• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thanks to Windows 11, Scalpers Buy Out Add-on TPM 2.0 Modules

Processor i7-8086k
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
Cooling EVGA 240 WATERCOOLER
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 3200MHZ CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage WD Black M.2 NVMe 4x 500gb
Power Supply Dell 1100w (T7500)
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/uwqpn1
Windows 10 IoT...LTSC 2019 will be good til 2029 and no Cortana...i know where ill be.

Plus 2011 requires a ms login at least on the non enterprise stuff so good bye local account and privacy..no thanks.

Im stockng up on 10 x64 pro oem DVDs and iot ltsc 2019 keys.

Last edited:
System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Are you f**kin' kidding me? Seriously, these scalpers need to burn in hell already.

Thankfully, I don't need a TPM chip; it's built into my processor.
I'm just waiting for the next "Pro-Scalper" bullshit post about them providing a source of what you want when no one else has them as if it's some kind of service, which it isn't.
OK and let's watch the dog chase it's own tail, the scalpers created the scarcity themselves and are turning around to exploit us with it in return.

"Gee, that's a GREAT service Mr. Scalper - What else can you do for (to) us?"

I believe I mentioned elsewhere something scalper-related would be happening soon and it did, just like I'm predicting DDR5 once released WILL be scalped to hell and back too.
I said it and you saw it here before it happened. :D
As for these modules, I'm sure MS themselves will feel the sting too when their planned release of Win 11 falls WAY short because there are no modules for anyone to buy for a fair price.

Geez - I mean it's like the release of Win 11 with it's issues and now this, MS is looking to run a train for real on us users and all the others are lining up for their turn to ride the user's "Choo-Choo".
No my name ain't Thomas either but sux for you if yours is.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
I'm just waiting for the next "Pro-Scalper" bullshit post about them providing a source of what you want when no one else has them.
Exactly. These scalpers are a plague, nothing but a bunch of bottom feeders that price gouge us normal folk.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
What if scalpers were just miners who are pissed off at gamers? Using the power of BC to ground pound the USD on web marketplaces everywhere..

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Meh, I won't even touch Win11 until all this crap can be easily bypassed. I have my reasons to keep secure boot off and I see no reason to have a TPM in any of my personal desktops.

Laptops are a different story, but I still think I'll be staying away from 11 on them too.

Why is scalping a problem now, but it wasn't a problem years ago?

Last edited:
Secure boot is not mandatory
microsoft says it is. See below.
Windows11StatedRequirements.jpg

They are very welcome to back-track on all this fraking nonsense. These are really my only complaints about 11 over 10. But good fraking grief are they whoppers!

I have my reasons to keep secure boot off and I see no reason to have a TPM in any of my personal desktops.
Right there with you. I also have very good reasons to keep TPM & SecureBoot disabled(and that's NOT going to change), and I know of many people who are in a similar position. These are nothing to do with user security. This is microsoft trying to assert more control over user machines.

Last edited:
System Name Space Heater MKIV
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Sometimes I wondor. Are there scalpers between techpowerup users :D.

Looks like scalping will be a big problem for a while...
Yes there is, what do you want to know.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Right there with you. I also have very good reason to keep TPM & SecureBoot disabled, and I know of many people who are in a similar position. These are nothing to do with user security. This is microsoft trying to assert more control over user machines.
Or they are trying to establish a minimum age for hardware?

It's literally two steps to change from Windows S. That OS was never intended to be a general purpose consumer OS for powerful PC's. It's a purposefully locked down, secure, efficient OS for lower end laptops (aka chromebooks) in large enterprises, schools. Microsoft can't guarantee the security or performance for users who are downloading crapware and files from all over the net.
Not everyone buys a computer to restricted to Microsoft's store and apps and it's web browser and search engine. Then you don't want or like that they want to proceed to collect data information on you in order to turn it off and use. Technically more steps especially if you haven't done it before. Just because it's cheaper system doesn't mean you should be penalized and forced to only use Microsoft Edge web browser and Bing search on it.

Not everyone using more affordable hardware is infested with malware simply because they run great programs that aren't on the Microsoft Store things like Foobar, Firefox, LMMS, MIXXX, BB4WIN, GIMP, Audacity, VLC Media Player, Shortcut, SumatraPDF, VirtualBox, Notepad++, FileZilla, DropBox, Blender 3D, Handbrake, 7-Zip, and many others I missed none of which will run by Windows S Mode standards at least w/o first being converted over to the Window Store into app. I'm sorry, but it's absurd. That's just open source mind you there Steam and your entire Steam library which never mind if the system could play the game or not Microsoft will not allow it in the name security. Apparently security only matters in Windows S Mode though to Microsoft. If you've got a expensive RTX laptop by all means you're just asking to be the victim of malware hence no Windows S Mode laptop on best buy at all. Apparently if you want to run DAW or DJ software on a laptop you should be expected to dish out for a RTX Windows 10 malware laptop.

Step 1) Look up how to switch out of S Mode.
Step 2) Download Microsoft store app to switch out of S Mode.
Step 3) Launch setup Microsoft Account thru email verification process in browser because they force it on the end user and a bit of multi-step process itself with all the hurdles of that.
Step 4) Sign into Microsoft Account.
Step 5) Launch the Store app to turn of S Mode.
Step 6) Turn off Microsoft Account sign in so so it boots straight into Windows without a password prompt because it's a home computer and it's way more convenient. (More a Windows 10 general issue really)

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
microsoft says it is. See below.
View attachment 205480
They are very welcome to back-track on all this fraking nonsense. These are really my only complaints about 11 over 10. But good fraking grief are they whoppers!

Right there with you. I also have very good reason to keep TPM & SecureBoot disabled, and I know of many people who are in a similar position. These are nothing to do with user security. This is microsoft trying to assert more control over user machines.
Exactly, and don't forget how with Ryzen USB ports quit working with Win 7 but do fine with Win 10 even though the hardware itself is fully capable of supporting them with ease as has been long proven as fact by now.
My ports were working fine with Win 7 and my Ryzen so I know it's a total crock about the drivers and Ryzen - MS told AMD to include the microcode in their chips for not allowing/disabling USB drivers to newer hardware to forcibly make us switch to Win 10 and all it's crap.
It's just MS trying to force people into doing what THEY WANT us to do and they don't give a shit, much less two about the cost of it to us which we, not them has to bear the burden of.
With this if you think MS is going to back off, think again.
It's been planned all along and they already knew folks would be finding ways to work around it and with each one found they'll happily close that loophole.

And let's also not forget the forced updates, lack of user control out of the box, features you could not get rid of (Cortana), user settings/preferences being zapped with each and every update and the same for drivers too getting borked.

Speaking of drivers, it would be beyond funny (NOT) if the driver for your TPM module gets zapped in an update.
They knew once the word got out these modules would be sought after but didn't think (Or care) that scalpers would be watching too.

And the same for having anything that is trusting enabled by default as it is with remote registry as an example, that's a real security risk and you'd better believe that registry setting gets disabled everytime here along with alot of others that's "On" by default.

Yet another reason why I will not use Windows from now on for anything.

Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just stay on Windows 10 until 2025 when official support for it ends, Windows 11 is just 10 with more telemetry.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Scalpers will never change. Where there are a chance of making money, scalpers will be.

Scalpers sucks and I will never change my opinion on them. It might not be illegal. But it's so morally wrong.

I mean scalpers hurt the market by buying up all or at least as much inventory as possible and that raising prices and those greddy bastards can make a profit and us that really need it. Either can't run windows 11 or just as with gpu's, have to pay way over msrp.

At least this time, I am prepared for windows 11 with my new zen 3 build. So I don't have to be concerned about that.

But scalpers still sucks. I hope they burn in with all there inventory and have a big lose on profit. Don't support scalpers, by buying from them. What ever it's a Tom module, gpu, a console or any other thing. Buying from them, only motivate them to continue there doing.

Scalpers are hot air skulls. When W11 hits the market every new motherboard will have it on board or come with module included. That's 1. TPM is buzzword now because only selected corporations ever employed that.

2. I have no intention being sucked into W11. It clearly is designed to create M$ walled garden a la Apple, but at least Apple is not hell bent focused on spying on you every second of your life like M$ or Google.

3. Will never activate Secure Boot under any circumstances. Feature conceived (+UEFI) to take away all control over the system from the user.

4. TPM is relevant in corporate environment. For home PC it's completely meaningless (unless you're mafia Don, banker or a politician which is the same thing), to make a requirement out of it is a travesty.

5. Yet again M$ stole UI ideas from MacOS and implemented them badly into Winblows.

W11 announcement = for me nothing more that sticking with 10 for as long as possible and exploring how I can move stuff to Linux, I know that 3D modelling software native to Winblows is not exactly thrilled to work under WINE.

I really expected that this (in the end laughable) keynote will deliver something really tangible. Removing ancient compatibilities for things which are no longer supported (floppies or A: partition still cannot be assigned to the system partition, 20 years after floppies died which is beyond retarded, user control over User directory during install process so it doesn't require sideloading script to work) or introducing new file system which will be more suitable for NAND and NVMe than ancient NTFS. F M$ all I have to say about W11.

Aura24

Microsoft is going to back track on this (just watch), because the average PC user is not going to know what the hell is "TPM" Tonight, I use the "PC Health Check" only to get the result that I don't meet the requirement because I don't have TPM. I know that my motherboard has a TPM Header, but I said to myself, "Why the hell would I need a TPM Module when I have a Ryzen 3900XT" Sure enough, after researching, the Ryzen 3900XT has a built-in TPM, but it is disabled by default in the BIOS on my ASRock B540 Steel Legend. I enabled it and now I meet the requirements. Again, the average PC users is not going to take the time to research or have the "know how" and enabling TPM. So what is going to happen is someone is going to panic and buy a overprice TPM module (when they don't need it) plug into their motherboard, turn on the PC, and nothing happens (thinking that this a plug and play device), not realizing that the module needs to be enabled in the BIOS.

Ohh... this is not going to go well...

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
i'm curious to see how this will work for older motherboards that you can buy the TPM and add it. Because even with doing that Haswell doesn't meet the cpu requirements for windows 11.

Intel 8th gen and up.
I’ve got a 2700K. Pity me.