• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Next Battlefield is Battlefield 2042 Set in World War 3

D

Deleted member 185088

A future battlefield game. The concept is great, it gives the team way more flexibility. But Russia as an enemy? That's kinda played out as a trope these days, we've seen it before and it leaves a bit of a sour taste since we never got BFBC3.

That being said this may be interesting. Of course if we see mention of anything from the SJW camp I'm writing this one off like everything else past BFV.

As has been covered many times, the portrayal of women on BFV has nothing to do with how women actually fought in WWII. Women did not fight on the front lines going toe to toe alongside their ethnically diverse PoC checkboxes with robot arms.

Of course if BFV has been set as a precursor to the bad company line of games it would have been fine (notice how nobody complains about all the historical inaccuracies in the wolfenstein games, bad company 2, or BF 2142), but the intention here was not to make a decent narrative. No, the intention was to push a SJW woke narrative, that's why their response to why they did this was "this is how we interpret history" and telling people to not buy it if they didnt want it. They put historical revisionism into their game presenting it as historically accurate and hoped nobody would notice, then got pissed when people called them out for it while their fellow wokes didnt spend a dime on it, as usual.

Incidentally BFV's campaign was boring trash. Because wokesters cant write worth a damn. It's all about that agenda, and it doesnt translate to entertaining media.
Why is it a problem to portray women? It is fine it's just a game, no one complaints about the magical auto heal that ruins the game and makes medics useless, or worse still planes that auto repair in the sky?
While I don't adhere to the SJW ideals, those who suddenly became historians (weirdly none of them noticed the absence of the Great Patriotic War which is basically ww2 in Europe) and criticised developers for including women. It shows their hypocrisy in a similar way to pro-lifers and homophobes.
Just don't play as a woman or don't play the game, but don't pretend suddenly to be an expert on ww2.

System Name Little Girl
Processor Intel Q9650 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte x48 DQ6
Cooling liquid cooling
Memory 4gb (2x2) OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD6950 unlock to Asus 6970 specs
Storage Crucial CT128M225 128gb SSD
Display(s) Acer 27" LCD @ 2048x1152
Case DIY (spit & glue, ducktape, cardboard)
Audio Device(s) On-board HD Audio
Power Supply ABS Tagan 850w
Software Win7 64bit
Full price for no single player. I hope this is not going to be a trend.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
Cooling stock crap AMD wraith cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GBs
Storage Adata Gammix S11 Pro 1TB nvme
Case Corsair Caribide Air 540
What's with the sea of salty incel indignation? It's new game, keep the "ewww no women in my games pls, mgtow" comments to BF5 threads.

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
I might jump in but I have to see whats new, I always loved BF and it has been interesting following the series.

here, bit of nostaligia:

This reminds me of those old days. :)
BF is my beloved series, as can already be seen from my Avatar which is referring indirectly to BF through Frostbite Engine. :D

I have to say though, I was not fully satisfied with BFV and it was the only one since long time that I played only a very little.
I loved all the previous ones and played almost infinite number of hours of multiplayer. :D

Last edited:
System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Just make Titanfall 3 already...with double the single player campaign if possible. :)

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
I haven't played BF since the outstanding BF4. I have a preference for games like this in set in a "current'ish" time frame. So those games from 100 years ago or 100 years in the future, those are no goes for me. Lets hope this 20 years into the future isn't anything to crazy. I don't want any Star Trek pocket lasers.

System Name schweinestalle
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X
Motherboard Asus Prime - Pro X 570 + Asus PCI -E AC68 Dual Band Wi-Fi Adapter
Cooling Standard Air
Memory Kingston HyperX 2 x 16 gb DDR 4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8 GB Strix
Storage Intel SSD 240 gb Speed Demon & WD 240 SSD Blue & WD 250 SSD & WD Green 500gb SSD & Seagate 1 TB Sata
Display(s) Asus XG 32 V ROG
Case Corsair AIR ATX
Audio Device(s) Realtech standard
Power Supply Corsair 850 Modular
Mouse CM Havoc
Keyboard Corsair Cherry Mechanical
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores Unigine_Superposition 4K ultra 7582
I might jump in but I have to see whats new, I always loved BF and it has been interesting following the series.

here, bit of nostaligia:

yeah i am a big fan and must agree bf2 has been my fav. they should bring the commander back

This reminds me of those old days. :)
BF is my beloved series, as can already be seen from my Avatar which is referring indirectly to BF through Frostbite Engine. :D

I have to say though, I was not fully satisfied with BFV and it was the only one since long time that I played only a very little.
I loved all the previous ones and played almost infinite number of hours of multiplayer. :D

same bf5 the maps were to small and the snipers imo annoyed the shit out of me

yeah i am a big fan and must agree

looks good on paper and reminds me of bf4

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 197223

Tanks in WW3 when you have ICBMs... okay....

The only war that works in this day and age are proxy wars. And those tend to be smaller than most Call of Battlefield maps.

System Name Ryzen/Laptop/htpc
Processor R9 3900X/i7 6700HQ/i7 2600
Motherboard AsRock X470 Taichi/Acer/ Gigabyte H77M
Cooling Corsair H115i pro with 2 Noctua NF-A14 chromax/OEM/Noctua NH-L12i
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @3200/16GB DDR4 2666 HyperX impact/24GB
Video Card(s) TUL Red Dragon Vega 56/Intel HD 530 - GTX 950m/ 970 GTX
Storage 970pro NVMe 512GB,Samsung 860evo 1TB, 3x4TB WD gold/Transcend 830s, 1TB Toshiba/Adata 256GB + 1TB WD
Display(s) Philips FTV 32 inch + Dell 2407WFP-HC/OEM/Sony KDL-42W828B
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Acer Barebone/Enermax
Audio Device(s) SoundBlasterX AE-5 (Dell A525)(HyperX Cloud Alpha)/mojo/soundblaster xfi gamer
Power Supply Seasonic focus+ 850 platinum (SSR-850PX)/165 Watt power brick/Enermax 650W
Mouse G502 Hero/M705 Marathon/G305 Hero Lightspeed
Keyboard G19/oem/Steelseries Apex 300
Software Win10 pro 64bit
I will just follow their advice and not buy it.

Low quality post by Lionheart
System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2Ghz - 5Ghz CPU
Motherboard MSI B650I Edge Wifi ITX Motherboard
Cooling CM 280mm AIO + 2x 120mm Slim fans
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4060 8GB (Temporary Until Next Gen)
Storage Kingston KC3000 M.2 1TB + 2TB HDD
Display(s) Asus TUF 24Inch 165Hz || AOC 24Inch 180Hz
Case Cooler Master NR200P Max TG ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold 850W PSU
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
What's with the sea of salty incel indignation? It's new game, keep the "ewww no women in my games pls, mgtow" comments to BF5 threads.

Stop coating soy on your kebabs.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Arous Elite V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120
Memory Kingston FURY Renegade 3600Mhz @ 3733 tight timings
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800
Storage 36TB
Display(s) Samsung QN90A
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Khadas Tone Pro 2, HD660s, KSC75, JBL 305 MK1
Power Supply Coolermaster V850 Gold V2
Mouse Roccat Burst Pro
Keyboard Dogshit with Otemu Brown
Software W10 LTSC 2021
looking good

Tanks in WW3 when you have ICBMs... okay....

The only war that works in this day and age are proxy wars. And those tend to be smaller than most Call of Battlefield maps.

I guess Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Syrian Civil war are completely off your radar?

I think your only modern definition of proxy wars in a small region not requiring tanks was Crimea - and they mostly walked-in unopposed!

ICBMS have always been a fail-safe for a sore loser. (you only use them if you need to retaliate from a first-strike, or you have no other out).You can't hold a contested piece of land with an ICBM (nobody believes you will launch it), and until we make a self-driving, self-aiming tank, you will ned humans inside them.

Last edited:

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
I am looking forward to this game! I loved BF 2142, BF 3 and BF 4 (sadly I missed out on BF 2). Didn't care for BF 1 or BF 5.

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5700X
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Alpenföhn Dolomit Premium
Memory Kingston Fury Beast 16 GB
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4070 Dual OC 12 GB
Storage Kingston Fury Renegade 1 TB, Western Digital Red 2 TB
Display(s) Dell G2724D
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DSX + Microlab B-77
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-550
Mouse Zowie ZA11
Keyboard Genius KB-235
Software Windows 10 Pro
Full price for no single player. I hope this is not going to be a trend.
Battlefield has never been about single player, so it was about time they let it go.

D

Deleted member 197223

I guess Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Syrian Civil war are completely off your radar?

I think your only modern definition of proxy wars in a small region not requiring tanks was Crimea - and they mostly walked-in unopposed!

ICBMS have always been a fail-safe for a sore loser. (you only use them if you need to retaliate from a first-strike, or you have no other out).You can't hold a contested piece of land with an ICBM (nobody believes you will launch it), and until we make a self-driving, self-aiming tank, you will ned humans inside them.
Respawning has never been a thing in real life, nor has it been possible to repair an aircraft midflight. Or having one person controlling an entire tank. But in Battlefield: Your dreams will become true, that is a possibility. I mean remember when norwegians slaughtered nazi armies when they got invaded? I sure don't, but that's historical accuracy for ya because no one cared..

If you missed my point about throwing nukes at each other, then there's really no point going further into that topic. So hurry and call the waaaambulance!

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
I was actually pretty pumped after watching the reveal trailer. :rockout:

Hours later the news popped up about the EA hack & the stolen Frostbite 3 source code, and all hope is lost. It really looked like they removed the bad captain in the team (SJW extremist "If you don't like it, don't buy it" Mr. Patrick Soderlund) & get the turn, but as it looks they're heading full force for the next ice berg. Just so sad what EA did to the Battlefield franchise in the recent years. After BF4 it really went down the drain. Bad map design, bad game mechanics, messing up the class system, and the most stupid decision: dropping Punkbuster anti cheat after BF4. Which is the main reason why BF Hardline, BF1 & BF5 died quickly, cheaters are rampant in FPS games that don't have a working anti cheat.

I'll get a cold beer ready & enjoy the sh*tshow unfolding live on Twitch at release date. Pretty sure it will be a never before seen hackfest. EA shares will bottom out & the sales will be so bad, that we will not see another Battlefield game for a long time. This will be total madness. :toast: And remember kids, Do NOT Preorder !!!

Now all they need is a system that prevent cheaters playing, and ban them..........

Yesterday in BF V in a match with 500 tickets, a guy was already with 80 kills and 4 deaths in 5 to 8min of the game.... so....

EA if your are reading something somewhere on the internet... please ban cheaters *constantly*

System Name schweinestalle
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X
Motherboard Asus Prime - Pro X 570 + Asus PCI -E AC68 Dual Band Wi-Fi Adapter
Cooling Standard Air
Memory Kingston HyperX 2 x 16 gb DDR 4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8 GB Strix
Storage Intel SSD 240 gb Speed Demon & WD 240 SSD Blue & WD 250 SSD & WD Green 500gb SSD & Seagate 1 TB Sata
Display(s) Asus XG 32 V ROG
Case Corsair AIR ATX
Audio Device(s) Realtech standard
Power Supply Corsair 850 Modular
Mouse CM Havoc
Keyboard Corsair Cherry Mechanical
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores Unigine_Superposition 4K ultra 7582
I was actually pretty pumped after watching the reveal trailer. :rockout:

Hours later the news popped up about the EA hack & the stolen Frostbite 3 source code, and all hope is lost. It really looked like they removed the bad captain in the team (SJW extremist "If you don't like it, don't buy it" Mr. Patrick Soderlund) & get the turn, but as it looks they're heading full force for the next ice berg. Just so sad what EA did to the Battlefield franchise in the recent years. After BF4 it really went down the drain. Bad map design, bad game mechanics, messing up the class system, and the most stupid decision: dropping Punkbuster anti cheat after BF4. Which is the main reason why BF Hardline, BF1 & BF5 died quickly, cheaters are rampant in FPS games that don't have a working anti cheat.

I'll get a cold beer ready & enjoy the sh*tshow unfolding live on Twitch at release date. Pretty sure it will be a never before seen hackfest. EA shares will bottom out & the sales will be so bad, that we will not see another Battlefield game for a long time. This will be total madness. :toast: And remember kids, Do NOT Preorder !!!

didnt know that they dropped punkbuster , makes sence now why k/d ratio went frakin sideways in bf1 and bf5 :mad:

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
didnt know that they dropped punkbuster , makes sence now why k/d ratio went frakin sideways in bf1 and bf5 :mad:

Yep, they dropped Punkbuster in favour of FairFight, which does only server side statistic checks, no scan on player PC's for running hax.

Just the fact alone that you have propagandists aka. "Influencers" like JackFrags stopped streaming / uploading Battlefield gameplay & are forced to adress the cheating situation shows how catastrophal the situation actually is. Saving some bucks on a propper anti cheat, and loosing a massive player / customer base in the long run, plus bad PR. Pretty dazzling that you still have CEO's who are selling this as a win to their share holders. :kookoo:

And the cherry on the cake is that EA and/or some key resellers allow game purchases by "unsafe" payment methods, like stolen/fake credit card credentials. Mostly used by these rage haxors. It takes days or even weeks before they get banned or their key disabled, and in the meanwhile they ruin the game for everyone else, sometimes even promote their hax sites in the ingame chat. And when they are banned, they just "buy" a new key. Absolute bonkers. :twitch:

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
BFV is pretty decent today.
it was awful at launch but it got better, received content updates, and a lot of general balancing and QOL updates.

if it would have released in the current state it would be one of the top 3 battlefield games.

Last edited:
Yep, they dropped Punkbuster in favour of FairFight, which does only server side statistic checks, no scan on player PC's for running hax.

Just the fact alone that you have propagandists aka. "Influencers" like JackFrags stopped streaming / uploading Battlefield gameplay & are forced to adress the cheating situation shows how catastrophal the situation actually is. Saving some bucks on a propper anti cheat, and loosing a massive player / customer base in the long run, plus bad PR. Pretty dazzling that you still have CEO's who are selling this as a win to their share holders. :kookoo:

And the cherry on the cake is that EA and/or some key resellers allow game purchases by "unsafe" payment methods, like stolen/fake credit card credentials. Mostly used by these rage haxors. It takes days or even weeks before they get banned or their key disabled, and in the meanwhile they ruin the game for everyone else, sometimes even promote their hax sites in the ingame chat. And when they are banned, they just "buy" a new key. Absolute bonkers. :twitch:
JackFrags is all about CoD Warzone these days.

System Name All Switched Up
Processor Intel Core i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi w/ EK monoblock
Cooling Custom EK Watercooling loop - 2x 360 | 1x 240 Rads
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra w/ EK Quantum Vector Waterblock + Active Backplate
Storage 1x Samsung 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD - 1x Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
Display(s) Viewsonix XG270QG Elite 1440p x2
Case Lian Li O11Dynamic XL - White
Audio Device(s) ifi Zen CAN/DAC | Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC | Sennheiser HD 6XX | HiFiMan HE-5XX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P6 Platinum
Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless | Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro w/ Holy Panda's
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores yes
Curious about what easter eggs DICE is going to spread throughout the BF2042 maps..

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I dont think troops close combat in the WW3, nonsense mechanic

agreed. WW3 is going to be mostly drones imo. or since everyone and their mom has a kneejerk reaction to everything these days, lots and lots of bombs. doubt there will be any actual combat. EA would been better off making Titanfall 3. Titanfall 2 was some of the best fun I had in gaming in a long long time. but EA is just milking eh

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
With up to 128 players, across the globe? This will be the worst BF experience yet!!!!