• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperX Achieves 20 Million Gaming Headsets Shipping Milestone

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
HyperX, the gaming peripherals team at HP Inc. and brand leader in gaming and e-sports, today announced it has shipped over 20 million gaming headsets since launching HyperX Cloud gaming headsets in April 2014. Underscoring an unwavering commitment to provide comfortable gear for hours of gameplay, HyperX has developed a full line of headsets that deliver high quality sound and performance for gaming, listening to music, watching videos, and chatting. With gaming headsets designed to work with PCs, consoles and mobile devices, HyperX is a leader in the audio gaming market.

"Since the launch of the first HyperX gaming headset in 2014, we've steadily evolved our designs and selection of products to become an industry leader for quality, comfort, and sound," said Paul Leaman, Vice-President, HyperX EMEA. "As competitive and casual gaming continues to gain popularity across PCs, consoles, and mobile platforms, we strive to further advance our headsets to new levels and look forward to delivering the next 20 million high quality headphones to discerning customers worldwide."

HyperX offers a variety of PC, console and wireless headsets to deliver best-in-class products designed to enhance the gaming experience. HyperX's line of Cloud gaming headsets provides superior performance, comfort and quality designed to meet the most rigorous demands of all gamers. Highlighting support for the e-sports community and delivering professional-grade gaming gear for both PC and console gamers, HyperX is celebrating a range of product and company milestones, including:
  • 2014 First Gaming Headset with Comfort in Mind - the HyperX Cloud
  • 2015 HyperX Cloud II with USB Audio Control Box and Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound
  • 2016 First Official Xbox Licensed CloudX; CloudX Pro Gaming Headset
  • 2017 Next-Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset with Dual Chamber Technology
  • 2018 Cloud MIX Gaming Headset with Bluetooth Technology
  • 2019 HyperX Adds Officially Licensed PlayStation 4 Gaming Headsets
  • 2020 HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound
  • 2021 HP Acquires HyperX; Achieves 20 Million Gaming Headsets Shipping Milestone
Since launching its first gaming headsets in 2014, HyperX has expanded its Cloud gaming headset product line-up to include a variety of PC, console, and wireless gaming headsets for a range of gaming needs and applications. The HyperX brand is recognized for delivering high-quality products, including gaming headsets, keyboards, mice, mouse pads, and microphones.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
If any of you guys are going to buy HyperX headset, DON'T. The plastic headband piece breaks apart while the headset itself is fine and dandy

While the HyperX Cloud I and II's use this old design, the newer Flight design has the same flaw: the shit quality plastic

It’s heart-breaking tbh. The audio is still good and build quality is not that shit out of the box. But over time the plastic can't handle the tension by the metal fork/handle and will deteriorate.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
If any of you guys are going to buy HyperX headset, DON'T. The plastic headband piece breaks apart while the headset itself is fine and dandy

While the HyperX Cloud I and II's use this old design, the newer Flight design has the same flaw: the shit quality plastic

I can't speak for the Cloud I/II serie but I do have a cheaper Stinger since late 2018 and its still in 1 piece with no cracks even and works with no issues.
Earcups are a bit worn out but that was to be expected after this much use + I'm also wearing glasses with it.

For the ~60 $ I paid for it back then I'm satisfied with it, I wouldn't call it world leading comfort during the first 1+ month 'it was bad' but after my head got used to it its fine.

Ever since Kingston sold hyperX to HP, I just do not value hyperX same as before but it is me.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Its funny that I click on this thread laughing to myself about "If they are anything like the ones I bought for my kid" and the first pic I see is a busted pair lol. Yeah not surprised they sold so many, I did not buy another from that brand to replace them.. They did sound ok though and I was kinda choked they broke so easy. But he is a kid, and it happens sometimes. For him it was the mic. Then I got too close to his Xbox headphones that he got for his birthday with my Dyson and it pulled the wire clean off to the headset. Instant tears. Was an expensive day thanks to the shortages..

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
Why? How?! Then again, people ate up Beats as well. At least with HyperX people aren't paying exorbitant prices because a washed up rapper endorsed them. :p

The Cloud was AMAZING when it launched, great sound quality for every use case, unlike other at the time which had average sound but with bass up to 11, also the unboxing experience was very cool, felt like was opening an expensive sennhiers.

Cant believe they launched all the way back in early 2014, they continue to be a good recommendation even today!

Happy to see them continue to be well regarded, they were also advertised on Free Guy 2021 movie!

I hope HP takes what Kingston did with Hyper X and builds over that, not cutting costs for more profits