• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Edifier Expands its Audio Selection with new High Quality Wireless Earphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Edifier, the award-winning manufacturer of premium sound systems, bookshelf speakers and personal audio devices, is introducing its newest audio product, the NeoBuds Pro, which is available to pre-order on IndieGoGo. "With the ever-changing landscape and need of consumers, Edifier continues to expand on its innovation to ensure that the best and most cost-effective products are given to our customers while remaining at the forefront of personal audio innovation," said Stanley Wen, Edifier's CTO.

Distinct from other noise cancellation earphones on the market, the Neobuds Pro are the first Hi-Res certified, noise canceling, truly wireless earphones in the market that boast a dynamic driver, Knowles balanced armature, and LHDC+ACC codec. Edifier's innovative research team conducted hundreds of tests that led to electronic-acoustic technology breakthroughs in the development of the NeoBuds Pro. The earbuds bring premium audio quality traditionally found in speakers and over-ear headphones to a more convenient, compact and wireless package. Its bi-amping with DSP-based active crossover technology ensures the dynamic driver and the armature driver are working in tandem to provide users with premium sound quality, deep bass, and crisp treble frequencies all with truly unique technological advancements.

A higher, more accurate sampling frequency, leading to higher sound quality and truer tones over traditional earphones, earned the Neobuds Pro a Hi-Res certification. The Neobuds Pro supports the LHDC+ACC codec transmitting 96kHz 24Bit HD audio over Bluetooth, to present a full and comprehensive range of sound with the truest, purest tones of each musical note and instrument.

The Neobuds Pro also has advanced noise-cancelling feature, which outperforms the previous TWS NB2 with deeper, smarter and a more upgraded algorithm. It offers the user a quieter environment to enhance the music listening experience while protecting the user's hearing from the outside noise. The earphones also feature three precisely positioned internal microphones that were specifically designed for on-the-go phone calls that offer an enhanced noise cancellation algorithm which provides clear, wind-resistant indoor/outdoor communication that is more advanced than any previous Edifier model. Paired with advanced low latency gaming mode and 1-hour fast-charging capabilities, the Neobuds Pro are ready for active and continuous use.

With the seamless, sleek and timeless design of the earphones and charging case, unparalleled comfort, chic style, and high-quality technology, the Neobuds Pro are ideal for consistent use by audiophiles with a taste for luxury and value. The Neobuds Pro will be available to pre-order July 2021 with a retail price of $99 on Indiegogo.

For more information on earphones and other Edifier products, please visit Edifier.com and Edifier's Indiegogo page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
always good to see more DD+Knowles BA TWS, i love my Liberty 2 Pro from Soundcore ... that Edifier model bring ANC (and High-res certification), but i suspect it would be lacking the best part that made the Liberty 2 Pro my permanent TWS (ANC is accessory for me, the seal is quite good with the L2P and for voice it use cVc 8.0 and 4 mic ) alongside 32hrs total playtime

custom EQ based on earing test
it is the main point for me, i tested every "grammy" EQ a few worked good, i made my usual custom EQ tweaking the sliders ... but once i discovered HearID in the Soundcore app i did never go back, interestingly enough it does not need the app to be active once it has been setup but can only be turned off (silly idea ... why would i do that...) via the app (and EQ from music apps, another silly idea nonetheless, can still be used atop of it from what i saw)

price wise, 99$ is quite good, design wise ... wwwwwweeeelllll i can't say i am a fan of the "tail "a la" [insert famous overpriced brand name here]" but that one looks way better than the usual tube type...

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
always good to see more DD+Knowles BA TWS, i love my Liberty 2 Pro from Soundcore ... that Edifier model bring ANC (and High-res certification), but i suspect it would be lacking the best part that made the Liberty 2 Pro my permanent TWS (ANC is accessory for me, the seal is quite good with the L2P and for voice it use cVc 8.0 and 4 mic ) alongside 32hrs total playtime

custom EQ based on earing test
it is the main point for me, i tested every "grammy" EQ a few worked good, i made my usual custom EQ tweaking the sliders ... but once i discovered HearID in the Soundcore app i did never go back, interestingly enough it does not need the app to be active once it has been setup but can only be turned off (silly idea ... why would i do that...) via the app (and EQ from music apps, another silly idea nonetheless, can still be used atop of it from what i saw)

price wise, 99$ is quite good, design wise ... wwwwwweeeelllll i can't say i am a fan of the "tail "a la" [insert famous overpriced brand name here]" but that one looks way better than the usual tube type...
That tail is typically used to hold more microphones for better communication as well as ANC, so maybe this is helpful in that regard. Let me see if I can get hold of one to test it out.

Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
That tail is typically used to hold more microphones for better communication as well as ANC, so maybe this is helpful in that regard. Let me see if I can get hold of one to test it out.
i would gladly see a review of this from you :lovetpu:

well the Liberty 2 Pro have a "a la" SONY WF-1000XM3 shape, which i prefer, but as i did write, the Neobud Pro have a better tail shape than most [insert overpriced brand name here] "clones"

and yeah it would help with the mic, as it house 2 more than the Liberty 2 Pro (and mic being related to ANC 2 more is better than some other ANC capable set that have "only" 4 ) signal antenna yeah, that too ... tho the L2P have outstanding signal (at last for me ... no matter where my phone is situated, 0 drops disconnections, yaddah yaddah)

well they are also 50$ cheaper than the L2P (if they retain the 99$ price even in Switzerland) although unrelated since i got mine for 90$ with a promotion

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
i would gladly see a review of this from you :lovetpu:

well the Liberty 2 Pro have a "a la" SONY WF-1000XM3 shape, which i prefer, but as i did write, the Neobud Pro have a better tail shape than most [insert overpriced brand name here] "clones"

and yeah it would help with the mic, as it house 2 more than the Liberty 2 Pro (and mic being related to ANC 2 more is better than some other ANC capable set that have "only" 4 ) signal antenna yeah, that too ... tho the L2P have outstanding signal (at last for me ... no matter where my phone is situated, 0 drops disconnections, yaddah yaddah)

well they are also 50$ cheaper than the L2P (if they retain the 99$ price even in Switzerland) although unrelated since i got mine for 90$ with a promotion
The shape by itself doesn't mean much if the drivers and tuning doesn't back it, as seen in this latest review of mine: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/audio-technica-ath-anc300tw/, and that thing costs twice as much.

VR HMD Medion Erazer
The shape by itself doesn't mean much if the drivers and tuning doesn't back it, as seen in this latest review of mine: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/audio-technica-ath-anc300tw/, and that thing costs twice as much.
yeah i just saw that review now on the homepage, the cons of that one are pretty deterring for me (very thorough review nonetheless)

if the Edifier Neobud Pro ticked higher with less cons, that would be a good alternative if i ever needed ANC on my TWS or a set protruding a bit less from the ears wich would make them usable with my beautiful "Doomslayer" helmet :roll: , for now i use a pair of Fiio FA1 with a set of MMCX TRN BT20S (since the Fiio UTWS1 is 4 time the price of that one, although TRN is their OEM, but they do claim they "tweaked" the chipset for their IEMs ... :ohwell: ) but well no matter the review scoring .... it would be down to a personal test to really see if they are superior, but the review would still help, since iirc i saw some product reviewed here that i did own and found the pros and cons spot on.

nonetheless 24hrs total playtime without ANC is a bit ... little, with 32hrs total i recharge my L2P one or two time a month (around 2/3hrs usage a day)

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
yeah i just saw that review now on the homepage, the cons of that one are pretty deterring for me (very thorough review nonetheless)

if the Edifier Neobud Pro ticked higher with less cons, that would be a good alternative if i ever needed ANC on my TWS or a set protruding a bit less from the ears wich would make them usable with my beautiful "Doomslayer" helmet :roll: , for now i use a pair of Fiio FA1 with a set of MMCX TRN BT20S (since the Fiio UTWS1 is 4 time the price of that one, although TRN is their OEM, but they do claim they "tweaked" the chipset for their IEMs ... :ohwell: ) but well no matter the review scoring .... it would be down to a personal test to really see if they are superior, but the review would still help, since iirc i saw some product reviewed here that i did own and found the pros and cons spot on.

nonetheless 24hrs total playtime without ANC is a bit ... little, with 32hrs total i recharge my L2P one or two time a month (around 2/3hrs usage a day)
I'll comment in here if the review is going to happen, depends on whether the PR firm in the US can ship to the UK or not :D