• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's your latest tech purchase?

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
@Liquid Cool Could have been worse, there could have been a condom inside
26661f4017c932867af8fe699f81f3b3.jpg

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Part One! It was a helluva weekend...

WARNING! Not for the squeamish. If you're grossed out easily, just skip this one...:eek:.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been on a bit of a tear lately...

I received my new graphics card on Saturday and my new laptop on Sunday and here it is Tuesday evening and I'm still scratching my head over what just happened.

You guys have been making me extremely nervous that my photography skills are seriously lacking. This time, I thought I'd do my best and try to take better photos. So, when I removed the graphics card from the box, I thought I'd get a snapshot before I opened it.

I lined up my tablet to the graphics card and started clicking away.

View attachment 220567

While I was clicking away I noticed the graphics card looked like it had a green pcb, but the one I purchased had a black one? What was going on here? So...I immediately ripped open the package and sure enough...it was a green pcb.

View attachment 220572

Belonging to an OEM Dell GT 720. The card I had purchased was an AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 4GB. I really love the little cards if you can pick them up cheaply...and I did.

I read the seller's feedback and thought to myself that this gentlemen is attempting to pull a bait and switch here...

View attachment 220573

So...I skipped the niceties and go straight to opening a case. Yet, the seller contacted me...apologized and immediately shipped a replacement. He was actually a gentlemen about the mishap and apologized. When confronted with the above image. His reply was that "while I can't do anything about those past transactions...I can do something here and now with this one, please let me correct my mistake." The mistake being a shipping label mishap according to the seller. The new graphics card will be here tomorrow...Stay Tuned!

Now on to the laptop and here is the warning. If you're squeamish, just skip the second photo(and maybe the third).

I purchased what I thought was going to be a beautiful replacement for my HP Pro x2 612 G2 tablet. It's the HP Elitebook 745 G6. The order was shipped in a timely manner and Fed Ex upped the delivery from Monday to Sunday, so I received it faster than expected.

I now believe I know why. I would assume Fed ex wanted this crazy box out of their possession as quickly as possible.

View attachment 220574

I was literally chuckling to myself as I was opening the box, it almost felt like one of those trick boxes with the secret compartment. I knew this was going to be good, because I believe the box/packing is a representative of the person. Call me strange...but please test this theory yourself before you do.

I finally get to the bubble wrap, it was thrown in there and hastily wrapped around the laptop, they didn't bother with tape. From my perspective, nothing says "I don't give a damn" more than a hastily wrapped package tossed into a box...loosely. So...I pull it out of the box and the seller forgot the power adapter, it was nowhere in sight. I unwrap the laptop and the first thing I see is this.

View attachment 220575

I did a doubletake....then I realized I had the filthiest laptop I've ever seen in my hands and I tossed it back into the box. There was an eyelash in the upper right hand corner. Literally filth ALL over the device. I know people like examples...there was the residue from a sticker underneath...Enjoy!

View attachment 220576

So...I contact the guy and I ask him why he sent me a laptop with a piece of someone's scalp embedded into the lid cover and I kid you not. His reply was...and I quote "I sold AS IS, I didn't said 100% clean with no use!" No mention of why there would be a piece of human flesh on the laptop to begin with? He acted as though it was business as usual. Par for the course eh?

Me and this gentlemen went round and round regarding this laptop, I felt like I was in a 15 round boxing match. He ended up sending me a refund, but warned me that if I left him negative feedback he'd "have ebay investigate my intentions"? In closing...he mentioned he'd send me a shipping label. I haven't heard from him since. The laptop hasn't moved...

So, here it is Tuesday evening, the graphics card will be here tomorrow and I'm sitting here wondering. Did the graphics card seller actually send a replacement AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200? If so...will the replacement actually work?

Not to mention....Did good ol' Liquid Cool just unknowingly pick up a Staph Infection?

Stay Tuned for Part Two!

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool
Buy a bottle of IPA and pour it over the laptop (in the box) and let it soak? Should make it reasonably safe to handle at least.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
No offense, but I used to refurbish toughbooks, so no sympathy from me on the "ick" department...

...Except this is a retail sale that the seller could at least pretend to care about, not state surplus auctions. My sympathies on that front. ;)

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Edit:

coming from a 1000R Odyssey G7 to a flat monitor messes with my brain... this monitor looks like it's heavily curved backwards :D
20211013_095802.jpg

Last edited:
System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
New headphones cause.. i broke the old ones.

1.jpg2.jpg

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
In times of Covid, you should set that guys ass on fire for shipping a filthy, human parts covered mess.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
@Liquid Cool Could have been worse, there could have been a condom insideView attachment 220585

There's a thread about this

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
There's a thread about this

I know and I was hoping most people knew the photo also it can almost be considered a meme by now, not that I actually know what a meme actually is.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
After reviewing the replies to my post, I went back and looked at the timestamps during my lengthy discussion on Sunday with the seller. We went back and forth for three solid hours.

I can be quite persuasive, but I wasn't 10 minutes in to my discussion with this so-called gentlemen that I started to feel that I may have met my match.

It's hard to discuss anything when the other person simply doesn't care - at all. He made it very clear he didn't give a damn about anything I made a comment on, and I also believe it was very clear he didn't care about the item he sold me as well.

Body parts came up in the discussion on several occasions!

My language was liberally sprinkled with colorful words and phrases...disconcerting, demeaning, profoundly disturbing, inundated by a film of flesh and filth...and they played to the crickets. Nothing.

What he did seem to care about is receiving a 1 star review and negative feedback on his record. So I used this to my advantage to persuade him into giving me an immediate refund instead of him taking a hit to his account when I open a case.

Once I had secured the return, I simply walked away before the conversation got any more heated than it already was.

Rolling in to the fourth day...still waiting on that shipping label.

Now...as I sit here in my easy chair this morning I'm viewing my graphics card tracking number information and despite being told the card would be overnighted...it was sent UPS ground. Interesting. Not to mention...usually by this time of the morning, I'd be notified it was on the truck for delivery. UPS hasn't updated the site yet...so I'm not 100% for certain what is going on here.

Is it being delivered today...or not.jpg

All I know is that...as the tape rips and the box is popped open...the camera will be clicking away in preparation for Part Two of this little adventure and hopefully a conclusion to the madness.

Well, at least half the madness...

:),

Liquid Cool

Last edited:
Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...
LC, you get the nickname Terl...."Leverage, leverage."

I can hear you now..."Filthy humans!"

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
No offense, but I used to refurbish toughbooks, so no sympathy from me on the "ick" department...

...Except this is a retail sale that the seller could at least pretend to care about, not state surplus auctions. My sympathies on that front. ;)
There could very well be "'rona extra" all over it!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
There could very well be "'rona extra" all over it!
That's true. Didn't have to worry about that back in 2010s, though I did use rubber gloves more than once... lol.

After reviewing the replies to my post, I went back and looked at the timestamps during my lengthy discussion on Sunday with the seller. We went back and forth for three solid hours.

I can be quite persuasive, but I wasn't 10 minutes in to my discussion with this so-called gentlemen that I started to feel that I may have met my match.

It's hard to discuss anything when the other person simply doesn't care - at all. He made it very clear he didn't give a damn about anything I made a comment on, and I also believe it was very clear he didn't care about the item he sold me as well.

Body parts came up in the discussion on several occasions!

My language was liberally sprinkled with colorful words and phrases...disconcerting, demeaning, profoundly disturbing, inundated by a film of flesh and filth...and they played to the crickets. Nothing.

What he did seem to care about is receiving a 1 star review and negative feedback on his record. So I used this to my advantage to persuade him into giving me an immediate refund instead of him taking a hit to his account when I open a case.

Once I had secured the return, I simply walked away before the conversation got any more heated than it already was.

Rolling in to the fourth day...still waiting on that shipping label.

Now...as I sit here in my easy chair this morning I'm viewing my graphics card tracking number information and despite being told the card would be overnighted...it was sent UPS ground. Interesting. Not to mention...usually by this time of the morning, I'd be notified it was on the truck for delivery. UPS hasn't updated the site yet...so I'm not 100% for certain what is going on here.

View attachment 220683

All I know is that...as the tape rips and the box is popped open...the camera will be clicking away in preparation for Part Two of this little adventure and hopefully a conclusion to the madness.

Well, at least half the madness...

:),

Liquid Cool
You sure have a fun saga going. Nothing worse than a seller that can't/won't be bothered.

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
That's true. Didn't have to worry about that back in 2010s, though I did use rubber gloves more than once... lol.
Back in the 2010s, I was like, "as long as that's not deer mouse stuff, I'm OK". The hantavirus variant that only exists in deer mice/peromyscus-genus mice (also the "rice rat" and "cotton rat", which are not the same rodent genus, however) and only in the Americas, is more lethal than the new coronaviruses! People usually end up in an ICU and are killed by a mouse!

Yes, "deer mouse" is the same mouse that ended up being all over the news in the 2010s at Yosemite National Park! Same with 1993! They sadly exist in rural areas all over the Americas, including Canada.
Deer mice, tend to be associated with filthy places in rural areas over here.

OTOH, ironically the hantavirus variants that came with rodents from overseas and of course from where my ancestors were, isn't lethal like that and people usually recover. Rats in the northeast, will have the not-so-lethal variant, ironically!

Last edited:
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Lenovo IdeaPad S145 - Ryzen 5 3500U, 8GB RAM DDR4, 1TB HDD, VEGA 8

1.jpg

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Does a replacement mouse switch count? I went for an 80 million click model; the Kailh GM 8.0

Sort of boring, but it keeps me entertained.

Attachments

• Mouse switch.jpg
    Mouse switch.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Does a replacement mouse switch count? I went for an 80 million click model; the Kailh GM 8.0

Sort of boring, but it keeps me entertained.
For me yeah, i just scrolling through local market to find any that looks nice and not killing my wallet

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Nintendo Switch OLED pre-ordered from Target back in July. It arrived this Monday.

Apart from a Nintendo Super NES Classic, this is the first videogame console I've owned in 2+ decades. The last console I owned was an N64 from the mid-Nineties.

I look forward to enjoying Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Monster Hunter Rise and Bayonetta 2 in the upcoming months. And probably a few other titles of superior quality. I've looked at some of the "Best Switch Games" lists and I know that I'm missing some great games.

Plenty of opportunity.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I love living in a country with healthcare

Cause ehrm diserbled, the gov gives funding for various things: i dont need it for much so it piled up, and my Dyson V6 died...

Say hello to an auto-emptying, vacuum-mop

1634187099248.png

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Nintendo Switch OLED pre-ordered from Target back in July. It arrived this Monday.

Apart from a Nintendo Super NES Classic, this is the first videogame console I've owned in 2+ decades. The last console I owned was an N64 from the mid-Nineties.

I look forward to enjoying Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Monster Hunter Rise and Bayonetta 2 in the upcoming months. And probably a few other titles of superior quality. I've looked at some of the "Best Switch Games" lists and I know that I'm missing some great games.

Plenty of opportunity.

I preordered my Switch OLED July 17th from Wal-Mart, my order just says delayed still. :( Hopefully it gets here in a week or two at least. Metroid Dread arrived yesterday from GameFly rental subscription service. Metroid Fusion gave me awesome high school memories, was some good times playing on my custom backlight GBA back in the day. Going to be awesome playing its 17 yr future sequel... lol

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
I love living in a country with healthcare

Cause ehrm diserbled, the gov gives funding for various things: i dont need it for much so it piled up, and my Dyson V6 died...

Say hello to an auto-emptying, vacuum-mop

View attachment 220791
I'm confused, does one really need help to empty a vacuum and surely your just putting it from one container to another, which you will inevitably have to empty.

Another thing that confused me is spending that much on a hoover? Why not buy a robot one or two and get rid of the work entirely. Hell I could buy 10 roomba clones from China and watch them battle to the death in my living room over some dog hair and crumbs.

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
Got some extension cable for my sfx psu. I am liking the silver one alot as it is thin and flexible despite being a lower 16 gauge wire vs the black one at 18. Gonna put this in my rig and update the pc atm thread later :D It happen that my windows deskstop restart itself today due to update. Damn you windows now I have reopen and restart my work task again that was not close for weeks. If I could remember what work I left running..

20211014_161505.jpg

20211014_161636.jpg
20211014_161642.jpg
20211014_161655.jpg

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
View attachment 220474
since tv is going to move to digital, i must buy this one, not the fancy one just meet my need although i just spend few hours in a week watching tv
Why is it that it seems like all of these have the same, really terrible designer?
It looks like our two cable company provided STB's and they're just as U-G-L-Y and made from the same cheapo plastic.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Why is it that it seems like all of these have the same, really terrible designer?
It looks like our two cable company provided STB's and they're just as U-G-L-Y and made from the same cheapo plastic.
actually i dunno, sometimes i feel like they use OEM design and leave it as it is as long as they can sell to their customer