• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Gecube 9600 PRO Serial ROM Locked ! Stuck with 1 Mb Trident VGA, Help !

cosmyco

Greetings to all...

I've been searching everywhere, have tried anything I could think of and no success... Like this post on the Mvktech Forum (http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,12/id,16655/#16655) , I keep getting errors when I try to flash the BIOS of my card, even using the "sst" and "f" switch of both ATIFlash and FlashROM... Even trying to erase the BIOS won't do the trick...

The error says...Serial ROM is locked (and ATIFlash/FlashROM -l 0 also reports locked). My card wasn't always locked... When I tried to flash it with a FireGL T2 BIOS, it became locked though...

It happened after an unsucessful attempt to flash the bios, now no bios, not even flashing with a empty bios, will do. I've seen lots of people around in my searches having the same problem, so I think overcoming this issue will bring lots of cards to life !

So now I'm using an Trident PCI card of 1MB, and hating myself... If someone has a clue, it's pretty welcome...

Thanks in advance...

========================================================

Problem solved !

Somehow, when I tried to flash again trough C: (booting from floppy, then cd C: ), the card was flashed without a glitch ! If someone out there in the big world have this issue, I'm willing to give more clues if needed... All of the best for all of ya !

Last edited:

Mad Man

I have a Gigabyte's 9550D and couldn't flash to 9600 but now it's ok. I use the command:
flashrom -p 0 [filename] -sst -f
It need both -sst and -f, one parameter alone wont work.

SEBASTIEN1985

no...does not work that way

i've tried the first days.it's compatible, but not fully working.zero overclocking potential , etc...
thanks for helping me, but i need THIS bios.and it's not on the web.please,dump! lo)