• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA DLAA Anti-Aliasing

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Hot takes: There's no pure "gaming GPU" anymore at Nvidia, I believe that GeForce is a prosumer brand now. phones have been using their machine learning hardware for photo and video operation for a while now, those kind of thing are just making their beginning on the PC space with Adobe Photoshop and the like, Nvidia has been trying really hard to sell their RTX laptop as a creative tool, a market that got many apple afficionado, so I really doubt that we'll see them getting rid of it in their GPU, and let Apple (and soon intel) say stuff like : "you won't find machine learning acceleration in competing devices".

Even beyond gaming, Microsoft seemed pretty happy about adding on-device machine learning and A.I to windows, but the general public doesn't seems to care :D
AI Platform for Windows Developers - Windows Developer Blog

View attachment 218004

They're really desperately looking for new markets. And all of them are dead on arrival, because quite simply, its too rich for people's blood. Happy few won't carry an industry for the happy few. At the same time, yes, we have and 'want' more content creators, but we're also placing the axe on the roots of Big Tech these days and with that comes a radical change in our perspective on social media and its algorithms, they're already under broad review, even by social media frequenters. And a lot of our content desires are fueled by it. Click, next, rinse, repeat.

The show must go on, but realistically, we've landed into utter bullshit land. I'd much rather see a drastic improvement in quality software rather than hardware. The hardware is fine as it has been for ten years now. Nothing much changed and we're fighting an uphill performance battle against diminishing returns: FPS is beyond what we 'need', resolution is too fine to even discern pixels at normal view distances. These things are end of the line and everyone can see it, and no marketing can deny it, however hard they (and some people here) try. They're buying 48 inch OLEDs to justify the 4K res (and display tech) - nothing wrong with it, but it shows how silly and over the top we already are.

Its no coincidence also that VR got spurred into action a few years ago. Another niche that got re-launched how often now? But "now"(!!!one) the tech is truly ready. Mhm, except you cán buy upgraded HMDs faster than you upgrade your PC. But the people ain't, its still a niche that won't break into mainstream usage, because of the simple fact you look like a fool with a headset on your face, bumping into furniture and smacking your kid in the face with a controller. Never mind even the fact you're one foot and two eyes + brain into a dystopic fantasy world a'la Cyberpunk. Even the telemetry is already present on your bodily functions, and you're logging into Facebook with it. And note the similarities: It also inspires a faster, more performant GPU that renders at high res and high FPS.

Meanwhile the only constant growth market is games and gaming itself. The content, before the hardware. In fact, put the hardware in people's hands, and you have a new growth market (smartphones). Let them pay extra to 'play the game', and its dead.

Last edited:
System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
Maybe this is good for people playing at 1080p, where TAA is blurry and you want to increase image quality. But I do not see any difference in 4K, and at this resolution I am looking for features that increase performance, which is why DLSS is way better.

I am still waiting for Dynamic DLSS, where the preset will change on the fly based on the GPU load. Seeing GPU usage vary between 60% and 100% is annoying, it is a waste of resources. So either I pick a higher preset and put up with frame drops in demanding scenes, or pick a lower preset and deal with low GPU utilization most of the time. I usually pick the latter.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
They're really desperately looking for new markets. And all of them are dead on arrival, because quite simply, its too rich for people's blood. Happy few won't carry an industry for the happy few. At the same time, yes, we have and 'want' more content creators, but we're also placing the axe on the roots of Big Tech these days and with that comes a radical change in our perspective on social media and its algorithms, they're already under broad review, even by social media frequenters. And a lot of our content desires are fueled by it. Click, next, rinse, repeat.

The show must go on, but realistically, we've landed into utter bullshit land. I'd much rather see a drastic improvement in quality software rather than hardware. The hardware is fine as it has been for ten years now. Nothing much changed and we're fighting an uphill performance battle against diminishing returns: FPS is beyond what we 'need', resolution is too fine to even discern pixels at normal view distances. These things are end of the line and everyone can see it, and no marketing can deny it, however hard they (and some people here) try. They're buying 48 inch OLEDs to justify the 4K res (and display tech) - nothing wrong with it, but it shows how silly and over the top we already are.

Its no coincidence also that VR got spurred into action a few years ago. Another niche that got re-launched how often now? But "now"(!!!one) the tech is truly ready. Mhm, except you cán buy upgraded HMDs faster than you upgrade your PC. But the people ain't, its still a niche that won't break into mainstream usage, because of the simple fact you look like a fool with a headset on your face, bumping into furniture and smacking your kid in the face with a controller. Never mind even the fact you're one foot and two eyes + brain into a dystopic fantasy world a'la Cyberpunk. Even the telemetry is already present on your bodily functions, and you're logging into Facebook with it. And note the similarities: It also inspires a faster, more performant GPU that renders at high res and high FPS.

Meanwhile the only constant growth market is games and gaming itself. The content, before the hardware. In fact, put the hardware in people's hands, and you have a new growth market (smartphones). Let them pay extra to 'play the game', and its dead.

Brain dead discussion, how capicalism works is that rich people will pay the premium that will make the technology become more mainstream over the time, it has been like this for every industry for hundreds of years already (car, plane, phone, cruise ship, food, etc...)

Seems like you are against everyone who have money to spare, kind of a bore listening to someone so against new tech in a tech forum :rolleyes:, maybe you are interested to joining the Amish community.

Btw dissing on OLED because you can't afford it is just sad, really sad. Let hope your VA panel get some sofware updates that make it compete with OLED :roll:.Oh and smartphone chips nowaday all have AI dedicated cores on them,I guess Nvidia is being smart about having them on GPU too :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Brain dead discussion, how capicalism works is that rich people will pay the premium that will make the technology become more mainstream over the time, it has been like this for every industry for hundreds of years already (car, plane, phone, cruise ship, food, etc...)

Seems like you are against everyone who have money to spare, kind of a bore listening to someone so against new tech in a tech forum :rolleyes:, maybe you are interested to joining the Amish community.

Btw dissing on OLED because you can't afford it is just sad, really sad. Let hope your VA panel get some sofware updates that make it compete with OLED :roll:.Oh and smartphone chips nowaday all have AI dedicated cores on them,I guess Nvidia is being smart about having them on GPU too :rolleyes: .

Dissing OLED? Not only am I way past 'dissing', Im also looking the market from a somewhat less individual and more birds eye perspective. Im not here to epeen because Ive overspent on my hardware.

Tech enthusiasm and blindly following marketing are two different things, dont mistake my perspective for lack of enthusiasm. Its just a perspective that doesnt suit your narrative. Also... trickle down is actually proving not to work in equal measure - note the steady growth of the gap between rich and poor. Here is a source on that, if you are interested beyond the soundbite.

Keep living the dream - reality is quickly setting in: supply line issues, prolonged chip shortages and the least healthy market for GPUs we have yet experienced. Thats the perspective Im presenting - it has absolutely nothing to do with what I own or do. I can buy anything in hardware, but simply dont choose to.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Dissing OLED? Not only am I way past 'dissing', Im also looking the market from a somewhat less individual and more birds eye perspective. Im not here to epeen because Ive overspent on my hardware.

Tech enthusiasm and blindly following marketing are two different things, dont mistake my perspective for lack of enthusiasm. Its just a perspective that doesnt suit your narrative. Also... trickle down is actually proving not to work in equal measure - note the steady growth of the gap between rich and poor. Here is a source on that, if you are interested beyond the soundbite.

Keep living the dream - reality is quickly setting in: supply line issues, prolonged chip shortages and the least healthy market for GPUs we have yet experienced. Thats the perspective Im presenting - it has absolutely nothing to do with what I own or do. I can buy anything in hardware, but simply dont choose to.

There are market for everyone, if you prefer cheap and easy hardware, there are plenty for you, if people want the best and willing to pay the premium, well there are market for them too :), these markets dont mix and just because you don't like the other market, they shouldn't exist :roll:

Just enjoy your VA while other people enjoy their OLED, is that so hard to grasp :rolleyes:

System Name Lightning
Processor 4790K
Motherboard asrock z87 extreme 3
Cooling hwlabs black ice 20 fpi radiator, cpu mosfet blocks, MCW60 cpu block, full cover on 780Ti's
Memory corsair dominator platinum 2400C10, 32 giga, DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x780Ti
Storage intel S3700 400GB, samsung 850 pro 120 GB, a cheep intel MLC 120GB, an another even cheeper 120GB
Display(s) eizo foris fg2421
Case 700D
Audio Device(s) ESI Juli@
Power Supply seasonic platinum 1000
Mouse mx518
Software Lightning v2.0a
OLED suckx, it don't do low ranges good like LCD and it have burn problems and because the technology is new many thing brakes and low warranty :x

System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
OLED suckx, it don't do low ranges good like LCD and it have burn problems and because the technology is new many thing brakes and low warranty :x
Is that based on your own experience?

Mine is completely different.

System Name 4k
Processor AMD 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG b550m Mortar Wifi
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 bl8g36c16u4b.m8fe1
Video Card(s) Nvidia Reference 3080Ti
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) LG 48" C1
Case CORSAIR Carbide AIR 240 Micro-ATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W
Software Microsoft Windows10 Pro x64
Is that based on your own experience?

Mine is completely different.
I 100% agree, my 48c1 with a 3080TI is great. There are no burn in problems, people should let that myth go.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
There are market for everyone, if you prefer cheap and easy hardware, there are plenty for you, if people want the best and willing to pay the premium, well there are market for them too :), these markets dont mix and just because you don't like the other market, they shouldn't exist :roll:

Just enjoy your VA while other people enjoy their OLED, is that so hard to grasp :rolleyes:

But how does that mix with your whole trickle down story just now then? Change of heart? Or am I in fact spot on here, since you felt the need to once again go in penis compare mode.

You are as free to enjoy your hardware as I am to enjoy mine - but that wasnt ever the point of discussion to me.

My point is: if the market is not mixed and/or the gap is too large, you have created fragmentation, and it will not help widespread adoption. Which in turn might kill the innovation. In the same vein Im not against new tech or RT, but the way it gets pushed forward.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
But how does that mix with your whole trickle down story just now then? Change of heart? Or am I in fact spot on here, since you felt the need to once again go in penis compare mode.

You are as free to enjoy your hardware as I am to enjoy mine - but that wasnt ever the point of discussion to me.

My point is: if the market is not mixed and/or the gap is too large, you have created fragmentation, and it will not help widespread adoption. Which in turn might kill the innovation. In the same vein Im not against new tech or RT, but the way it gets pushed forward.

Trickle down economics
The idea behind trickle-down economics is simple: cut taxes for the richest and the benefits will trickle down. These policies should enable wealthy owners to create more jobs for middle and lower class citizens, meaning the benefits are felt by everyone.

Economies of scale
Economies of scale are cost advantages reaped by companies when production becomes efficient. Companies can achieve economies of scale by increasing production and lowering costs. This happens because costs are spread over a larger number of goods. Costs can be both fixed and variable.

see? you can't even distinguish between these two, arguing with someone who knows so little is just wasting time. Have fun with your hardware though, happiness come from within you know :D. I definitely don't envy people who buy millions dollars cars, yatch, living in mansion, fake instagram influencers and neither should you.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I 100% agree, my 48c1 with a 3080TI is great. There are no burn in problems, people should let that myth go.

Time will tell but so far results do look promising. The diagonal though, 48 inch is effin big for a monitor... Id be all over it at 16 inch smaller... 32 inch is really the biggest you can go for monitor desktop...

Trickle down economics

Economies of scale

see? you can't even distinguish between these two, arguing with someone who knows so little is just wasting time. Have fun with your hardware though, happiness come from within you know :D. I definitely don't envy people who buy millions dollars cars, yatch, living in mansion, fake instagram influencers and neither should you.

Good, lets leave it there ;)

System Name 4k
Processor AMD 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG b550m Mortar Wifi
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 bl8g36c16u4b.m8fe1
Video Card(s) Nvidia Reference 3080Ti
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) LG 48" C1
Case CORSAIR Carbide AIR 240 Micro-ATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar STX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W
Software Microsoft Windows10 Pro x64
Time will tell but so far results do look promising. The diagonal though, 48 inch is effin big for a monitor... Id be all over it at 16 inch smaller... 32 inch is really the biggest you can go for monitor desktop...

Good, lets leave it there ;)
I plan on picking up the 42inch that will be released by LG next year and moving my 48 into the bed room. I do agree the 48 is large but you can set custom resolutions for games and not use the whole screen. I usually use Ultra wide resolutions for certain games but my HDR games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider i use full screen.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I cant tell any of them apart

On 4k and 1440p TAA is the best and looks the sharpest, DLAA is second and DLSS is worst quality.

System Name VENTURI
Processor 2x AMD 7773x Epyc (128/256 cores)
Motherboard Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 Dual socket motherboard
Cooling Air, noctua, heatsinks, silent/low noise
Memory 1.TB 2 LRDIMM ECC REG
Video Card(s) 2x 4090 FE RTX
Storage Raid 0 Micron 9300 Max (15.4TB each / 77TB array - overprovisioned to 64TB) & 8TB OS nvme
Display(s) Asus ProArt PAU32UCG-K
Case TT miniITX P1 (SFF)
Audio Device(s) harmon Kardon speakers / apple
Power Supply 1600 AXi digital (silent)
Mouse Mad Catz pro X
Keyboard KeyChron Q6 Pro
Software MS 2022 Data Center Server, Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Gravity mark 136,708 (high score)
Seems there are a lot of camps and opinions on this that go beyond TAA VS DLAA VS DLSS.
and we might have gotten off topic ;)

With that said, as static images go, it is plain to see that in this specific set of examples the TAA is better at 4K, ~ as static images are presented.

Seems there are a lot of camps and opinions on this that go beyond TAA VS DLAA VS DLSS.
and we might have gotten off topic ;)

With that said, as static images go, it is plain to see that in this specific set of examples the TAA is better at 4K, ~ as static images are presented.
You know there are many different modalities, CRAA, HRAA, AEAA(GBAA)... These vendors don't commit themselves to open versions.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Sorry, the TAA looks the best.
ES Online already have shitty textures, but with DLxx solution those really look like low quality .
MSAA still looks the best, but it's the most taxing of all.

MSAA still looks the best, but it's the most taxing of all
Not true. The only downside of analytical filters is the staircase effect artifacted primary images. MSAA is just oversampling the compromised primary. It is not necessarily better than analytical filtering.
It just makes %25 error rate become a quarter, %6.25. A true analytical filter could definitely surpass it without a doubt.
The problem with analytical sampling is most of the times the gpus have excess memory performance, but not shader performance. This causes an overhead whereas free performance would look better for MSAA. This was not present in immediate mode big die gpus AMD had in the past, but all gpus now have tiled buffered access memory, so one or the other would be the same.