• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATP SATA SSDs Qualify for Compatibility and Interoperability with Microchip's New Tri-Mode Storage Adapters

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
ATP Electronics, a global leader in specialized storage and memory solutions, has announced that its A600Sc Series serial ATA solid state drives (SATA SSDs) have been successfully qualified for compatibility and interoperability with Adaptec Smart Storage PCIe Gen 4 Tri-Mode SmartRAID 3200, SmartHBA 2200, and HBA 1200 Smart Storage adapters.

Designed for storage platforms in next-generation data centers, the Adaptec PCIe Gen 4 SAS/SATA/NVMe HBA and RAID tri-mode adapters deliver significantly higher performance through PCIe Gen 4 x16 CPU interfaces as well as SAS and SATA storage. The new offerings simplify integration and provide flexibility to aggregate diverse storage devices with Microchip's proven security and manageability features for the most demanding server storage applications.

"Microchip's latest generation of Adaptec NVMe and 24G SAS Tri-mode RAID and HBA storage adapters now support the full range of NVMe, SAS and SATA connectivity, enabling customers to hit their desired cost and performance targets with the security and ease of management necessary for PCIe Gen 4-based server deployments," said Jay Bennett, associate director of product management for Microchip's data center solutions business unit. "Delivering solutions with demonstrated interoperability with ecosystem components like ATP Electronics SATA SSD products is vital in ensuring rapid and reliable integration and deployment of next generation storage solutions."

"We are excited to partner with Microchip as a qualified provider of SATA SSDs for their latest storage adapters," said Chris Lien, head of ATP's Embedded SSD Business Unit. "As global leaders in specialized storage and memory solutions, we are certain that our SATA SSDs can seamlessly interoperate with Microchip's new storage adapters to deliver unique solutions for unique storage challenges in next-generation data centers."

ATP's extensive line of A600Sc Series SATA drives come in various form factors, such as 2.5" drives and M.2 2242/2280, and capacities ranging from 120/240 GB to 1.92 TB. Known for their reliable performance and extended endurance, ATP SATA SSDs undergo meticulous testing, starting from the NAND flash IC level up to drive and mass production levels to deliver uncompromising quality for mission-critical applications.

Selected SATA drives feature advanced microcontroller unit (MCU)-based power loss protection (PLP) capabilities that deliver intelligent performance in various temperatures, power glitches and charge states. As components perform and react differently in severely cold or hot scenarios, ATP's PLP technology ensures reliable PLP capacitance in all states of cold start, hot temperature workload, and cross temperature.

An advanced Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) error correcting engine and RAID support provide superior error detection and correction with redundant backup algorithm to eliminate the possibility of uncorrectable errors. End-to-End Data Path Protection prevents unauthorized access to data while it is being transferred from one storage device to another, while industrial operating temperature support ensures reliable operation in extreme environments from -40°C to 85°C.

To meet unique storage requirements, ATP customizes firmware and hardware to manage the best balance of performance and device life span. A wide range of optional custom security technologies are available depending on customer request, and long product cycles ensure consistent quality and supply availability.

Microchip Compatibility List of Approved ATP SATA SSDs
Please visit www.adaptec.com/compatibility for the latest compatibility reports featuring the ATP SATA SSDs that Microchip has approved to be compatible with the Adaptec Smart Storage adapters.

For more information on ATP's A600Sc Series SATA SSDs, visit: https://www.atpinc.com/products/list/industrial-ssds

For more information on Microchip's Tri-Mode Storage Adapters, visit: https://www.microchip.com/smartstorage

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
there was a time when I used to like being hardcore and know everything about the PC world, but as I have gotten older, and read 5% of articles like this, I realize I have just been a fool this entire time.

oh well. such is life

Whoever thought it was a good idea to name their company Microchip needs to be fired and banned from the tech industry. That's like naming your car company "Tire".

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
there was a time when I used to like being hardcore and know everything about the PC world, but as I have gotten older, and read 5% of articles like this, I realize I have just been a fool this entire time.

oh well. such is life
The learning process is never stopping. Even when you think you know everything, something new comes up. The technology combined to make a PC is so wide that you have to spend your whole life learning them. Everything from small hardware bits to the software connecting it all. :)

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Whoever thought it was a good idea to name their company Microchip needs to be fired and banned from the tech industry. That's like naming your car company "Tire".
If you start a tire company, you can put "discount "for the 1st name and "company" last name, leave "tire" in the middle.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
It's actually very clever as they can sue any company that advertises they use a microchip.