• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Turtle Beach Corporation Launches "Play with Purpose" - Establishing the Company's Environmental, Social, and Governance Goals

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Leading gaming accessories provider Turtle Beach Corporation today officially announced the Company's Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) program, entitled Play with Purpose. The Company's Play with Purpose program, along with its ESG Policy adopted by its Board of Directors, formalizes the Company's ESG initiatives and sets goals that are, and will continue to be, a vital part of Turtle Beach Corporation's business. Available on the Company's corporate website, Play with Purpose highlights Turtle Beach Corporation's current and future initiatives and goals to reduce its carbon footprint, eliminate plastic packaging, reduce packaging size, and add carbon impact labels on select products across its Turtle Beach, ROCCAT, and Neat Microphones brands. Beyond Turtle Beach Corporation's ESG goals, Play with Purpose also provides insight into the Company's diversity and inclusion and community involvement commitments.

"As one of the most well-known brands in gaming for decades, Turtle Beach has had a long-term commitment to ESG initiatives and today's announcement articulates our future goals," said Juergen Stark, Chairman and CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "With the guidance of the team at RPS Group, amplified by the energy within the organization to continue to do more and do better, we are excited to share these plans and our goals with the community. We want to ensure that when consumers buy Turtle Beach, ROCCAT, and Neat Microphones products, they have confidence knowing we're focused on minimizing environmental impact, in addition to knowing they're getting the highest-quality product."

One of Turtle Beach Corporation's commitments to date includes reducing plastic use in packaging by 88% (by weight) for the Company's Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset for Xbox (as compared to the original Stealth 600 Xbox headset model). In addition, with other headset models, plastic use was reduced by 87%-96% (by weight). Turtle Beach Corporation has also re-engineered product packaging over time to reduce the overall size and allow for more efficient shipping, which reduces the carbon output associated with shipping products.

Nevertheless, Turtle Beach Corporation plans to go further. By 2023, the Company aims to introduce carbon neutral products and place carbon impact labeling on select products. Turtle Beach's ESG team is investigating potential sources of post-consumer recycled plastics (PCR) and ways to best integrate PCRs into future products. By 2024, the goal is to incorporate at least 10% PCRs into select products. These actions will not only minimize Turtle Beach Corporation's environmental impact, but will also enable Turtle Beach, ROCCAT, and Neat Microphones customers to make informed purchasing decisions that support a more sustainable lifestyle.

Turtle Beach Corporation's Play with Purpose program is also about more than the environment. Indeed, the Company has always taken a strong position to support diversity and inclusion, along with steadfast community support and interaction. The Company believes workplace diversity creates an environment where different perspectives lead to improved creativity, productivity, team member engagement, and overall employee happiness. To embrace diversity, Turtle Beach has taken initiatives such as working with diversity-focused, specialized job sites to increase the diversity of its candidate pool.

In addition to the Company's long-standing in-house diversity efforts, over 60% of Turtle Beach Corporation's roster of external gaming partners and creator talent come from under-represented groups in gaming. Turtle Beach Corporation also supports the broader community by giving back to causes that we, along with our customers and our partners, care strongly about. For example, in 2020, in support of social justice reform Turtle Beach Corporation partnered with Roc Nation and Team Roc to provide financial support for The Gathering for Justice and Until Freedom. Also, in 2021 Turtle Beach announced a long-term partnership with GLSEN to support LGBTQ+ gamers.

Stark added, "We want to work with a diverse group of the best and brightest people, because it makes Turtle Beach Corporation a better place. Whether it's the individuals that make up the Company, other companies we work with, or the influencers, content creators, and pro gamers we partner with, diversity has always played an important role in how we do business."

Turtle Beach Corporation engaged RPS Group - a global ESG consultancy, to help enhance its ESG strategy, assist with implementation, and provide an objective assessment of its current standing with respect to ESG matters.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I've had two turtle beach headsets and a turtle beach audio splitter. Both headsets broke within 6 months from the cheap plastic cracking so the earmuffs fell off, and the audio splitter failed within a year.

I bought a Sennheiser headset and a Chinese splitter, both still work flawlessly 9 years later.

Perhaps, instead of focusing on "muh diversity and representation" and " think of the packaging" they should focus on making a halfway decent product.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
ESG scores?!, Must be after investment, I doubt they'll find it on Tpu though besides small scale product purchaser's.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
eliminate plastic packaging
no more bubble wrap? Thats such a stress reliever

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
ESG is a scam. :)
When they start rating people with it it'll be a scandal as well.
As it should be in corporate land, ethical scores are now a clear priority for all these companies and all are managing miracles by 20??, I think they're more likely to be miracles of obfuscation with carbon credits and if then statement's = progress, while the reality, pales in comparison.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed K/DA
Keyboard Logitech K400 Plus
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
I've had two turtle beach headsets and a turtle beach audio splitter. Both headsets broke within 6 months from the cheap plastic cracking so the earmuffs fell off, and the audio splitter failed within a year.

I bought a Sennheiser headset and a Chinese splitter, both still work flawlessly 9 years later.

Perhaps, instead of focusing on "muh diversity and representation" and " think of the packaging" they should focus on making a halfway decent product.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I frankly do not care. I would rather buy cheaper, higher quality products than have the cost of these "social justice measures" passed onto me, the customer.

Turtle Beach, your single duty as a corporation is to ensure that you do not use, or source products and services derived from slave labor. Not anything else. You are a computer peripheral company.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Wholeheartedly agreed. I frankly do not care. I would rather buy cheaper, higher quality products than have the cost of these "social justice measures" passed onto me, the customer.

Turtle Beach, your single duty as a corporation is to ensure that you do not use, or source products and services derived from slave labor. Not anything else. You are a computer peripheral company.
For me, I am like , you should have been acting ethically and sensibly anyway, but time and again profit, comes first.

In all my last jobs I had ethical "Training" etc, didn't they before now?!.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64

I had two Turtle Beach headsets. In terms of quality of the products, I'd rate them both a 1 out of 10.
Audio failed in the right ear in the first set I had after a few months.
Tried a different model - the audio control device on the cable worked intermittently, audio crackled in the right earpiece from time to time and eventually failed like the other one I had. Also, the plastic headband cracked and the earpiece wouldn't stay in place anymore, it would just slide with ease.

Got a Logitech G35, had it for 4-5 years and the only issue was the faux leather had peeled off on the headband and earpieces, otherwise it worked without fail. Then my new husky puppy came bounding along and decided to snatch the headset wire as it barely dangled off the desk, chewed apart in 3 different spots in one quick bite.

Got a replacement G35 and I've had it for the past 6-7 years now and it still works just as good as the day I got it - but it lost most of the faux leather on it, but that doesn't bother me. They don't offer this model anymore, so hopefully I don't have to find a replacement anytime soon.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I knew the second diversity and the environment was mentioned certain people would flock here in droves... you guys didn't dissapoint.

Turtle Beach, your single duty as a corporation is to ensure that you do not use, or source products and services derived from slave labor.
I thought it was to make money...

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed K/DA
Keyboard Logitech K400 Plus
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."

Yeah, I mean, pertaining to social responsibilities? That is all I am going to reasonably ask. Money's more of an objective than duty, eh. That and maybe don't pollute the planet too much.

Leading gaming accessories provider Turtle Beach Corporation today officially announced...drivel . babble, blah blah ,mumble , babble , stupidity , virtue signal , lie , great reset , babble some more , blah blah blah

I knew the second diversity and the environment was mentioned certain people would flock here in droves... you guys didn't dissapoint.

hahahahaha!

Last edited:

Agree with you 100%. This is more of an excuse of cutting as much of cost than being "special" and "strong and brave". And yea I've had problems with quality with TB products.