• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li 2022 Digital Expo Teases with New Prototypes and Soon-to-be-Released Products

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
LIAN LI Industrial Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of aluminium chassis and PC accessories, premieres the LIAN LI 2022 DIGITAL EXPO at 9 am EST on YouTube (here). A 2-part video series, LIAN LI gives further updates on Lancool III, V3000 PLUS, and UNI FAN SL INFINITY, and unveils 2 prototypes with the UNI FAN P28, STRIMER PLUS V2, and L-Connect 3 with a complete tour of the new ARGB software.

LANCOOL III: Since its first appearance at the LIAN LI 2021 DIGITAL EXPO 2.0, the LANCOOL III's prototype received many updates. The LANCOOL III is expected to be available in an RGB and non-RGB version, both versions with 3 pre-installed 140 mm PWM fans. Here are the updates:
  • Revised opening mechanism for side tempered glass panels using front handles with continuous aluminium edges to unlock.
  • All-around 360 radiator support.
  • Front panel lever to release the front multidirectional radiator bracket.
  • Adjustable cable pass-through bar with larger rubber grommets for longer and bulkier extension cables.
  • Adjustable and removable PSU shroud top panel.
  • Modular and removable drive cages to improve airflow from the PSU shroud.
  • Revised right-side shroud panel with removable SSD support.
  • Improved cable management with multi-layer velcro straps.
V3000 PLUS
The V3000 PLUS is a dual system chassis designed with modern features. Returning with a few updates from LIAN LI's previous EXPO, the V3000 PLUS is close to completion. Here are the improvements:
  • Front, top, and shroud side panel mesh design optimized to improve airflow.
  • Left and right side tempered glass panels, with new push-lock mechanism.
  • Light projection LIAN LI logo under the front panel.
  • Revised top IO layout with toggle switch to control the power and reset buttons from the primary system to the secondary system.
  • Front side multidirectional bracket for flexible radiator/fan thickness support.
  • Relocatable drive cages from PSU shroud to the main chamber beside the motherboard.
  • Toolless SSD trays behind the motherboard tray.
UNI FAN SL120 INFINITY
The refined prototype of the new UNI FAN SL120 INFINITY takes the UNI FAN concept to another level with improved looks, cable management, and compatibility. Here is a list of improvements:
  • Infinity mirrors at the front center and side edges.
  • Slim and bright narrow light grooves along the front edges of the fan.
  • Thinner fan cluster power module relocated to the center of the fan frame, and features two-way cable orientation.
  • Removable fan interlocking key.
  • PWM and ARGB cables combined into a single one.
  • Revised UNI HUB with support for two GALAHAD AIO pump ARGB.
UNI FAN P28
The UNI FAN P28 brings the UNI FAN interlocking concept to a higher level of performance and lower noise, but still has the option of added aRGB as an option.
  • 28 mm thick fan made with fluid dynamic bearings, metal-bearing shell, top plated iron shell, and harder build materials, resulting in less vibration and distortion.
  • Smaller power module connection that is embedded into the fan, as well as removable interlocking keys for optimal clearance with radiator fitting.
  • Users have the option to modify the sides of the fan with an aRGB accessory that replaces the aluminium decorative strip of the UNI FAN P28.
STRIMER PLUS V2
Well known for its ability to elevate the RGB factor of any build, the STRIMER PLUS V2 is packed with improvements, including:
  • Silicon-covered power cables for a thinner profile and more flexibility.
  • Upgraded diffuser strip, allowing the lighting effect to also shine through the side, stepping up the "wow" effect.
  • Both GPU versions of the STRIMER PLUS V2 feature separate 6+2pins for better compatibility and easier installation on GPUs where power connectors are further apart.
  • Supported by the latest L-Connect 3 software to individually control each RGB channel on the 24pin, 2x8pin, and 3x8pin.
L-CONNECT 3
LIAN LI's RGB software is now capable of full control of products within LIAN LI's ecosystem and becomes the one-stop-shop for RGB control.
  • Complete system information, configurable fan profiles according to GPU or CPU temperatures.
  • Individual effects for SL120s, AL120s, SL INFINITY, STRIMER PLUS.
  • Quick sync of effects throughout your system.
  • Auto controller firmware update and software update.
  • Customizable speed profile names, cluster names, temperature settings, and languages.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

3mm thicker fans, is that enough to improve performance?

Depending on how they use those 3mm? yes. Actually quite a bit is possible here. But I guess finally we'll see once Wizz/TPU-Team got his/their hands on them :D :)

But in general, there is still a lot possible in fan-design and optimization, even for the "standard thickness" (but all of this depends on how much money can be made to (re)cover the research/design-effort) so we'll see what they did with those 3mm / what they use this "additional real-estate" for :)

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Guess i'll be buying RGB instead of a 3000 series GPU to speed up my PC.

3mm thicker fans, is that enough to improve performance?

Phanteks performed pretty well increasing the size to 30mm. I don't mind the increasing sizes, there's only so much that can be done tunning the blades alone, but I hope this doesn't become the new gimmick with everyone using whatever size they want just to easily one up each other.

There will start to be diminishing returns as the fan gets heavier for example, but they can also just pull more power to achieve the same speed, and then there goes the possibility to daisy chain multiple fans or here come 2A rated headers and blowymatrons on regular computers :D

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
What a spectacular way to start off 2022... with MOAR boring-assed, same ole same same rectangular boxen of yesteryear !

But OTOH, I really like the uni-fan idea, which IMHO, is a very nice and welcomed step forward (and for a reasonable price too) for those of us who intend to use 240-360mm cooling set-ups, so there's that :)

D

Deleted member 24505

What a spectacular way to start off 2022... with MOAR boring-assed, same ole same same rectangular boxen of yesteryear !

But OTOH, I really like the uni-fan idea, which IMHO, is a very nice and welcomed step forward (and for a reasonable price too) for those of us who intend to use 240-360mm cooling set-ups, so there's that :)

Specially using one connector for 3 fans, that would be very nice as it can be a pain having 6+ fans to connect in the PC. I have 8 and that is bad enough.

Phanteks performed pretty well increasing the size to 30mm. I don't mind the increasing sizes, there's only so much that can be done tunning the blades alone, but I hope this doesn't become the new gimmick with everyone using whatever size they want just to easily one up each other.

There will start to be diminishing returns as the fan gets heavier for example, but they can also just pull more power to achieve the same speed, and then there goes the possibility to daisy chain multiple fans or here come 2A rated headers and blowymatrons on regular computers :D

It'd be nice to have a bunch of thick, 56mm (28mm x2) or 72mm (38mm x2) counter-rotating fans updated and optimized for cooling and extreme static pressure at "quiet" speeds, similar to how quiet the behemoths from SanAce, Delta, and Nidec surprisingly are when run at their lowest voltages (3 of them in intake config being not much louder than a standing room fan on low). It'd also be nice to have consumer PWM control as opposed to sourcing an expensive enterprise PWM controller or hacking your own PWM control system. Moreso since Lamptron failed to live up to their promise of creating a proper PWM controller for server Delta/SanAce/Nidecs years back.

Also, anyone remember the old Triebwerk 55mm thick static pressure fans that competed against the likes of Nidec's original GTs? They were a joint project between Feser and Noiseblocker (same company behind the NB eLoops) and was one of the first to feature daisy-chained connectors.

Triebwerk__2__081115141412.jpg
Triebwerk__3__081115141413.jpg

I wonder what kind of performance could be had with modern fan modeling and construction techniques in the 28-55mm thick range. EK had a piss-poor attempt with the Meltemi, but Phanteks came out years later with an absolute killer. Now I wonder what could Noctua do if so inclined, and if someone else would get Nidec to release consumer grade variants of their own 38mm fan line, using consumer PWM instead of enterprise PWM control.

Attachments

• Triebwerk__2__081115141412.jpg
    Triebwerk__2__081115141412.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 51
Aside from the ability to link fans together its just more huge ugly AF monuments to RGB and tampered glass, no thanks.

Lian Li's only good looking designs left are their ITX options. The PC case industry is really in a pretty sad state.

D

Deleted member 24505

Aside from the ability to link fans together its just more huge ugly AF monuments to RGB and tampered glass, no thanks.

Lian Li's only good looking designs left are their ITX options. The PC case industry is really in a pretty sad state.

Because they don't know what to do apart from make a fancy box with RGB

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
Guess i'll be buying RGB instead of a 3000 series GPU to speed up my PC.
As the old saying goes:
Blue gives more cooling.
Red gives more gigahertz.
Green gives more NVidia points to make your NVidia GPU go faster.

I'm using a o11d xl and still think it's a nice case.
Actually I do too. Not really my thing, but it looks good for what its trying to be and has (had?) some unique designs ideas. The O11 is old news now though and it still is the only thing they got going that has any semblance of creativity and design thats not iTX

What they showed here is just lazy unimaginative rehashes from the last 10 years with 15% more RGB and glass.

D

Deleted member 24505

Actually I do too. Not really my thing, but it looks good for what its trying to be and has (had?) some unique designs ideas. The O11 is old news now though and it still is the only thing they got going that has any semblance of creativity and design thats not iTX

What they showed here is just lazy unimaginative rehashes from the last 10 years with 15% more RGB and glass.

I'm really dying to see something new, only got this for water cooling support, and i like the chimney style airflow, bottom in top out, rather than front in, back/top out.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Looks like the major "innovation" of 2021, namely tempered glass on the motherboard tray side of the case, is going to continue. Because of course, since it was such a great idea the first time, adding more of it is even better. /s

Also expecting to see the Fractal Torrent copied en masse, WRT relocation of the PSU to the top of the case. Everything old is new again...

Was considering the PC-O11 Dynamic EVO but am not prepared to pay more than what the original O11D cost for what are evolutionary improvements (noteworthy improvements, but still evolutionary). For now I'm just gonna stick with my plain O11D and tweak some of the problem areas with 3D printing.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Dual custom loops
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3200C14 B-Die
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Reference
Storage ADATA SX8200 480GB, Inland Premium 2TB, various HDDs
Display(s) MSI MAG341CQ
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Schiit Fulla 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Titanium SE 1000W
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Drop CTRL, lubed and filmed Halo Trues
I wish they'd stop messing with the V3000+. Every time they touch it, they make it worse. Just give me the first pass.

D

Deleted member 24505

V3000 PLUS video, the case looks huge compared to the guy.

I have the Lian Li Uni fans in a case right now...I like the look of them...black blades with a chrome silver decal in the middle..I think they look pretty classy

The lancool 3 change's are good but I wanted to see a bit more thickness on the cable management side, I noticed they didn't show power cables and I know why because when you add in bulky cables it's impossible to get the rest of the cables managed correctly no matter how much you try. Where they put the RGB controller's was funny because if you leave the drive cages in that where the excess power supply cables are going. And I didn't see removable mesh anywhere but the top again so if you sticking 10 fan's in there it's going to be a dust factory. I'm looking for a upgrade to my Lancool 2 for the above reasons and this case sadly won't be it.