• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharkoon ELITE SHARK CA700

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Sharkoon Elite Shark CA700 is the biggest and most elaborate of the entire Elite Shark series. Considered Sharkoon's take on a premium case where uniqueness is front and center, the Elite Shark CA700 hopes to impress with a high part count, elaborate design, and functionality worthy of the highest-end components.

Show full review

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
I've never really understood the concept of these type of cases. I mean, unless you happen to live in a pristine, sanitized environment where dust and whatnot doesn't exist, and you walk around in a full body suit with a shower cap over your head -- like a laboratory or something -- cases like this are nothing but a pain in the ass to keep clean. And if you happen to have pets.... Yeah, good luck with maintaining this thing, lol.

Also, I had to do a double take in regards to the weight of this case even before any parts are installed.... S-sixty pounds?! SIXTY goddamn pounds?! In addition to the case, you also get a hernia too, I guess. :laugh: Thing should come with one of those engine cranes you see in hot rod shops :roll:

All the joking aside though, great review as always @Darksaber :clap::lovetpu:

I have a CA700 at home right now and I have to agree with pretty much everything on the list. However, the only problem that I found is that the riser is PCIe 3.0 and it works with new cards like RTX3070 at PCIe 4.0 (works like Windows boots without issues and there is no black screen, etc.) but the performance is very low and I have to set PCIe 3.0 in BIOS. The same issue is on more cards like RX6800XT.

I've attached one random photo of my test rig.

ADATA_D50_36C17ROG_pht13.jpg

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I've never really understood the concept of these type of cases. I mean, unless you happen to live in a pristine, sanitized environment where dust and whatnot doesn't exist, and you walk around in a full body suit with a shower cap over your head -- like a laboratory or something -- cases like this are nothing but a pain in the ass to keep clean. And if you happen to have pets.... Yeah, good luck with maintaining this thing, lol.

Also, I had to do a double take in regards to the weight of this case even before any parts are installed.... S-sixty pounds?! SIXTY goddamn pounds?! In addition to the case, you also get a hernia too, I guess. :laugh: Thing should come with one of those engine cranes you see in hot rod shops :roll:

All the joking aside though, great review as always @Darksaber :clap::lovetpu:

Show case, really.

I think the review's conclusion says it well. Its not sensible, its not cost effective and it doesn't want or pretend to be. Maintenance and practicality are an afterthought.

Was super surprised the GPU position had that huge +10C on temperature. I almost wonder if it was more about that specific OEM cooler design, although I'm sure it fairly conventional.
If that's how terrible the vertical position kills cooling performance why they even consider it as an option, did they not test it? I suppose in an more close and air flow restricted case where the GPU in vertical might pull fresh air it would have more of an affect.