• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SCUF Gaming Unveils SCUF Reflex - The First High-Performance Controllers Created for PS5

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
SCUF Gaming, creator of the high-performance gaming controller category, today introduced SCUF Reflex, Reflex Pro, and an inaugural first-person shooter model, Reflex FPS. All three models of the Reflex controller are designed specifically for PlayStation 5 (PS5). SCUF Reflex encompasses all the groundbreaking features synonymous with SCUF excellence, delivering a heightened experience created specifically with PS5 gamers in mind. Reflex, Reflex Pro, and Reflex FPS include the patented paddle control system that helped make SCUF controllers the premier choice of competitive players everywhere - with an evolved controller design to improve performance for PlayStation gamers.

"PlayStation fans are an integral part of SCUF's history," said Diego Nunez, Vice President of Gaming Marketing at CORSAIR. "They desire speed, durability, comfort, and adaptability and SCUF Reflex delivers them all. Our team has spent months perfecting the design to create the optimal PS5 controller. We're proud to have created a controller worthy of the PS5 community that equips them with heightened performance on the newest console generation."

All three Reflex models feature four removable back control paddles, programmable directly on the controller and toggled through at the press of a button. Paddle profiles make it easy to fine-tune controller settings and save them for different games. No pause in gameplay, remapping tool, or software app is required. Reflex and Reflex Pro feature the DualSense 's adaptive triggers, giving gamers the ability to experience immersive PlayStation 5 gameplay alongside the SCUF control advantage.

For fans of first-person shooters such as Call of Duty or Destiny, the Reflex FPS model features high-performance grip along with instant bumpers and instant triggers - eliminating trigger pull and offering a one-tap motion similar to a mouse click for advanced speed, ideal for fast-paced shooters. Reflex FPS also comes without force feedback motors or adaptive triggers, creating a lightweight controller that removes unwanted vibrations while playing, so you can keep your aim on point at all times.

The Reflex will initially be available in black, with more colorways to be released in the weeks and months following. Future versions of the controller will offer even further customization with a wider variety of faceplates, thumbstick variations, and trim colors to match any setup or personal style.

A complete list of SCUF Reflex, Reflex Pro, and Reflex FPS features includes:
  • Four rear, remappable paddles that can be configured to 12 functions
  • Profile Switch allows you to save three remapping configurations for different games
  • Adaptive triggers, from the PS5 DualSense controller, changes force and tension to improve in-game immersion (Reflex and Reflex Pro only)
  • High-performance grip for advanced comfort and endurance (Reflex Pro and Reflex FPS only)
  • Instant triggers and bumpers alleviate pull distance for faster activations (Reflex FPS Only)
  • Wireless connectivity to play comfortably from a distance
  • Improved thumbstick design and material for more grip and durability
  • Interchangeable thumbstick options, including long, short, domed, and conclave, for optimized fit
  • Removable faceplate trim to swap colors and thumbsticks easier
  • Anti-friction rings for smoother, more controlled thumbstick movement
  • Mute your headset at the tap of a button
  • Built-in rechargeable battery, charged via USB Type-C

Pricing and Availability
Compatible with PS5 and Windows 7+, SCUF Reflex starts at $199.99, Reflex Pro starts at $229.99, and Reflex FPS starts at $259.99. All are now available exclusively at: www.scufgaming.com/reflex.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

ixi

Useless product at that price. The only one who will get them are streamers and youtubers to show off :D

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
the Reflex FPS model features high-performance grip

this just made me laugh....:laugh:

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Lmao, 200-260 buck controllers....

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
$200 controller ?

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
At least in English, scuffs are usually a bad thing.

I find the original playstation controllers too small for my hands and my fingers feel very compressed when pressing the shoulder buttons. Are these any more comfortable for more adult sized hands?

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
I find the original playstation controllers too small for my hands and my fingers feel very compressed when pressing the shoulder buttons. Are these any more comfortable for more adult sized hands?
Yes by a lot

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
As someone with a wonky ass finger thanks to nerve damage... goddamn do i love this new trend of back paddles and rebindable buttons.
It's why i moved to PC years ago, and i can finally use Xbox and PS5 properly thanks to this sort of thing

(TL;DR: most console controllers hurt my hands, rebinding helps)

This company needs to die and get buried, after they were able to patent their unoriginal idea of back pedal buttons on their designs they have held back controller innovations for the rest of us from their competitors.

Also +$200 for a controller that's basically a mod is ridiculous, at that price I would expect them to swap the crappy plastic adaptive trigger components for all metal parts and have LEDs.