• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Unleashes AMD X570S Motherboards with Fanless Chipset Cooling

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, and hardware solutions announced the launch of the newest X570S AORUS series motherboards primed to unleash the potential of the recently released AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors with enhanced DrMOS direct power design and 6 layers and above ultra cool PCB for higher stability. The whole series equip with a brand new passive chipset thermal design and up to four sets of high thermal efficiency armored PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots with M.2 Thermal Guard III, which ensures effective heat dissipation of full operation on chipsets and 7000 MB/s high speed operating on NVMe SSDs without throttling by overheating. The brand new X570S series motherboards kick off the PCIe 4.0 era with extensive feature sets.

The flagship X570S AORUS MASTER motherboard is fitted with a 16-phase direct digital power design for the more solid power management and optimized overclocking performance. With advanced heat dissipation technology of Fins-Array II Stacked Fins Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe II and Smart Fan 6, GIGIABYTE X570S motherboards can maintain cool and high performance under high loading operation. Furthermore, GIGABYTE Active OC Tuner technology integrated in select motherboards to provide a more flexible performance improvement.

"AMD is excited for the launch of new and innovative X570 motherboards, bringing even more offerings to the AMD Socket AM4 platform," said Chris Kilburn, corporate vice president and general manager, client component business unit, AMD. "These new motherboards will continue to showcase the groundbreaking performance of the AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors, maximizing the potential for enthusiasts, gamers, and content creators alike."

The entire X570S lineup integrates a 2.5 GbE high speed LAN while select X570S AORUS motherboards feature WIFI 6 with blazing fast 2.4 Gbps connection speeds, and even WIFI 6E 802.11ax wireless network, as well as front USB 3.2 Type-C interface for more convenient usage. Moreover, select X570S AORUS motherboards equip USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C for a more speedy data transfer up to 20 Gbps. GIGABYTE also release X570S AERO G for creators. With built-in the same level power materials, thermal planning, high-speed network, and 4 sets of PCIe 4.0 M.2 interfaces as other X570S motherboards, X570S AERO G also features the VisionLINK function that is well-received by the creators to provide them a more effective transform from ideas to creation.

"Providing users with the best product has always been Gigabyte's mission, while the top-quality AMD platform motherboards with excellent compatibility, high efficiency and low temperature demonstrates our strong strength in the development of AMD motherboards. "said Jackson Hsu, Director of the GIGABYTE Channel Solutions Product Development Division. " GIGABYTE's X570S series motherboards are developed by gamers and professional designers who pursue performance, and are enhanced by the features of 16-phase direct digital power design, advanced VRM thermal design, silent cooling design without chipset fan, several PCIe 4.0 interfaces, blazing fast LAN, updated BIOS, and R&D's adjustment. This series definitely impress the performance chaser by the performance and stability and become the perfect choice for high-end users who plans to assemble AMD platforms. "

Silent Thermal Design Demonstrates The Strong Hardware Design Power
With optimized hardware layouts design, GIGABYTE X570S motherboards equip with enlarged-surface chipset heatsink which enable the lineup upgrading to passive thermal design while maintain the same heat dissipation efficiency. This passive thermal design solve the noise problem of the X570 chipset fan, and further avoid dusting of the cooling fan which proves again GIGABYTE's leading role in the industry. The X570S motherboards features several optimized thermal designs of Fins-ArrayII, Direct Touch Heatpipe II, exclusive M.2 Thermal Guard III with doubled-thickness and double-sided heighten heatsinks on the M.2 SSD, which can boost thermal performance in a silent way. Further enhanced by Hybrid fans, multiple temperature detections, dual fan curves of 7-phase adjustment modes, and smart fan control of Smart Fan 6 Technology, promising the processor, VRM, chipset, or even the highest speed of 7000 MB/s Gen4 M.2 SSD with no throttling or performance reduce by overheating.

Enhanced Stability Of Power Supply And The Convenience Of Dynamic Overclocking
In addition to the improvements on thermal design, GIGABYTE also greatly enhanced the power supply design of the X570S motherboards to perfectly release the ultimate performance of AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors. GIGABYTE packs at least 14 phases digital power design on each ATX board in X570S AORUS Series. Applying to different requests of power consumption, GIGABYTE uses MOSFETs of upmost 90 A Smart Power Stage or DrMOS to ensure a more stable current flow, better power and thermal management while the CPU is running at its full potential, which can perfectly unleash the extreme performance and overclocking power of processors.

The high-end model X570S AORUS MASTER boasts a 16-phase direct digital power design with each Power Stage phase capable of managing up to 70A for lower impedance and improved loading balance of power phases, just like the flagship model X570 AORUS XTREME motherboard. With 16-phase to work with, the power demand is evenly processed by each phase to avoid long-time high loading operation of one single phase with further reduction of the heat and power consumption. This improve the overall power efficiency, durability and service life of the motherboard, which enabling users to maximize the overclocking potential on the AMD Ryzen 5000 desktop processors without the concerns of overclocking failures or diminished performance caused by unstable or overheated power supply.

X570S AORUS MASTER, AORUS PRO AX and AERO G models are particularly equipped with GIGABYTE's newly developed the Active OC Tuner active overclocking technology. The CPU overclocking frequency and the number of operating cores can be dynamically switched between the default precise-overclocking function PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) and manual overclocking according to different requirements of current configuration and characteristics of running applications. This technology allows user to execute corresponding application by frequency and core numbers to enjoy the maximum performance. Users have no need to confirm the loading or whether it requires multi-cores before running different applications then struggle in the BIOS to switch between PBO and manual overclocking. With GIGABYTE Active OC Tuner active overclocking technology, users can have it both ways once they activate this function to enjoy the advantages of optimized automatic overclocking settings and an more enjoyable system operation with ease.

Storage Performance Boost By Advanced PCIe 4.0 Interface
GIGABYTE X570S AORUS motherboards boast the performance potential of PCIe 4.0 and refine the design of its motherboards to elevate the performance of peripheral components. Design features such as 6-layer and above, 2x copper PCBs with lower inductance, and a PCIe 4.0 B-CLK IC on select model to maximize the PCIe bandwidth with increasing the data transmission capacity on PCIe storage devices and boosting overclocking performance from CPUs and memory. The motherboards unlock hidden performance potential on peripheral components, allowing for blazing fast transmission speeds on these devices. GIGABYTE X570S lineup makes capital out of the PCIe 4.0 interface from the CPU and X570 chipsets, with four PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots on select models, four sets of AORUS 7000S SSDs can operate synchronizely by building a RAID array for impressive storage performance. Enhanced M.2 Thermal Guards III also successfully reduce the chances of thermal throttling and allow users to fully take advantage of the new PCIe 4.0 interface.

More Flexible Ethernet and WIFI Network With Easier High-Speed Transfer Expansions
The entire X570S lineup offers a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet connection speeds for gamers to have the faster and more stable wired network connectivity. All WIFI enabled models in the lineup feature the Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax standard which delivers blazing fast 2.4 Gbps connection speeds that almost rival the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet connection speeds. X570S AORUS MASTER further builds in Intel Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax network with 6 GHz frequency bands for a smoother connections. With both high-speed Ethernet and WIFI, users have extra flexibility and ridiculously fast connection speeds. X570S lineup also integrates front USB 3.2 Type-C interface for enhanced convenience while select AORUS X570S series motherboards adopt USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C with up to 20 Gbps bandwidth for ultrafast transfer speed. With GIGABYTE VISION DRIVE 1 TB external SSD, users can get the full benefit from this high-speed transmission.

Fan favorite and well-received features make their return to GIGABYTE X570S motherboards. Sleek aesthetics design, RGB Fusion LED lighting, Ultra durable quality, Hi-Fi audio, and many more trademark features have been further refined and added to the mix with AMD's built-in features. The entire X570S lineup comes with the newest version of Q-Flash Plus Technology. Users can easily update the BIOS without even installing a processor, memory, graphics cards, or booting up the PC so they can flash the BIOS and have no worries about not being able to boot up the system due to an unsupported BIOS version.

The Innovative X570S AERO G For Creators
GIGABYTE integrated the AERO and VISION products for creators into the AERO series to integrate product series names and increase market focus, as well as maximizing brand management and consumer product marketing strategies. Starting from the AMD platform, X570S AERO G will be released concurrently as X570S series, and the VISION series will become a part of AERO.

The new X570S AERO G adopts 14 phases all-digital power supply of high-quality Intersil PWM controller with 60 Amps per phase DrMOS design, and equips with the new fully covered heat sink of twice heat dissipation area to provide more stable and ultra cool power supply. X570S AERO G features full functions exclusive for creators, with four sets of thermal-armored PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, promising no throttling under the overheat by heavy operation. X570S AERO G also adopts renowned VisionLINK technology, which allows for data and video transmission based on USB Type-C cable and provides pen displays power delivery up to 60W. VisionLINK technology brings the benefit of easy data transfer and convenient power charging to creators without cable clutter, which save them more time and effort for the content creation. Meanwhile, the features of 2.5 GbE Ethernet, Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax wireless network, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C, front Type-C interface, and Active OC Tuner technology enable a great improvement on work efficiency for creators.

GIGABYTE X570S series motherboards use only the finest components reinforced by GIGABYTE Ultra Durable Technology with comprehensive functions. This series become the excellent choice for users seeking to build a high-end PC system and enjoy the GIGABYTE's exclusive technologies have to offer.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name R9 5950x/Skylake 6400
Processor R9 5950x/i5 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360/Stock
Memory 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G4440 CL14/G.S Ripjaws 32 GB F4-3200C16D-32GV
Video Card(s) 7900XTX/6900XT
Storage RIP Seagate 530 4TB (died after 7 months), WD SN850 2TB, Aorus 2TB, Corsair MP600 1TB / 960 Evo 1TB
Display(s) 3x LG 27gl850 1440p
Case Custom builds
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Silverstone 1000watt modular Gold/1000Watt Antec
Software Win11pro/win10pro / Win10 Home / win7 / wista 64 bit and XPpro
4 M.2 drives is nice - would be temptet if I needed a replacement again

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
How dit they get 4 m.2 slots. I mean, how does that work with the pcie lanes available. Added another chip to increase pcie lanes amount.

About chipset fan is a good thing. But not jealous on that as I have a asus crosshair dark hero x570 and that is fan less as well. But 4 m.2 slots i am a bit jealous about, cause that would mean I dit not need sata ports or cables for any SSD. Only for hdd. Less cable mess.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
How dit they get 4 m.2 slots. I mean, how does that work with the pcie lanes available. Added another chip to increase pcie lanes amount.

I'm not quite sure but there are up to two 4x NVME from the CPU and up to two 4x NVME from the X570(S) chipset. The problem I see is that although all four of those 4x NVME slots are gen4, they're joined by a single 4x link between the CPU and chipset. The extra IC they're talking about is just a clock stabiliser from what I can tell, it doesn't circumvent the limit of how many PCIe lanes there are.

I'm also presuming that the configurability of both the CPU and Chipset lanes to maximise NVME slots means that those boards run the bare minimum of SATA ports and onboard networking, expecting you to use one of the chipset's remaining eight lanes to add in your own high-bandwidth networking, which is surely a requirement for something that needs four PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives....

System Name Pac Man Nightmare
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard B550 Aorus pro ax
Cooling Custom Bykski
Memory Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage Samsung nvme ssd 960 500Gb+Crucial Mx 500 ssd 2Tb
Case NZXT H200I "Flow" ; )
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
No mini ITX. Well, what a success.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
No mini ITX. Well, what a success.
B550 pretty much killed off x570 mITX. There's not enough space on an mITX board to take advantage of the extra stuff an x570 has over a B550.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I'm not quite sure but there are up to two 4x NVME from the CPU and up to two 4x NVME from the X570(S) chipset. The problem I see is that although all four of those 4x NVME slots are gen4, they're joined by a single 4x link between the CPU and chipset. The extra IC they're talking about is just a clock stabiliser from what I can tell, it doesn't circumvent the limit of how many PCIe lanes there are.

I'm also presuming that the configurability of both the CPU and Chipset lanes to maximise NVME slots means that those boards run the bare minimum of SATA ports and onboard networking, expecting you to use one of the chipset's remaining eight lanes to add in your own high-bandwidth networking, which is surely a requirement for something that needs four PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives....
Looks like six SATA ports to me, but two are shared with one of the NVMe slots. Only two boards with four NVMe slots though.

x570s.png

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Nice. The use of two PCIe switches makes that very flexible but you obviously need to be careful what you plug in and where otherwise stuff won't work!
Edit: Wait, that's terrible! One of the NVMe slots is stuck with a single lane which would cripple performance to about 1.8GB/s instead of 7GB/s!

Personally I wish that AMD would let you split the PCIe 4.0 x16 off the CPU into an x8 and two x4 - three NVME drives all directly attached to the CPU would be much better than this contention with the rest of t the stuff hanging off those four CPU-chipset lanes, and not even a 3090 can see a difference between x8 and x16 at the moment. Maybe that will change once we see DirectStorage or Nvidia/IO used to their full extent....

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Wow, it looks like Gigabyte has dropped Dual BIOS support.

I presume they are so confident that their Q-Flash Plus button will be able to re-flash the BIOS/UEFI via USB that they've decided to give up on it.
At least it seems like these new boards have 32MB chips on them.

Nice. The use of two PCIe switches makes that very flexible but you obviously need to be careful what you plug in and where otherwise stuff won't work!
Edit: Wait, that's terrible! One of the NVMe slots is stuck with a single lane which would cripple performance to about 1.8GB/s instead of 7GB/s!

Personally I wish that AMD would let you split the PCIe 4.0 x16 off the CPU into an x8 and two x4 - three NVME drives all directly attached to the CPU would be much better than this contention with the rest of t the stuff hanging off those four CPU-chipset lanes, and not even a 3090 can see a difference between x8 and x16 at the moment. Maybe that will change once we see DirectStorage or Nvidia/IO used to their full extent....
I think that's a typo.

That said, the diagram below doesn't show any lane width at all.

AMD does allow that, Gigabyte has some B550 boards that works like that.

x570s2.png

Last edited:
Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
That slot can be useful for some cheap QLC nvme SSD that barely does 2GB/s reads.
PCI-E bifurcation is supported on many AMD motherboards. You can in fact do that with a simple "dumb" adapter card.

Last edited:
Good to see Gigabyte dropping their stupid non selectable dual Bios system but unfortunately they continue to use soldered Bios chips.

Oh, must be why GIGABYTE is the last X570 board to get bios updates. My Xtreme is still on F33 AGESA 1.2.0.2, my Dark Hero is on AGESA 1.2.0.3 patch a. Might be selling my Xtreme Rev 1.0

System Name The Expanse
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-Pro BIOS 5003 AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.B
Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident RGB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T (B-Die)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB (24.3.1)
Storage WD SN850X 2TB / Corsair MP600 1TB / Samsung 860Evo 1TB x2 Raid 0 / Asus NAS AS1004T V2 14TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 34 Inch 21: 9 UltraGear Curved QHD (3440 x 1440) 1ms Nano IPS 160Hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi + Logitech Z-5500 + HS80 Wireless
Power Supply Corsair AX850 Titanium
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
Benchmark Scores 3800X https://valid.x86.fr/1zr4a5 5800X https://valid.x86.fr/2dey9c
Oh, must be why GIGABYTE is the last X570 board to get bios updates. My Xtreme is still on F33 AGESA 1.2.0.2, my Dark Hero is on AGESA 1.2.0.3 patch a. Might be selling my Xtreme Rev 1.0
yup from what i've seen Gigabyte and msi seems to be the slowest out of the bunch for bios updates.

Good to see Gigabyte dropping their stupid non selectable dual Bios system but unfortunately they continue to use soldered Bios chips.
Care to explain? I love this feature on my GA-Z87X-UD3H, it saved my ass tons of times, just recently again. I was very disappointed when they dropped that on B550 and now X570S.

Which slot are you refering to? I can only see M.2 with x1 for Wifi, but that is like it is supposed to.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
When is market availability for these?

Care to explain? I love this feature on my GA-Z87X-UD3H, it saved my ass tons of times, just recently again. I was very disappointed when they dropped that on B550 and now X570S.

Which slot are you refering to? I can only see M.2 with x1 for Wifi, but that is like it is supposed to.
There are 2 versions of Dual Bios, one which Z87X-U3H and others have where there are dip switches to select both operation mode and Bios from which to boot from. Then there is non-selectable Dual Bios which is found on a lot of entry level and mid range Gigabyte motherboards(B550 Aorus Master, X570 Aorus Pro, etc...) which is universally hated and unreliable when things go bad.

Still better than nothing, I suppose? Is there anything on newer Gigabyte boards that serves as a kind of replacement or are you stuck like everyone else when you brick your BIOS?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64

Exactly. Grab 8 of those vga pcie lanes and dedicate them somewhere else.

I hope Newegg adds X570S to their filters when doing a search. Would make life much easier.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
I hope Newegg adds X570S to their filters when doing a search. Would make life much easier.
Would be nice if they wrre listed now. Id like to snag that Aorus Master for my new build

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Confirmed, it's a typo in the manual.

Still better than nothing, I suppose? Is there anything on newer Gigabyte boards that serves as a kind of replacement or are you stuck like everyone else when you brick your BIOS?
Yes, you can plug in a USB drive and press a button on the back of the board and an MCU on the motherboard will use the UEFI on the USB stick to flash the chip.
Pretty much what you get on all higher-end boards today.
On low end boards, you're SOL.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Still no onboard thunderbolt or USB4? Hopefully AM5 changes that.
Is USB4 even a thing yet? I have not seen a single USB4 device. I know the specs are finalized.

Usually when shit like that is out, it is usually tied in with a new platform that also includes new PCIe and/or DDR support.

Is USB4 even a thing yet? I have not seen a single USB4 device. I know the specs are finalized.

Usually when shit like that is out, it is usually tied in with a new platform that also includes new PCIe and/or DDR support.
I don’t know where peripherals are with non-Intel usb4 controllers are, but Intel’s Maple Ridge and Goshen Ridge support USB4. And USB4 is supposed to be backwards compatible with existing thunderbolt3 devices. Hell, even Asus in 2021 released a B550 mobo with thunderbolt4:

So it’s not like AMD cpus don’t support thunderbolt4. Asus has done it on b550, perhaps it’s a x570 limitation?

Some creators use devices that require thunderbolt like certain UAD audio interfaces, as well as other peripherals like certain monitors, and aquantia 10gbps lan controllers and so on.

Yes I know you can always use a pcie slot for certain peripherals, but it’s very convenient to have a thunderbolt or usb4 port (i.e., a port that supports pcie tunneling), especially since now thunderbolt4 now supports hubbing, so you can use docks/hubs to extend one thunderbolt port into 3. Very convenient for certain workflows.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Maple Ridge and Goshen Ridge support USB4. And USB4 is supposed to be backwards compatible with existing thunderbolt3 devices. Hell, even Asus in 2021 released a B550 mobo with thunderbolt4:

So it’s not like AMD cpus don’t support thunderbolt4. Asus has done it on b550, perhaps it’s a x570 limitation?

Some creators use devices that require thunderbolt like certain UAD audio interfaces, as well as other peripherals like certain monitors, and aquantia 10gbps lan controllers and so on.

Yes I know you can always use a pcie slot for certain peripherals, but it’s very convenient to have a thunderbolt or usb4 port (i.e., a port that supports pcie tunneling), especially since now thunderbolt4 now supports hubbing, so you can use docks/hubs to extend one thunderbolt port into 3. Very convenient for certain workflows.

Well B550 chipset is a totally new die, where as X570 is just a rehashed Matisse die.