• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Launches Full Range of Intel Z690 Motherboard Packed with Revolutionary Technology

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The leading global motherboard manufacturer, ASRock, proudly announces its comprehensive new range of motherboards featuring Intel Z690 chipset, a brand new LGA1700 socket platform to pair with latest 12th Generation Intel CoreTM Processors, opening endless possibility with PCI Express 5.0 and DDR5 high speed memory.

Z690 Taichi
Designed for premium user who is looking for uncompromised performance, ASRock Z690 Taichi is definitely the way to go, this motherboard has been given 20 phase Dr.MOS design featuring the latest SPS (Smart Power Stage) technology for a smoother and neater power to the CPU with enhanced performance and OC capability. To pair with the latest and greatest performance from the 12th Generation Intel CoreTM Processors, the Z690 Taichi is also capable of supporting the newest DDR5 DRAM module, the reinforced DIMM slot is surfaced mounted onto the motherboard to give better physical strength as well as a more stable memory signal, with this superior revolutionary design, it is able to dramatically overclock DRAM module up to insane frequency.

Protect your valuable data from hackers! The Z690 Taichi has uniquely added one SATA & USB port that is independent from others, once this feature is activated from BIOS setting, the independent SATA & USB port is cutoff from other ports to prevent malwares and ransomware from accessing. USB4 Type-C with Thunderbolt 4 technology is also available on the rear I/O of this motherboard, providing an incredible 40 Gb/s transfer rate that is perfect for ultra-high speed external storage devices.

The Phantom Gaming Series
To give Z690 PG Velocita the ultimate gaming weapon, ASRock has specially designed a PCIe Gen5 x4 blazing M.2 Key-M slot that accommodates the latest PCI Express 5.0 standard to perform twice the bandwidth compared to previous generation, with a breathtaking 128 Gb/s transfer speed, it is ready to unleash the full potential of future ultrafast SSDs. For the mainstream gamer who requires a reliable yet powerful companion, Z690 PG Riptide is definitely the only choice for you, the carefully picked gaming essentials such as Lightning Gaming Ports and Killer networking enables you to game with the best gear, also the support of latest PCIe 5.0 as well as the sturdy Dr.MOS CPU VRM design with its large heatsinks gives you the confidence to game as hard as you desire.

As for the small form factor fanatics, the Z690 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 is definitely the only motherboard for you, ASRock has crammed every luxury spec you can imagine into this little beast such as Thunderbolt 4 Type-C, Killer 2.5 Gbps LAN and WiFi 6E, 11 phase 105 A SPS Dr.MOS and also the support of DDR5 & PCIe 5.0, bringing innovative technology and high quality products to the Mini-ITX market.

ASRock Steel Legend and Extreme Series
All ASRock Z690 motherboards received serval upgrades to improve CPU performance as well as better thermal efficiency, The Z690 Extreme and Z690 Steel Legend motherboard series were designed around 6 Layer PCB and 2 ounce copper inner layers, delivering lower temperature and higher energy efficiency for overclocking! Bios Flashback feature is added on all ASRock Z690 motherboard to give maximum future proof capability, users can easily update BIOS via "BIOS Flashback" button located on the rear IO with a USB flash drive and power supply, No CPU, RAM or other components required.

Every motherboard in this series is equipped with 2.5Gb/s LAN and a front panel USB 3.2 Gen-2x2 header. 2.5 Gb/s LAN boosts networking performance 2.5X over typical home ethernet speeds. It is ideal for home NAS streaming and backups, content creators, online gamers, and the demands of enthusiasts for lower-latency gaming, faster file transfers and performance that keeps up with modern SSDs. Similarly, USB 3.2 Gen-2x2 is capable of 20 Gbps throughput, providing the most convenient access for USB storage devices in need of extreme speeds.

Pro RS for Mainstream Builders
Pro series has always been the most promising choice for every PC builders, the brand new Z690 Pro RS comes with a new stylish black and grey design, to match with this new subtle look, the Z690 Pro RS has been given 6 layer 2 OZ PCB and 13 phase Dr.MOS VRM, Dr.MOS operates more efficiently than alternative solutions, enabling lower temperatures and improved sustained performance, bringing performance and overclocking potential to the masses.

Graphics card holder is also bundled with all ASRock Z690 mainstream to high-end motherboards. Its universal design ensures heavy graphics cards can be held securely in the chassis. Simply attach it to your motherboard and chassis with the provided screws, and then slide the holder to the required height of your graphics card.

With a wide range of options available including everything from entry to premium, mini-ITX, mATX and ATX, look no further because the ASRock Z690 motherboard series brings incredible performance, best-in-class features, and stylish designs throughout its comprehensive range. For more information, please check: https://www.asrock.com/mb/#IntelZ690

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
"neater" power to the CPU

the reinforced DIMM slot is surfaced mounted onto the motherboard to give better physical strength as well as a more stable memory signal, with this superior revolutionary design, it is able to dramatically overclock DRAM module up to insane frequency.

Excuse me for pointing this out, but EXACTLY wtf is this useless, meaningless gobblygookspeak anyways ????

neater how ???? Has the vrm suddenly been given the ability to decide "Well folks, today we are gonna take a straight path to the cpu instead of those jagged one we usually take.....

revolutionary how ???? Do the ram sticks say that because your board has these revolutionary new slots, it is OK to o/c the crap out of us ???

I've heard ALOT of techno-rubbish over the years, but these had me rotflmao, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :roll::kookoo::laugh::eek::nutkick:

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 rev.5 + Conductonaut
Memory 2x16GiB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4-3200 CL14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900XT TOXIC Limited Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, addlink S70 1TB
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlasterX G5
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Excuse me for pointing this out, but EXACTLY wtf is this useless, meaningless gobblygookspeak anyways ????

neater how ???? Has the vrm suddenly been given the ability to decide "Well folks, today we are gonna take a straight path to the cpu instead of those jagged one we usually take.....

revolutionary how ???? Do the ram sticks say that because your board has these revolutionary new slots, it is OK to o/c the crap out of us ???

I've heard ALOT of techno-rubbish over the years, but these had me rotflmao, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :roll::kookoo::laugh::eek::nutkick:
SMT DIMM slots aren't revolutionary as they appeared on boards in the past but its obviously nice that it's becoming more common (quite understandably given the frequencies DDR5 is supposed to target)
Big letdown that the mITX board doesnt have 10Gb ethernet :roll:

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
I find it curious that ALL the PG boards aren't shown in the picture of the PG boards..... :wtf:

Oh wait....nevermind. Because save for those in the picture, the rest of them are too busy sucking a dumpster full of dicks. :roll:

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex

to be fair to ASRock, it is a better VRM than X570/B550/Z490 Taichi and bigger than Z590 Taichi, so I'm sure they revised the power plane for Z690..............buuuuuuuut it's still insane borderline-Engrish marketing speak from ASRock :laugh:

As for the SMT DIMM slots, on one hand, a bunch of good OC boards have them (Z490I Unify, B550I Gaming Edge Wifi MAX, Z590 OC Formula, Z590 Aorus Extreme) - but too many variables to tell whether it's the SMT DIMM slots that actually made the difference (eg. well-designed memory plane, PCB layers, shielded top layer in memory plane). But as usual it's ASRock so they have to draft this inane press release that buries the truth beneath layers and layers of idiocy :shadedshu:

The new Z690 TB4 ITX board looks good, but hey, it only took them 3 generations to add the OC buttons to the rear I/O like a board that expensive rightly deserves

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
I don't care about Intel though I still love looking at hardware.

But the pictures of the motherboards are atrocious, like 99% compression and put in the background. Not icon sized though you really can't make most of the meaningful details out.

My ASRock X570 motherboard is still doing really good though the onboard audio sucks and I'm still using a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi after all of these years.

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
If I am to buy one of these (I'm not, just day dreaming) it would be this one

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
If I am to buy one of these (I'm not, just day dreaming) it would be this one.
why that particular one ? just curious....

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909