• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GRID Legends Featuring All-action Gameplay, Hop-in Cross-platform Multiplayer, New Global Locations, and Epic Story Mode, Now Available Worldwide

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Codemasters and Electronic Arts Inc. today deliver GRID Legends, an all-action, edge-of-your-seat driving experience that gives players cross-platform multiplayer gameplay, story mode, deep career, and a faster route to connect with friends. Courtesy of the revolutionary hop-in gameplay mechanic, players can now jump to the action in seconds without waiting in lobbies. This function also extends to the expanded Career, with each player rewarded based on their performance. Further innovations include an intuitive Race Creator allowing players to build their ultimate racing match-ups, and 'Driven to Glory', an epic motorsport story with players competing for the GRID World Series against a formidable line-up of racing superstars.

GRID Legends revamped in-race choreographer means no race is ever the same. Unique AI driver personalities create unpredictable racing at every turn, so players must expect the unexpected. AI vehicles jostle for position and take risks to stay ahead. The living, breathing world can produce unpredictable moments such as crashes, engine blow-outs or cars flipping in front of you. GRID Legends also takes players to every corner of the globe across the 130 routes at launch, including real-life tracks such as Brands Hatch and Indianapolis, to iconic city circuits like Dubai and London.

"GRID Legends is the perfect racing game for friends to come together across all platforms and compete in some of the most iconic cities in the world," said Mark Green, GRID Senior Development Director at Codemasters. "We have delivered more variety and choice for our players. From Driven to Glory and Career to the Race Creator and hop-in cross-platform multiplayer, there is something here for every type of race fan. We can't wait to see everyone on the grid."

Players can now race and upgrade over 100 vehicles at launch, from classic touring cars to big rigs, single-seaters, to electrics and hybrids. The in-game Race Creator allows players to create their dream races with multi-class options, so vehicles such as stadium trucks can compete against compacts on a level playing field. There is also a randomiser button for those who want to get to the action quicker. Once created, players can host events online in private lobbies for friends or open it up to the global community. All multiplayer options feature cross-platform functionality, so friends and players can connect regardless of where they are playing.

'Driven to Glory' is a modern documentary-style story mode featuring live footage and driver interviews, on-track sequences and choreographed in-game events. The story follows Driver 22, an unknown on the circuit battling from rookie to GRID World Champion against established teams, including Nathan McKane from Ravenwest. The live content brings players closer to the action and features a diverse cast, including award-winning British actor Ncuti Gatwa.

GRID Legends is available today on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, alongside PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. EA Play* subscribers can enjoy a 10-hour trial, with the Deluxe Edition available for EA Play Pro members.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
cant wait to see how EA has monetized the game :laugh:

I'll stick to the older GRID games instead.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Does not belong on the Front Page. Codemasters is known for not listening to the community and lack of support, that doesnt mean they havent changed in the last 5 years, but that reputation will stick with them.

E.Arts on the other hand... will screw something up here, they always do.

System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
50 reviews, 413 players online. Price too damn high if you ask me, should be 29.99.

Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard ASRock TRX40 Creator
Cooling NH-U14S TR4-SP3
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 8x8GB
Video Card(s) RTX A6000
Storage WD SN850
Power Supply 1000W EVGA SuperNova P2
Such a diverse cover.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Codemasters ruined their good reputation a good few years before the single most anti-consumer publisher on the planet took them over.

Thanks, this could even be a half-decent game but I'm not giving EA anywhere near their asking price for anything ever again, and haven't done so for more than a decade now.

Perhaps when the GOTY with all of the dumb microtransactions and mandatory DLCs is in a Steam flash sale at 80% discount I'll pay Valve for the convenience of trying it out without EA/CM's bullshit.

50 reviews, 413 players online. Price too damn high if you ask me, should be 29.99.
That isn't even the full game. There's day-zero DLC that makes the full launch price actually $80. Also, there's not really that much new content for owners of 2019's GRID reboot.

Also, another reason I stopped playing any of Codemaster's non-rally (ie, against the clock, not against AI) driving games was that I grew tiresome of the always-cheating, stupid AI that work on rubberband skill mechanics. You can set lap records every single lap and the entire grid will be right on your ass ready to overtake you on the last lap, even if that lap would have been a lap record at the start of the race.

You can, at the other end of the utterly bullshit AI mechanics, go AFK at the start of the race for 10 minutes then drive like a moron for two thirds of the distance. If you then put in some mildly-competent laptimes it's an easy victory because the AI are all unable to go fast until you whizz past them halfway around the last lap.

Suicidally-stupid AI that always cheats really isn't appealing and since every AI driver is out to take you and themselves out of the race, it's not even fun - you're not racing other drivers, you're racing a single AI that will use all other cars against you with no regard for their race position or ranking in the long game.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Dirt 5 was alrady a shitty game, now with EA behind it we can only expect the worst.

xu^

System Name Mr_average ( hoping 1 day to upgrade to Mr_above_average )
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x @3.4ghz/4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AS-500 Plus - White | 6 Lian Li ST120mm case fans - White
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 - White
Video Card(s) Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB OC
Storage 512gb Sabrent Nvme | 4tb Samsung SSD | 2tb WD Blue SSD| 1tb Crucial P3 Nvme| 1tb WD Blue HDD = 8.5tb
Display(s) D1: LG Ultragear GL850-B 27" 1440p 144hz | D2: Asus Tuf - VG249 24" 1080p 144hz
Case Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB - White
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II | Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset - White
Power Supply Corsair TX650M Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Red Dragon M991 - White
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2
Software Windows 11 Pro
cant wait to see what they ruin next tbh, i think the next F1 game will be full of Microtransactions, be full of bugs as usual.
now theyve been EA'd so to speak, things will only get worse.

That isn't even the full game. There's day-zero DLC that makes the full launch price actually $80. Also, there's not really that much new content for owners of 2019's GRID reboot.

yeah, my thought was "oh, yeah, it's an EA-game, so of course" when I saw that..... it's unbelievable.... not that they sell their stupid "year 1 pass" as with EVERY game (division1&2 as prime example) which unlocks more stuff down the road you don't even know yet what it could be .... but actually some REAL game content which should be included in a 60€ game .... I mean, really? Thanks for telling me, that technically I'm only buying the unlocked demo but have to spend even more to get the full day-1-game-experience.....

what the heck. Like really. I hated buying Forza-5 full price but to be honest, for the amount of hours of enjoyment my wife and I got out of it, it was actually more than worth it.... and I didn't have to use any ingame-purchases to fully enjoy it. But Grid.... was disappointing in the last few years beyond believe and this stunt with the "deluxe day 1 DLC" bullshit just is the last nail in the coffin from my side....

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
yeah, my thought was "oh, yeah, it's an EA-game, so of course" when I saw that..... it's unbelievable.... not that they sell their stupid "year 1 pass" as with EVERY game (division1&2 as prime example) which unlocks more stuff down the road you don't even know yet what it could be .... but actually some REAL game content which should be included in a 60€ game .... I mean, really? Thanks for telling me, that technically I'm only buying the unlocked demo but have to spend even more to get the full day-1-game-experience.....

what the heck. Like really. I hated buying Forza-5 full price but to be honest, for the amount of hours of enjoyment my wife and I got out of it, it was actually more than worth it.... and I didn't have to use any ingame-purchases to fully enjoy it. But Grid.... was disappointing in the last few years beyond believe and this stunt with the "deluxe day 1 DLC" bullshit just is the last nail in the coffin from my side....
You should see on of the minigames in Lost Judgment. It's basically a 101 course on Pay2Win - you literally can't make it through level 1 without purchasing booster items. Granted, this is all using the ingame currency that's in no way tied to paying actual money but the actual MO perfectly matches some gacha P2W money drain.

You should see on of the minigames in Lost Judgment. It's basically a 101 course on Pay2Win - you literally can't make it through level 1 without purchasing booster items. Granted, this is all using the ingame currency that's in no way tied to paying actual money but the actual MO perfectly matches some gacha P2W money drain.

Ouch. Never played this game but yes, that sounds.... very obvious. Even if you can get it for free we all know how this works..... and how long the average can resist "instant gratification" :D ;)