• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aqua Computer Introduces Innovative Water Cooling System Protected Against Leakage

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
[Editor's note: Our review of the Aqua Computer LEAKSHIELD can be found here]

The German company Aqua Computer introduces a breakthrough system to prevent leakage in water cooling systems. The system, called LEAKSHIELD, actively creates an optimally calculated negative pressure in the cooling system that prevents coolant from escaping in the event of a leak. If a leak occurs, only air is sucked into the cooling system. This works very reliably even in the case of larger leaks, such as broken acrylic glass components. An integrated vacuum pump is activated in a fraction of a second and maintains the negative pressure. A demonstration video shows several examples how LEAKSHIELD helps to prevent a leak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UiRv0nDch0

In addition, the protection system uses a pressure sensor with a resolution of less than 0.0001 bar to detect and indicate even the smallest leaks. This allows countermeasures to be taken at a very early stage - ideally even before the system is filled with coolant. Although LEAKSHIELD was developed by Aqua Computer for the ULTITUBE reservoir series, it can also be used with reservoirs from other brands using an adapter kit. The minimal size of the sophisticated device is impressive: all components have been integrated into the small cover of the reservoir. Power supply and control are provided via USB. The device has an OLED display and a push-button control. This allows the most important functions to be controlled directly on the device.

An output can be connected to the mainboard's power button and switch off the PC in case of a leak. In case of a leak, the device also has an acoustic and visual alarm. Aqua Computer has implemented advanced functions in LEAKSHIELD: The device can precisely determine the level in the reservoir and also suck coolant into the system for the filling process. The often difficult deaeration during initial setup is also simplified by special vacuum cycles. As usual, LEAKSHIELD is controlled by Aqua Computer's comprehensive aquasuite software. Extensive visualizations, charts and alarms by e-mail etc. are available.

Aqua Computer offers the variant for ULTITUBE reservoirs at a price of 119.90 EUR. The standalone variant for operation with other reservoirs is available for 139.90 EUR. Aqua Computer assumes that systems without this technology will not meet the technical standard in the future.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Cool email when my fluid is low :cool:

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
Interesting concept.
It seems at the moment the reservoir combo (ULTITUBE) comes only with D5.
In big loops with GPU and CPU plus multiple radiators, I rather use DDC Laing because of static pressure advantages.
Hopefully they will make one together with DDC.

This will integrate well into my Aquacomputer setup.:rolleyes:
I already own Vision and MPS high flow sensor that I can monitor over Aquasuite.

Only one thing I am little bit annoyed about is that Aquasuite Software license only comes with yearly free updates and then one need to pay money to get updates for every extra year. :(

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Interesting concept.
It seems at the moment the reservoir combo (ULTITUBE) comes only with D5.
In big loops with GPU and CPU plus multiple radiators, I rather use DDC Laing because of static pressure advantages.
Hopefully they will make one together with DDC.

This will integrate well into my Aquacomputer setup.:rolleyes:
I already own Vision and MPS high flow sensor that I can monitor over Aquasuite.

Only one thing I am little bit annoyed about is that Aquasuite Software license only comes with yearly free updates and then one need to pay money to get updates for every extra year. :(

18 months of updates with the LEAKSHIELD, the timing depends on the product.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Another product that profits of builders fears, Smmh!!!

System Name Main Machine
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Software Win 11
18 months of updates with the LEAKSHIELD, the timing depends on the product.
I had originally two years of license when I bought Vision and MPS.

The standalone version of this also looks interesting as well.
It can fit into my current setup of DDC pump with EKWB reservior.
Need to read in details about it to check compatibility with my setup.

I have time though to think about it as it is new product and not yet available. They mention on their website that availability is 60days. :laugh:

I general I like their products. MPS is connected to an internal USB HUB so that I don't need to connect that by pulling cable to back of PC. That hub has still place to connect more internal USB devices. :laugh:

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I had originally two years of license when I bought Vision and MPS.

The standalone version of this also looks interesting as well.
It can fit into my current setup of DDC pump with EKWB reservior.
Need to read in details about it to check compatibility with my setup.

I have time though to think about it as it is new product and not yet available. They mention on their website that availability is 60days. :laugh:

I general I like their products. MPS is connected to an internal USB HUB so that I don't need to connect that by pulling cable to back of PC. That hub has still place to connect more internal USB devices. :laugh:
I think the 60 days and red marker is basically the default, but best to contact @Shoggy about this.

System Name Main Machine
Software Win 11
I think the 60 days and red marker is basically the default, but best to contact @Shoggy about this.
Thanks for the hint. :)
I will contact him.
I was in process of updating somethings in my loop and while I am onto it, I could including something like this inside loop.:D

Reactions: VSG