• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Account and Internet Connection Mandatory for Windows 11 Home Setup

System Name KarymidoN TitaN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570
Cooling Custom Watercooling Loop
Memory 2x Kingston FURY RGB 16gb @ 3200mhz 18-20-20-39
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
Storage Kingston NV2 1TB| 4TB HDD
Display(s) 4X 1080P LG Monitors
Case Thermaltake Core V71
Power Supply Corsair TX 600
Mouse Logitech G300S
I hope we can find some workarounds, i really hate this whole microsoft account sign in. Never used and won't update to W11 till we get a mod to use a local a account.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Mister, I am not going to argue this point with you. You are incorrect. On this matter we can just agree to disagree.
You have no idea how software licensing works if you think I'm wrong.

I hope we can find some workarounds, i really hate this whole microsoft account sign in. Never used and won't update to W11 till we get a mod to use a local a account.
Nothing says you can't use a local account after the initial setup of the OS or never even need an account if you buy the Pro Edition. You just miss out on certain, yet to be named, features apparently.

Everyone seems to not be reading what was actually said:

"Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft Account to complete device setup on first use," lists Microsoft as part of the operating system's requirements.
After you finish the Windows setup, switch to a local account and move on.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Another thing to note: now we know about the Microsoft account and possible tracking, but we still don't know what we get with W11.

Governments and companies have started putting way more emphasis on obligations rather than benefits. The world is heading in a disgusting direction where you vote for the party, or buy from the company that wants you to give up less, and not the one that provides more. Will this ever stop?

Sorry for the off.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
With Windows 11's limited hardware support it is up in the cloud on whether or not it can even overtake Windows 7's install base before Windows 10 reaches EOL.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Well, now you do, just like you need an AppleID or Google Account to use their OS, (Though you can use macOS without Apple ID, you can do anything at all since you need access to the store.)
Nothing you've said here is true and your comment makes it's pretty clear to us that you know little about how macOS works.

If you live in the USA you do not own the product, just a license to use it.
Microsoft can claim/say whatever they want even when it contradicts legal statue and case law. Doesn't make them right and they know it.

The tools I used were Win Toolkit and VirtualBox of all things. I set up Windows in VirtualBox the way I wanted it, mounted the virtual machine drive, and used Win Toolkit to pack it into the install.wim file.
I'm not a fan of virtual machines. Wanted to test it on real hardware.
I also used Win Toolkit to remove all the extra crap and create the ISO.
Wait, that WORKED on 11? Seriously? Gonna have to give that a try..

Right there with you!

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Microsoft can claim/say whatever they want even when it contradicts legal statue and case law. Doesn't make them right and they know it.
The case law and legal statue supports "licensed, not sold" even in the EU. There have been limitations put in place by case law, like the ruling that licenses can be re-sold and that terms in the EULA that directly conflict with copyright law can not be enforced. But the legal precedent has been set that software licensing is just that, a license to use the software, you do not own the software.

Low quality post by Lionheart
System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2Ghz - 5Ghz CPU
Motherboard MSI B650I Edge Wifi ITX Motherboard
Cooling CM 280mm AIO + 2x 120mm Slim fans
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4060 8GB (Temporary Until Next Gen)
Storage Kingston KC3000 M.2 1TB + 2TB HDD
Display(s) Asus TUF 24Inch 165Hz || AOC 24Inch 180Hz
Case Cooler Master NR200P Max TG ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold 850W PSU
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Linux looking good right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
@Lionheart

I assume either because the topic is Windows, not Linux, or because your comment is a blank statement without any argument. Imagine commenting "the 6700XT is a good card" under an nvidia article. Not relevant.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
I though that most people on TPU where using win pro, but I guess that they prefer the home version after all ? Otherwise I don't see why they would complain so much about something that they won't use.

For some people, it's actually a good thing that Microsoft is trying to have a functional online ecosystem, one of the thing I really despised with the old windows was having to spend too much time on the configuration of windows every time that I needed to reformat. They haven't reached MacOs level where the OS will also install all the previous software that you installed from the store, but the general setting are automatically carried over. And now that I use two PC, I like having the same environment/files everywhere without having to think about it, since OneDrive takes over the user folders, I didn't have to set it up on my other PC, everything was ready to use.

But the more I see people complaining, and the more I think that Microsoft just make an "enthusiast" edition that would be bare bone for the people that want that, so that they could finally try to do their own thing without being pestered. Online backup for settings or game saves is such a nice QoL to have, but I guess that I'm alone in seeing the benefits of this for the average consumer (not talking about full-bodied professionals).

A dummy Microsoft account is so easy to make, it's not as invasive as a Facebook account where they will try really hard to make sure that you are a real person... they don't even ask for your name or address.
1624602622519.png

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

You've never bought the software when buying Windows, you've bought a license yo use it. It's been that way since forever (hyperbole; I dpn't actually know what the licensing around 3.11 for example said). You can download Win10 directly from MS, but you still need to buy a license to use it.

I though that most people on TPU where using win pro, but I guess that they prefer the home version after all ? Otherwise I don't see why they would complain so much about something that they won't use.

Home is cheaper and Pro doesn't really offer anything for home users (unless you're for some reason running AD at home).

How is a Microsoft account any different than a Google or Apple account? I don't get it...
Google and Apple do not "require" an account to their phones, just to use the store. Android and iOS both can be used bog-standard without and account. Android has the benefit of sideloading, which means the Play Store is not needed for advanced usage. Microsoft might be trying(poorly) to this make this happen on Windows.

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
Governments and companies have started putting way more emphasis on obligations rather than benefits. The world is heading in a disgusting direction where you vote for the party, or buy from the company that wants you to give up less, and not the one that provides more. Will this ever stop?
It's really sad and unfortunately happens in pretty much industry. Happens a lot with phones, cars and simple appliances like fridges. Pretty much everything starts to suck, but if you pay extra you can get what you had back. For us computer nerds, that's motherboards. Buying a budget board is a minefield of lies, fake specs and various other deceptive shit. VRMs may suck, budget board may not work properly with high TDP CPU, it may have overheating VRMs, it may lie in BIOS, it may have fucked up default settings, it may be overvolting your CPU for no reason, it may be overclocking your CPU, it may flat out fail just after warranty. Motherboard makers are the worst, because everything they do is full of lies and deception. It's probably the only industry in which you absolutely can't trust pretty much anything that they claim (not that you can trust other industries, but motherboard makers are the worst).

Microsoft is also bad with their Windows, because you have to use Windows or don't own a proper computer. At least Microsoft lies less than motherboard vendors, but that's it. Microsoft knows that Windows ended with Windows 2000 and all their attempts to make something different or make Windows into multi-platform OS failed. Because it's sucky experience on desktop, on laptop and on tablet. And they try to copy market trends set by Apple, because Apple makes shit ton of profit, without providing a lot of value for end user, but just enough so that user thinks that they do. Obviously, Microsoft knows that updated Windwos 2000 would be one hell of desktop OS, but since there's not much cash to be made from that, they copy Apple (in terms of UI and multi-platform support) and Google (forced account log ins, heavy focus on mobile and lots of spyware). If it wasn't money and silly user "needs", we would still be on essentially Windows 2000 UI and useful, but with new bug fixes, capability increases and other under the hood improvements. Sadly, Karens won't buy grandpa's ole 90s OS, when they can get nice and sleek looking iPad just to watch YT.

Google and Apple do not "require" an account to their phones, just to use the store. Android and iOS both can be used bog-standard without and account. Android has the benefit of sideloading, which means the Play Store is not needed for advanced usage. Microsoft might be trying(poorly) to this make this happen on Windows.
Yes and no, without GApps about 30% of all Android apps don't work correctly. Technically you can avoid Google, but your experience is going to be so ass, that it's basically mandatory.

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
I love how Microsoft is selling turning your personal computer into spyware dumb terminal as a benefit for the user. The corpomorons who had to come up with that gibberish must be very proud of their lousy, subhuman corpo-prowess.

I'm really glad I grew out of playing games so I can just move last of my home machines to Linux and forget about this train wreck of an OS.

Software Windows 10 Pro
The article says Win 11 Home will need you to log in. Does that mean that Win 11 Pro won't? I'm not so sure. :(

For some people, it's actually a good thing that Microsoft is trying to have a functional online ecosystem, one of the thing I really despised with the old windows was having to spend too much time on the configuration of windows every time that I needed to reformat. They haven't reached MacOs level where the OS will also install all the previous software that you installed from the store, but the general setting are automatically carried over. And now that I use two PC, I like having the same environment/files everywhere without having to think about it, since OneDrive takes over the user folders, I didn't have to set it up on my other PC, everything was ready to use.
For me, the whole point of reinstalling my OS is starting a blank page. If I wanted the originally installed programs back, I would never bother to reinstall the OS in the first place.

Microsoft is also bad with their Windows, because you have to use Windows or don't own a proper computer. At least Microsoft lies less than motherboard vendors, but that's it. Microsoft knows that Windows ended with Windows 2000 and all their attempts to make something different or make Windows into multi-platform OS failed. Because it's sucky experience on desktop, on laptop and on tablet. And they try to copy market trends set by Apple, because Apple makes shit ton of profit, without providing a lot of value for end user, but just enough so that user thinks that they do. Obviously, Microsoft knows that updated Windwos 2000 would be one hell of desktop OS, but since there's not much cash to be made from that, they copy Apple (in terms of UI and multi-platform support) and Google (forced account log ins, heavy focus on mobile and lots of spyware). If it wasn't money and silly user "needs", we would still be on essentially Windows 2000 UI and useful, but with new bug fixes, capability increases and other under the hood improvements. Sadly, Karens won't buy grandpa's ole 90s OS, when they can get nice and sleek looking iPad just to watch YT.
That would be awesome! Old-school barebone Windows with the original grey 2D GUI, low hardware requirement and usage, 64-bit and DirectX 12 support, and ZERO preinstalled applications... :rolleyes::p

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Wait, that WORKED on 11? Seriously? Gonna have to give that a try..
Nope, sorry, I was talking about how I made my debloated Win10 installer. Haven't messed with 11 at all yet.

I'm hoping the process will be similar for 11.

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
For business and enterprise it will always be there, enterprise will demand it so unless they pull it from Pro which I doubt it will always be in the Enterprise version.
Yes, I think for enterprises they cannot force it.
The company where I work uses company email address to offer many cloud services within Windows 10 but it in connected to our company cloud.
They will not trust Microsoft to have all our sensitive work data on M$ cloud.

Granted, I exclusively use Pro, but what's to stop M$ from putting this requirement in all editions of Windows 11?
At home I also use Pro version, but it is OEM licence which costs around 20€.
The downside of OEM licence is that you need to get a new one if you change any HW as OEM licence is connected to particular HW setup.
Last time I switched from 5800x to 5900X Win 10 Pro needed to be re-activaed with new licence key. :oops:

I would be also really angry if they force this online account on also Pro versions. :mad:
I don't use Windows store and no cloud services at home so I don't want to link the Windows to my Microsoft account.
For data backup, I have my own Synology NAS server.

I have to say though I do own Hotmail email account since almost 23 years and it is used to connect to XBOX nowdays.

Last edited:
System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
That would be awesome! Old-school barebone Windows with the original grey 2D GUI, low hardware requirement and usage, 64-bit and DirectX 12 support, and ZERO preinstalled applications... :rolleyes::p
That's why I'm not a businessman. I would love it too, but how exactly would you market something like that? Most people would think that you are some crazy nostalgia nerd trying to spin 90s OS as state of art OS. Karens wouldn't be happy.

On technical note, it barely matters if you have preinstalled apps and bunch of running services. RAM is plenty, so is storage space. And even if you designed lightweight OS, you can't change the software that will run on it and you can't change the internet, which is super bloated. Unfortunately making such OS, wouldn't yield much actual gains nowadays.

Software Windows 10 Pro
That's why I'm not a businessman. I would love it too, but how exactly would you market something like that? Most people would think that you are some crazy nostalgia nerd trying to spin 90s OS as state of art OS. Karens wouldn't be happy.
I say Karens use their phones for everything, PC is the nerds' territory who know how to configure an OS for themselves. You can't and shouldn't try to please everyone at the same time. But I guess that's why I'm not a businessman, either. :)

On technical note, it barely matters if you have preinstalled apps and bunch of running services. RAM is plenty, so is storage space.
It doesn't mean you should waste it on things that you don't need.

And even if you designed lightweight OS, you can't change the software that will run on it and you can't change the internet, which is super bloated. Unfortunately making such OS, wouldn't yield much actual gains nowadays.
But you can make software a choice instead of an integrated feature. If average people had to learn basic PC skills (for example, how to click on an .exe file and click "next" until you get to "installation complete") like they had to in the '90s, maybe they would be less stupid and more independent. But I guess that's something governments and companies like Microsoft don't want.

System Name Gaming rig
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5900X
Motherboard Asus X570-Plus TUF /w "passive" chipset mod
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3200C16 @3600C16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 TI Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX500 2TB, Samsung 860 QVO 4TB
Display(s) Samsung C32HG7x
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair RM850i 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Pro
But you can make software a choice instead of an integrated feature. If average people had to learn basic PC skills (for example, how to click on an .exe file and click "next" until you get to "installation complete") like they had to in the '90s, maybe they would be less stupid and more independent. But I guess that's something governments and companies like Microsoft don't want.

It's a nice thought, but a lot of people don't learn these. They can barely manage to use the computer for their internet surfing and paying their bills. Sometimes you just have to dumb down things, and make them as easy to use as possible, so most people can use it without issues (most of the time). Not everyone is tech savvy, or have the time or interest to learn more about computers beyond what they need it for.

System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
I say Karens use their phones for everything, PC is the nerds' territory who know how to configure an OS for themselves. You can't and shouldn't try to please everyone at the same time. But I guess that's why I'm not a businessman, either. :)
Yep, because enthusiast market isn't all that big compared to mobile market and MS wants the OS to be made for everyone.

It doesn't mean you should waste it on things that you don't need.
Yes, but if you tried any lightweight linux distros for those reasons they end up being disappointing.

It's not that they don't want that, they just don't care about that. And as long as it doesn't hurt them, they don't give a damn.

Yes and no, without GApps about 30% of all Android apps don't work correctly. Technically you can avoid Google, but your experience is going to be so ass, that it's basically mandatory.
The GooglePlay services will still run on a device without setting up an account and most apps will still run as well. I actually run a tablet in such a way, as well as a laptop with AndroidX86. No accounts, they run stand-alone. Generally no issues with sideloading apps, though there are a some exceptions.

However, I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Microsoft because Google has proven themselves far more trustworthy over the years. Microsoft is NOT trustworthy and has proven so time and time again. Forced Windows 10 upgrades anyone? That list could go on and on..

Now they're going to try and force account creation to further their business and use TPM & SecureBoot to lock everyone out of the OS so we can't remove or alter the garbage apps they include. It's more of the same BS from the ethically & morally bereft mental midgets at MS.

System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
The GooglePlay services will still run on a device without setting up an account and most apps will still run as well. I actually run a tablet in such a way, as well as a laptop with AndroidX86. No accounts, they run stand-alone. Generally no issues with sideloading apps, though there are a some exceptions.

However, I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Microsoft because Google has proven themselves far more trustworthy over the years. Microsoft is NOT trustworthy and has proven so time and time again. Forced Windows 10 upgrades anyone? That list could go on and on..

Now they're going to try and force account creation to further their business and use TPM & SecureBoot to lock everyone out of the OS so we can't remove or alter the garbage apps they include. It's more of the same BS from the ethically & morally bereft mental midgets at MS.
Well, you can use your Android device without Google account, but what's the point if you keep all GApps on it anyway? Also some stupid thing like GPS service tracks you anyway and that's why some people decide to get rid of GApps completely and use something as impractical as Graphene OS.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Not me. For this unacceptable act of attempted control I will be joining the movement to crack the hell of the installers and remove those requirements. I'll be sharing with everyone how to do it as well. Microsoft has finally cross the wrong line.

As you all may have guessed, the optimism expressed earlier in other threads is Gonesville!
Hi,
Yep optimism is a good thing but as far as ms management is involved, usually misplaced way too often

People don't seem to realize just because all this is about 10 home version doesn't mean pro isn't next and sort of irrelevant even "IF" someone might be able to switch to a local account later the machine's have already been tagged although they already have ip address think ms would be happy with that alone.

MS services should sell themselves if they're any good not be force fed to the masses just because ms and some kids think they're good.
Why don't I want those services :/ mostly because they don't interest me and if I did I'd install them from the store and use a ms account.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
The article says Win 11 Home will need you to log in. Does that mean that Win 11 Pro won't? I'm not so sure. :(

For me, the whole point of reinstalling my OS is starting a blank page. If I wanted the originally installed programs back, I would never bother to reinstall the OS in the first place.

With the way that win pro is being used, in enterprise forcing a Microsoft log in would be annoying, since they are often using local credentials.
I'm only reinstalling when windows itself starts to act up, but having to reinstall every CG software that I use is a real chore, it was even worse if I forgot to copy the preference folders before hands (and that's when they have one, some software will need to be configured manually again...and all of those software programs require an online account, but they don't give you any benefits for having one...)
You would be surprised to see the amount of people who are using a beefy PC for work but aren't super tech-savvy. Graphic designer, CG artist, digital illustrator... those people are too busy getting better at their craft to spend time within the depth of an OS, which is also one of the reason as to why macOS is popular in creative fields. The old windows that you love, is the windows that they hate, and made them loyal to Apple.

It's a bit of a marketing and UX decision...if you leave to a user the choice between an old habit that he's used to or having to learn a new habit that may open up more possibilities, he's going to go with what he's more familiar. Many people are not very curious, and just use what they were told/used to use instead of trying to see for themselves if x new program, device, option is good or not...so yhea you have to shove things down the user's throat at times. (Even Apple users weren't happy at first when they ditched the home button, and changed the whole navigation, but they eventually adapted)

I remember seeing people complaining about full screen phones and virtual keyboards, how they hated to type on glass... now typing on glass has become the new standard, the kids who grew up with those devices will never understand what the fuss was about. Microsoft is basically trying stuff out, look what sticks, and eventually get rid of what people didn't ended up using. (wich granted isn't ideal, but the end user doesn't always know what he really needs either. Henry Ford said : "if I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses")
Win 11 won't come with some of win 10 bloatware. Some people hate the xbox gamebar, but after using it, I actually find it more convenient to use and with a lower memory footprint than most after market programs.

1624614183433.png

Much bloat wow

I guess that I'm among the people who "grew up like this" when it comes to the Microsoft account being mandatory, in most of my tech life 90% of the software that I use are either not allowing an incognito mode, or offer a limited experience if you choose to go offline. (and since my work/field of study are closely related to social media, I have no choice but to mingle with the GAFAM).

The TPM and secure boot is already the default on some "new" laptops. My 2020 Dell inspiron is compatible with win11 with the default settings.