• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New PSU suggestions please.

• Thread starter Deleted member 24505
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24505

Not sure how much it matters to you but this should be coming on psu later this year.

I'm guessing the next round of PSUs will have this connector incorporated, so maybe it is worth waiting, as i will be trying to get a 3070ti later this year, though unsure if it will have the 12 pin or 2x8 pins

Processor Intel i7 11700F
Motherboard Asrock B560 Pro4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB NVMe
Display(s) BenQ XL2411P
Case MSI MAG Forge 100R
Power Supply XFX Pro Series 750W
It is better like Corsair does, like they look all the same, but actually have different pinouts? 12V swapped and burn your motherboard?

It ain't about cooler master here, it is just a badge. The thing we must notice is Gospower as the OEM for the PSU a new player.
Not sure, I only have same gen cables but i'd expect the 24pin-out to not go in the slot, all it takes is inverting one of the non-squared pins. If they don't do that, yeah it's dirty :laugh: I just assumed they did. Regardless, had a bad experience with a almost new cooler master so my main point still stands :)

I'm guessing the next round of PSUs will have this connector incorporated, so maybe it is worth waiting, as i will be trying to get a 3070ti later this year, though unsure if it will have the 12 pin or 2x8 pins
You don't need that. No current gen card will be produced in PCI-E 5, only next gens (nor will they ever require more than dual 8 or 8+6pin can provide). And even next gens, I doubt any mid tier card and below will actually use all that power and thus need the new connector. Regardless, if you wanna settle for the 3070Ti go ahead and buy the PSU now. If you want to wait for the RTX 40 series and wtv AMD calls their next gen, then you should wait.

Edit: the only exception could be that rumored 3090Ti but I seriously doubt they will produce a single card in the 30 family with pci-e 5, it's just a rumor for now. Even if it comes true, you stated interest in a 3070Ti which will not go through a whole review of the production process just for a few months of production, not gonna happen when the 40 series are already planned for later this year. TDP of 280W means you're fine with an adapter. Start to worry if the 40 series come out with 400W+ TDP and you want one :laugh:

Last edited: