• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800se > Xt

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Motherboard EpoX 9NPA+Ultra nForce4 Ultra with Zalman ZM-NB47J
Cooling All Zalman heatsinks (CNPS7000B-AlCu, ZM-NB47J, VF700-Cu)
Memory 1 GB (2x512 MB) DDR400 Corsair XMS C2 series, max 233 MHz @ 2-3-2-9 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Storage Seagate 80GB SATA, Maxtor 160GB PATA, Maxtor 200GB PATA
Display(s) Dell 17" Trinitron CRT
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek chip
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE, 485 watts, active PFC
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Pro x64, Windows Vista RC1 32-bit
a007fan said:
ShadowFlare,

thanks much for your answer.
I should get the card within a week and will most definitely contact you again then.
I don't mind doing multiple trials as long as I don't incur the risk of damaging the card for good.
I thought it was a pretty straighforward thing to do! I heard there is a jumper on the back and then using Rabit you can just look for the pal/ntsc feature and choose accordingly.
Do you know otherwise?

thanks.
The only risk would be if the flashing got interrupted or if the file somehow got corrupted before you flashed it. The values I'll be working with in the bios would be within what I've already tested and know to work since I've already had one success with it, I just want to find exactly which one out of those values is what makes the change so that no unnecessary changes are made.

There is a jumper on some cards, but I think it may only be for determining whether to use pal or ntsc for the TV out. I've checked in RaBiT, there isn't a way to change it in there. The information it gives did help me where to look, though.

a007fan

I've got teh card but....

ShadowFlare said:
The only risk would be if the flashing got interrupted or if the file somehow got corrupted before you flashed it. The values I'll be working with in the bios would be within what I've already tested and know to work since I've already had one success with it, I just want to find exactly which one out of those values is what makes the change so that no unnecessary changes are made.

There is a jumper on some cards, but I think it may only be for determining whether to use pal or ntsc for the TV out. I've checked in RaBiT, there isn't a way to change it in there. The information it gives did help me where to look, though.

Hi ShadowFlare,

I got my AIW this evening. I didn't get yet the chance to start the flash process and all, but the one thing I would like your opinion on is the fact I couldn't find a jumper/dip switch on teh back whcih turns it to PAL.
My question is: Does this model have such a switch for sure? is it crucial to find it and switch it around or can it all be done just from the Bios?
Thanks for a quick answer as I want to tackle the bios issue already tomorrow morning.

tnx.

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Just post your bios and I'll do the mod for you. :) Do you know how to get a dump of the bios?

BTW, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what value determines what TV standard is used, so the first modded bios I give you will most likely be the only one needed.

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
Just post your bios and I'll do the mod for you. :) Do you know how to get a dump of the bios?

BTW, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what value determines what TV standard is used, so the first modded bios I give you will most likely be the only one needed.

ShadowFlare,

thanks for following up with this issue.
Enclosed is the original Bios of the card. Remember we are talking about the AIW X800 Xl (PCI-E).
I am dying to see the result of your cooking so I'll apreciate a reply from you as soon as possible.
tnx.:roll:

Attachments

• old_bios.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 231

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
The modded bios is attached to this message. That bios has a value that is a little different, so I'm not 100% sure that the mod is correct; however, I am 100% sure that the modded bios won't cause your card to stop working. :) It may possibly just not have the intended effect.

-attached file removed-

Last edited:

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
The modded bios is attached to this message. That bios has a value that is a little different, so I'm not 100% sure that the mod is correct; however, I am 100% sure that the modded bios won't cause your card to stop working. :) It may possibly just not have the intended effect.

ShadowFlare,

I flashed the card with your bios and all I can say is that you managed to do something but...
Let me explain. With the old bios, when I ran the Multimedia Center program, it would only give me NTSC TV System countries to choose from and so I couldn't even perform a channel scan.
Now, after the flash with your bios, it suddenly gives me my country and other European countries to choose from and I can perform the channel scan.
however, in the scan process for channels, it still doesn't find any!
So basically you are on the right direction but something is appently still missing.
Can you please look into it fast and get back to me with another updated flash?
Thanks man.

a007fan

Any Update? Please....

Shadowflare - I went out and came back hoping to see some corrected version from you.

when can I expect to get it?
I am really sorry for pressuring you like that, but as you can imagine I am really really anxious to get this thing working already.
Tnx much!

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Sorry, I just don't go online very often during weekends.

I guess both values that were different in that PAL bios that I originally got the info from needed to be changed in the NTSC bios for it to work right with PAL. I've attached another modded bios with this other change. If this one doesn't work, I don't think I know of anything else I could try changing, since there is no PCI Express AIW PAL bios for me to look at.

-attachment removed-

Last edited:

a007fan

AIW x800 XL - Bios to PAL

ShadowFlare,

thanks much for your effort.
I am currently out of the country for about a week so I will check it as soon as I get back home and will keep you posted anyways.
I really hope it works this time because otherwise I don't konw what I will do.

Thanks again.

a007fan

ATI AIW x800 XL - PAL Bios

Shadowflare,

I just got back home and tried your new bios. Unfortunately it is still the same. There are European countries to choose from but when performing the scan, nothing is found!:cry:

I really don't know what else to do!
Can you try something else? Please!

Wasn't this card released also in Europe and so we could find someone who would send us the PAL bios from their card?

Please I am desperate.:confused:

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
OK, here's one more for you to try. If this doesn't work, I'll keep looking for a solution.

BTW, what are you getting the signal through? Cable TV? An antenna? Are you completely sure the problem is with the card and not from something else?

-attachment removed-

Last edited:

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
OK, here's one more for you to try. If this doesn't work, I'll keep looking for a solution.

BTW, what are you getting the signal through? Cable TV? An antenna? Are you completely sure the problem is with the card and not from something else?

ShadowFlare,

I tried flashing this latest image you sent but ATIFLASH tells me:
"Invalid PC Bios Image
error 0FL01"

As to your question, the signal is coming from a cable antenna hook which is used in another computer with a TV card and working fine. So I don't think that is where the problem comes from.

Expecting your input and ideas.
tnx.

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
a007fan said:
ShadowFlare,

I tried flashing this latest image you sent but ATIFLASH tells me:
"Invalid PC Bios Image
error 0FL01"

As to your question, the signal is coming from a cable antenna hook which is used in another computer with a TV card and working fine. So I don't think that is where the problem comes from.

Expecting your input and ideas.
tnx.
Oops, sorry about that. I forgot to open and save it in RaBiT to correct some things in the file. Here's a corrected one.

Attachments

• ATI.X800XL_AIW.PAL.256.050803.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 323

ahtil

As I understand it work. Is it works gor Ati all in wonder x800 xt AGP to?

ShadowFlare said:
Whoa!!!! I was exactly right on the first attempt at that bios mod?!?! :eek: :D :laugh: :rockout:

I was hoping it would work, but I didn't think I'd really actually be right with what I modded in the bios! :laugh: I guess I should change the filename on the attachment then, since it has been tested and works. :)

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
ahtil said:
As I understand it work. Is it works gor Ati all in wonder x800 xt AGP to?
That's right, that modded bios I posted for k62 was a bios for an All In Wonder X800 XT AGP.

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
That's right, that modded bios I posted for k62 was a bios for an All In Wonder X800 XT AGP.

ShadowFlare,

The new bios unfortunately still didn't do the trick.
I wonder what could be the reason. Could it be that besides the flashing of the Bios there is also a jumper somewhere in the card which needs to be adjusted? I haven't seen any but maybe you know of one.

Also, what would happen if i used the bios you made for kh62? I know it was for an AGP card but could it work for mine or is it best not to try anything like that?

tnx.

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
a007fan said:
ShadowFlare,

The new bios unfortunately still didn't do the trick.
I wonder what could be the reason. Could it be that besides the flashing of the Bios there is also a jumper somewhere in the card which needs to be adjusted? I haven't seen any but maybe you know of one.

Also, what would happen if i used the bios you made for kh62? I know it was for an AGP card but could it work for mine or is it best not to try anything like that?

tnx.
You probably shouldn't try that bios.

BTW, have you tried reinstalling the drivers or software for it? Also maybe see if it works in any other programs. It could just be that it is setup right in the bios, but something isn't configured right in the software. Did you install the software before or after changing it from NTSC to PAL?

ahtil

Thank you. Now I can buy this in next year.:toast:

ShadowFlare said:

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
You probably shouldn't try that bios.

BTW, have you tried reinstalling the drivers or software for it? Also maybe see if it works in any other programs. It could just be that it is setup right in the bios, but something isn't configured right in the software. Did you install the software before or after changing it from NTSC to PAL?

with the first Bios you made for me, I reinstalled the card drivers and software. However, with the subsequent Bioses I didn't uninstall and reinstall them. Do you think I should have?

which other programs could I try to use for the TV? do you know of one?

anyhow, i will now go and uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and see what happens.

a007fan

a007fan said:
with the first Bios you made for me, I reinstalled the card drivers and software. However, with the subsequent Bioses I didn't uninstall and reinstall them. Do you think I should have?

which other programs could I try to use for the TV? do you know of one?

anyhow, i will now go and uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and see what happens.

Hi there,
I just uninstalled the complete driver and softwares of the card and reinstalled them. Then i run again the Multimedia Center program to search for channels but still nothing found.
I also downloaded a 3rd party program as you advised (Windvd home theater) and it couldn't find any channel either.
I know I have asked already but you didn't respond on it: is there supposed to be also some kind of switch or Jumper on this card? maybe that is what is blocking the thing. Is there a way for you to find out?
I guess it is back to you again. I hope you won't give up on me.
tnx.

ceros

Hi to all,
ShadowFlare, I have purchased an ATI AIW x800 XT(AGP) from US (NTSC version) and wanted to ask you one question.Since kh62 has allready the european version(PAL BG/Dk) of AIW x800 is it possible that the modifications in ATI's BIOS just unlocked the pipes and had no effect on the TV standard(NTSC- PAL) ?Could it be locked from MT2050 or Theater 200?I just want to be sure...I didn't mod any card :eek: ... and unless I have chances to solve my problem.....
Thank you,

Ps This forum is just GREAT!

k62

ceros said:
Hi to all,
ShadowFlare, I have purchased an ATI AIW x800 XT(AGP) from US (NTSC version) and wanted to ask you one question.Since kh62 has allready the european version(PAL BG/Dk) of AIW x800 is it possible that the modifications in ATI's BIOS just unlocked the pipes and had no effect on the TV standard(NTSC- PAL) ?Could it be locked from MT2050 or Theater 200?I just want to be sure...I didn't mod any card :eek: ... and unless I have chances to solve my problem.....
Thank you,

Ps This forum is just GREAT!

Hi ceros!
Well the Bios Does affect the tv-tuner (PAL or NTSC) If u already have a XT card and dont want to use it for PAL then there is no point in flashing.
The NSTC card will probably work for PAL with my bios, but it´s not certain, I think there is some hardware differences between the cards. For instance, does your card have the VIA chip on the back for RGB output through SCART??

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
a007fan said:
Hi there,
I just uninstalled the complete driver and softwares of the card and reinstalled them. Then i run again the Multimedia Center program to search for channels but still nothing found.
I also downloaded a 3rd party program as you advised (Windvd home theater) and it couldn't find any channel either.
I know I have asked already but you didn't respond on it: is there supposed to be also some kind of switch or Jumper on this card? maybe that is what is blocking the thing. Is there a way for you to find out?
I guess it is back to you again. I hope you won't give up on me.
tnx.
I don't know if there is supposed to be a jumper or switch or not. Is there one on the card at all? If you are unsure, post pictures of the front and back of the card if you can.

Last edited:

ceros

I want to use the TV tuner at least to watch the chanels (if it isn't possible to record the input signals also -from S-video, and composite ...).
I can receive the channels and see smth but they are in NTSC standard , PAL N and M , and I can't select any european country, just North America and Latin America.
I've got the version with HDTV (YPrPb component video) output block, don't have the SCART :(
,I don't think the SCART is used in USA(this is "the one" :D http://www1.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050505/index.html).
As I read the specs MT2050 is "Fully compatible with NTSC,PAL, SECAM, DAVIC, DVB-C,DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0,
EuroDOCSIS and other standards."
Shouldn't the cards(NTSC and PAL version) be hardware identical ?I don't think it is re-designed just for european standard or :confused: ....

a007fan

ShadowFlare said:
I don't know if there is supposed to be a jumper or switch or not. Is there one on the card at all? If you are unsure, post pictures of the front and back of the card if you can.

Here are the pictures of the card.
Let me know if that helps you.
tnx.

Attachments

• JPG0004_resize.JPG
    JPG0004_resize.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 533
  • JPG0001_resize.JPG
    JPG0001_resize.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 533
  • JPG0005_resize.JPG
    JPG0005_resize.JPG