• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI unveils 12th Gen Intel Core gaming desktop and definition the new standard of gaming monitor

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
For those who do not familiar with PC DIY users, MSI also offers pre-built systems. The only thing that customers should worry about is what games you should play and MSI will take over the rest parts. MSI desktop line-up fully implements the concept of G.A.M.E. unlimited into the products, including performance, aesthetics, connectivity, and experience. A prebuild PC user only just enjoys the plug-and-play experience, the rest of the software and hardware integrated MSI will help you to complete the processing, while you get the product.

The new MSI gaming desktops are equipped with Intel's latest 12th Gen Alder Lake processors. The advanced Intel 7 process technology with hybrid architecture combining P-Core (Performance) and E-Core (Efficiency) increases multi-thread performance by up to 47%. The gaming performance also has more than 13% increase compared to the previous generation. The full lineup of K Series gaming desktops adopted DDR5 memory with read speed up to 60% higher than the previous generation equipped with DDR4. This can provide players with faster data reading. In addition, the MSI 12th Gen gaming desktops are all equipped with Windows 11. The Direct Storage technology can help players quickly read the games while the Auto HDR function can even improve SDR game scenes to HDR quality. This time MSI launched the all new 12th Gen Series Intel unlocked processors models including MEG Aegis Ti5, MEG Trident X and MAG Codex X5. All of these models embody the G.A.M.E. Unlimited sprit to bring gamers to the new era of gaming.

MEG Aegis Ti5 12th - Path to the Future
Our flagship model MEG Aegis Ti5 12th is equipped with an Intel Core i9-12900K processor and NVIDIA RTX 3090 graphics card. Its ultimate performance is matched with MSI's exclusive Silent Storm Cooling 4 cooling technology, which can fully match the performance of the i9K processor and RTX 3090 graphics card. The world's first HMI Gaming Dial not only allows players to quickly switch system performance settings but also allows players to customize their favorite animation on the LCD.

MEG Trident X 12th - The centerpiece of gaming
For the compact sizes Trident series, MSI breaks through the difficulties in cooling performance and continues to equip MEG Trident X 12th with improved CPU performance. The system's heat dissipation capacity is better-improved thanks to the exclusive "Silent Storm" 3 heat dissipation technology and the enlarged heatsink. The heat dissipation surface is increased by 26% compared to the previous generation, allowing players to experience the smoothest gaming experience.

MAG Codex X5 12th - Rule your gaming empire with minimalist style
The Codex Series is popular in the mainstream market. The MAG Codex X5 12th has an aggressive appearance, large glass side panel, and RGB lighting effects that players can freely adjust with software. The MAG Codex X5 12th is equipped with up to Intel Core i9-12900K processor and NVIDIA RTX 3090 graphics card. 3A games can easily be run and with the 2.5G Ethernet and WiFi 6E network, players can experience the games without delay.

Color is a Matter
With new intel 12th gen CPU and windows 11 release, MSI foresees that more and more users will care picture color and picture quality since personal PC and notebook provide more powerful performance with next-gen CPU. According to our online volume research, customer did care about response time and refresh rate in the past but now things are changing. People are beginning to care more about color performance because of the prolonged time spent with these monitors.

QD Premium Color - New Standard of Gaming Monitor
"The largest color gamut we've measured to date" - Tom's hardware review of MAG274QRF-QD. MSI QD series are well-known and received many awards but MSI will not just stop here. MSI announce the latest update of QD series and it is a new standard of gaming monitor. QD premium color doesn't only equipped Quantum dot film in the monitor but also made software optimization that help improve color calibration. These designs are made so that gamers can have the best in-game colors. The first batch of QD premium color support monitors are MPG Artymis 273CQRX-QD and MPG Artymis 273CQR-QD. And new MEG 341 Mini LED.

MSI announced the collaboration with world famous panel manufacturer. This time, MSI unveiled the world first 34 inch monitor with mini led technology by AUO AmLED solution. This monitor also featured 800R center curved rate and up to 1000nits to meet HDR 1000 performance. Of course, this monitor is also listed on QD Premium Color, the highest color standard of gaming monitor, that will offer best gaming experience to you.

Console gaming
Besides current curved and Esports gaming monitor segment, MSI announced that will provide console gaming line-up to console lovers since the latest console device has supported high refresh rate and 4K resolution. More console gamers are looking for best monitor with their new console. MSI already made console mode with small scaling to users that can capture 4K signal to 2K monitor. Now, MSI provides a beast - tailored for console gamers. Our unique KVM 3.0 feature is a good example that allow console gamers to using console controller to access monitor OSD setting menu and Marco keys settings. Console gamers can easily switch signal input or setting up monitor without an additional remote controller or stop gaming then drop controller to use their hand to touch physical buttons on the back of monitor. If you are a console gamer who is looking for a 4K 144hz monitor, MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD is a great choice at this moment. Optix MPG321UR-QD offers fast response time and support 144hz at 4K resolution by latest HDMI 2.1. This monitor is also the first MSI monitor with KVM 3.0 unique features.

For those who prefer bigger screen like TV, MSI will also release a new OLED 55 inch monitor in the 2022. Please keep following us and stay-tuned for latest updates.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Poll needs an option for "Yes, but only if it was priced competitively". Here you're getting ripped off on the same scale if you buy a prebuilt.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The chinglish is definitionly strong in this one. Very. Strong.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
so what exactly is in this new standard? :respect:

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
so what exactly is in this new standard? :respect:
1. We make something a little different and designate it as THE new standard...

2. Then we charge you a "standard" arm, leg, kidney, left testicle, and 1st born for it, hehehe :roll:..:eek:..:D

Kinda reminds me of the old MS Joke:

Q: How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None, they just define darkness as the industry standard and call it a day.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yeah, not going to edit their press releases for free.

I love this. Keep not doing that :D

Maybe we should build a reversed spelling checker for Chinglish, that just marks the text that is wrong and puts it in bold, so nobody misses it and we stop copying that stuff over, because you already see many nationalities going the Chinglish way when they try their hand at English. The power of repetition...

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I love this. Keep not doing that :D

Maybe we should build a reversed spelling checker for Chinglish, that just marks the text that is wrong and puts it in bold, so nobody misses it and we stop copying that stuff over, because you already see many nationalities going the Chinglish way when they try their hand at English. The power of repetition...
Chinglish is like a second language across that western pond.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
There should be a depends on the Pre-Built brand option here really. There is Origin and then there is Falcon Northwest. From the latter I would happily purchase a prebuilt, whereas from the former I wouldn't purchase a coaster. However, I'm not in North America nor in the EU, so my DIY tendency is highly due to the prebuilt makers near me catering to 12 y/os without much care for cabling, packaging or cost of ownership, but care about bling and being lazy.