter every now and then aren't big enough to throw me off the game. There's still some work to do for CDPR, I agree, but the term "repairing the game" implies that the game is still broken, when it's not. I mean, the examples like Jackie walking through the elevator door are laughable, but if you fail to see what else the game has for you, then I guess you never really cared in the first place. As for cops spawning too close, I wouldn't know, as I'm not playing the game like a total retard. This is not GTA after all. There were also comments about the city feeling empty and lifeless somewhere in this forum. For me, Night City feels just as lifeless as any modern city. If you walk the streets of your state's/country's capital, do you see colourful people full of life all around you? I don't know, I see only faceless random bodies going from A to B doing random sh** on their phones while at it. In my opinion, CDPR did an excellent job at capturing what it feels like to be alone among a million people, which sets the atmosphere for the storyline nicely. If this "feeling alone" is a dealbreaker for someone... ugh, I don't know... I could recommend playing something else, I guess?

Edit: Let's also not forget the fact that CP77 is set in a dystopian world. You're not meant to feel joyful and glamorous while walking the streets, interacting with all kinds of interesting people. If you don't read Orwell, and you feel perfectly happy and at home in the 21st century, then I guess this is not the game for you.

The negatives I have against the game in its current state are: 1. minor bugs, 2. uninteresting side missions, 3. mostly useless crafting/levelling system.

And again: I am not commenting on the launch version as I never played it. I understand why some people were upset back then, but I can't share that sentiment. I will watch the video out of pure interest, but as a currently active player of the game, it won't change my opinion about it.

That is something I can agree with.

Last edited:
System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Tell that to EA, Epic, Ubisoft and so on as ALL of them have released games is a less than properly developed state...
I already do by not "purchasing" their games. I did believe CDPR might have been different but CP2077 was a train wreck from day one it was a glitchy ASF bugfest that didn't do half the stuff they purported it to have like the A.I. for example it's complete trash also your life choice which is also meaningless trash because you always end up doing the same old shit no matter who you start as, now let's talk about dialog decision choices and how they were supposed to effect your game play oh that's right there aren't any at the end of the day this nothing more than an expensive overhyped looter shooter where in the end you will always die !. At the end of the day I did have fun playing it but it becomes boring very quickly

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
Eh, CDPR.
Overworking its employees, publicly traded, runs a store.
What was it? "We leave greed to others"?

Eh, CDPR.
Overworking its employees, publicly traded, runs a store.
What was it? "We leave greed to others"?
That was a failed attempt at blame-shifting. There is nothing wrong with running a business and wanting to succeed. Additionally, CP2077 is easily one of the most ambitious games ever created. There were bound to be some issues. Some of us expected that there would be some problems that would surface after release. It's called realistic expectations.

I am sick to death of all the CDPR bashing(especially from journalists who should know better).

Seriously, the game is perfect now and is a blast to play.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well, all the good wills CDPR has gathered over the years just went poof with CP2077, now they are in the same bin as EA and Activision.

Aye, but not the same, no fcking were near. They just should of stayed with a PC release and not consoles but i guess they wanted to hit that ne console release and they payed for it.

Hopefully they will get the PC much better than it is now which i am sure they will but i think they dropped the ball on this and took way to much on.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
That was a failed attempt at blame-shifting. There is nothing wrong with running a business and wanting to succeed. Additionally, CP2077 is easily one of the most ambitious games ever created. There were bound to be some issues. Some of us expected that there would be some problems that would surface after release. It's called realistic expectations.

I am sick to death of all the CDPR bashing(especially from journalists who should know better).

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but the bugs and small annoyances are far too minor to affect enjoyment. If one doesn't care, and only plays the game to find faults and justify some journalists' (day one) claims, that's another story. Immersion requires willingness to be immersed, I guess.

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2

They are free to run their business however they want, i'm free to make fun of their hypocrisy.
What realistic expectations, this shit was hyped to the moon.
I guess Sony are haters too, for taking it off the store.
As for the game been perfect now, no comment is needed, an emoji would suffice :laugh:.
I haven't touched this shit since release day, maybe i'll give it a try in 2-3 years when the development is finished, if the company is still around that is.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I wouldn't say it's perfect, but the bugs and small annoyances are far too minor to affect enjoyment. If one doesn't care, and only plays the game to find faults and justify some journalists' (day one) claims, that's another story. Immersion requires willingness to be immersed, I guess.

Thing is they will still work on the title to improve it even more unlike most other company's.

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but the bugs and small annoyances are far too minor to affect enjoyment.
Right.

i'm free to make fun of their hypocrisy.
You're also free to embarrass yourself in failing to do so.
As for the game been perfect now, no comment is needed, an emoji would suffice :laugh:.
Hold that thought.
I haven't touched this shit since release day,
And there's your problem.

GTA5 was a pathetic mess when it was first released. Within 3 months they had most of the issues sorted out. However, there are STILL day-one bugs and glitches that have yet to be fixed.

I could keep going like that but stating the logical and reasonable is generally lost on people who have little better to do than to "shitpost" about things...

They just should of stayed with a PC release and not consoles
That's a good point. Or at the very least delay the console release until the latest consoles hit the market.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Aye, but not the same, no fcking were near. They just should of stayed with a PC release and not consoles but i guess they wanted to hit that ne console release and they payed for it.

Hopefully they will get the PC much better than it is now which i am sure they will but i think they dropped the ball on this and took way to much on.

I have been saying the same thing, CDPR trying to please all crowds ended up pissing almost everyone off LMAO.
Even when PC version is the best, it has so many bugs that continue to exist 6 months after launch, why? because CDPR is only focusing on fixing the broken console ports. DLC? yeah right, maybe never at this point.
This is like a guy trying to do 10 tasks at the same time and fail all of them, and CDPR still hasn't learned their lesson.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I think the title explained the situation. A lot of people were buying or wanted to buy CP2077 since it is not available the sales go down sharply.
I have been saying the same thing, CDPR trying to please all crowds ended up pissing almost everyone off LMAO.
Oh yeah they have made a huge mistake. They wanted kinda a good thing giving the chance to play the game to everybody or most of the gaming community but maybe, they should have stopped at a modern consoles.

You do understand that it is still a 15 fps game on some platforms it was launched on? Hardly a blast to play.

the pc version is not the problematic one anymore.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
You do understand that it is still a 15 fps game on some platforms it was launched on? Hardly a blast to play.

the pc version is not the problematic one anymore.
He says now not when it was launched. It will never be better on the PS4 for instance. The system is just too slow to handle it and when you wipe all the details from the CP2077 it changes the game.

He says now not when it was launched. It will never be better on the PS4 for instance. The system is just too slow to handle it and when you wipe all the details from the CP2077 it changes the game.
I was not referring to when it was launched. It is still a 15 fps game. Saying that a 15 fps game is a blast to play is some major bullshit.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
I was not referring to when it was launched. It is still a 15 fps game. Saying that a 15 fps game is a blast to play is some major bullshit.
right. It's not 15FPS all the way you know. The game is a blast to play on a PC. That should be more accurate.

right. It's not 15FPS all the way you know. The game is a blast to play on a PC. That should be more accurate.
15fps in most combat situations is not nice, you know?

The game runs just fine on any pc that greatly exceeds the recommended pc spec. I don’t however think it’s ”a blast to play”, due to it’s repetitive nature and boring combat, but I’m under the assumption that some may think that.

Software Windows 10 Pro

The game runs just fine on any pc that greatly exceeds the recommended pc spec. I don’t however think it’s ”a blast to play”, due to it’s repetitive nature and boring combat, but I’m under the assumption that some may think that.
A friend of mine played at launch. He barely had 20 fps on his 1060 6 GB on low settings. I however, started playing v1.2 and average about 35 fps on 1080 high 80% scaling on my 4 GB 1650. A lot has changed since launch apparently. You don't need to exceed (not even meet) the recommended spec to play and enjoy the game.

Edit: How is the combat system in CP77 boring in a world dominated by a million iterations of Call of Duty and Battlefield? :wtf:

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim

I know but just wanted to be more specific. Not all is 15FPS even though it isn't, it still sucks.

Yes it does run well on a PC. I think it is engaging and looks nice. Some bugs are still there but the game is OK in my eyes. I'm sure you will find a game that's less repetitive for your liking. As for me, the game's combat is not repetitive. You can engage any battle in a different way stealth and open battle for instance and more depending on your character skills. I'm sure a lot of games have that option.