• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Electronics Introduces the SRS-NS7 - a Wearable Personal Theater

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Sony Electronics Inc. today announced the new SRS-NS7 wireless neckband speaker, the latest addition to its wearable speaker lineup, and the WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter. The SRS-NS7 provides an immersive home theater experience and when paired with the supplied wireless transmitter, customers can experience tailored sound for a new way of listening. The WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter is also sold separately so customers can enjoy the same cinematic audio when using select Sony headphones.

The SRS-NS7 transforms the way customers experience their favorite Dolby Atmos movies thanks to Sony's unique 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer," said Tyler Ishida, Deputy President for Consumer Business Group, Sony Electronics Inc. "With powerful audio, long-lasting battery and an extremely comfortable design, this product is made for non-stop entertainment."

Ultimate Immersion with 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer

The SRS-NS7 is the world's first wireless neckband speaker that delivers Dolby Atmos when paired with Sony's BRAVIA XR television models. It offers Sony's unique 360 Spatial Sound, which delivers a perfectly optimized cinematic experience with the 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app. When the SRS-NS7 is paired via Bluetooth technology with the supplied wireless transmitter and connected to a BRAVIA XR TV, the 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app can take a photo of the user's ear and analyze their hearing characteristics by estimating the ear's 3D shape. This creates the ideal arrangement of virtual Dolby Atmos speakers around the user.

In addition to enjoying Dolby Atmos on a BRAVIA XR TV, SRS-NS7 users can also experience 360 Reality Audio music when using their smartphone. 360 Reality Audio immerses users in music as if they were right in front of their favorite artist, and is available when using compatible music services like Deezer, nugs.net and TIDAL.

Thrilling Personal Sound Experiences

Using Sony's renowned audio technologies, the SRS-NS7 delivers crystal clear acoustics and powerful sound pressure for the ultimate personal cinema experience. To achieve this, an X-Balanced Speaker Unit provides the optimum speaker size in a compact body and increases sound pressure and reduces distortion for clear music and vocals. Alongside this, the upward facing speaker delivers crisp sound directly to the user without disturbing others, so customer can enjoy movies and music even at midnight. Plus, the passive radiator increases low frequency response for clearer bass sound to deliver thumping music sound effects and deep beats.

Pictures and Sound, Perfectly in Sync

The supplied wireless transmitter helps minimize audio delay for the SRS-NS7 when connected with BRAVIA XR TVs, so users can be fully immersed in Dolby Atmos movies with sound and pictures precisely matched.

Comfortable Fit for Non-stop Entertainment

The SRS-NS7 is the perfect companion for all-night movie marathons or binge-watching favorite TV shows. It provides hours of comfortable viewing for all types of content thanks to its flexible and ergonomic design that fits securely around the neck.

There's no need to worry about battery life with the SRS-NS7's up to 12 hours of power and up to 5 hours at maximum volume, so even the longest movies and TV shows can keep on playing. Even when the battery is low, a 10-minute quick charge provides up to 60 minutes of extra play time.

The SRS-NS7 is also great for working from home with easy hands-free calling. Optimal microphone placement allows the SRS-NS7 to capture and deliver voice in excellent quality, while an X-Balanced Speaker Unit reproduces colleagues' voices clearly. Plus, with echo cancelling minimizing feedback, everyone on the call can hear and be heard clearly.

Designed with total convenience in mind, the SRS-NS7 also features Multipoint Connection, which enables users to connect two devices at the same time. So, if a business call comes in on a laptop while customers are listening to music on their smartphone, they can take the call with just one click of the Play/Call button on the left side of the neckband. Once the call is over, it automatically reconnects to the smartphone playlist.

With an IPX411 splash-proof design, the SRS-NS7 lets users enjoy their favorite shows and tunes anywhere in the house without worry, even while doing daily chores like washing dishes. Plus, the open-ear style lets customers watch and listen while still being aware of what's going on around them.

Premium and Practical Design
With a fabric surface and a silicone neckband, the SRS-NS7 is perfect for everyday use and is easy to clean.

The SRS-NS7 is not only designed to be stylish, but also with the environment in mind. Less than 5% of the SRS-NS7 packaging is plastic, reflecting Sony's commitment to reducing the environmental impact of its products and practices.

WLA-NS7 Transmitter for Select Sony Headphones

Sony's 360 Spatial Sound experience on BRAVIA XR TVs will also be available on select Sony headphones when paired with the WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter. The WLA-NS7 works with select Sony headphones to create atmospheric personal cinema that surrounds users for a new way of listening.

Pricing and Availability:

The SRS-NS7 has a suggested retail price of $299.99 and is available to pre-order today at Sony Electronics, Best Buy and Amazon.
The WLA-NS7 has a suggested retail price of $59.99 and is available to pre-order today at Sony Electronics, Best Buy and Amazon.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
our society produces so much e-waste its staggering. $300, and the batteries will be worthless probably within 3 years... Congress needs to pass a law that all products that use any kind of battery must have easy access to replace said battery, and official batteries must be available for purchase for up to 10 years after a products release

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
The Bluetooth transmitter is really disappointing, especially considering it's from Sony, as it's SBC only, from the company that "invented" LDAC...
Even more so when the speaker supports LDAC. Hopefully they just "forgot" to add it to the tech specs on their site.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
why not just use some headphones? seems like a problem seeking a solution

Have you ever lived in a hot place(where average temps are above 30C)? Then try using headphones in such a place they get uncomfortable too quickly. I just wish it was wired instead of wireless with non replaceble battery.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Have you ever lived in a hot place(where average temps are above 30C)? Then try using headphones in such a place they get uncomfortable too quickly. I just wish it was wired instead of wireless with non replaceble battery.

if you have money for a setup that is worth spending more on this, can't you afford and AC? And woudn't this still be cooking your neck in above 30ºc indoor.

If my house was constantly above 30ºc my main problem wasn't the sound quality.

if you have money for a setup that is worth spending more on this, can't you afford and AC? And woudn't this still be cooking your neck in above 30ºc indoor.

If my house was constantly above 30ºc my main problem wasn't the sound quality.
During summers here when temps cross 40C AC gets quite expensive and then there are powercuts due to increased demand from grid. Also this atleast wont cause sweating and fungal infection around ears.

System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MPG x570S EDGE MAX WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS XAF-F1451
Memory 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V Samsung B-Die Dual Rank F4-4000C16D-32GVKA
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 4070ti
Storage 17tb (8+4tb WD Black HDD's, 2+2+0.5+0.5tb M.2 SSD Drives) + 16tb WD Red Pro backup drive
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz, Sony X85K 43" 4k 120hz HDR TV
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod, Rival 3 + Rival 3 wireless, JLab Epic Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB + K57 RGB Wireless + Logitech G613
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/s2y7ny
My thoughts exactly, frequency response has to be terrible too so not only is it useless, your tv has better audio output than this and if you need to isolate your sound, why the f not go with wireless headphones?

Another in the long line of completely useless products thought up by total retards.

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
Am I seeing this correctly.. lol It's like something from the Onion news hahaha

It's like that article from the Onion news about car neck seatbelts

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Am I seeing this correctly.. lol It's like something from the Onion news hahaha

It's like that article from the Onion news about car neck seatbelts
Sony's third iteration.
Panasonic has a wired version...

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
There's a new wireless audio technology that provides a great audio home-theatre experience to your sofa without you requiring the listener to recharge batteries or pair bluetooth devices. Using a radical energy-transfer method, base-stations near the display convert the digital signal into pure kinetic energy and direct this kinetic energy to the pair of receivers in the listener by converting the energy into complex variances of local air pressure.

It is recommended to use at least two base-stations for most content to match the number of receiving devices used by the lister though it's possible to add numerous more to improve the spatial effects, provided the source material has been encoded to take advantage of more than two channels. Disadvantages include a limited range of effect, but user feedback seems to indicate that the range is competitive with Bluetooth connections and therefore should be able to compete in the home theatre market.

Currently the technology is undergoing refinement but Thomas Edison, the patent holder, hopes that this technology will become the default solution for transmitting recorded audio without the use of wires in the coming years. Unfortunately, Thomas Edison could not be reached for comment at this time, sources cite his death ninety years ago to be a possible reason for his failure to elaborate on the subject.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid but something about putting wireless devices on my head, ears or neck just does not sit healthy in the long run.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Perhaps I'm being paranoid but something about putting wireless devices on my head, ears or neck just does not sit healthy in the long run.
Yes, because non ionising radiation with a maximum output of 0.1W is going to fry your brain.

our society produces so much e-waste its staggering. $300, and the batteries will be worthless probably within 3 years... Congress needs to pass a law that all products that use any kind of battery must have easy access to replace said battery, and official batteries must be available for purchase for up to 10 years after a products release
I agree with that statement but someone has to buy a thing before it can become e-waste and I doubt this dumb thing is going to move much volume.

D

Deleted member 202104

1979 called and they want their tech back:

bonefone.jpg

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus Elite v2
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 ARGB w/ Conductonaut
Memory 4x8 GB HyperX Fury 3600MHz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio
Storage 970 EVO 1TB, 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Display(s) Omen 32q
Case SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V EVO TG ARGB
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s+L30, Emu Teak, AH-D5200, HD660S2, Focal Elegia, SR325x, 7Hz Zero:2, MDR-1AM2, etc etc
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Xtrfy M4
Keyboard Alloy Origins 60
Software Win11
Benchmark Scores very high of course
Sony's third iteration.
Panasonic has a wired version...

Actually I think Sennheiser was the first with the Surrounder in 1999.
1633447691418.png

1979 called and they want their tech back:

View attachment 219578

Oh OK, so Sennheiser were 2nd 20 years too late in 1999 already :D

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Looks like a toilet seat.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
remindend me of those early vr sets

PR1-1.jpg

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
As ridiculous as it seems, I'm interested in it for my grandma. She has awful hearing and won't use her audiphones even if it saved her life and I had to set up a rf earphones for her to use at night.

Exyvia

Depends on what type of batteries, if they're the standard 18650, it could be easy to replace yourself. The drivers themselves could also be recycled.

I don't think you can connect a headphone to the TV unless through 3.5mm jack.

My thoughts exactly, frequency response has to be terrible too so not only is it useless, your tv has better audio output than this and if you need to isolate your sound, why the f not go with wireless headphones?

Another in the long line of completely useless products thought up by total retards.
The probably they're solving is those whom don't have room for a sound bar or 7.1 surround sound for their TV, which if accurately advertised would be better than directly from your TV.

TheLostSwede

News Editor