• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

D

Deleted member 24505

I only watched performance benchmarks of the game and from what I've seen the game looked alright to me, a bit of throwback to 3 with the tropical style which is a plus for me.

Dunno I did consider giving FC 5+New Dawn a proper try but I always play something else in the end.
I guess the good thing is that the games don't really connect story wise so I don't necessarily have to play them in order.

I did read some ppl mention a lot of bugs and questionable game mechanics but I'm more or less immune to small bugs so thats a whatever for me.

FC5 is actually pretty good, i really enjoyed it, and still go back to it. I have seen/experienced no bugs at all in 6 as yet.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Not sure that I want to hear Only You from The Platters again soon. It's that damn theme song for the crazy shooting gallery in FC5 which drove me nuts.

D

Deleted member 24505

Not sure that I want to hear Only You from The Platters again soon. It's that damn theme song for the crazy shooting gallery in FC5 which drove me nuts.

there are some things that bug me in FC5 for sure. the constant kidnapping and having to jump through hoops(so to speak) but in general, i like it a lot, the look, the way it runs, the combat. its a pretty slick game imo, and no capture the tower to enlarge the map.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Totally agree on saves. I don't understand why they do that in single player games. Simple situation: you are balls deep between save points when you just need to stop. You give up your progress. In a single player game where it's always kinda at your pace, that's an issue. Right then and there it becomes a downer. Plenty of other situations manual saves help with. Crashes and instability being a big one. If the game crashes say, once a day... so maybe it's mostly stable. Manual saving keeps that crash from being plopped 30 minutes of stuff-you-don't-wanna-do-again away from the nearest save.

Now, Control's world... I love the design, the aesthetic, the layout. I like how it makes you feel sort of lost and trapped. I think they put a lot of work into conveying that. I spent more time wandering the halls and just looking at the different features than doing anything, thinking about what all the stuff might be for, what it means. At the same time the stuff I am learning and figuring out is going through my head. It all kind of comes to life for me. I feel like they give you a lot to read into just in the world. But I can also see how it takes you away from the story while not really giving you much for it, from a gameplay standpoint. I mean, the mechanics are fully arcade-style. There's not much emergent stuff going on as you explore, just random enemy spawns.

I guess that's the issue. It IS linear. The whole thing is on rails from start to finish, even though you can do a few things in a different order. The whole map is just levels stitched together with no actual overworld. So the levels pull double duty by posing as both. Metroid style. But Metroid does it way better, especially when it comes to finding your way into convoluted nooks and crannies you wouldn't have even guessed you COULD pass. In Control it sometimes feels like you're just going back through empty levels. Yeah, I think I can agree with you on that to an extent. The exploring you can do is cool though. I found a lot of secrets on subsequent playthroughs. It took a while to find them all.

I disliked the waypoints a lot too. I learned to just hit them when I pass them, as it saves every time you do. You usually want to tether to the closest one anyway. It also saves every time you pick up a new mod. The game is saving constantly, but it can't let you choose where it puts you. And the thing is, most of the time nothing happens between the waypoint it tosses you back to and getting back to where you died. You just run for a while. Maybe you get into a little scrap. But that's not even a punishment, if you're on it. You're just getting source, maybe a mod or two and some materials.

Rockstar really takes the cake with that sort of thing. I think it's outdated. That kind of rigidity often isn't needed. There are other, more selective ways of addressing 'passages'.

I think they wanted it both ways. Do the open world waypoint things, like many modern games do (made popular by Dark Souls?), but also a tight, controlled story. I am interested in the story and the world, but on the whole I find the gameplay tedious. Whenever I play it I just want to play Max Payne, especially the second game, which are masterclasses of narrative in shooters.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I think they wanted it both ways. Do the open world waypoint things, like many modern games do (made popular by Dark Souls?), but also a tight, controlled story. I am interested in the story and the world, but on the whole I find the gameplay tedious. Whenever I play it I just want to play Max Payne, especially the second game, which are masterclasses of narrative in shooters.
This is a sentiment I see more and more these days. It's my own top critique for every open-world game with heavy story emphasis. I think there is going to be a shift in game genres and story integration soon. We are hitting that wall. There are a few problems with open world that just aren't addressed adequately by anyone making games right now. Sometimes I think people just want too much of an open world game. It's as you said. People want those big, book-like narratives with all of these character dynamics and nuance... but they want to experience that in a flowing, emergent way... through a massive open world. Oh, and shooting as well as something like magic, collectibles, advanced RPG mechanics.... Or at least, the industry generally seems keen on selling people on all of that. When you start rattling it off, it sounds a little bit ridiculous, doesn't it? Is anybody actually up for that whole game?

It's an alluring concept. But for all of the criticism everyone likes to throw at open world stories, nobody ever really even comes close to answering how that's supposed to play out in the first place. Developers are always promising it, but we always get more of the same problems. I kind of wonder if people would be so bent on having all of these things if not for the marketing. It is such a dominant concept right now, and yet nobody is really pulling it off.

I think the time has come to ask not how to make the concept of open world play better with stories but rather to contemplate how to contextualize open world mechanics in new, more engrossing ways. Let story games be story games and choose what makes the most sense for that when it comes to structure and mechanics. Grab-bagging it has become the norm because in their simplest form, an open world game is basically just a sandbox with a few rules added. This means that you *can* add all sorts of things to it. "Modules" if you will. But the more modules you add, the more you detract from the freedom in the sandbox, which will eventually frustrate players by causing tone/pacing issues and essentially creating this tug of war where the exploring takes away from the story and vice versa. I think this is what makes Bethesda good at the open-world aspect of their games. Their modules are skippable. I pretend the story doesn't exist and spend hours exploring the open worlds. That they can be treated like an afterthought sucks, especially in the case of Fallout. But then, its a matter of understanding what can and cannot be done in conjunction. So it becomes "The story is crap, nonsense. But it's not really about the story."

I love story games. I love open world games. Yet every game that is both comes out kind of mixed for me. It's like the OTHER age-old dilemma in shooter stories. The fact that they want to explore all of these moral themes, but because it's a shooter, have to either justify or distract from the fact that genocide is just another Tuesday for their protagonists. The real reason is obviously game play. You need lots of shooting in your shooter. But this conundrum results in a very narrow range of stories and characters. For 2 goddamned decades I've been playing through the same handful of general story sequences and character arcs. Nobody who's played them for decent time can miss how they're all more or less the same progression towards some redemption or retribution.

I wonder if that'll be the next Red Dead? Red Dead Retribution :laugh:

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Meanwhile... when this intro started rolling... nostalgia kicked in. Seeing the chapters available, I think I have some good times ahead!

View attachment 222999
Now that's what a remake is all about! Meanwhile in Mass Effect LE (which costs way more) you have:

maxresdefault.jpg

Better shadows... I guess? :wtf:

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
For now it's Far cry 6 and later next year it will be Dying light 2.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I finally finished my Metro Exodus ranger hardcore run. I am... emotionally exhausted. Pretty much every dynamic you are used to with the game changes on that difficulty. You handle every aspect of the game differently, make different calls, and face different consequences. You just find yourself having so many of these little 'situations' while working against all of these subtle, but paramount strategic limitations. It puts your fast-processing mode to work by invoking it constantly and then forcing it to be thorough while retaining its reactivity. Things that were a focus before don't matter and can't help you. Easily avoidable problems are dire threats, like the cut that turned gangrenous. You better be using your laser attachment, and your ears! Seriously, you need to listen around or you *will* die.

Novosibirsk was brutally punishing. "Oppressive" is the word. You're on a rebellion against the game trying to screw you on every opportunity, knowing that it's gonna succeed a good half of the time, and that you'll need to always be ready for that. To know what 'that' is and be set up. And know when you aren't. You need pretty much everything you can find in there.

Best way to experience it from an atmosphere standpoint. Worst from a story one. You really need your full attention on the game. There's no relaxing, really. It's just hostile a lot of the time.

Oh, and since we were talking about Control... @Splinterdog you were having issues with a boss fight, right? It has an assist mode now, in the gameplay options. You get enhanced aim assist/snapping, multipliers for energy recovery, damage reduction, and ammo recovery, as well as immortality and one hit kills, all independently adjustable. No shame in using that to advance the game to where you want to be when you're so stuck you don't want to play anymore. It's all for fun and enjoyment, anyway.

Last edited:
System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
With Far Cry, I'm yet to even play FC 5 more than a few hours let alone finish it. :laugh:
Despite playing majority of FC titles, FC 5 is just unplayable to me. I tired to, but world was so big, story was crap and I just didn't like that setting at all. It felt like they tried too hard and thus the whole game was rough to play. I tried to play it many times, but I just didn't like it. It was a chore to load it up and decided to get rid of it. So far my FC series rating would be:
Far Cry - 10/10 (My favourite so far, best gameplay, best action, best setting, best sound design)
Far Cry 2 - 4/10 (Really boring gaming, but not off-putting, tons of bugs if fps is unlocked without Vsync on. I haven't even started to play a game properly yet, but I don't really see much potential in it.)
Far Cry 3 - 9/10 (Was really good release, but at times world shit was just too tedious. Ending was a bit poo.)
Far Cry Blood Dragon - 9/10 (Some great fun without slog of open world and overly long story that I don't care, in a way reminds me of first game)
Far Cry 4 - 7/10 (Decent, but it was so long. Very obviously recycled FC 3, so the game itself felt like it brought nothing new, just some characters with mental issues, oh and Pagan Min - chan, who frankly wasn't entirely wrong)
Far Cry 5 - 2/10 (People like it, but I couldn't give a shit about it, again very recycled FC 3, but now with more boring world, way too many things to do and story that is both cringe and boring, characters that I can't enjoy at all)
Far Cry 6 - doesn't fit on ssd/10 (I had to delete some stuff to fit FC5 previously, but I couldn't be arsed to do the same now, I have a feeling, that FC6 might be more of the same of FC5)

Better textures, high poly-count models, better lighting and yes, better shadows.. And that's just what I can see from the screenshot you posted. I think it needs refinement to look it's best, but as is it doesn't look terrible.
It looks pretty poor for what was supposed to be enhanced game. I was starring at them both and besides more detailed (but maybe not even higher res) textures on right, I frankly can't even tell which is supposed to look better. Maybe shadows are poor on left one, but right image was clearly different setting and shadow softness and etc look the same. Poly count looks worse on right as ear looks blockier, while everything else is the same. Also sweater under metal suit looks like it was less polygons on right image, compared to left as it is a straight oval, meanwhile on left - it has waves. Right one has only a tiny better metal suit textures, circles still look quite poor. AA seems to be improved, but you can force it on in Radeon/nVidia control panel, so it's not a strong argument to make.

Last edited:
System Name PC-GX1
Processor i9 10900 non K (stock) TDP 65w
Motherboard asrock b560 steel legend | Realtek ALC897
Cooling cooler master hyper 2x12 LED turbo argb | 5x12cm fan rgb intake | 3x12cm fan rgb exhaust
Memory corsair vengeance LPX 2x32gb ddr4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Gaming Z Trio LHR TDP 370w| 551.76 WHQL | MSI AB v4.65 | RTSS v7.35
Storage NVME 2+2TB gen3| SSD 4TB sata3 | 1+2TB 7200rpm sata3| 4+4+5TB USB3 (optional)
Display(s) AOC U34P2C (IPS panel, 3440x1440 75hz) + speaker 5W*2 | APC BX1100CI MS (660w)
Case lianli lancool 2 mesh RGB windows - white edition | 1x dvd-RW usb 3.0 (optional)
Audio Device(s) Nakamichi soundstation8w 2.1 100W RMS | Simbadda CST 9000N+ 2.1 352W RMS
Power Supply seasonic focus gx-850w 80+ gold - white edition 2021 | APC BX2200MI MS (1200w)
Mouse steelseries sensei ten | logitech g440
Keyboard steelseries apex 5 | steelseries QCK prism cloth XL | steelseries arctis 5
VR HMD -
Software dvd win 10 home 64bit oem + full update 22H2
Benchmark Scores -

after playing that for almost 4 hours in steam version, i give up...... just like doom 2016, its too much jump and puzzle in there..... so, i uninstall it..... oh, god.... i miss the old doom 3......

then, i am try playing this game..... its much fun, more than doom eternal, just like the old time (when i am still using geforce fx 5200 ultra 128mb 128bit)...... but, too bad..... this game has no Blood GORE like doom series.....

Last edited:
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I finally finished my Metro Exodus ranger hardcore run. I am... emotionally exhausted. Pretty much every dynamic you are used to with the game changes on that difficulty. You handle every aspect of the game differently, make different calls, and face different consequences. You just find yourself having so many of these little 'situations' while working against all of these subtle, but paramount strategic limitations. It puts your fast-processing mode to work by invoking it constantly and then forcing it to be thorough while retaining its reactivity. Things that were a focus before don't matter and can't help you. Easily avoidable problems are dire threats, like the cut that turned gangrenous. You better be using your laser attachment, and your ears! Seriously, you need to listen around or you *will* die.

Novosibirsk was brutally punishing. "Oppressive" is the word. You're on a rebellion against the game trying to screw you on every opportunity, knowing that it's gonna succeed a good half of the time, and that you'll need to always be ready for that. To know what 'that' is and be set up. And know when you aren't. You need pretty much everything you can find in there.

Best way to experience it from an atmosphere standpoint. Worst from a story one. You really need your full attention on the game. There's no relaxing, really. It's just hostile a lot of the time.
I know it's more realistic to play at such difficulty levels, but I find no enjoyment in dying every minute. I have friends who play games at extra-uber-super-masterclass levels of difficulty, but I don't. I like relaxing and taking in the atmosphere and I like a good story. I can't focus on these if all my attention is spent on looking for what's lurking behind every shadow. When I first play a game, I always select the easiest difficulty. If it's a good game worth replaying a few times (not immediately, but after playing some other games too), I might select medium. But that's it. I like a difficulty that's engaging, but not overly challenging, as the main focus of a game isn't that - for me. Everyone's different, and that's great. :)

A good example: I just finished Deliver Us The Moon for the second time. There's absolutely no fighting in it, only puzzles. It's a great game with a great atmosphere and a nice story-surprise in the end. It might bore some people, but I love it.

after playing that for almost 4 hours in steam version, i give up...... just like doom 2016, its too much jump and puzzle in there..... so, i uninstall it..... oh, god.... i miss the old doom 3......

then, i am try playing this game..... its much fun, more than doom eternal, just like the old time (when iam still using geforce fx 5200 ultra 128mb)...... but, too bad..... this game has no Blood GORE like doom series.....
I agree with you on Quake Doom Eternal. Too much jumping, too much colour, too much BS. It's an arcade shooter in the classical sense. Not my cup of tea. Doom 2016 on the other hand is a masterpiece, imo.

System Name PC-GX1
Cooling cooler master hyper 2x12 LED turbo argb | 5x12cm fan rgb intake | 3x12cm fan rgb exhaust
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Gaming Z Trio LHR TDP 370w| 551.76 WHQL | MSI AB v4.65 | RTSS v7.35
Storage NVME 2+2TB gen3| SSD 4TB sata3 | 1+2TB 7200rpm sata3| 4+4+5TB USB3 (optional)
Display(s) AOC U34P2C (IPS panel, 3440x1440 75hz) + speaker 5W*2 | APC BX1100CI MS (660w)
Case lianli lancool 2 mesh RGB windows - white edition | 1x dvd-RW usb 3.0 (optional)
Audio Device(s) Nakamichi soundstation8w 2.1 100W RMS | Simbadda CST 9000N+ 2.1 352W RMS
Power Supply seasonic focus gx-850w 80+ gold - white edition 2021 | APC BX2200MI MS (1200w)
Keyboard steelseries apex 5 | steelseries QCK prism cloth XL | steelseries arctis 5
VR HMD -
Benchmark Scores -

playing this with skirmish vs 1 AI.......... i dont know why, but this company heroes with steampunk version of 1920, it is quite heavy for my PC......

Software Windows 10 Pro

playing this with skirmish vs 1 AI.......... i dont know why, but this company heroes with steampunk version of 1920, it is quite heavy for my PC......
Is it really that? Company of Heroes with a steampunk mod? :eek: Looks quite good!

System Name PC-GX1
VR HMD -
Benchmark Scores -
I k

I agree with you on Quake Doom Eternal. Too much jumping, too much colour, too much BS. It's an arcade shooter in the classical sense. Not my cup of tea. Doom 2016 on the other hand is a masterpiece, imo.

IMO.... i love doom 3..... just pure hit and run for FPS......

Is it really that? Company of Heroes with a steampunk mod? :eek: Looks quite good!

that is iron harvest.......RTS.....

this game is, eventhough wiithout RT, but quite heavy too..... i think this and that iron harvest, need DLSS feature.... or FSR........

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Now that's what a remake is all about! Meanwhile in Mass Effect LE (which costs way more) you have:

View attachment 223039

Better shadows... I guess? :wtf:

I guess but he still looks like he is dead inside. Always liked the female shepard a lot better, however it was modelled even. The voicing was better I think. Or maybe I just couldnt get a good face with the voice :)

But yeah, ME Ill happily play the originals..

Software Windows 10 Pro
Better textures, high poly-count models, better lighting and yes, better shadows.. And that's just what I can see from the screenshot you posted. I think it needs refinement to look it's best, but as is it doesn't look terrible.
Maybe, but these are not something you notice while playing. So far, my experience has been exactly the same as playing the original ME, except for the faster elevators.

I'm not disappointed by the game. I'm disappointed by the price and the fact that I had to buy it even though I own the originals. I'm only happy for two things: 1. I bought it on a discount, and 2. I finally have the collection on Steam (even though the launcher uses Origin... oh well).

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I guess but he still looks like he is dead inside. Always liked the female shepard a lot better, however it was modelled even. The voicing was better I think. Or maybe I just couldnt get a good face with the voice :)

But yeah, ME Ill happily play the originals..

For some reason I also kinda prefer femshep, with male Shepard I just play the default one/model and call it a day.
Currently I'm at 2 male and 1 female playthrough but the second male was only because I wanted to romance Tali and you cant do that with a female Shep. :oops:

So I'm guessing there is still 1 more playthrough in the serie for me, another female run to make things even + try some other romances and then I think I might be done with the serie. 'Still want to do a second run in Andromeda too, I actually did not hate that game'

Oh, and since we were talking about Control... @Splinterdog you were having issues with a boss fight, right? It has an assist mode now, in the gameplay options. You get enhanced aim assist/snapping, multipliers for energy recovery, damage reduction, and ammo recovery, as well as immortality and one hit kills, all independently adjustable. No shame in using that to advance the game to where you want to be when you're so stuck you don't want to play anymore. It's all for fun and enjoyment, anyway.

Just checked now, was wondering if I was playing with that on or off but its set to off by default. 'whole assist section'
Did not play the earlier versions so I had no idea this was a thing.:D

Tho its good to know that if I'm really stuck I can do that, extra options are always welcome.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
I still enjoyed the Doom Eternal (doom 2016 was better), but i have to agree this is not Doom, plays more like Quake. I wish they went back to Doom 3 style and just called this ones Quake.

Software Windows 10 Pro
I still enjoyed the Doom Eternal (doom 2016 was better), but i have to agree this is not Doom, plays more like Quake. I wish they went back to Doom 3 style and just called this ones Quake.
I couldn't agree more. Doom Eternal has no replay value to me, while Doom '16 has plenty.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I welcome any assistance, so thanks for the tip!

System Name nope
Processor I3 10100F
Motherboard ATM Gigabyte h410
Cooling Arctic 12 passive
Memory ATM Gskill 1x 8GB NT Series (No Heatspreader bling bling garbage, just Black DIMMS)
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7770 and EVGA GTX 470 and Zotac GTX 960
Storage 120GB OS SSD, 240GB M2 Sata, 240GB M2 NVME, 300GB HDD, 500GB HDD
Display(s) Nec EA 241 WM
Case Coolermaster whatever
Audio Device(s) Onkyo on TV and Mi Bluetooth on Screen
Power Supply Super Flower Leadx 550W
Mouse Steelseries Rival Fnatic
Keyboard Logitech K270 Wireless
Software Deepin, BSD and 10 LTSC
I played expeditions 4 by NMS and actually im in Atlantis via Odyssey (my Trophys now are by 84% including the DLC Content) :)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Despite playing majority of FC titles, FC 5 is just unplayable to me. I tired to, but world was so big, story was crap and I just didn't like that setting at all. It felt like they tried too hard and thus the whole game was rough to play. I tried to play it many times, but I just didn't like it. It was a chore to load it up and decided to get rid of it. So far my FC series rating would be:
Far Cry - 10/10 (My favourite so far, best gameplay, best action, best setting, best sound design)
Far Cry 2 - 4/10 (Really boring gaming, but not off-putting, tons of bugs if fps is unlocked without Vsync on. I haven't even started to play a game properly yet, but I don't really see much potential in it.)
Far Cry 3 - 9/10 (Was really good release, but at times world shit was just too tedious. Ending was a bit poo.)
Far Cry Blood Dragon - 9/10 (Some great fun without slog of open world and overly long story that I don't care, in a way reminds me of first game)
Far Cry 4 - 7/10 (Decent, but it was so long. Very obviously recycled FC 3, so the game itself felt like it brought nothing new, just some characters with mental issues, oh and Pagan Min - chan, who frankly wasn't entirely wrong)
Far Cry 5 - 2/10 (People like it, but I couldn't give a shit about it, again very recycled FC 3, but now with more boring world, way too many things to do and story that is both cringe and boring, characters that I can't enjoy at all)
Far Cry 6 - doesn't fit on ssd/10 (I had to delete some stuff to fit FC5 previously, but I couldn't be arsed to do the same now, I have a feeling, that FC6 might be more of the same of FC5)

It looks pretty poor for what was supposed to be enhanced game. I was starring at them both and besides more detailed (but maybe not even higher res) textures on right, I frankly can't even tell which is supposed to look better. Maybe shadows are poor on left one, but right image was clearly different setting and shadow softness and etc look the same. Poly count looks worse on right as ear looks blockier, while everything else is the same. Also sweater under metal suit looks like it was less polygons on right image, compared to left as it is a straight oval, meanwhile on left - it has waves. Right one has only a tiny better metal suit textures, circles still look quite poor. AA seems to be improved, but you can force it on in Radeon/nVidia control panel, so it's not a strong argument to make.

the milk train happens a lot these days, honestly its a shame more companies don't have more courage and always try to play it safe. we live in a golden age of new sci fi and/or fantasy books. adapting some of those unique magic systems and worlds into games would be 10/10 fun. really is a shame no one has courage anymore. indie developers can't afford that level of development, like a AAA brandon sanderson book turned game, or wheel of time AAA game done right, or hyperion sci fi book a great modern space opera.

a lot of these authors would be very open minded to a game I think. i have seen them even discuss it in podcasts. the sad part is if they just had courage, they would probably make way more money than they make now playing it safe. but they are the type of games that would need a proper budget and development time.

#respect to ubisoft for recognizing they ****** up with prince of persia sands of time remaster and are now postponing it to 2023. this was courageous imo. its my all time fav game on original xbox and ps2. i played it on both systems around launch. it was way ahead of its time and it deserves a proper remaster. so really happy to see they are listening to the community and delaying it and fixing it