• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Launches PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable

EK, is launching a stand-alone PCIe 4.0 X16 riser cable. This premium high-speed cable is compatible with all modern motherboards. That includes those based on Z590, Z690, X570, and B550 chipsets. It was tested with both the RX 6000 series AMD GPUs and RTX 30 series NVIDIA GPUs. Although a true PCIe 4.0 riser cable, it is 100% compatible with PCIe 3.0 standard.

This high-speed 4.0 GPU riser cable features improved individual PCIe laneway shielding that blocks unwanted external EMI/RFI and interference between channels. EK-Loop PCI-E 4.0 Riser Cable is designed to match the PCIe impedance differential of 85 ohms. Signals that are traveling between the motherboard and the GPU are matched at the proper frequency without any capacitors in the cable that would introduce a potential point of failure and result in a less compact riser.

4-layer PCB with gold-plating was chosen for the best signal integrity and lifespan of the product. It was engineered with heavy-duty PCB/cable junctions to ensure increased durability. It is 200 mm long and easily bends thanks to the flexible shielding of its wires. Flexibility comes extremely useful in tight-fit scenarios like small form factor (ITX) cases, where it truly shines. It has a 90° right-angle connector with a latch.

This GPU riser cable is compatible with EK-Loop Vertical GPU Holder and EK-Loop Vertical GPU Holder - Shifted.

Availability and Pricing

The EK-Loop PCI-E 4.0 Riser Cable is available for order through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

• EK-Loop PCI-E 4.0 Riser Cable - 200 mm | 66.90€

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Err, what? This is literally a Linkup cable that has been available on amazon for months in variety of sizes and even colors. It even says linkup on the cable in EK pictures. Maybe launched isn't the proper term in this context.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Err, what? This is literally a Linkup cable that has been available on amazon for months in variety of sizes and even colors. It even says linkup on the cable in EK pictures. Maybe launched isn't the proper term in this context.
Good catch. That's pretty bad...

D

Deleted member 24505

Near enough the same cable on amazon uk is £89 :O

Leiesoldat

lazy gamer & woodworker
Supporter
System Name Arda
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570-I AORUS Pro WiFi
Cooling Custom Loop - Aquacomputer, Optimus, EK, Bykski
Memory GSkill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC RX 6800XT
Storage SK Hynix P41 1TB
Display(s) VIOTEK 3440 x 1440 144 Hz Curved
Case XTIA Proto-XL
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modius + Schiit Jotunheim
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 850W Titanium
Mouse Xtrfy MZ1 Zy's Rail Wireless
Keyboard Rainkeebs Yasui - Custom 40% Ortholinear
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yeah, I wouldn't buy this from EK. I got mine from Linkup for a much better price and the orientation I needed. Anything else is trash in comparison.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
$70....

nope, notta, no way 'jose :(