• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Intros TUF Gaming Bronze Series PSUs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS over the weekend introduced its TUF Gaming Bronze line of power supplies. The series aligns with ASUS's overall brand strategy for TUF Gaming - appealing for value-conscious serious gamers. The TUF Gaming Bronze series debuts with two mid-range Wattage options - 550 W and 650 W. ASUS has a few selling points up its sleeve in this heavily saturated market: firstly, the PSUs feature a double ball-bearing 135 mm Axial Tech fan (an ASUS innovation), which features impellers that are webbed toward the ends to guide all their airflow axially. The fans are controlled by a 0 dB idle fan-stop logic (the fan stays completely off below a 30% load/temperature threshold). The main PCB features surface treatment that protects it from wear over the years (against moisture and dust debris). The third innovation is a segment-first 6-year product warranty.

Under the hood, the ASUS TUF Gaming Bronze PSUs feature single +12 V rail designs, 80 Plus Bronze efficiency as the name suggests, and protection against over/under-voltage, overload, overheat, and short-circuit. Both models feature fixed, sleeved cabling. Both models offer a single 4+4 pin EPS, 24-pin ATX, five SATA power, and four Molex connectors. The 550 W model offers two 6+2 pin PCIe power, while the 650 W model offers four of these. The PSU measures 150 mm in length. The company didn't mention pricing.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Booo . . . to a single 4+4 pin EPS connector. Their Asus TUF Gaming X-570-Plus (Wifi) has 8+4 connectors. Another thing their high-end and 650W, IMHO, is barely acceptable if the person is planning on upgrading their GPU or Overclocking. My opinion only . . .

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
TUF brand means more reliable products with higher pirce. However usually it is just marketing BS...

In this case, this TUF branded PSU have Teapo caps... I have nothing against Teapo caps, actually they have one of the best price and performance ratio. But for TUF brand it is the shame.

I believe that such PSUs like Corsair CX, Chieftec Polaris (excluding short warranty) or SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 will be much better choices. But lets wait for prices and reviews.

Booo . . . to a single 4+4 pin EPS connector. Their Asus TUF Gaming X-570-Plus (Wifi) has 8+4 connectors. Another thing their high-end and 650W, IMHO, is barely acceptable if the person is planning on upgrading their GPU or Overclocking. My opinion only . . .

I believe that single 4+4 EPS is the best option for this PSU.

Firstly it is a budget PSU. It shouldn't power system based on TUF X570 Plus motherboard. It is designed to be in system based on Ryzen 3/ 5 or Core i3/ i5 (non-K) CPUs and value/ mid end motherboards which have 8 pin connector . So it is pointless to add second EPS connector - almost in all systems it will be unused.

Secondly it is non modular PSU. If it would be fully modular PSU, second EPS connector would be only pointless feature. But if the second EPS connector would exist there would be problem to hide all unused cables. I think that it is disadvantage.

Non modular PSU + Mid end PSU = not used second EPS connector which must be somehow hidden.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11

I believe that 4pin from recollection on the x570 motherboards are really for stability in overclocking or possibly a high end cpu on said motherboards. An ASUS x570-p has it but an Aorus Elite only has the single 8pin and after using both boards, the Elite worked just fine with a 3900x. So not necessary to have. Actually I don't think even the 3950X will have trouble from lack of the 4 pin as the 8pin is sufficient power.

Maybe someone can correct me on this.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
No modular means no buy for me.

> The company didn't mention pricing.

Shame as this kind of makes or breaks it as the offering.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
> The company didn't mention pricing.

Shame as this kind of makes or breaks it as the offering.
Tuf branding and no modular cables put this at the top of the cheap and nasty PSU range, the type you see on fleabay with outrageous power claims.

Tuf branding and no modular cables put this at the top of the cheap and nasty PSU range, the type you see on fleabay with outrageous power claims.

Eh, it has 80+ rating and DC-DC, so unless company pulled bait and switch or severely messed sth up in design, it should be able to do its rating power no problem unlike ebay cheapos. Of course we need tests to be sure of this.

It's still an entry level PSU by any means, so wouldn't expect anything better than, well, other entry level PSUs like Corsair CX or Cooler Master MWE V2.

shaneoblaster

Eh, it has 80+ rating and DC-DC, so unless company pulled bait and switch or severely messed sth up in design, it should be able to do its rating power no problem unlike ebay cheapos. Of course we need tests to be sure of this.

It's still an entry level PSU by any means, so wouldn't expect anything better than, well, other entry level PSUs like Corsair CX or Cooler Master MWE V2.
Does a 6 year warrranty sweeten the pot that's what is offered in Australia.